Vapman

vapman

Manufacturer
That's only fair. The guys on this thread love you.....or rather your products. You we like a LOT, but it's really different you know.......

We'd still like you without VM I think, but having one in your had kinda removes all doubt........

OF

Thank you OF! Seeing that you already wrote an unbelievable number of 14,287(!!!) posts and having you on this thread is a huge compliment for me and vapman, it really is!:nod:
I just did a rough calculation of how many hours you might have spent writing posts when taking an average of 10 minutes into account per post. This would make an astonishing 2,381 hours. Wow.:bowdown::clap::tup::cool::peace:

Tried the vapman for the first time today and am really enjoying it! I see why it's so popular and am glad to own one...time to read through this thread as much as possible :worms:

Welcome to the vapman family, nice to have you on board!:wave:

I think the vapman community is one of the slowest growing communities but it keeps on getting bigger and bigger every day since a very long time already. This is quite remarkable in a world where lots of things are out of date so quickly.

I wish you all a good day!

vapman:)

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Thank you OF! Seeing that you already wrote an unbelievable number of 14,287(!!!) posts and having you on this thread is a huge compliment for me and vapman, it really is!:nod:
I just did a rough calculation of how many hours you might have spent writing posts when taking an average of 10 minutes into account per post. This would make an astonishing 2,381 hours. Wow.:bowdown::clap::tup::cool::peace:

Welcome to the vapman family, nice to have you on board!:wave:

I think the vapman community is one of the slowest growing communities but it keeps on getting bigger and bigger every day since a very long time already. This is quite remarkable in a world where lots of things are out of date so quickly.

I wish you all a good day!

vapman:)

In 5 years time i predict the vapman thread will be one of the longest portable threads .. all those plastic fantastic vapes will be outdated leaving the butane vapes to keep growing :)

Did i mention ive got a beautiful new ebony vapman? There are pictures on @vapman facebook .. maybe someone can share them? ( im a techno noob!)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@VegNVape The series of posts, starting off between you and OF about the lost screw, is to good to be true, it is a piece of art!:clap:
To continue the drama, I could send you some screws in an envelope but I don't know If you are closer to MOJO's or my place, though?
You are too kind René! I really do appreciate your offer!

And I am pleased you enjoyed watching the drama unfold - all due to a tiny screw from a beloved Vapman!

This thread never ceases to amaze me!

I am in Europe btw . . . ;)

PeaceNLoveEverytime!
:peace:

Gourmet

As I mentioned in my second post, I would like to share my methode of cleaning a vapman with all of you vapmanonauts, because as is well known, sharing is caring, caring is sharing.

I guess, it's a good way to clean, but certainly not the only one. I'm open and flexible to hear with pleasure corrections, additions, and surly also the way you do and prefer it.

No long words now, I start simply with a picture and a list, that say's more than 2000 words.
But first you have to get in the right mood, it's a cleaning job and for this, we have to listen to positiv vibes: :tup:
Now you are ready, let's get started!

Preparations/ we need:

- Toothpaste (Peppermint is the best :lol:)
- Little Screwdriver
- Dabbing tool, or something to scratch the dirt outside the middle-section
- Pin (cut of the point is recommendable)
- A few cotton swabs, slightly damped
- Kitchen paper or the like
- Torch

98NgQ9S.jpg

(On this picture , my Vapman was already cleaned with ISO-alcohol. Before, the pan was really dark coated and proverbially black as night. For the cleaning-process, it is really no need to do it first with ISO, you can directly start with the toothpaste. Sure, Black is Beautiful! But I was curious, if I can make the golden pan shines again. )

Now I gave a little bit paste in the pan. Actually, the half of what you see on the next picture would be more than enough! The cotton swab, lightly moisten, will now become activ. Turn und twist it around in the pan with a modest pressure.
Attention: Try not to touch the mica, otherwise the mica will get flaky and loses tiny little fragments of it.
(I hope, I explained the warning comprehensible)

iv25VfL.jpg

Of course, I did the mistake and I cleaned also the mica. So it's not a cheap theory what I say,
it's pure experience. :D
If you do so as well (or happen unwanted), then let the mica dry completely out and blow all the little parts on the surface away, before you re-use your vapman. But it makes no serious harm to your vapman, it's only a superficial thing. Nevertheless, it's not recommendable.

