vapolaborium. Jaw drop.

Vapolaborium

Manufacturer
Ok Seek,
You question well, so I want to give you good answers.

You are right so far, of course:
If I draw in cold air, it should cool down the piston.
But there is enough power, insulation etc. available,
AND: The air flow is selected via the pre-cooling sticks so example that no more than 1 litre of air can be drawn in per 10 seconds.
This is sufficient to heat the air to the desired temperature in a stable manner.

I will try to be able to position the herb at variable heights in the flask. That will make a lot of difference.
It is then very easy to clean with a 2nd adapter insert, replace ( pre filled for the next session without getting losses right away ).
I hope the translation fits / arrives...

EDIT:
and so far nothing has burst into flames in there during vaporisation.
It only chars very extremely...
and then it's dishwasher time :cool:
But normally you do not do this ( strongly overheat )

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Seek I can only add that from my experimentation with large and high mass convection heaters that you dont need to run the heater at combustion temps to achieve convection . In fact i get only 15 C difference between the heater and the air that comes into the bowl. Well if your heater is small and there isnt much contact with air (Vleaf go , SSV/DBV vs Glass ball heaters) you need to run it at combustion temps. Same is the reason small coil vapes get to glow temp easy vs high mass coils like the splinter.
Btw with the latest convection mod, it looks like a enormous vapolution setup.

@Vapolaborium Can you put a Thermocouple in the convection bowl ,in order to measure the difference between heated air and heater running temps.

Last edited:

Vapolaborium

Manufacturer
@Vapolaborium Can you put a Thermocouple in the convection bowl ,in order to measure the difference between heated air and heater running temps.

@Abysmal Vapor

Of course:
I now have the new prototype ready in my head,
A thermocouple can be optimally added to it in order to be able to adjust the temperatures better.

Even if, as mentioned for me, it is not worth much,
I will also be able to offer the option of heating shatter / dab / wax via convection.
(However, this will not be as clean as with the extraction of the vaporium itself).

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
In two minutes after I'm done charging back my Paypal transactions, I will post an email thread and pictures showing exactly how arrogant and full of BS this gentleman really is. It's not a language barrier, he is just a rude and genuinely disrespectful guy. I wanted to believe. LOL

After the extremely rude emails Patrick has now said he will fix the problem, so I will hold off on posting the emails and remove this if he does follow through. It did take these exhaustive measures to get his cooperation just FYI.

Last edited:

Vapolaborium

Manufacturer
In two minutes after I'm done charging back my Paypal transactions, I will post an email thread and pictures showing exactly how arrogant and full of BS this gentleman really is. It's not a language barrier, he is just a rude and genuinely disrespectful guy. I wanted to believe. LOL

After the extremely rude emails Patrick has now said he will fix the problem, so I will hold off on posting the emails and remove this if he does follow through. It did take these exhaustive measures to get his cooperation just FYI.

To keep the whole thing factual and short:

It was first about the problem of the metal holder ( because Caleidoscope had received a plastic one... ) this was not the issue for me, because it is even more expensive, more massive and more stable ( stable is relative, you don't need it here ).

That's why I didn't want to start a discussion and get bored....

But then came email:

bkkbob,
That's even a bigger problem!

1. ( fuck the metal bracket, it's the least important thing right now.. ) We won't talk about it now.

2. it's only about the 2 logos on the pre-coolers now.
( I as a seller could not have known from Germany, you did not explicitly ask whether everything is clean on the glass... ) )

3. the problem, DHL writes:
*The parcel stop is only possible if the shipment has not yet been loaded into the delivery vehicle.

yes absolute shit...

I didn't want to make fun of you because of the metal (it's better, and as I said, not worth mentioning...)
It's just about the 2 logos on the two pre-coolers... whereas I'm not sure if there's any advertising on the pre-cooler sticks either...,too

Now the problem can be solved so far,
so that hopefully bkkbob won't have any more problems.

Vapolaborium,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Patrick, I'll let you make that post and let it slide. The profanity was all from you, and the issue was how you responded to my problems. Note that you sent me pictures of all the parts to get this package pre-approved by customs to import as lab equipment, but what you sent had weestar logos on it, So I simply asked you to recall the package and send glass with no logos so I didn't have legal issues.

This response was my problem:

"On the right in the picture there is only a mirror image... ( at the aftercooler ) there is nothing at all!
On the pre-coolers ( on the left in the picture ) this is only provided with a logo.
Now please stop spamming like a fool.
This is not worth mentioning."

I don't mind letting you post your side of the story or deleting my post as you requested since your fixing the issue, but it's not fair to allow you to pretend like there was no issue. It may be a language barrier or miscommunication but your tone in this forum that was given a pass due to your second language was also very disturbing in my transaction with you and almost caused me serious issues. It's important that you don't just write everyone's constructive criticism off and not improve from it.

