Vapman

OF

So, guess who's gonna be turning out the garage/shed/digging up the floor this weekend? :worms:

Two suggestions consider. First poke a steel needle down the crack and try to contact the screw. Then put a strong magnet on the needle (which will make it magnetic at the end) and carefully withdraw the lot.

Secondly, fit a fresh bag on the vacuum and vacuum the crack as best you can, including taping a 'crevice tool' over the crack and then turning the machine on. Again, a magnet might save your digging through the pet fur and insect droppings......

I've recovered lots of tiny bits those ways, many out of sight. IMO worth a try. Once you start tearing up the floor no telling where it will run to.

You might also contact Rene directly. He's a good sort and if he doesn't already offer screws he might just mail you one or two? I suspect they are custom, you won't find them in local stores. McMaster Carr might have a suitable one, but that would take some digging.

Good luck with it.

OF

kushkush

happy camper....
-----

Is it true I can get a FC discount for the Vapman at Puffitup and if so, anybody know how to get the discount?

-----

kushkush,
Reactions: vapman

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Two suggestions consider. First poke a steel needle down the crack and try to contact the screw. Then put a strong magnet on the needle (which will make it magnetic at the end) and carefully withdraw the lot.

Secondly, fit a fresh bag on the vacuum and vacuum the crack as best you can, including taping a 'crevice tool' over the crack and then turning the machine on. Again, a magnet might save your digging through the pet fur and insect droppings......

I've recovered lots of tiny bits those ways, many out of sight. IMO worth a try. Once you start tearing up the floor no telling where it will run to.

You might also contact Rene directly. He's a good sort and if he doesn't already offer screws he might just mail you one or two? I suspect they are custom, you won't find them in local stores. McMaster Carr might have a suitable one, but that would take some digging.

Good luck with it.

OF
Hey thank you for the suggestions. Most appreciated. Vacuum is my best bet I think . . . the crack is kinda in a corner and access is rather tricky - as you said, the crevice tool may be most effective.

I will let you know how I get on.

And you're right, I should not and must not dig a hole.
I must not dig a hole
I MUST NOT dig a hole . . .

:uhoh:

:)
Happy Vaping
:peace:

OF

Hey thank you for the suggestions. Most appreciated. Vacuum is my best bet I think . . . the crack is kinda in a corner and access is rather tricky - as you said, the crevice tool may be most effective.
Good luck. One place I worked at this happened a lot. We worked on Electron Microscopes, lots of tiny hardware which could not be magnetic (since the microscope runs on magnets.....). When you lost something into the works it was lost and taking stuff apart to find it was to be avoided if possible.

About the 3rd time we went fishing I taped a foot or two of vinyl tube into the end of the crevice tool and hid it from the housekeeping people......who came up with a replacement from a broken vacuum in another building when they thought it was lost somehow. Well it was lost (to them), I had it. For all I know it's still hidden in the bottom drawer in the shop. It became pretty popular over the years as it did it's noble work. Including a guy from a different department who drifted by one day and asked to borrow it. We tried making a small (easy to clean) filter for it, but that lowered the all important 'suck' part so we went back to sacrificing bags.

Good luck.

OF

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Good luck. One place I worked at this happened a lot. We worked on Electron Microscopes, lots of tiny hardware which could not be magnetic (since the microscope runs on magnets.....). When you lost something into the works it was lost and taking stuff apart to find it was to be avoided if possible.

About the 3rd time we went fishing I taped a foot or two of vinyl tube into the end of the crevice tool and hit it from the housekeeping people......who came up with a replacement from a broken vacuum in another building when they thought it was lost somehow. Well it was lost (to them), I had it. For all I know it's still hidden in the bottom drawer in the shop. It became pretty popular over the years as it did it's noble work. Including a guy from a different department who drifted by one day and asked to borrow it. We tried making a small (easy to clean) filter for it, but that lowered the all important 'suck' part so we went back to sacrificing bags.

Good luck.

OF

Ha clever!

Little gems like that can save hours and get you out of all sorts of sticky situations.

Love it.

I just hope I get a bite this weekend then eh . . .