If after the cleaning process the air-nozzles are a bit filled/stuffed with paste and dirt, you can clean it with the pin. (If the air-nozzles becomes once clotty?/sticky with rosin, please heat up before you use the pin).
But I simply blow out the toothpaste with my mouth, that's all. For this you have to put the pan close to your lips, logically. ;-)

Then I started with the middle-section and first I removed the filter.
And was honestly a little bit shocked to discover after 3 years daily usage all this "Schmodder" (how german speaking people would call this dirt on the filter inside and in the middle section)!
I should have cleaned it much earlier; from now I know it better.

B.t.w., you see now the gold-pan is back and looks almost like new! If I would spend a little more extra rounds with the cotton swab, I could bring it in a perfect look. But for this I'm too lazy. :smug:
0VpXa82.jpg

With the dabbing-tool I scrached the dirt out of the middle-section and filter away. The filter I burned out with the torch an polished it with the kitchen papier.

Then I removed the mouth-piece and cleaned it too.
I'm sure, it was mentioned before a few times and everybody here knows, but for the new vapman-users:
Please remove the mouth-piece only from the middle-section, if it's NOT on the vapman! Otherwise a damage at the pan-fixation could occur.
I never made this experience, but René (@vapman ) warned me about, so I will belief him without a single doubt. ;)

Ahhh, much better!
XPMqsCo.jpg

After I screwed on the filter and let the vapman dry, I took a little rosin dab for the re-inauguration.
And I getting a nice peppermint aroma for free too. :D (only the first draw)

49POFdp.jpg

I think, it looks not bad for a 3 years old, nearly every day used vapman, which was on a lot of parties with me.

I hope, you enjoyed a little bit this tutorial or maybee you find it even helpful. Anyway, I thank you for reading. If you find some real bad errors in expression, sentence or meaning, please help me to correct it. English is obviously not my nativ language and I don't use it often, please be indulgent with me.

If a mod/admin read this post and have the uncontrollable desire to iron out all my spelling errors, please feel free! :nod: ;)

Last edited:

Jvapes

Had an idea for the vapman. A portable butane torch attachment in the spirit of the hammer vape. It would have a vertical flame and may hold it in place with two tension arms. Maybe it's a class that holds both torch and vapman incase the torch dies. An elegant one band operation.

natural farmer

Had an idea for the vapman. A portable butane torch attachment in the spirit of the hammer vape. It would have a vertical flame and may hold it in place with two tension arms. Maybe it's a class that holds both torch and vapman incase the torch dies. An elegant one band operation.

Someone already did a DIY version of this with metal wire,

Tmu9dgL.jpg

Rene himself had some drawings

slpvh1.jpg

and I had sent @Ratchett a drawing for a 3D printed one that looked like a space gun

olIvyxr.jpg

but someone is too busy for us poor Vapmen… ;):p

I hope we see something soon… :)

Gourmet

Not abrasive enough to rub off the gold coating though, right?
Phuu.. honestly, I got no clue. But some of us got goldteeth, so I thought, it is not a bad idea, to clean a gold surface with toothpaste. And even if it's a little bit abrasive, I only do it once a year. And if in 20 years the layer is gona be to thin, I let put René a new pan in.:D

And, I didn't think that up myself with the dentifrice, it seems to me that René (@vapman ) once mentioned it to me, that this is a efficient possibility to clean the pan. He can certainly clarify, if it cames out of his kitchen. ;-)

Somehow or other, I'm glad if it's works for you. :tup:

Someone already did a DIY version of this with metal wire,
As I seen this in the thread here, I was LOL about this funny (and surly working) idea, the creative people her developped.