--- so it continues LOL, I just got this via whatsapp

"But I probably won't sell you the vaporizer when it comes back.
Because this is also a typical scam.
People buy from abroad through other PayPal accounts,
have the goods sent and then book your money back.
That's why I won't accept this payment anymore.

We are now waiting to see where the package goes."

This guy claims this is a german maid vaporizer and is all laboratory glass and sent me pictures of the glass parts for DHL and customs to approve and then tried sending me cheap bong parts not from Germany into a country where it's illegal to import any smoking paraphernalia even for tobacco. I'm losing my patience. Arrogant, was a word that was used before, Dangerous, lunatic, I think is a far more accurate description.

Who has the arrogance to say this "
[9:42 PM, 3/20/2021] : My vaporizer is the only thing that shocks everyone else :)
[9:46 PM, 3/20/2021] I dont want it anymore
[9:46 PM, 3/20/2021]: Thank you

Last edited:

Vapolaborium

Manufacturer
If you new all the vaporizer companies I do business with you would be shocked
I am a known member that owns over 30 vapes..

This has nothing to do with arrogance.
if you have 30 vapes, apparently you still won't have the right one :)

It's not like we're having a fight or anything.
It's just my formal honest & truthful expression,
and I'm glad that you've acknowledged that so far,
and with me you could stop it at DHL, so you didn't have to enter into a criminal prosecution with a lot of sucking, bending, jail or fines.
Better 100% true hard honesty than 0.1% ass crawlers.

For me it is self-evident that you get from me what you expect and have ordered (apart from the logos / pictures now please).
It is only the ego, so that I can say that I could conjure up a smile in the face of an Asian even from a thousand miles away, without him knowing me personally.

It's not about "cheap" Weedstar pre-Cooled Sticks with emblems...
my glass master has these ready in stock. You just gave me 2 really good ideas:

1. in the future I will offer an absolutely cleaned anti-Emblem version,
so that this can't be declared as a vaporizer anymore :) ( No matter where in the world a hemp leaf can be recognised as a sticker or anywhere else... everyone would laugh.... only with the Asians this is just different ).

2. the payment options. I have seen how easy and how quickly one could become a victim of fraud.

If even tobacco is banned in your country, I can imagine how restricted people live there. I would have given the middle finger, fought for it or turned my back on it a long time ago.

I have no secrets, anyone can see my computer, mobile phone or house, anything. Everyone who knows me, whether family or the judiciary, everyone knows what I consume, how I feel about it and who I am.
Please have all that first, before you call me arrogant.

We don't need cheating, bullshitting or stupidity / boredom.
and no one should come to harm, after all, we all want only the best.

arb

Semi shaved ape
This has nothing to do with arrogance.
if you have 30 vapes, apparently you still won't have the right one :)

It's not like we're having a fight or anything.
It's just my formal honest & truthful expression,
and I'm glad that you've acknowledged that so far,
and with me you could stop it at DHL, so you didn't have to enter into a criminal prosecution with a lot of sucking, bending, jail or fines.

For me it is self-evident that you get from me what you expect and have ordered (apart from the logos / pictures now please).
It is only the ego, so that I can say that I could conjure up a smile in the face of an Asian even from a thousand miles away, without him knowing me personally.

It's not about "cheap" Weedstar pre-Cooled Sticks with emblems...
my glass master has these ready in stock. You just gave me 2 really good ideas:

1. in the future I will offer an absolutely cleaned anti-Emblem version,
so that this can't be declared as a vaporizer anymore :) ( No matter where in the world a hemp leaf can be recognised as a sticker or anywhere else... everyone would laugh.... only with the Asians this is just different ).

2. the payment options. I have seen how easy and how quickly one could become a victim of fraud.

If even tobacco is banned in your country, I can imagine how restricted people live there. I would have given the middle finger, fought for it or turned my back on it a long time ago.

I have no secrets, anyone can see my computer, mobile phone or house, anything. Everyone who knows me, whether family or the judiciary, everyone knows what I consume, how I feel about it and who I am.
Please have all that first, before you call me arrogant.

We don't need cheating, bullshitting or stupidity / boredom.
and no one should come to harm, after all, we all want only the best.
You should hire someone else to do your public relations and sales as the approach your taking now doesn't seem conducive to success.
👍

Vapolaborium

Manufacturer
You should hire someone else to do your public relations and sales as the approach your taking now doesn't seem conducive to success.
👍

Can you imagine how unimportant this is, and can happen on the side?
The success is already there and there is only one way.
I don't need the profitable path that seems "conducive". Success is different, but you will only associate it with money.... or?

staircase slight of hand

so you didn't have to enter into a criminal prosecution with a lot of sucking, bending, jail or fines.

