Vapman

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Woo-hoo! So glad you are all enjoying your stations!

Mine has shipped and is on its way to me. Can't wait!

I like to hear about the temp settings you all use and what effects you get.

@KeVo23, it warms my heart to see some of my vapmans are giving you pleasure! Awesome.

Gourmet

Gee, I don't know about that. Say, why don't you try it in YOUR Vapman and let us know?
I have tried it really hard, but every little chocolate chunk flyes directly in my feeding door, it's like a magnet. :D

I like to hear about the temp settings you all use and what effects you get.
Normally I use the Pos. 3 for herbs without the water-filter. With the WF I vape usually on the 4.
If I'm on a degustation-session, I like the pos 1&2, especially if we taste Indicas.:smug:
The Pos. 5 & 6 I like to use for extracts and hash.

M0J0

I have tried it really hard, but every little chocolate chunk flyes directly in my feeding door, it's like a magnet. :D

Normally I use the Pos. 3 for herbs without the water-filter. With the WF I vape usually on the 4.
If I'm on a degustation-session, I like the pos 1&2, especially if we taste Indicas.:smug:
The Pos. 5 & 6 I like to use for extracts and hash.
Good info. Thanks!

I like to term "food door" Hahaha!

vapman

Manufacturer
Talking about the temp setting on the station, may be some of you have wondered how I got vapor already
after the first heating cycle on that short video from last spring? As everyone with the station noticed, there is typically no vapor after the first cycle. Did we cheat on that video? It looks like it but it was made in real time and it is real vapor! All I did is, packing vapman very loose with extremely dry weed, this way we could keep the video short. It is quite amazing how the packing has an influence on the result and time. Packing is as important as heating, easy to understand when thinking about the air circulation within the bowl.

vapman

vapor.man

Talking about the temp setting on the station, may be some of you have wondered how I got vapor already
after the first heating cycle on that short video from last spring?

I already wanted to ask if the stations changed or if your vapman was preheatet when making this video. Just tried it with a little crumb of herb and got a nice little cloud at the first draw. Packing smaller bowls is very nice with the station.:nod: Definitely keeps the taste much longer for me, compared to the lighter. Yesterday I had another session on level 1..neverending flavor.:drool:

OF

do you recommend a looser pack ?
Definitely

Exactly so if you want fastest possible vapor (the OP's point). Other goals might call for different loads.

This really makes sense when you consider this is a conduction vape. As heat comes in through the pan it warms the herb in contact. If the load is tightly packed heat is transferred out of the heated layer upwards, cooling that layer? This means more heat has to come in to replace it, taking time.

Consider MFLB which also exploits this. Since there's no oven like in VM only the herb in contact with the screen can get hot enough to vape (which is why you have to shake, shake, shake between hits there and not with VM). MFLB, unlike VM, doesn't have enough heat energy available to vape the entire load no matter how long you wait since heat 'escapes' entirely too fast.

Deceptively versitle, our little friend from Switzerland.

OF

OF

Timeless is a great word for the vapman.

The vapman is the first thing that has ever sent me into prepper mode. I need a stash of several dozen vapman and a couple crates of butane.

Shouldn't the plural of "Vapman" be "Vapmen"?

OTOH, to avoid the PC Gestapo perhaps a rename to "Vapeperson" is in order?

This stuff is getting so confusing these days. When I was younger the rules were clearer (at least to me).

You know the Johnathan Winters bit about 'what's the plural of octopus'? He says "I'm not sure, I'd say 'look out! Here comes an octopus and four more just like him' to avoid confusion in an emergency.". Insightful fellow.

Anyway a spare Vapman or two stashed away is a good plan for sure. Brings up the stash problem........

OF

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
This really makes sense when you consider this is a conduction vape. As heat comes in through the pan it warms the herb in contact. If the load is tightly packed heat is transferred out of the heated layer upwards, cooling that layer? This means more heat has to come in to replace it, taking time.

OF

You definitely are kidding or trolling so I do not want to engage.