For me, it would be not practicable, because I love to play with the VM, to let it roll in my hand and to let spin the flame of the torch around the point of the pan. It's like a little ritual to me.

Sometimes, I'm catching myself to hold the VM in my hand, only because the feeling is so good. In german we say, it's a "Handschmeichler" (=worry stone (I googled), but directly translated, a charmer/flatterer for the hand). ;-)

Last edited:

vapelander

Hello and welcome @Gourmet !!
Your vapman box is fantastic. Very beautiful and useful, exactly like vapman! :tup: The wood provides this warmness and it's easy to play with this material. I'm a little bit jealous, i think i need to make one for me also ;). I love the magnetic system on the top,very nice idea. I wouldn't carry it out with me but it's perfect for home. Perfect idea and excellent execution! :clap:
I really like your idea about toothpaste. It's like polishing-buffing your bowl.Very nice!
And this is my cleaning routine so far. I use three things for cleaning:
Pipe cleaners for the mouthpieces. They work great,fast and easy. Every 2-3 fill ups.
Q tips for cleaning the middle section every 3-4 fill ups with botanicals. If i use e-liquid(with the screens) i clean after every session,around 10-15 drops that are consumed within 2-3 fill ups,because of the condensed vapor inside the middle piece.
Melamine foam for the gold plated bowl.I just cut a tiny piece,one tiny drop of water and i force it around the bowl.It is very easy and my bowl is and gonna stay like new forever.
The melamine was recommended by a vapman fellow friend and it's amazing but searching today i read about rinsing it afterwards with iso. Do you all melamine users do that? Because so far i wasn't doing this.

Gourmet

Perfect idea and excellent execution! :clap:
Thanks a lot. To be true, the execution is made in a sloppy way. :uhoh:
I'm more the communicativ guy, than a good craftsmen/artisans like René. I love to realise ideas, once done, I'm up to the next project. And my head never stops from bumping me from one idea to the next. ;-)

Pipe cleaners for the mouthpieces. They work great,fast and easy. Every 2-3 fill ups.
Yeah, that one I missed to buy now for month. Thanks for the remember!:tup:
You clean quite often, I'm too lazy for that an have the perfect excuse, that I'm simply a man: Missing the cleaning gene... :p

Q tips for cleaning the middle section every 3-4 fill ups with botanicals.
What means "botanicals" to you? Natural plant component cleaning products?
Edit: Now, I get it, you mean herbs by contrast to the liquids.. :lol:

Melamine foam for the gold plated bowl.I just cut a tiny piece,one tiny drop of water and i force it around the bowl.It is very easy and my bowl is and gonna stay like new forever.
Ahh, yes, these magic eraser foams! Very good idea, so it stays dry.:tup: I have to look, if I find one in the store.

Thanks for sharing your hints, @vapelander !

Last edited:

lemmeadem

Hey guys, bit of a Q'! I just got the Vapman after 3 long-ass weeks of wait (AUSSIE CUSTOMS!!!) and it was totally and entirely worth it and I was wondering; has anyone removed the mouthpiece and huffed on this bad-boy at low temps through the middle-piece?

I'm only wondering because the temps at the end of the POM mouthpiece are very manageable for me, even at high temperatures, and it would shorten the airpath, thus shorten the amount of build-up and lost-to-surface-cannabinoids. I figure if I don't cover the vents in the middle-section, the temperature will remain somewhat the same? ... Plus, since getting an Air (jumped on that bad-boy the day I found out and will never regret that decision - so much stealth and so much vapor) I'm really into short air-paths and how tasty they seem to be over longer air-paths. Up until recently I was using the smaller tipped mouthpiece of the Air without the tip and found flavor to be exquisite.

Nugg

@vapelander I always do an iso wipe over after I'm done with the magic eraser. Then I hit the inside of the bowl with the troch real quick just to make sure the iso is definitely gone.

