Vapir Prima

Frank Reynolds

I'm really considering snagging one of these but I'm hoping someone who owns one can answer something for me first.

Does this perform like most conduction vapes where there is a good amount of vapor at the beginning of your draw and basically no vapor towards the end? Or is there enough convection going on for it to vape for your entire draw?

kushbury

If I understand your question right you're asking if the draw stays consistent throughout rather than whisping out towards the end... yeah, the Prima stays consistent through the draw and session. I vape on setting three and I get nice strong pulls all throughout the 5 - 7 minute session. The only time I ever have to turn it up to finish the session is if I'm using a lesser strain.

Sungodv

Looks like a winner. If my Summit ever dies, this may be it's replacement.

Sungodv,

kushbury

Yep! The Solo was my first vape three years ago and was my daily at home vape until the prima..... i also have a Flowermate, an x max, had a firefly and an extreem q. It may be the novelty / newness talkin' but even after almost a month I'm still calling the prima my daily driver.

tubasco

Yep! The Solo was my first vape three years ago and was my daily at home vape until the prima..... i also have a Flowermate, an x max, had a firefly and an extreem q. It may be the novelty / newness talkin' but even after almost a month I'm still calling the prima my daily driver.
i ordered one. this flower mate mini is GREAT through glass at home, but not so much out and about. Hot vapor, short path... minimal production unless through the whip and glass rig I have at home.
This will be my "until my grasshopper gets here" vape... and, from the looks of things, maybe even after. (mmm... concentrate pad)

tubasco,

Frandemarco

Hmmm this is tough for me was thinking about the smartvape but now all of these great reviews on the prima has got me at a standstill. Can anyone possible compare the two? Or is it just to different to really compare?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hmmm this is tough for me was thinking about the smartvape but now all of these great reviews on the prima has got me at a standstill. Can anyone possible compare the two? Or is it just to different to really compare?

Elevape? Instant heat by inhale only to cook definitely very different from this, Prima is session constant cooker based. So its really on demand convection vs session conduction.

Both plenty portable, but Prima is more idiot proof I imagine, some have trouble with ESV since its completely manual powered (by breath) theres more variables, technique.

Prima is probably much easier, but Elevape can offer a strong single hit vs taking several in the Prima, though Prima has more accurate temp control I suppose. Both can do concentrates

Shit Snacks

I thought the Prima was conduction/convection, sort of like the Crafty

Could be, dont know wattage here, but Crafty is still a constant cooker with slow heat up too, I wouldn't really compare it to ESV either. Session vapes regardless, different experience

Shit Snacks

I just went to the Prima website. Without digging too much, they do call it a conduction/convection vape.

Yeah, so does Davinci with the Ascent, which I consider to be session conduction as well, so doesn't mean much to me. Session conduction is session conduction, here with herbs still constantly cooking from walls of a metal oven

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Thcgos

tubasco

Elevape? Instant heat by inhale only to cook definitely very different from this, Prima is session constant cooker based. So its really on demand convection vs session conduction.

Both plenty portable, but Prima is more idiot proof I imagine, some have trouble with ESV since its completely manual powered (by breath) theres more variables, technique.

Prima is probably much easier, but Elevape can offer a strong single hit vs taking several in the Prima, though Prima has more accurate temp control I suppose. Both can do concentrates
@Shit Snacks do you have a Prima? I'm not calling you out, I'm just curious as I wait for mine to arrive. I was under the impression that it works both via convection and conduction. You're calling it strictly a conduction session vape (which is the exact opposite of what i want... as I wait even longer for my hopper to arrive...)

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks do you have a Prima? I'm not calling you out, I'm just curious as I wait for mine to arrive. I was under the impression that it works both via convection and conduction. You're calling it strictly a conduction session vape (which is the exact opposite of what i want... as I wait even longer for my hopper to arrive...)

I do not, this is ofcourse just my take, I'm not saying its strictly conduction, just that it is definitely a constant cooking session vape, regardless of whether or not there is convection mixed in (as there almost always is in some capacity, even in a FlowerMate kinda) though something like a Solo/Air has more convection it still has a lot of conduction.

I'm more just talking automatic session vs manual on demand, as opposed to pure convection vs pure conduction necessarily. Though I can say ESV is pure convection at least, I have yet to try any session device that can compete with full on demand power...

tubasco

I do not, just my take, I'm not saying its strictly conduction, just that is definitely a constant cooking session vape, regardless of whether or not there is convection mixed in (as there almost always is some capacity, even in a FlowerMate in a sense, though something like a Solo/Air has more convection it still has a lot if conduction.

I'm more just talking automatic session vs manual on demand, as opposed to pure convection vs pure conduction necessarily... Though I can say ESV is pure convection at least
cool, thanks for clarifying... i see what you're saying.
I'm hoping to use the prima as a "one hitter" simply by only placing a pinch in the chamber. I haven't seen any reviews that talk about this though... i hope it works ok. I hated how my pax (that i lost, ugh) used up 80% of the oven every time, so basically i had to session with it. The pax sandwich made it the best conduction vape i've ever seen, however, because you could use the tiniest amount....

Shit Snacks

cool, thanks for clarifying... i see what you're saying.
I'm hoping to use the prima as a "one hitter" simply by only placing a pinch in the chamber. I haven't seen any reviews that talk about this though... i hope it works ok. I hated how my pax (that i lost, ugh) used up 80% of the oven every time, so basically i had to session with it. The pax sandwich made it the best conduction vape i've ever seen, however, because you could use the tiniest amount....

Yeah, given that I'll be interested to hear your experience with Prima, I mean that's why I'm even here at all, to see if Prima can offer something different. To date the best (most tasty and efficient) session conduction vape I've ever used was the original production Indica (first run), been a long time though so maybe I really do just prefer on demand pure convection now... Need to try more again

tubasco

I'll post a review of my impressions here, for sure. I'm kind of excited to use concentrate and flowers together in the same bowl!
It'll be here thursday.
(wish i could say the same for my hopper address verification!)

Mr Mellish

The new Prima has arrived and is charging! Should the air path tube be smooth on the mouthpiece end? Mine looks a bit jacked-up (not so much so that there is no flow but it looks like it was crushed a bit and a little fell off--so the end isn't smooth but has an imperfection).

tubasco

The new Prima has arrived and is charging! Should the air path tube be smooth on the mouthpiece end? Mine looks a bit jacked-up (not so much so that there is no flow but it looks like it was crushed a bit and a little fell off--so the end isn't smooth but has an imperfection).
that's how it is. it doesn't interfere with the unit working.
love mine, but it's not without slight annoyances... but I do LOVE it. zero problems so far.
I'll post a review soon, now that I've had mine a week

Top Bottom