Vapman

vapor.man

How efficient is the vapman as a portable vape compared to the Solo? I wonder which hits harder.

I have a torch for dabbing but I also have some small dual small flame ones from my joint smoking days, so I could use those.

I started with the solo and bought the vapman as a smaller portable. Some month later I bought a second vapman (basic) and the station to use at home.
In my opinion the vapman hits harder but it's also more irritating to my throat. The ABV is darker compared to the solo on 6-7.

For me the vapman is a very personal vape. Most of the time I use it alone. Sometimes I share it with a good friend. The solo has a bigger bowl so its better to use in a group and pass around for 10 - 15min. I also prefer to use the solo on 2-3 during the day because it doesn't make me tired. Don't think I can achieve this kind of constant low-temp extraction with the vapman, but I've never tried it...

I still like both vapes and use them rotational. If I had to choose I think it would be the vapman. Using it is a ritual I don't wanna miss and I like the materials it's made of.:love:

ReifierReefer

How efficient is the vapman as a portable vape compared to the Solo? I wonder which hits harder.

I love my Solo but it sees less action than my Vapman. I think this is due mostly to the process of using the vapman (which I enjoy greatly), not about it hitting harder. The Solo is beast with no learning curve, the Vapman is a beast with a learning curve and necessary technique. Two different beasts. The vapman is by no means difficult to use, it just requires you to be involved in each session--which many find to be enjoyable.

In my opinion the vapman hits harder but it's also more irritating to my throat. The ABV is darker compared to the solo on 6-7.

For me the vapman is a very personal vape. Most of the time I use it alone. Sometimes I share it with a good friend.

I agree with what @digitalessignal has to say. Hotter vapor from the Vapman.

Last edited:

DocGonzo

I also come in on the slightly more irritating side. A Vapman session always has me coughing by the end, where that's not really the case with any of my other vapes. I still find it one of the most enjoyable vapes I've tried, but it definitely starts to scratch at my throat after a couple heat cycles.

Max_aro

Vapman hits harder than the Solo. No comparaison. I sold my solo after getting my vapman.
If you come from the combustion world, get a vapman, block 2 holes of the mouthpiece and you'll get very strong vapor. Solo gives nice session but I find the vapor to be a bit weak.

quick question to vapman users. I often get particles passing through the mouth piece and finishing on my tongue. Do you have the same issue ? How to solve that ?

ps_moz

Vapman is a beast!!! Holy moly!! You could get such a great high from so little herb. I have the MFLB, PAX, and have owned the Arizer solo. The solo is good for taste and produces a nice steady high. The Vapman produces good taste and a strong high.

I like to grind my meds to a fine grind. This helps produce clouds and gets an even bake. LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!!

ReifierReefer

I find that interesting. The Vapman is less prone to causing coughing than any other vape I have.

Ironically my Solo sends me into coughing fits more often than the Vapman, however I definitely find the vapor from my Vapman to be hotter. Perhaps this has more to do with being able to completely fill your lungs with vapor when hitting the Solo, whereas the Vapman will drop below vaporization temperature after hitting it for a while. A big hit from my Vapman is still more potent than a big hit from my Solo IMO. I should mention that I keep all three air holes on the middle section plugged.

@Max_aro try slowing your draw speed or using a coarser grind.

Gourmet

I often get particles passing through the mouth piece and finishing on my tongue. Do you have the same issue ? How to solve that ?
I like to use a bubbler. But it depends also the humidity in the weed and how fine you grind it. Dryer your weed is, more particles you have in the airway.
Some VM-user put the extract-screen on the top, before closing. But be carefull not to press to much the weed, that the air can pass good.

lazylathe

Almost there...
But be carefull not to press to much the weed, that the air can pass good.

Thank you for reminding me!
The Vapman bowl is very small for my needs to i tend to overfill...
Tonight i under-filled with my convection screen, so the amount is very small.
Blowing some nice and tasty clouds!
This little guy packs a punch!
It's just that conduction taste at the end of the bowl i still do not like...

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
@lazylathe just take one toke less! You'll probably feel the same effects and leave some more actives for your avb.

To be fair it can be a bit toasty at the end. But i find the first few tokes with a tiny burst of flame really really tasty. A lot of people complain about 'conduction' vapes but they just need to toke on it sooner at much lower temps to enjoy the terps. You dont need to get the air/heat flowing.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I like to use a bubbler. But it depends also the humidity in the weed and how fine you grind it. Dryer your weed is, more particles you have in the airway.
Some VM-user put the extract-screen on the top, before closing. But be carefull not to press to much the weed, that the air can pass good.