@lemmeadem Aussie customs are being dicks atm. I had a bubbler from dhgate sit in customs for almost 2 weeks. I don't think anyone has mentioned using vapman with out the mouth piece but I'm sure someone in the thread has done it. I don't see why it wouldn't work though :science:

OF

I was wondering; has anyone removed the mouthpiece and huffed on this bad-boy at low temps through the middle-piece?

I don't think anyone has mentioned using vapman with out the mouth piece but I'm sure someone in the thread has done it. I don't see why it wouldn't work though :science:

Yes, I tried it early on (along with blocking the air vents which can easily be done with tape or the ends or round toothpicks) but IMO the results were 'sub wonderful'. I may or may not have reported it here, but it's easy enough to try yourself and make up your own mind.

Of course running without a MP is standard for most guys using a WT, but that's a different case.

OF

lemmeadem

Yes, I tried it early on (along with blocking the air vents which can easily be done with tape or the ends or round toothpicks) but IMO the results were 'sub wonderful'. I may or may not have reported it here, but it's easy enough to try yourself and make up your own mind.

Of course running without a MP is standard for most guys using a WT, but that's a different case.

OF

Cheers, OF.

I ended up trying after posting and you're right about it being sub-wonderful. The heat and the awkward feel of how close the bowl is make it a little less than optimal and actually the taste was a little worse because of how harsh the air was. Thought I'd test out the waters on the forums first - I'm a bit of an awkward fucker (and I've been burnt before in the heat of experimentation - Ascent glass mouthpiece was practically set aflame when I decided I'd take it upon myself to try and smoke my reclaim and the tip cracked when the torch hit it).

Also, @Nugg - been there, bro. Just got my first D020 after it sitting in customs for about a week and a half. D:

Kinda on-topic - I'm thinking of buying a Lotus WPA/J-hook kit so I can use the Vapman AND the Lotus (VAS, you cruel bitch) through a nice, long, glass vapor path so I can really fine-tune my technique. A worthy experiment or should I just stick to using it hand-to-mouth?

Nugg

@lemmeadem I have the 14mm j hook that comes with the lotus and it pairs great with vapman. A long 18/14 reducer is a nice way to pair vapman and the d020. Just cram the middle section into the 14mm end of the adapter. You can then lift the adapter to clear and leave it attached the middle section while you reload.

I actually leave the pom mouth piece when using a water tool. I think the reatriction at the mouth piece makes for bigger clouds due to some condensing action.

When I experimented with making my own middle sections a larger bore seemed to yield less cloud. @OF have you got some science to back me up on this or am I crazy?

OF

I ended up trying after posting and you're right about it being sub-wonderful. The heat and the awkward feel of how close the bowl is make it a little less than optimal and actually the taste was a little worse because of how harsh the air was.

So now you know. Easy, fast experiment.

If you want to play some with the idea the VM can use the same stems as MFLB, meaning 1/4 OD tube (either glass or plastic). I made one about 8 inches long experimenting. It was better, I think, but too awkward. And not really 'right' for VM anyway. But the MFLB stems (both glass and plastic) as well as whip will work.

You can also use the larger plastic MPs from Vapor Genie. The 1/4 inch, not older 3/16. You have to either cover the slot in the side (tubing works here) or cut that part off (which I did). Again, here I came back to the stock stems but it's a fun set of tests......if you enjoy such stuff.

That would be this one, cheap at half a buck:
http://vaporgenie.com/spare-mouthpieces#.VdV8o8nSO9I

When I experimented with making my own middle sections a larger bore seemed to yield less cloud. @OF have you got some science to back me up on this or am I crazy?

That's a head scratcher for sure. Nothing off hand, perhaps after a bit of thought? The volume increase is pretty minor I think you should not be losing much to condensation.......I think?

OF

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
Hey guys, bit of a Q'! I just got the Vapman after 3 long-ass weeks of wait (AUSSIE CUSTOMS!!!) and it was totally and entirely worth it and I was wondering; has anyone removed the mouthpiece and huffed on this bad-boy at low temps through the middle-piece?

