Vapman

AJS

Calm Consistency
Was up all night with a horrible stomach bug or food poisoning. While the stomach eventually settled by 5 am today, (after 12 straight hours of hell) I was still left with some horrible aches and no ability to sleep.
Decided to see how the vapman would do to help. I would be nervous using most vapes in this state, but I knew the vapman would be able to deliver small medicinal hits. Vaped at 10:45am, slept from 11-6 and woke up with no aches.
What did I say earlier about thanking vapman? You're the best!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
5uMrAew.jpg

Mila​

Nugg

@DrNick420 There is no right or wrong way. Just start playing around and see what suits you best. With the lighter you can do a longer heat up and get a bigger cloud on the first hit. I love the station for flavour chasing at low temps.

For quick vapor production with the station use very dry material and a half bowl. For full flavour I find a full bowl ia best.

OF

I will probably do a few bowls with the lighter and then use the station I'm thinking.

Congratulations on the 'blessed event', by all means give 'em a good home and they'll return the love.

But I'm not at all sure about your plan, not to spoil the future for you but if you 'do a few bowls' you're going to want to do a few more...... And some after that.

But you'll find out soon enough.

Best advice is to start slow but as you start to get a handle on things don't be too shy with the heat.

Regards,

OF

Mr Mellish

I got my Vapman and Vapman station today guys! woo!!!!!!!

Any tips before I get going? I will probably do a few bowls with the lighter and then use the station I'm thinking.

FWIW, my basic approach with flower and flame:

Always apply the darker blue flame tip to the crucible (just had to revive that word before it disappears from the lexicon)

1. Apply heat for 4 seconds.
2. Pause 1-2 seconds.
3. Apply heat for 4 seconds.
4. Inhale through the mouthpiece for 10 seconds or so (I may be too specific here but someone might nitpick).
5. Apply heat for 4 seconds.
6. Take another drag.

Repeat until you get the burnt popcorn taste. Depending on where the tip of the flame is and how long the flame is applied, it could take 3-10 inhales to kill the load.

You'll want to play with flame, heat duration and draw duration to see what works for you. This should get you in the saddle without combustion.

DrNick420

Thanks for the moral support everybody. It's a bit daunting jumping in but I fully expect once I "dive in" I won't have any regrets.

Had mixed success with my first few torch powered bowls but E still learning :leaf:

Re: concentrate screens.... should i put in the screen, heat a bit, then add concentrates? that seems to make sense, i think...

Mr Mellish

Thanks for the moral support everybody. It's a bit daunting jumping in but I fully expect once I "dive in" I won't have any regrets.

Had mixed success with my first few torch powered bowls but E still learning :leaf:

Re: concentrate screens.... should i put in the screen, heat a bit, then add concentrates? that seems to make sense, i think...

I just plop it on, close it up and go (no preheat.)

Hit it, git it and get on with it!

Be careful with concentrates. It doesn't take much to have a god awful mess. You'll probably have to apply heat to get the stem off and you'll get more hits than you expect.

OF

I just plop it on, close it up and go (no preheat.)

Hit it, git it and get on with it!

Be careful with concentrates. It doesn't take much to have a god awful mess. You'll probably have to apply heat to get the stem off and you'll get more hits than you expect.

Here we differ in approach. I'd recommend not messing with concentrates or the HS until you get a grip on the Vapman. It's easy to evolve from there, I believe that's how most if not all got to where we are? Fire first, learn the rhythm, learn to 'feel' it working and so on before adding more variables......

Or not.

Then again, there's no wrong way really?

OF

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Here we differ in approach. I'd recommend not messing with concentrates or the HS until you get a grip on the Vapman. It's easy to evolve from there, I believe that's how most if not all got to where we are? Fire first, learn the rhythm, learn to 'feel' it working and so on before adding more variables......

Or not.

Then again, there's no wrong way really?

OF
Interesting, I would recommend using the station first, since it will teach you the right rhythm.

I've seen a few posts here by people who say the station made them realize that they were overheating their vapman and now they use a more gentler approach.

But all the advice given already is good.

Practice, practice... S so much fun to practice!

vapman

Manufacturer
I agree with MOJO, the station is a good teacher for first time users. With the station, there is no learning curve, just turn it on, wait for the yellow light, place your vapman on to the heater and take it off when the light turns green. Every and anyone will have a 100% success rate right at the beginning with the station. After that, the lighter will come naturally because you already got a good idea of how it feels with vapman.

I wish you joy and fun with vapman @DrNick420!:)

vapman

OF

I agree with MOJO, the station is a good teacher for first time users. With the station, there is no learning curve, just turn it on, wait for the yellow light, place your vapman on to the heater and take it off when the light turns green.

