Vapman

OF

@OF, they would have a SS tube inside. Look at the Blackwood stem in my earlier post:

That should work as well, and there is SS further down, but I'm betting glass (a new material.....) would be more attractive to folks?

Glass would also keep the stem cooler longer, a real plus with the short one?

Your call, of course, just thinking out loud........

OF

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
That should work as well, and there is SS further down, but I'm betting glass (a new material.....) would be more attractive to folks?

Glass would also keep the stem cooler longer, a real plus with the short one?

Your call, of course, just thinking out loud........

OF
Glass Sound really cool, but pressure fitting glass in there could be tricky - don't want to use any glue.

OF

Glass Sound really cool, but pressure fitting glass in there could be tricky - don't want to use any glue.
Give it a try, it's not all that hard to deal with......or at least wasn't when I did a similar thing. Hole size and finish is important, of course but you can easily shim a loose fit between glass and wood (tape or cotton thread?). Over time it'll glue in like metal with concentrate of course. I agree, glue is a bad alternative since it's not really needed (and can be avoided).

It's very easy to work with in small sizes. File a nick at the magic spot with a triangular file for a weak spot for the stress to congregate. Hold it opposite your thumbnails (back to back) ans snap it like it was a pencil. The stress will collect at the nick, then the glass (actually a fluid of sorts) will 'tear' around the tube separating it cleanly. I'm sure there's plenty of examples on you tube.

While not necessary in this application (since both ends are protected) you can also easily 'fire polish' the sharp ends at the cut, but care not to increase the OD is needed.

Glass can be fun in it's own right, not that I think you're looking for something else fun to play with.......

OF

M0J0

Give it a try, it's not all that hard to deal with......or at least wasn't when I did a similar thing. Hole size and finish is important, of course but you can easily shim a loose fit between glass and wood (tape or cotton thread?). Over time it'll glue in like metal with concentrate of course. I agree, glue is a bad alternative since it's not really needed (and can be avoided).

It's very easy to work with in small sizes. File a nick at the magic spot with a triangular file for a weak spot for the stress to congregate. Hold it opposite your thumbnails (back to back) ans snap it like it was a pencil. The stress will collect at the nick, then the glass (actually a fluid of sorts) will 'tear' around the tube separating it cleanly. I'm sure there's plenty of examples on you tube.

While not necessary in this application (since both ends are protected) you can also easily 'fire polish' the sharp ends at the cut, but care not to increase the OD is needed.

Glass can be fun in it's own right, not that I think you're looking for something else fun to play with.......

OF
What you're saying makes sense.

Another concern of mine is dropping the stem and breaking the glass.

I've broken every glass piece I've bought, sometimes dropping them, mostly cleaning them. SS is bomb proof.

OF

What you're saying makes sense.

Another concern of mine is dropping the stem and breaking the glass.

Always possible to break it, but to do so without seriously messing up that lovely wood is not much of a risk? And even so it's easy to replace. Chase the hole with a wood dowel and push the replacement in. If it's contaminated with condensate it should be even easier than when it was raw wood?

We could use "accelerated lifespan testing" here. We have @ataxian you know. We could give him a couple to test out for a couple of weeks, if he didn't break them a normal guy could probably go a few lifetimes on his? Best to use the resources we have wisely........

And I wouldn't worry too much about that making sense part, by the time it happens again we're both sure to have forgotten this time long ago?

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Always possible to break it, but to do so without seriously messing up that lovely wood is not much of a risk? And even so it's easy to replace. Chase the hole with a wood dowel and push the replacement in. If it's contaminated with condensate it should be even easier than when it was raw wood?

We could use "accelerated lifespan testing" here. We have @ataxian you know. We could give him a couple to test out for a couple of weeks, if he didn't break them a normal guy could probably go a few lifetimes on his? Best to use the resources we have wisely........

And I wouldn't worry too much about that making sense part, by the time it happens again we're both sure to have forgotten this time long ago?

OF
I never tried a VAPMAN?
Are they any good?

OF

Are they any good?

You know, I never have been all that good with that whole good.....(what's that other thing?).......

You won't like it, you should just leave.....but leave your stash?

Seriously for a bit, it's an excellent vape with a very loyal following (as you can see) but it's very much 'non Solo like'. You have to control the heating like in MFLB and VG for instance. Here the difference is you heat between hits 'by feel' (experience). Using a tiny amount even by Solo standards.