Have fun

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@OF is spot on as usual. Another trick to try with the vacuum... take a piece from a pair of panty hose (or similar) and cover the end of the hose with it before you put the crevice attachment on it. Make sure to leave some slack for a pocket so the screw doesn't bounce on it like a mini trampoline and head back out. This trick has saved my ass a few times over the years. I would double it over (2 layers) with something like that little screw so it doesn't go right through if it happens to be pointy end up.

Magnets have never helped me much in such situations. They are great when you can see but not reach what you need, but with blind sweeping I always seem to find every little piece of magnetic shit EXCEPT what I'm trying to get.

When I'm king, disobedient screws and other small items like this will be replaced with copies and disciplined by melting down to make new screws. Nothing worse than an inanimate object with a mind of its own taunting a sentient being!

Good luck!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@OF is spot on as usual. Another trick to try with the vacuum... take a piece from a pair of panty hose (or similar) and cover the end of the hose with it before you put the crevice attachment on it. Make sure to leave some slack for a pocket so the screw doesn't bounce on it like a mini trampoline and head back out. This trick has saved my ass a few times over the years. I would double it over (2 layers) with something like that little screw so it doesn't go right through if it happens to be pointy end up.

Magnets have never helped me much in such situations. They are great when you can see but not reach what you need, but with blind sweeping I always seem to find every little piece of magnetic shit EXCEPT what I'm trying to get.

When I'm king, disobedient screws and other small items like this will be replaced with copies and disciplined by melting down to make new screws. Nothing worse than an inanimate object with a mind of its own taunting a sentient being!

Good luck!
Yep yep yep :nod: Totally liking that idea too FnT. Nice1, & thanks man, you tyrant! :lol:

Any-which-way, it defo looks like I'll be giving the vacuum cleaner some love this weekend . . .

Thanks to you guys I actually feel far more positive and confident that I shall indeed retrieve this elusive screw.

It will be mine again, oh yes, it will be mine . . .

Thank krunchy it's Friday y'all! :rockon:

MuchLove

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
Yep yep yep :nod: Totally liking that idea too FnT. Nice1, & thanks man, you tyrant! :lol:

Any-which-way, it defo looks like I'll be giving the vacuum cleaner some love this weekend . . .

Thanks to you guys I actually feel far more positive and confident that I shall indeed retrieve this elusive screw.

MuchLove
Oh that Sucks
However
If you can't find your screw you could borrow one from a mid section or the head of your torch :borg:.
I've found similar screws (René said recently his are all custom made) on old eye glasses or inside electronics are a good place to look. I got a small bag of hardware with my last order so I've got spares ,perhaps you should order another vapman to justify postage of A screw :lol:

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...

MuchLove

If you can't get the fugitive, PM me and I'll mail you a screw or two.

Can't have a cripple vapman out there like that!

:D

OF

I almost hate to suggest this, but here goes. You can temporarily replace the 'back screw' with a wooden peg. Like the trimmed end of a wood toothpick. The 'front screw' has to hold the spring down against the wood for proper action, but the back one only needs to block rotation around the front one.

Until the replacement comes a wood peg in the screw hole should keep you going. Just don't jam it in hard enough to mess up the hole/threads in the body and keep it long enough to easily pluck out when the replacement comes. You could actually replace the screw with a permanent peg (or better still SS pin) but that would spoil it's charm I think.

Or not......

OF

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Oh that Sucks
However
If you can't find your screw you could borrow one from a mid section or the head of your torch :borg:.
I've found similar screws (René said recently his are all custom made) on old eye glasses or inside electronics are a good place to look. I got a small bag of hardware with my last order so I've got spares ,perhaps you should order another vapman to justify postage of A screw :lol:
If you can't get the fugitive, PM me and I'll mail you a screw or two.

Can't have a cripple vapman out there like that!

:D
I almost hate to suggest this, but here goes. You can temporarily replace the 'back screw' with a wooden peg. Like the trimmed end of a wood toothpick. The 'front screw' has to hold the spring down against the wood for proper action, but the back one only needs to block rotation around the front one.

Until the replacement comes a wood peg in the screw hole should keep you going. Just don't jam it in hard enough to mess up the hole/threads in the body and keep it long enough to easily pluck out when the replacement comes. You could actually replace the screw with a permanent peg (or better still SS pin) but that would spoil it's charm I think.