We know you have differents views from me and phisics but here it is proven by René itself VM is a radiation device, by the fact that a loose load make less shadows to radiation so more even and fast extraction (fewer hits for sure and less intense than a regular load).
Loose load means also very fews (fewer at least) contact points between load and bowl, if it was a conduction vape there will be slower vapor production from less contact, isn'it?

Andreaerdna,

OF

You definitely are kidding or trolling so I do not want to engage.

We know you have differents views from me and phisics but here it is proven by René itself VM is a radiation device, by the fact that a loose load make less shadows to radiation so more even and fast extraction (fewer hits for sure and less intense than a regular load).

No, I'm quite serious and believe I know what I'm talking about.

And no, Rene has said here that there is no significant radiation going on.

Tell you what, you post the quote of him saying it's radiation and I'll look for the one about conduction? No need to make the man post the same thing twice?

OF

Edit: That didn't take long, here it is:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-83#post-737930

Here's another one, confirming again it's a conduction machine that the convection effect is trivial (no mention of radiation, that point having been, I thought, settled):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-84#post-738559

I won't hold my breath on a replay/correction/apology.

OF

Last edited:

OF

Like @Mr Mellish once said:

The vapman is Post-Zombie Apocalypse and EMP Strike proof!

And he was so right.......as he always seems to be.

Which is why the candle/solar/alcohol lamp idea is one who's time is at hand. When we run out of Butane we're going to need an alternative.

How about a solar powered Heating Station? We'd have to disguise it, of course.

OF

M0J0

And he was so right.......as he always seems to be.

Which is why the candle/solar/alcohol lamp idea is one who's time is at hand. When we run out of Butane we're going to need an alternative.

How about a solar powered Heating Station? We'd have to disguise it, of course.

OF
René already thought of that: the muscle powered vapman!

OF

René already thought of that: the muscle powered vapman!

Yep, no longer available unfortunately. IIRC it took a lot of muscle, making it out of bounds for many of us. I think it was the man his own self that said the cost was high and there were few sales (which typically go together, larger production runs could bring that down, provided there were customers.....). For those able how about a stationary bike? An average guy can do 1/15 hp IIRC, about 50 Watts......just about what the heating station needs. That's sort of the default way to extract power from human muscle energy, like human powered flight or Punkin Chunkin'.

Unfortunately some of us would be so badly winded after 3 hits, the 4th would be problematic........ Maybe as we reform society we can get the young folks to peddle the bikes for us. Tell 'em it's good for their health or somethin'? We'll have lots of issues to deal with then, best to have a plan for keeping our vapes hot I think.

Level one works a treat. ..smidgen of herb is all.

I'm happy.

Level 1? My VM doesn't have levels......maybe I should try some of your stash?

Then again, if you're happy what do I matter?

OF

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
No, I'm quite serious and believe I know what I'm talking about.

And no, Rene has said here that there is no significant radiation going on.

Tell you what, you post the quote of him saying it's radiation and I'll look for the one about conduction? No need to make the man post the same thing twice?

OF

Edit: That didn't take long, here it is:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-83#post-737930

Here's another one, confirming again it's a conduction machine that the convection effect is trivial (no mention of radiation, that point having been, I thought, settled):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-84#post-738559

I won't hold my breath on a replay/correction/apology.

OF

So you were serious, in your logic is it normal that in a ´conduction' vape a loose load gives you faster vapor than a normal load? If it is I apologize for the kidding - trolling accusation, seriously.

I never said René said it is radiation, dear friend, you know it as I know he prefer, as a lot of peaples do, to talk about conduction (BTW this is even stranger than the fact it tooks 6years for VM to be recognized from the vaping community)

What I said was that @vapman proves by a fact, empirically, that VM is radiation. For me his tricks for fast vapor in VmS1 proves that radiation is what take place to transfer heat. And it proves it by the fact that in a loose load there is a lower ratio of the load touching the bowl, so less conduction so if you were right slower vapor production, but no it is the opposite. On the other hand a loose load make less shadows to radiation to spread all over. So?

I give you an other example: if it was a conduction vape why a tight load is worst extracted than a loose one or a normal one? IMO It is because in a tight load material is so compressed in the bowl that make shadows for radiation not allowing it to heat all over the load.

Top Bottom