You could also cut a regular screen to size and put it between the top wooden part and the metal filter.

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
The future of Swiss rescue dogs wanderd into my yard this morning :rofl::lol:

vBbgWwm.jpg

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I agree with lazylathe, the taste at the end of a session with a conduction vape is not very nice. The Vapman allows you to easily control temperature to your liking. when I use two second bursts it has great flavor with light vapor and I am more aware of when I am reaching my finish point. sometimes I feel like I'm not hitting it hard enough and then it sneaks up on you and you realize how well it works.

Gourmet

You could also cut a regular screen to size and put it between the top wooden part and the metal filter.
That's a quite good idea. But then we have to clean it a bit more often, if the filter is inside. ;-)

The future of Swiss rescue dogs wanderd into my yard this morning :rofl::lol:
:D You made my day! Thx for the wonderfull pic with the cosy Berhardiner!:tup:

Last edited:

mtnclimber

Hello Vapman fans - I AM buying my first, do you recommend the basic or classic. Price is not an issue, I am more interested in longevity. Will the Classic really last that much longer with Mica or is the Basic just as bomber with some TLC. Thanks for all of your input. This truly is a great forum, I have spent some time reading and have enjoyed learning about my next Vape (I am in the HUGE QUEUE for a Grasshopper so thinking that my new VM will take care of me in the mean time).

OF

Hello Vapman fans - I AM buying my first, do you recommend the basic or classic. Price is not an issue, I am more interested in longevity.

Pay the extra bucks, when you fall in love with it (which you're sure to.....) you'll be happy you did. It's not that much more (if you can afford 'not that much'...) and not only has the very cool (and useful) Mica shield protecting your little treasure but the VM itself is finish sanded, finished (Linseed oil) and polished.......as it should be.

Save yourself a few bucks, order a couple of these lighters:
http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.Vv29XcnSO9I
http://www.tinydeal.com/refillable-jet-1300-butane-lighter-with-tank-p-2570.html

Both are the same thing, I've ordered from both they can sometimes run a bit slow (taking a month not a couple of weeks) so I suggest ordering one or two from each, at two and a half bucks each shipped hard to go wrong. Great lighters for general stuff, I've got several spread around the house (one on the kitchen table for candles, on the table next to the BBQ, one right here.....). I've yet to kill one, used the cheapest junk Butane (like 10 YO cans from the old days, even left one in the rain. It got rusty, but still works fine.

Great torch for VM.

Welcome to the Forums, lots of good folks with fresh information/ideas to offer. Great choice on the VM so you may well know that already?

OF

mtnclimber

Pay the extra bucks, when you fall in love with it (which you're sure to.....) you'll be happy you did. It's not that much more (if you can afford 'not that much'...) and not only has the very cool (and useful) Mica shield protecting your little treasure but the VM itself is finish sanded, finished (Linseed oil) and polished.......as it should be.

Save yourself a few bucks, order a couple of these lighters:
http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.Vv29XcnSO9I
http://www.tinydeal.com/refillable-jet-1300-butane-lighter-with-tank-p-2570.html

Both are the same thing, I've ordered from both they can sometimes run a bit slow (taking a month not a couple of weeks) so I suggest ordering one or two from each, at two and a half bucks each shipped hard to go wrong. Great lighters for general stuff, I've got several spread around the house (one on the kitchen table for candles, on the table next to the BBQ, one right here.....). I've yet to kill one, used the cheapest junk Butane (like 10 YO cans from the old days, even left one in the rain. It got rusty, but still works fine.

Great torch for VM.

Welcome to the Forums, lots of good folks with fresh information/ideas to offer. Great choice on the VM so you may well know that already?

OF
thanks so much for the input and lighter suggestions - I was thinking I should have a couple torches just in case, I would hate to misplace the one and only and then have my baby VM be sad and lonely

OF

thanks so much for the input and lighter suggestions - I was thinking I should have a couple torches just in case, I would hate to misplace the one and only and then have my baby VM be sad and lonely

Or have desperation drive you to some dive of an all night gas station to get 'whatever they got'......... They might even catch you wearing that raincoat you use at bus stations and elementary schools and stuff. That's how they got Ataxian you know.