I hear what you're saying but disagree. Unless someone adjusts that station for you a Newbie has that obstacle to overcome as well. With zero useful experience. We all came to the HS understanding already what to expect and strive for. It's, I think, much easier to experiment with more/less heat and so on with the torch. The response is more predictable and you get more clues and feedback. Children learn by rote, Adults build skill and understanding one step at a time. It's how we're wired. If you want to teach children math, they must memorize tables. If you want to teach adults math you must start with what they already know and build on that step by step. Success has to follow success in 'bite size steps' with adults whether we recognize that or not.

Not that learning with the HS can't happen, it's just less likely to be productive as fast as a more metered path. For sure, using the torch and the HS, concentrate screens and/or lots of different strains at the same time is not going to make it any easier.....

One step at a time, like learning to run and jump?

OF

Gourmet

Unless someone adjusts that station for you
I will do this job! :myday:

Pos 1.) Flavor chaising in its purest form
Pos 2.) Happy medium of Flavor and a mainly THC-flash
Pos 3.) Good Position to have a little bit from both worlds, aroma and full effect
Pos 4.) It starts to buzz in your mind and body
Pos 5.) Already on a good way to do nothing more than carve a conspicuous smile into your face
Pos 6.) Beeing baked like hell, but feeling like you are in heaven

Pos 1-3 are the angel positions with nearly no clouds
Pos 4-5 are the funny dragon position from fine to big clouds

After all this positions you can work out some other positions with your sexual partner, if you got some extra energie; and a really good sativa in the pan.

:D

AJS

Calm Consistency
Anyone here have any experience with the Lotus Zico torch? The sharp blue part of the flame is pretty thin and pointy, but the dull blue part is pretty damn thin and floppy.

Are there other torches much more fine than the Zico torch? If so, is the difference worth a new investment? I'm having no issues with my Zico, but I like improvement, as most of us do.

Thanks guys.

vapman

Manufacturer
I hear what you're saying but disagree. Unless someone adjusts that station for you a Newbie has that obstacle to overcome as well. With zero useful experience. We all came to the HS understanding already what to expect and strive for. It's, I think, much easier to experiment with more/less heat and so on with the torch. The response is more predictable and you get more clues and feedback. Children learn by rote, Adults build skill and understanding one step at a time. It's how we're wired. If you want to teach children math, they must memorize tables. If you want to teach adults math you must start with what they already know and build on that step by step. Success has to follow success in 'bite size steps' with adults whether we recognize that or not.

Not that learning with the HS can't happen, it's just less likely to be productive as fast as a more metered path. For sure, using the torch and the HS, concentrate screens and/or lots of different strains at the same time is not going to make it any easier.....

One step at a time, like learning to run and jump?

OF

@OF It makes absolute sense what you are saying, I would not disagree at all. Through the years I noticed, that handling the torch lighter is not everyones thing, not everyone is a handy man (woman) where applying a torch flame to a small device comes natural. I think we would have to start a test in the "wild" to find out, if there are more users affine with the torch or the station. I still think, there are more folks having less concerns and fears with using the station at the very beginning, but I might be wrong!

I feel fortunate to be in the position of having exactly this debate, it talks for Vapman and this very good thread!

A nice day to you all!:)

vapman

OF

I feel fortunate to be in the position of having exactly this debate, it talks for Vapman and this very good thread!
Unless someone adjusts that station for you

OF

I will do this job! :myday:

Yep, fun discussion for sure. And IMO a useful one, at least to some.

But it brings up an even more powerful feature of this Forum. No sooner had I expressed the problem with new guys trying to learn on their own with an unadjusted HS than a selfless Volunteer steps up to help their fellow Member! Is this a great Forum or what?

Such a live grenade doesn't stand a chance in this trench, in half a heartbeat it's sure to be covered........

Kind of fitting it'd be centered on a truly fine piece of gear like our little friend......

Bravo Vapman!

OF

Oogendoogan

Just got my Vapman pure and I am very surprised how easy this thing is to use! No combustion and some pretty big clouds already. I am super happy to add this to my lotus and Vapcap and I have to say the pure conduction is amazing! I love the flavor and the high compared to my other vaporizers. It's a very nice change. I am trying to get large clouds through my water pipe and I have gotten a couple but I'm not sure if I am heating right, I was heating for 5-8 seconds and not getting clouds so I started doing short bursts about 6 or 7 and that works better. Can anyone tell me how they milk they're water pipe with they're VapMan? Like the heating strategy? Maybe some milk shot videos anyone? Anyways I am very happy and proud to own a VapMan! I think I'm going to have a very good Friday with my new toy :)

Top Bottom