Yeah, no need for a PR/CS rep here, none whatsoever... Keep on “succeeding”, OP, or whatever you want to call that. I’m out.

thunderstealer1337

I still want one, and tbh the drama between you and the other buyer - I could care less.
That's between you and that buyer airing it out is childish.

I've dealt with a irate buyer off this forum when I sold my tinymight here and other sales off entx, some ppl just wake up and want to spew nastiness left and right and since they are paying you their hard earned $$$ they feel entitled to it

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I didn't want to start a discussion and get bored....

Oh really? That's how this manufacturer views customer service. They don't want to get bored?

WTF?!?

Either this person is a complete asshole to do business with, or it simply is a language thing, and they really REALLY need to get someone to help in communication with their english speaking customers. Because this isn't working.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm always for giving the benefit of the doubt when language barriers are involved. As this thread has progressed I think it's fair to say that regardless of translation issues our Be Nice rules are not being respected. Indeed we have many members who speak English as a second, third, etc, language who have had no problems being civil and polite.

Racist much?
I really hope not. Perhaps one of our German speaking members can help out here. Thank you to @cptofnthng and @sunyata for your previous insight.

@Vaporlaborium you need to be much more careful going forward. Our number one rule for manufacturers is Keep your posts professional. Take some time to review our rules and run them through a translation program if necessary.

MoltenTiger

a hemp leaf can be recognised as a sticker
If it's applied to glass apparatus, then what does that sticker say to an official responsible for allowing said glass into a country?
In general it's just tacky, but in this instance it is inexcusably a problem.

Is your glass 'master' Ziggy Jackson?

I find it hard to believe anyone would consider vaping from a round bottom boiling flask, or pay for the privilege. It's as absurd as this thread.

VapurrDo

This vape design seems to allow for a LARGE amount of weed being vaped at the same time ? A potencially good hard hitter ?

VapurrDo,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
To keep it straight, I'm not Asian it was just assumed by the country I'm in. The point was he sent pictures of the glass to have DHL send to customs to approve it for import as lab equipment, and I just happened to catch a glimpse in a picture of what he boxed and sent to me a picture of the weed star logos that weren't on the original items. Yes, it's not permitted to import vapes or any smoking devices to this country so I normally send them to my home country the UK. But we got approval to import his laboratory equipment. The fact that he would make light over using bongs instead after having shipped it, is extremely reckless. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt by just posting until he resolved the issue, but the continuous insults and weird statements on here and by WhatsApp is just tasteless.

I don't know how good his product is, so I can't say it's not the best Vaporizer in the world, but I can definitely say it's not worth my time, energy, or stress to deal with him to acquire it. That's all, if he were just patient and polite it could have been a wonderful experience, I was really looking forward to trying it.

The videos posted by the other member are definitely intriguing for sure, that's why I wanted to try it, no denial of that!

Here is what he sent to DHL to be clear, no weedstar bongs :)

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Surely much of the fresh air takes a direct turn to the outflow without ever touching the herb?
Not if you fill the entire thing with herb :rofl: :brow::science:

But yeah clearly no convection worth paying much attention to in this setup, kinda like saying the pax is convection because the air travels through the hot oven. The key to any actual convection device is that huge amounts of heat are generated before hitting the herb, not the air being heated in the same space in which the herb is being heated (generally with much lower temps than what is generated at the heat source in convection setups which would combust the material if it got too close). So unless we clamp an e43 or something to each air intake... (and even then the distance to the herb would likely be too long and the space around the herb to open)

Perhaps one of our German speaking members can help out here.

Hm tough call actually. I'm generally hesitant to call people racists when they say ambiguous stuff, and there are some weird patterns where what consistutes racism in Germany is very different from constitutes racism in the US or UK. As a funny little aside to illustrate this, a few decades ago the n* word primarily landed in Germany because of hip hop, leading to scores of 11yr old white German kids happily calling each other the n* word in public without much consequence. On the other hand you couldn't say the actual German word for Jewish in a public place without expecting to get looked at like you just denied the Holocaust, even though it is just the actual name for the religious denomination. Different countries, different histories of atrocities...

