Vapman

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I wonder if they would benefit from glass liners?

Absolutely, my only problem with my Vapmans is how much reclaim can soak into the midsection over time.

Only issue I see in the vapman is that it is not "that" stealth, as I cant use it eg in an train.

I find the Vapman to be the stealthiest vape I own. Is way better than any battery vape I tried and even better than my Omnivap as its form factor allows you to palm it as soon as you finish taking a hit without burning your hands. It's also faster to be heated with a single flame torch that's the less noisy you can get. I've had sessions with my Vapman in places where I would never think about using any other vape except maybe for the Omni but I'd still take the Vapman if discretion is the main concern.

Last edited:

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
A comparison of the mflb and vapman? More to contrast than compare. Pretty much the only primary component they have in common is wood. The MFLB doesn't create much visible vapor which makes it more stealthy in that aspect. It also requires no torch, but those batteries are a pain in the ass. You never know when they're dead! Also I have found the hits to be very uniform on the MFLB. Even if you leave the battery on for a while it doesn't seem to get that "one bowl one hit" that you can get with the vapman that sweeps you away. The mflb is definitely a cool little stealth tool, but I never found the hits to be satisfying. Batteries are a hassle especially for this one. To me the MFLB was always a guessing game. Not to mention the price of purchasing all those batteries makes the price point null. I have gone through the world of vapes and nothing is quite like the vapman! Especially with the addition of the station! Trust me guys the station is worth the wait!

Mono

@Phenix i have both. for me, mflb is a super mini vaporizer unit, however, compared with vapman, the popcorn taste appear sooner and the amount of herb that you have to use is at least the double.

despite, it is true that is stealthiest, because you can just pick all the mflb in your palm (included the battery), actioning and vaping and nobody is going to see you.

I prefer the vapman because of the flavour and, even is it not "that" stealthiest compared to mflb, it is so tiny that, after torch by 5 sec, you just have to enjoy the vapour and forget the torch :)

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Decided to whip out my Vapman the other night after months of sittin on my desk (she sits pretty though).
Wanted to spice things up a bit. Kept the flavor, but added a bit of cooling for some (surprisingly) huge clouds.

This vape is amazing.

eAi3DxE.jpg

Phenix

Decided to whip out my Vapman the other night after months of sittin on my desk (she sits pretty though).
Wanted to spice things up a bit. Kept the flavor, but added a bit of cooling for some (surprisingly) huge clouds.

This vape is amazing.

eAi3DxE.jpg

That's pretty!
Is it "just" an glass tube, or an bong perculator?

Thanks to all for their answer on the mflb!
In the end I grabbed that one from the classifieds (in the end 30€ shipped, with 6 batteries) which appears to be quiet cheap - if I don't like it that much / wont use it I can sell/trade/gift it without lose.

Will also look into getting a second vapman, as already been pointed out: they are awesome!

Carlos8400

My only experience with a butane vape was a Vaporgenie a couple years ago, i tried to use it a few weeks and then went back to combusting, it never worked for me.
Now a DaVinci IQ, followed by a GH, and finally a Mighty could get me to switch to 100% vaping, but i am still interested by the simplicity of the Vapman.

If you can get past the learning curve can it actually give you vapour comparable to a digital vape like the mighty? Could it be your main vape?
I understand the appeal behind the object, a bit like i understand still using vinyls, but does it perform well?

ps: i actually ordered one earlier today, just curious...

Last edited:

Chandler

they would have a SS tube inside. Look at the Blackwood stem in my earlier post:
@Mojo in comparison to the original stem and mid section, how does the flavor profile of your stem with the ss tube inside taste?
I don't share my vapman though, its a very personal experience.
Ya. i stopped sharing vapman with others. unless its someone who's really interested.
I'm beginning to wonder if you're VM material after all..........
lol
If you can get past the learning curve can it actually give you vapour comparable to a digital vape like the mighty? Could it be your main vape?
i picked up vapman this past summer. Crafty was my best friend. once i discovered/mastered vapman, crafty lost its spot and sat on the bench for a long time. Vapman became my main vape! i didn't have to worry about shitty battery life, overheating, and warranty claims. Vapman is more efficient, very flavorful, and offers huge clouds all to ones preference....

i upgraded to a Mighty recently (love it). Mighty destroys Crafty, in that its battery life is easily more than 2x better, and it can go 7,8 sessions in concession without overheating...
that being said, theres a time and place for everything. for my vaping habits, having both a Vapman and a Mighty are essential. they are both equally great! if i need a quick session however, Vapman wins that race every time! when it comes to flavor, that depends on preference and the ability to control your flame. i have sessions occasionally where i'll produce very little vapor, but have a very long flavorful session.

Last edited:

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Rene can correct me if I'm wrong, but they all use the same bowl/pan and air tubes.

He has changed manufacturers/suppliers for the pan a couple of times, so this may be the difference you're seeing.

In other words, you probably see differences between manufacturers, not because one is Classic and another Basic.

Hope this helps.

Gourmet

René explained once in this thread, that's because the pan is cut on the lathe. The center speed goes nearly to zero, it is therefore difficult to receive always exactly the same shape. Nevertheless it has no effect on performance/ function.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Holy shit that design is sexy, oommggg!

I usually use some of my other vapes, but the vapman called to me recently.
It's been my vape of choice for the past 4 nights or so after months of not using it. This is how it always happens. I use it once, and I can't stop. Then I need my other vapes for one reason or another, and Vapman goes in the drawer. Then I take her out, and she stays out, and repeat. She sure is amazing in so many ways!