I wonder how the customs justify the hold up of your parcel for such a long time? This annoys me quite a bit as we are paying close to USD 30.-- for priority shipping. I wonder if it is for quarantine reasons because of the wood? I lived in Australia in the 80's and I know that Australia is super careful about diseases brought into the country by organic materials. At the same time I think, but don`t know for sure, that processed and dry woods are not really a danger as worms would not survive in a small and dry peace of wood being machined and treated otherwise.

Anyway, reading that it was worth the waiting for you, outweighs my worries about the customs, for sure!

Glad to know we have one more ambassador in beautiful Australia!:tup:

vapman

OF

I wonder how the customs justify the hold up of your parcel for such a long time? I wonder if it is for quarantine reasons because of the wood? I lived in Australia in the 80's and I know that Australia is super careful about diseases brought into the country by organic materials.

Processed woods can have problems later in life. Termites, molds and such eat up antiques too. I'm thinking, though, it's more a matter of being out of the ordinary? They don't deal with vapes every day (yet), maybe if you put a hook on the MP and listed it as a Christmas Tree ornament?

The have Christmas down under too you know, they just do it in Summer........

OF

Nugg

Thanks for nothing @OF. Jokes :) I just thought that if anyone would know it would be you. It may have been my poor quality diy middle section to blame for the lack of vapor? The abv still looked as dark as using the normal middle section though.

Australian customs confiscated some pot puri that came with my solo. If i wanted it back it needed to be fumigated. Being strict on stuff like that is great but I wish they wouldn't hold up my vape related mail lol.

I didn't track my vapman while it was in the mail so I don't know how long it took to pass through customs but it took just under 3 weeks to get to me. If I recall correctly the envolope @vapman sent me took around the same time to get to me too. I don't think that would have been held up at customs being just an envolope.

A pic and gif to show the long reducer/adapter.

fKnDQqN.jpg

nnX1ebc.jpg

vapelander

Welcome to the vapmaniacs @lemmeadem :wave: Days of experimenting,exploring and being blown away are in front of you! :)

@vapelander I always do an iso wipe over after I'm done with the magic eraser. Then I hit the inside of the bowl with the troch real quick just to make sure the iso is definitely gone.
Thanks for the reply @Nugg. I'm gonna start doing that. You said it and it's very logical too ;) Let's keep our lungs as safe as we can! Btw i love the gif and i see a lotus resting over there,nice arsenal :tup:

A small story now about our beloved vapman lighter. After four days of heavy use(vapman fed three persons on vacations) my lighter gave up,i had no spark. I had a spare so no big deal. When i got back i opened it up and saw that the spark cable had melted inside the metallic head so my spark was going on the metal.. Easy fix,i got a new spark maker and replaced it when i got back.
So as the time passes i come to think that vapman is a really personal vape. Vapman handled the six days of vacation without a problem but it was getting overheated many times,the lighter gave up because of overheating and wanting your friends to be vapers you give it to them to use it and that brings stress for your precious.. Lighter was dropped the second day and the frontal metal part(where the butane comes out from) snapped out. Vapman also got dropped for the first time when i was handing it over and the middle part snapped out :mad:. I almost got a heart attack:ko: but it's ok. So these guys are survivors but i don't wanna put them and me in this situation.. I just have to convince my friends to get a vapman :)
Vapman and it's lighter are beasts! It's easy to get friends to like it,i think it's automatic :D
Vape on!:peace:

lemmeadem

I wonder how the customs justify the hold up of your parcel for such a long time? This annoys me quite a bit as we are paying close to USD 30.-- for priority shipping. I wonder if it is for quarantine reasons because of the wood? I lived in Australia in the 80's and I know that Australia is super careful about diseases brought into the country by organic materials. At the same time I think, but don`t know for sure, that processed and dry woods are not really a danger as worms would not survive in a small and dry peace of wood being machined and treated otherwise.

Anyway, reading that it was worth the waiting for you, outweighs my worries about the customs, for sure!