Or not......

OF
Oh now come on gents! I just gotta say that you're making me well up right here! No joke, this is emotional!

Now, I'm not sure if this all sounds totally stupid but I am completely overwhelmed by the response that I have received in this thread on this matter, and I am truly grateful for all of your kind words, fantastic ideas and most generous offers!

Seriously, I did not expect or even conceive of such an awesome act of what I honestly consider friends, coming together to offer help and support in my, and little Vapman's hour of need. I only thought I would share my story with you all for a little bit of fun, & for me it has now turned in to an absolutely heartwarming experience!

Oh yeah, and lest we forgot this was just for a screw!!!

@OF, your ideas are ingenious, thanks for all of your suggestions . . . some sort of pin or tiny wooden dowel may well do a good job if I need a semi permanent solution, and it could possibly even add some rustic charm to his look if done right . . . I appreciate your thoughts for sure.

@simpleasthcis thanks for your ideas too - do you know if the torch screws really are the same size? That would be a handy workaround if the torch still holds together nice & securely. And your ideas for places to search for replacement screws sound solid too - a buddy stopped by yesterday & when he saw my predicament he offered to dig out a box of old rc car kit from his garage which he thought could possibly contain something similar. I will certainly try these avenues if I think that I am going to get stuck long term.

As you said, I could of course just purchase a fresh, new Vapman and some spare screws at the same time . . . :brow:. . .this is very tempting indeed . . . . but I am not sure that a certain lady in my life would be at all impressed with that particular decision, & believe me, I already have some serious explaining to do regarding the non existent condition which I therefore could not, and do not suffer from, and to which I consequently refuse to give the credence of a name - but y'all like to call VAS :p

Ahem. . . thank you simpleasthcis, and moving swiftly on . . . :D

@M0J0! Thank you so much for your very kind offer - if I am unable to sort this out in any other practical, effective and satisfactory fashion then I may just be sending a pm your way my good man! I truly appreciate such a caring gesture - and it is not just I but of course the all important Vapman himself who gives his humble thanks for your kind offer of help and support.

And that thanks goes out to all others who have wished me luck & offered up ideas - @flotntoke & @Nugg - thank you guys :tup:

And to anyone else who may have read my posts and maybe sent me good thoughts, feelings and vibes, maybe without even knowing it, through the power of the universe, I thank you.

Er, hang on, this is all still about a screw right?

Yes, yes it is. But it's a Vapman screw. And isn't that just wonderful?! :nod:

Heh sorry for being so Cheezy! :D

^^^ I will admit that 'Cheezy' is a recognised and diagnosabe clinical condition of which I certainly do show many worrying telltale signs - but that's a whole other story for another time. . . or not ;)

So anyway, today's the day folks! Stockings & vacuum cleaner complete with crevice tool at the ready!

Don'tchoo worry teeny tiny little screw! I'll save ya! . . .

O.k folks, I'm going in! :ninja:

MuchLove&RespectY'all

Gourmet

Hello dear Vapman-friends!
(please excuse my rudimentary english skills, it's only my 3th language and I hope, you understand it nonetheless. I only use a translater and tinker a little bit. If I made terrible errors, that makes it too hard to read, please don't hesitate to correct me! ->private conversation will be the best I guess)

My first post here and first of all I like also to give special thanks to René (@vapman ) for his energetic and persistent work!

I have the luck to know him personally and to visit sometimes his atelier. Often we talk about vaporizing and forgot, what time it is. Nearly everytime I visit René, I'm coming too late to my following meetings. :D

Since more than 3 years I'm proudly tobacco an combustion free, fortunately. And since 3 years also a highly convinced and enthusiastic Vapman-user! Shortly after I discovered the pleasure of vape, I'm becoming also in this domain a gourmet. The fact I'm a little homegrower helps to have some tasty strains in good quality without brix and all this sh.... but let us return to the topic.