Wallie the Rocketeer, blasting off.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hi. I just tried my newly acquired vapman after a trip to the local smoke shop for butane (and instructions on how to fill a lighter), and I freaking love it. By far the best portable vaporizer I've ever tried. I have a few questions but I'll hold off on asking for now. Four seconds, pause, then repeat, then turn it around and hit. The learning curve for me was realizing that I count a little faster so I took it up to five and that was the moment of truth.

About eight years ago when i first got started with vaporizing and deciding which vape to get, the vapman was of interest to me but I ended up with the silver surfer. I'm glad because for me this wouldn't have been a great first vaporizer. But man I dig this and at the very least it's the perfect bathroom vaporizer. :doh:

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Hi. I just tried my newly acquired vapman after a trip to the local smoke shop for butane (and instructions on how to fill a lighter), and I freaking love it. By far the best portable vaporizer I've ever tried. I have a few questions but I'll hold off on asking for now. Four seconds, pause, then repeat, then turn it around and hit. The learning curve for me was realizing that I count a little faster so I took it up to five and that was the moment of truth.

About eight years ago when i first got started with vaporizing and deciding which vape to get, the vapman was of interest to me but I ended up with the silver surfer. I'm glad because for me this wouldn't have been a great first vaporizer. But man I dig this and at the very least it's the perfect bathroom vaporizer. :doh:
Yes! I always tell people: one-mississippi, two-mississippi, three--Mississippi, four-mississippi...

Haha.

OF

Yes! I always tell people: one-mississippi, two-mississippi, three--Mississippi, four-mississippi...

Haha.

I do it the other way. My 'normal slow count' rhythm calls for 'a five count' (close to 4 real seconds) when the flame is adjusted to 'standard size' (also a very important factor). I don't make any effort to count slower, since I adjusted the count total to work with what I do by habit anyway? For the size check/adjustment I use the mouth of the VM (always handy when needed......). My normal flame 'height' just spans the opening.

The number in the count doesn't really matter, so long as the time and flame level are uniform and reliable.

OF

shmoedog

Vape for Life
Ok I want one of these. I have been reading this forum for some time and I feel this is going to have to be my 4/20 purchase. I have just recently purchased a MFLB, Lotus and Vapcap. I really enjoy these manual Vapes. I love the ritualness of them. I've also quickly came to realize that while having a steeper learning curve in the end these Vapes can give you much more in the way of variable precision. Once the skills are developed you become a master who wields these manuals to whatever heights you're trying to achieve. They're basically like the race cars of the vape world. While automatics are easier to drive you can never get the same performance from them as you can a manual that you and not some computer are in complete control of all the variables. Once you get really good at them they will vape with a surgical kind of precision. Not to mention the fact that getting to truly know these devices as intimately as you have too to use them properly will bond the two of you in a much more than just pressing a button and sucking on a nozzle way.
I have discovered that these are the kind of devices that are my favorite to use. So of course the Vapman definitely falls into this category and it's turn has finally come up and must be acquired . Plus the thing just looks awesome. Almost like something to be put on the wall or a nice shelf to be admired. A truly neat contraption made beautifully out of wood. What a nice conversation piece as well. I can imagine just sitting there spending more time admiring it than using it :clap:.
So basically I love the whole look and use of it. I'm wanting the basic because I think it will look great after it gets blackened and seasoned around the chamber and the body gets stained and polished by my own fingers and oils. I think that it will all serve to give it an old used antique patina that will look amazing. I have heard others say that the Mica coating offers some convection characteristics but judging by the design I doubt that very much. Sounds like marketing to me. You would have to seriously torch that Mica around those 3 intake tubes before you could even think about having any significant convection with this device which is not something I or probably many others are willing to do with something this aesthetically pleasing. Correct me if I'm wrong but I would put the classic at 99% conduction and like 1% convection properly used. Not worth it for the convection aspect alone in my opinion. If however you don't like the charred patina I think Mica is a perfect solution.
So I have been looking for a good vendor in the USA and have been disappointed so far. Either A they don't carry anymore or B they don't have exactly what I want. I'm really surprised its not more available. What gives?
What I want is a plain Walnut with lighter. I thought about buying directly from the manufacturer but I don't buy from overseas if I can help it. I will if I have too however. Does anyone know good reputable US vendor who carries the basic walnut + lighter? Now are there any of you who have bought directly from manufacturer and received in the US? If so we're there any issues or customs cost associated with the shipment? How discreet is the manufacturers packaging? How long did shipping take?
Thanks in advance any willing to answer these questions.

OF

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would put the classic at 99% conduction and like 1% convection properly used. Not worth it for the convection aspect alone in my opinion.

Now are there any of you who have bought directly from manufacturer and received in the US? If so we're there any issues or customs cost associated with the shipment?

I think you're mostly right, and I would never call an Hombre a liar over one percent, but IMO it's conduction.....period. Thermodynamics tells us the heat for evaporation (what counts....) comes in this way from energy stored in the copper pan by the lighter. By the time you get the lighter put down and the VM turned around for the hit I bet those tiny, thin tubes have cooled off? For convection to work the source of heat must be much higher (in degrees) than the target since air has low "specific heat" (that is useful heat content) compared to things like Copper. And the mass of the air is very low compared to that of the load to be heated. Not that it matters, really. It works extremely well.........

Many of us have bought directly from Switzerland. I have twice, no make that 3 times. No issues with 'drug equipment inside' labels or customs fees either personally or reported here. Fun packaging, very fast shipping, not at all like China usually is. Nothing to fear.

Although I suggest you contact @Mojo who is not only a fine fellow with lots of connections but he's here in this her Stateside.

OF

Top Bottom