Yer welcome, enjoy the little guy. Very 'Steampunk' exactly the sort of thing you'd expect the Swiss to come up with....... Tiny, elegant design, precision construction. It needs a Mica shield, it's a tough world, guy poking fire up your backside and all.

OF

Mr Mellish

Hello Vapman fans - I AM buying my first, do you recommend the basic or classic. Price is not an issue, I am more interested in longevity. Will the Classic really last that much longer with Mica or is the Basic just as bomber with some TLC. Thanks for all of your input. This truly is a great forum, I have spent some time reading and have enjoyed learning about my next Vape (I am in the HUGE QUEUE for a Grasshopper so thinking that my new VM will take care of me in the mean time).

Depends on your torch skills. I've had both but prefer the mica because it took me a while to become comfortable with the torch. The mica is probably a little tougher to clean if you use concentrates, so you should consider that as well.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
That's a quite good idea. But then we have to clean it a bit more often, if the filter is inside. ;-)

Yes, you will need to clean the midsection and filter way more often if doing this. Personally I don't do it because I almost always use my Vapman attached to something (bubbler or j-hook if hitting it dry) and I don't really mind the occasional bit of weed in my mouth but have a friend who hates it and only uses his Vapman alone so for him it's a very useful trick.

vapman

Manufacturer

@mtnclimber Welcome to the vapman forum!

Seeing that you call yourself "mountain climber", I was instantly thinking about high altitudes and the fact, that normal jet-flame lighters don't work on altitudes above 1600m / 5300ft!
Lighters which work on higher altitudes exist but I never had one myself.

vapman

OF

How do you know? Have you tried every lighter you've owned above 5,000 Feet? Given that 14 out of 50 states in the US has at least one city over that, in fact many folks live over twice that high and some of those cities are above 50,000 full time residents. Hard to imagine what they do for lighters........

As I understand it, most of the high altitude issues are really low temperature ones. Outside air pressure is trivially lower so the flow rate of gas actually goes up a mite from that. It does tend to run lean since there's less Oxygen but that too is not always a factor. Cold is. Maybe a fill with more Propane would help fight the cold?

This came up a few years back in the early days of Hammer (a torch powered vape which is IMO effective and fun even if a bit fussy). The Snowboarders were up in arms since they knew it wouldn't work for them. I suggested the maker hire a skydiver lift plane pilot to run one up to 16,000 feet or so and actually test this idea......no problems found. IIRC there's a report of the test, complete with photos, on the Hammer thread.

For passenger comfort, commercial planes are typically pressurized to the 8,000 foot level. And up until they started throwing people off planes for even thinking of smoking folks in the smoking sections seemed to do OK? I certainly had no such troubles 'in the day'.

I don't buy into the high altitude bit. Low temperature perhaps, but not 'thin air'. Have you actually tried this with lighters you have? If not, you might consider getting a pilot to actually try your lighter in an unpressurized cabin and see. The highest spot around here is about 4,000 feet, none of my lighters showed any difference when I took a box of them up to try. No gaggle of smokers chain smoking off each others coals because their Bics had packed in. There are several mountain passes in this state in the 8,000 and above range. I have a practice of stopping at the top to enjoy the view, although this predates vaping, for a LOT of years that meant using one of several pipe lightes to fire up my beloved Meerschaum. Nobody told me I couldn't get a lighter to work at that altitude.........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_United_States_cities_by_state
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mountain_passes_in_California

I've personally (informally) tested to over 8,000 feet and know of at least one dedicated test to twice that without problems.

OF

mtnclimber

Interesting about lighters - I can be the test person being that we do live at 8,000 feet and play daily outside in our lovely surroundings. Living at altitude we really don't even think about it but we always do being that cooking/baking (and just living) is a bit different then living at sea level. Sometimes you need to throw more flour and less moisture into your cake, sometimes you need to boil your pasta a bit longer and maybe with the VM I will need to torch it a bit more frequent at shorter intervals (I will need to play around with it is my guess) to coax out of it the perfect, mouth watering flavor I am looking forward to. My hope is that I will see my lovely VM early next week and begin the testing phase. :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
What other company do you get a personal welcome from the creator with...@vapman you truly set the bar high in many areas man!
@mtnclimber Welcome to the vapman forum!

Seeing that you call yourself "mountain climber", I was instantly thinking about high altitudes and the fact, that normal jet-flame lighters don't work on altitudes above 1600m / 5300ft!

vapman

Top Bottom