Here my little collection:
MJaeHfd.jpg

Yes, I'm a owner of a vapman station 1 and I didn't gave it out of my hand .......and I don't like it:
I LOVE IT! :love:
I kept it at my own risc, but I was all the time convinced, that René did a good job and my station works fine still to this day. Otherwise I would jump quick on my bike and take a ride to Renés atelier, to beg him on my knees for a repair work.... ;-)

Three pieces of vapman is the minimum I need. The one on the left is only for guests, they aren't weed consumers. Usualy it's for peppermint, I got a good one maroc peppermint on my balcony.
And I love the face the first users make, imediately after they breathe out. With or without weed, it's both wunderful to watch! If only the smokers would know, what they miss!:wave:

The middle (pear wood too) was my first one. He accompanied my on all concerts, festivals, open-airs, in bars and sometimes even in restaurant; and already made a bunch of people happy. :D
Today, I use it only for extracts, skuff an hash, so, the extract screen stays all the time in.

The one on the right is my daily and my new favourite in walnut.
All models are classics with mica.

Of course I made a Gourmet-Box for on the road. It's my first prototype. Cheap Woodbox (polpar wood) from the DIY-store, acrylic varnish (mahogani color) and a inley in cheap pine tree. Without the good tools and my poor handyman skills, this box is not a adequate home for the vapman. But it was enough to test it.

Here the prototype A from the outside: (by now, René knows exactly who I am ;))
UcGRzoh.jpg

And the inside:
0JfAlJp.jpg

It contains 2 click-clack-can, a slik mat, a little swiss knife with a tweezer and a scissors,
the dabbing tool, 8 tiny jars for grinded herbs, a little grinder, silicone container for extracts, the torch and finally the vapman of course.

SZkrB4L.jpg

The little grinder ist only for tender women hands and is actually a stopgab solution. But it works and so, if your buddy cames with his newest weed along and you sit on a hill for a little vape brake, it's fine to have this tool with.

The two click-clack-cans are for different things. The first is dedicated for weed, f. ex. you recieved on a smoke-in.. pardon.. vape-in from your grower-buddy. ;)

The second has some tools (screwdriver, pin) and stuff like a plastic mouth-piece an 2 extract screens in it. What will be added is also a little brush. To envoid the clack-clack-noise of all these little things on the way, I put a folded pocket hankerchief in. It's perfect to clean the middelpiece-filter after using the vapman! only remove the cap of the can, twist the filter-piece and it's already cleared.

The cans and the swiss knife are held by magnet, so they find their place automatically.
The Silicone slik mat is a nive to have stuff for on the road, if you want to make out with the extract, but it's also a nice thing, if you want to grind a litte bit weed on a dirty table.

VxYSRDl.jpg

By the way, the little glass jar got the right diametre to shovel wit the dabbing tool herbs in the pan. ;-)
If I close the box, everything stays on his place, and the 2 cans help, that the jars also do.

As you see I made for the Dabbing tool a second hole next to the vapman. So it's easier to handle if you are in the "operation mode". :D

My next box, the prototype B, will be square-shaped, but with the same content. And with natural varnish I will receive from a violin maker. Stay tuned!

And at last, to give an idea, what I call to have a little bit variety in herbs, here my box for the vape-in's we have regulary with a bunch of very good and heartily friends. And naturally, all are vapman users. :D

CjuNCVK.jpg

g8WQIsK.jpg

I thank you for reading and I hope, you enjoyed my first post, the pictures and also a bit my work ... and i hope especially that it was not to hard to read.

I love all of you vapman users all over the world and I salute you fraternally! :wave: Let's vape for a better world! :D

Last edited:

Nugg

Wow @Gourmet what a fantastic first post. We welcome you with open arms!

Your travel box is awesome!! It looks very well thought out. I use one of those click clack tins to hold my ground herb when I leave the house with vapman. They are very close in diameter to the egg which makes pocketing them easy.

You know Renè personally and get to visit the home of vapman?!?!?! That's awesome :bowdown:

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
Welcome @Gourmet great post the translation is charming and a fine box:o
@VegNVape
A screw from your torch is slightly larger than the spring screw so if used will be permanent but will grip nicely. Mine has, I was ambushed in my garden by kids so had to pocket my vapman with a LONG stem, then I crouch down to great them
Snap went my pocket the extra leverage forced the spring up popped the first screw out :doh:hence my suggestion I know it's silver but so are the rest of mine (worn) you'll find small black screws holding down circuit boards say inside an old remote control ?? . Good luck
Wevapeople

Gourmet

Whow, my goodness! Thanks a lot for all these friendly likes and answers, you are all to kind! :bowdown:
Yes it's true, im guilty to be a real fanboy of vapman. But not without reasons, as you all know already.
In fact, we are all ambassadors of this fine art to vaporize.