It is a very personal vape, the center of the activity. Not a good vape for reading a good book with? It is also a very neat construction (the basic unit is Pear wood of all things), very tough (if not abused), can deliver outstanding flavor, and large volumes......sometimes at the same time even. Most here think it's a very neat little thing, and enjoy it regularly despite other vapes, even have a couple of copies. What else do you own that is made of Pear wood or comes from Switzerland?

Lurk on the thread some, you find some of the usual suspects. I dare you to try one......

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You know, I never have been all that good with that whole good.....(what's that other thing?).......

You won't like it, you should just leave.....but leave your stash?

Seriously for a bit, it's an excellent vape with a very loyal following (as you can see) but it's very much 'non Solo like'. You have to control the heating like in MFLB and VG for instance. Here the difference is you heat between hits 'by feel' (experience). Using a tiny amount even by Solo standards.

It is a very personal vape, the center of the activity. Not a good vape for reading a good book with? It is also a very neat construction (the basic unit is Pear wood of all things), very tough (if not abused), can deliver outstanding flavor, and large volumes......sometimes at the same time even. Most here think it's a very neat little thing, and enjoy it regularly despite other vapes, even have a couple of copies. What else do you own that is made of Pear wood or comes from Switzerland?

Lurk on the thread some, you find some of the usual suspects. I dare you to try one......

OF
I have large timbers of exotic wood for building surfboards.
Wood is not nearly as good as the NEW COMPOSITE MATERIAL? (MIT STUDENTS for example know?)
Why are watches not made of wood?
ROLEX from SWITZERLAND are well made.
Just wondered if these were any good?

Last edited:

Of all my vaporizers this one is easily the most efficient, and thats a pretty bold claim especially considering this vape is a conduction/radiant heat hybrid. It offers a very unique vapor signature as well, very "stoney". Handles pressed hash and kif like a champ too, best of any vape ive run across thus far.

It's a weirdo but definitely one of my favorites! I don't share my vapman though, its a very personal experience.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Of all my vaporizers this one is easily the most efficient, and thats a pretty bold claim especially considering this vape is a conduction/radiant heat hybrid. It offers a very unique vapor signature as well, very "stoney". Handles pressed hash and kif like a champ too, best of any vape ive run across thus far.

It's a weirdo but definitely one of my favorites! I don't share my vapman though, its a very personal experience.
Why not just fire up a JOINT?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
As in combustion? Where did that come from? We don't mess with 'the big C' around here.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're VM material after all..........

OF
Of you must be "JOKING"?

I seriously think the VAPMAN must be awesome?

You of all people on this planet we call EARTH
or this PALE BLUE DOT don't realized I have my eye on one!

I smoked my fair share of JOINTS however vaping is smoother.

Just kidding around.

OK no more posting until I'm not medicated.
Wait that is every waking moment?

Sorry to offend!

OF

Of you must be "JOKING"?

I seriously think the VAPMAN must be awesome?

Yes, of course, having a bit of fun at your expense.

Again.

It depends on who you are. How introspective you like to be and so on. It can be a very relaxing experience, really. Very neat, well made, and reasonably priced. And well supported, not that service seems to be a real issue.

It either grows on you or you tire of it quickly. Not for everyone, nor all the time, but I think you'd like it.

Or not.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes, of course, having a bit of fun at your expense.

Again.

It depends on who you are. How introspective you like to be and so on. It can be a very relaxing experience, really. Very neat, well made, and reasonably priced. And well supported, not that service seems to be a real issue.

It either grows on you or you tire of it quickly. Not for everyone, nor all the time, but I think you'd like it.

Or not.

OF
I bought a fake ROLEX in COLUMBIA.
Finally I got a real one!
What a difference?

The VAPCAP would be a good fit for me.
I mix it up all the time.

Thanks for the heads up?

I kid around too much!
Sorry.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I have large timbers of exotic wood for building surfboards.
Wood is not nearly as good as the NEW COMPOSITE MATERIAL? (MIT STUDENTS for example know?)
Why are watches not made of wood?
ROLEX from SWITZERLAND are well made.

Why not just fire up a JOINT?
I bought a fake ROLEX in COLUMBIA.
Finally I got a real one!
What a difference?

The VAPCAP would be a good fit for me.
I mix it up all the time.

Thanks for the heads up?

I kid around too much!
Sorry.
Hey Ataxian!

I have the Vapman, and a Station. Yes, it is good. When you get the tech down, it's really amazing. It's like conduction married to convection, with all the terps, in a tiny little package. There is a lot of mixed in air, so there is really no heat to the draw (in my experience).

It's not better, it is different, than some of your other vapes.

The torch part requires steady careful aim with timing. the station makes it dead easy - load, drop on, lift off, inhale. Repeat as desired.