Glad to know we have one more ambassador in beautiful Australia!:tup:

vapman

Thanks for nothing @OF. Jokes :) I just thought that if anyone would know it would be you. It may have been my poor quality diy middle section to blame for the lack of vapor? The abv still looked as dark as using the normal middle section though.

Australian customs confiscated some pot puri that came with my solo. If i wanted it back it needed to be fumigated. Being strict on stuff like that is great but I wish they wouldn't hold up my vape related mail lol.

I didn't track my vapman while it was in the mail so I don't know how long it took to pass through customs but it took just under 3 weeks to get to me. If I recall correctly the envolope @vapman sent me took around the same time to get to me too. I don't think that would have been held up at customs being just an envolope.

A pic and gif to show the long reducer/adapter.

fKnDQqN.jpg

nnX1ebc.jpg

@vapman I did a little bit of scouting around and apparently Australian customs are allowed to quarantine anything that is made of natural materials or that comes into contact or has a chance to come into contact with natural materials... Which is kind of everything, ever. >.> Our laws/policies/etc. regarding law enforcement are fortunately not as tumultuous as in the US but I've come to learn recently that we've actually more legislation protecting the right to take people's rights away so customs holding a package too long for no good reason isn't too much of a worry, relatively speaking. XD

@Nugg Yes, the Great Southern Land -.- Persecuting drug users since forever. Thanks for the pics as well, man! Some crazy milk coming out of that bad-boy. Mind if I ask where you got the reducer/expander? Also - why so high on the water level? I usually bubble at just above the perk. Do you have troubles with restriction?

vapman

Manufacturer
@vapman I did a little bit of scouting around and apparently Australian customs are allowed to quarantine anything that is made of natural materials or that comes into contact or has a chance to come into contact with natural materials... Which is kind of everything, ever. >.> Our laws/policies/etc. regarding law enforcement are fortunately not as tumultuous as in the US but I've come to learn recently that we've actually more legislation protecting the right to take people's rights away so customs holding a package too long for no good reason isn't too much of a worry, relatively speaking. XD

@lemmeadem Thank you for the scouting around and the infos, this helps! I know from the tracking, that our parcels always arrive within 1-3 days in the country of destination but the final delivery gets held up by the customs. At least we can send vapmans to Down Under otherwise I really have to think about @OF's trick with the christmas tree, just don't know how to explain what the bowl is for.:lol:

Vapman

Nugg

Thanks @lemmeadem, you'll be ripping clouds like that before you know it!

This is the 2 pack of adapters I bought. About $16AUD delivered.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2pcs-lot-glass-water-pipe-glass-adapter-jiont/196104757.html

@vapman If at the top of the middle section you put a flat beveled edge (instead of the rounded edge that's there now) that is the same taper as a 14mm joint the vapman would be water tool or j hook ready straight out of the egg. It would only need to be 1-2mm wide.

Better yet make a middle section that is little bit longer with a full size 14mm male joint at the end :D

Edit: The water level in my D020 - only looks high when in use. At rest the water only just covers the slits.

Last edited:

lemmeadem

Ahh, of course - high eyes and the camera level got me. :p

I've noticed something about the Vapman just this session - I've been hitting a pretty hard strain at the moment, Headband grown in the Far North - and whenever I put it through the Air - D020, turbo pvhegong, low-level water - it gives me a headache unless sitting on the first setting (blue - 180C by Arizer's reckoning). I even put it through my cousin's Ascent, a portable I swore off years ago, and tried vapor-stepping and regardless of temperature, it was the same.

The Vapman seems to take the edge off that. I'm not sure if it's how hot the pan gets, as close as possible to sub-combustion temperatures if you're tactful, or how thoroughly the pan extracts but I'm headache-free with Vapman and only Vapman. :S I'm kinda disappointed I was disheartened by flame-vapes a few years back.

Next, a Lotus. Then, maybe, a Daisy and a Lily.

And maybe a Peace. And a VapCap.

And a Hammer.

Dammit.

Top Bottom