And as I saw, here are a lot of creativ and helping people and you got installed a very good ambience with a perfect dose of humor and lively exchange! It's so nice to be now part of this forum.

I also will give my thanks to all you people, that modified and enlarge the use and look of the vapman! It's a sign, that you love the VM in a similar way I do.

Everybody of you is very ingenious, but one post I like to quote specially:

Check out the sample work on his website: http://www.colaserengraving.com/ I highly recommend him.

Now for the Vapman porn (The engraving looks much sharper in person):

2edz1gm.jpg

29kq987.jpg

That's definitely the sexiest thing I ever saw on the vapman. I talked with René, once, if I have too much of this funny little coloured papers, I must send you a new virgin vapman too! :clap:
You do a extremly good job, Mojo!:bowdown:

Or has @Ed's TnT finally lost his mind and built the world's longest custom Vapman mouthpiece???
The Alphorn ist the real first vapman! :myday::D

I use one of those click clack tins
Tins is the correct term, i missing before. Now it's to late to change. But thanks for the help. :tup:

Welcome @Gourmet great post the translation is charming and a fine box:o
You are too indulgently. I will try to do my best and to learn from all of you. It's the first time since years I try again to write in english, so I'm shurely quite a bit rusty. And to tell the truth.. my last english lessons are dated 2 decades in the past. Or was it 3? ;-)

Anyway, sharing is caring, I would like to post some little tutorial too, how about I clean my vapman. Maybee this week I will find some time to do it.

So long, my dear friends of fine aromated vapman-air!
CU

PS:
I miss the station.....:huh:
I'm shure, it will come back and better than ever. But I also understand René. He has a highly sense of responsibility and will do the best for his customers. I would like, that some other Companies and Salesman could have this positive attitude...

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
:) Hey thanks for the handy info @simpleasthcis. It's good to know that it's a tried and tested fix - and also good to be aware that it will permanently widen the screw hole, if only slightly.

I tried for around half an hour yesterday with the vacuum cleaner to no avail. All angles and tools tried but no joy :\

It has gone under a 'lip' and down into a crack underneath the floor. I now feel that the only way it would be possible to retrieve the lost little lamb would be to pull up the flooring.

Needless to say, I have had the conversation with my good lady & she is understandably reluctant to let me proceed. We are trying to sell the house at the moment so I suppose potentially destroying part of it at this particular time would not be the best way to encourage a sale . . .

I shall now hunt. Remote controls sound a good place to start - thanks again Simpleasthcis - I have a few I can salvage from . . . . . hmmm that pm is getting closer & closer @M0J0! ;)

But I haven't given up yet!

@Gourmet - Welcome friend! What a great post, it's lovely to hear of your experiences with this amazing little vape, and your boxes and setup look A1 :tup:

Keep it coming!

Well, here's wishing you all a great start to what will hopefully be a fantastic week for one and all.

VapmanRocks! :rockon:

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
@vapelander Your first post is spot on. Thank you! :tup:

@VegNVape The series of posts, starting off between you and OF about the lost screw, is to good to be true, it is a piece of art!:clap:
To continue the drama, I could send you some screws in an envelope but I don't know If you are closer to MOJO's or my place, though?

@Gourmet What a surprise meeting you here on FC. The chances of seeing each other on internet are almost bigger than in real life.:D Looking forward to your next real visit! BTW, great first post!:tup:

Did I ever mention, that i love this thread? :)

Vapman

Gourmet

What a surprise meeting you here on FC. The chances of seeing each other on internet are almost bigger than in real life.:D Looking forward to your next real visit! BTW, great first post!:tup:

Thanks a lot, René! Yeah, I will come soon to your atelier and I have a question about a vapman-weekend. The best is, I write you quick a PM. ;-)

Top Bottom