I plan to try the Vapcap someday, too :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey Ataxian!

I have the Vapman, and a Station. Yes, it is good. When you get the tech down, it's really amazing. It's like conduction married to convection, with all the terps, in a tiny little package. There is a lot of mixed in air, so there is really no heat to the draw (in my experience).

It's not better, it is different, than some of your other vapes.

The torch part requires steady careful aim with timing. the station makes it dead easy - load, drop on, lift off, inhale. Repeat as desired.

I plan to try the Vapcap someday, too :)
My LOTUS once I figured it out was awesome.
My wife hide it from me? (coughed too much!)
This time I plan to hide it from her!

Doktor Dub

Heavy hits are possible by heating vapman gradually to the point where the whole load starts to vaporize.
It works as follows:

-Fill the herb chamber with medium to fine ground material. (the finer the herbs are ground, the more you can fill in. The more you fill in, the slower you have to heat)
-Heat vapman several times, depending on the flame size, for 2-4 seconds with short breaks of 1-2 seconds until you can feel the whole load starts to vaporize. Don't turn off the flame during the heating process, by taking short puffs in between you can check the state of the content.
-After a couple of heating bursts the load will be cooking and providing heavy and dense hits.

Because vapman is manually controlled and extremely responsive (copper pan), any type of vaporizing is possible. There is only one rule: Don't over heat!

My personal opinion is, that many light hits are stronger than one heavy hit. The yield is better and more efficient with lighter hits, when heating to the max, a lot of the "good" ingredients may get destroyed!

Just experiment and find your way with vapman, this exactly is the fun part of vapman. It is you sitting in the driver's seat and not a digital control. You can also experiment with the 3 air holes on the middle section, the more holes you block, the denser the vapor. Vapman is the tool, you are the artist!

vapman:)

Thanks so much for your Time writing this down and for the good Tips. Of course you are right, that big Hits are not really efficient, but sometimes i just want / need the "all at once" Feeling of them.

Yesterday, i experimented with the several times Heating and have to say it works really well - will have to try more this Evening. Also, i liked the Vapman through a J-Hook i own.

The feeling of being involved ("driver Seat") while useing this Vape is something i beginn to appreciate more and more, last Time i tried this was not the Case.... Good thing i tried again.

That the maker of the Vapman himself reads this Thread and takes the Time to help Users out is great and appreciated, FC is a nice Place to be :tup:

Phenix

Atm I am on the lookout for another vapman (tough I still prefer to buy used, not-that-big-budget-Syndrom)

Only issue I see in the vapman is that it is not "that" stealth, as I cant use it eg in an train. Otherwise its perfect for me, good size, no problems with charging nearby batteries, awesome vapor..

For those few scenarios the lighter gets to obvious I am debating about getting an mflb - looks like one of the few vapes that are nicely made and stay low in price (I don't really thrust in electrical vapes at all, even worse if they don't have good materials (meaning dropping at least $150 as far as I know).

Who has/had an mflb and an vapman and compared them?

Would you mind writing some comparison-reviews?

M0J0

Atm I am on the lookout for another vapman (tough I still prefer to buy used, not-that-big-budget-Syndrom)

Only issue I see in the vapman is that it is not "that" stealth, as I cant use it eg in an train. Otherwise its perfect for me, good size, no problems with charging nearby batteries, awesome vapor..

For those few scenarios the lighter gets to obvious I am debating about getting an mflb - looks like one of the few vapes that are nicely made and stay low in price (I don't really thrust in electrical vapes at all, even worse if they don't have good materials (meaning dropping at least $150 as far as I know).

Who has/had an mflb and an vapman and compared them?

Would you mind writing some comparison-reviews?
@Mr Mellish has an MFLB and a vapman. He should chime in.

One of my 1st vapes was an MFLB.

Dealing with batteries was very annoying to me. Sometimes I would get home from work, very stressed out and when I reached for the Vape, the batteries which I had left full charge had drained and the Vape didn't perform as well.

I decided to look for a butane vape and after comparing the Vapor Genie, Lotus and vapman, I went with the vapman. The other two vapes were used by torching and inhaling at the same time, which I didn't like, so I went with the vapman mainly because of that.

I fount hat the vapman is much more efficient than the MFLB. There is no shaking or stirring with the vapman either.

I've tried a couple of battery vapes after that, just to test the waters and the plastic construction, bad ergonomics and dealing with batteries sent me straight back to the vapman.

Now, I just can't bring myself to try anything other than butane powered vapes.

Top Bottom