In terms of our manufacturer here, his references to "Asians" are certainly odd (as one has come to expect). I guess he presumed the customer was Asian because of an Asian country as the destination, and his first first reference was that he wanted to conjure up a smile on the face of that customer with his weed bling glass, and the second was that countries all over the globe are amused about drug periphernalia, but Asians (presumably as in Asian countries) aren't. Why you would refer to either customers or countries explicitly as Asians isn't entirely obvious to me, but technically just refering to people/countries by these groupings doesn't necessarily imply racist motives.. So on the 11pt racism scale where 0 is your enlightened antiracist cleansed of all preverbal, implicit and subconscious biases (who doesn't exist and is therefore not part of the scale), 1 is actual living people who are evidently not racists, and 10 is trying to the race war going, I give it a 4 with a confidence interval of +- 2 (because damn is it hard to understand what he is on about 70% of the time). Oh also (and I'm open to anyone coming up with a different interpretation) he seemed to suggest his customer should be happy that he's not getting raped in prison now (the sucking, bending part), which is simply utterly unacceptable, if in fact that is what our ever-mysterious friend insinuated. Like I get that every shitty 90s comedy that involves prisons goes there, but I don't think this forum is where we want to gather to make fun of sexual violence among the incarcerated. Especially given the obvious civil rights issues many here (and others with similar recreational/medical interests) have suffered at the hand of the war on drugs etc etc etc

cptofnthng

i second what sunyata says. i dont think hes racist, but he is identifying himself with "being the one who speaks his mind openly", which means he doesnt give a shit if others are hurt by His "openness". he is not educated enough or interested enough to see how his behavior and comments may be hurtful to others.

ive met many like him over the years, usually loners, sometimes stoner loners, fighting for their acknowledgement forever, not seeing that being rude is not a personal attitude, but an inability to connect with people. shame is usually the result and alienation, which you can see start to see here too.
no combine this with the service and customer world, where customers have demands and opinions and its spelled disaster. there really is no alternative to politeness and professionalism If you are in the position where you want others to buy something from you. but he already devalued this view, by mentioning that he is very successful and above and beyond critic (implicit message: buy it or fuck you, your loss). If something goes wrong from here, its because no one except him saw his greatness.
He also reminds me of Drachenlord. another tragic figure.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Last edited:

GoldenBud

To keep it straight, I'm not Asian it was just assumed by the country I'm in. The point was he sent pictures of the glass to have DHL send to customs to approve it for import as lab equipment, and I just happened to catch a glimpse in a picture of what he boxed and sent to me a picture of the weed star logos that weren't on the original items. Yes, it's not permitted to import vapes or any smoking devices to this country so I normally send them to my home country the UK. But we got approval to import his laboratory equipment. The fact that he would make light over using bongs instead after having shipped it, is extremely reckless. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt by just posting until he resolved the issue, but the continuous insults and weird statements on here and by WhatsApp is just tasteless.

I don't know how good his product is, so I can't say it's not the best Vaporizer in the world, but I can definitely say it's not worth my time, energy, or stress to deal with him to acquire it. That's all, if he were just patient and polite it could have been a wonderful experience, I was really looking forward to trying it.

The videos posted by the other member are definitely intriguing for sure, that's why I wanted to try it, no denial of that!

Here is what he sent to DHL to be clear, no weedstar bongs :)

according to this photo, i have to agree with @sunyata , seems too small heater for the glass. I'd say it's mostly conduction too, not convection.

@Vapolaborium just keep making them until it will be the real beast. the heater looks small for its glass. you need a bigger heater imo.
telling you the truth I see the potential you've got. just invest in your heater, less on glass.
and solve the issues with bkkbob, he's a vaporist from the good kind
:peace:

Last edited:

cptofnthng

@cptofnthng Damn dude,i kind of started to recognize my behavior type in your writings. The posts of the maker dont bother me even one bit,but now i realize that it is not because i am thick skinned or have awesome sense of humor ,but just out of empathy to a guy with the same issues.
at the end of the day, its a very common human struggle, i am too like this some of the time. but i think its a good start to throw a little sand in the well-oiled pathology machine.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Well, I was intending to post something saying that I also can read in between the lines a bit and I also don't believe that @Vapolaborium is racist or intentionally means to act disrespectful in his dealings, it's simply his pride and belief that his product is the best, which is not an excuse, but I do understand it. He did have DHL return the package to him and is saying he will refund me for it. I sent him my post and he asked me to wait as he wants to post the most arrogant post I have ever seen. While this is the exact opposite of what I was trying to explain to him I believe he should do, I will respect his wishes and leave it at this. I do wish him the best of luck and truly hope that his approach works for him.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Vaporlaborium

Some questions on your actual vaporizer that I have not seen asked yet:

1- thickness of the glass used
2- time to preheat for first vapor
3- total time to heat until big clouds
4- how long does it take for the pre-coolers to heat up enough to add any heat to the system?
5 - how hot does the entire system get after being on for a few hours? Is all the glass hit by then?
6 -demonstration of how to load and unload the hot device, with and without the magnetic stirrer
7 -what is the most basic assembly you have come up with that can still produce big clouds with the least amount of glass parts?
8-how big are the differences between the analog and digital versions?

9 - joint sizes of the glass pieces.

Fascinating device but I need a lot more info.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom