Vapir Prima

Thcgos

Vape Addict
So I have gone through 1 bowl (used Gorilla Glue) each with the Crafty, Prima and then Mighty. I did them at 370 and heat setting 2 at about 5 mins each. Basically I'm pretty medicated but the Prima comes in last in the taste off. The Mighty had the best with the Crafty and Prima closely behind. All 3 have great taste and are awesome in their own way (but remembered why I use the Mighty every so often with the turn back on to extend session crap) but the Mighty takes the taste crown to me tonight.

Sorry smutman, I don't understand.
I've tried both crafty and mighty (I own the crafty), the flavour is exactly the same on both units. Maybe slightly cooler on the mighty (but that's stretching it in my opinion).
Maybe clean the crafty cooling unit?

Not trying to discredit you as you own more vapes than me.... But the flavour is identical in the crafty and mighty IMHO.
It's the same unit only with 27w vs 30w and a slightly larger cooling unit.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
The Mighty had the best with the Crafty and Prima closely behind

@Thcgos you miss this part? I guess, closely means there isn't much difference but there is a difference in the taste between the Crafty and the Mighty at 370 degrees roughly at 5 mins using Gorilla Glue #4. Albeit there isn't much difference but I could taste a slight difference.

Edit: If you're not putting the pad down first with some wax followed by a thin layer of bud on setting 3; then you're missing out on a truly medicating experience.

Last edited:

Thcgos

Vape Addict
@Thcgos you miss this part? I guess, closely means there isn't much difference but there is a difference in the taste between the Crafty and the Mighty at 370 degrees roughly at 5 mins using Gorilla Glue #4. Albeit there isn't much difference but I could taste a slight difference.

Edit: If you're not putting the pad down first with some wax followed by a thin layer of bud on setting 3; then you're missing out on a truly medicating experience.

No I didn't miss that part. That was the reason for my reply.
I'm saying that the crafty and mighty have litterally identical heater exchange elements and materials. Flavour is identical in my experience.
Which is why I was suggesting you clean both cooling units, perhaps the crafty cooling unit was dirty.
Just a suggestion, one that you haven't ruled out yet.

But I digress from this thread...

It's good to hear the Prima is a close second. In my book that's a very impressive feat in itself!!
How is the coolness of the vapor (in comparison)?

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
No I didn't miss that part. That was the reason for my reply.
I'm saying that the crafty and mighty have litterally identical heater exchange elements and materials. Flavour is identical in my experience.
Which is why I was suggesting you clean both cooling units, perhaps the crafty cooling unit was dirty.
Just a suggestion, one that you haven't ruled out yet.

But I digress from this thread...

It's good to hear the Prima is a close second. In my book that's a very impressive feat in itself!!
How is the coolness of the vapor (in comparison)?
Ruled out the cleaning because they were clean before I used them. I don't use my Mighty or Crafty that often and I clean out my vapes after each use. Around the first of each month I spend a Saturday morning and do a mass cleaning of all my vapes. There was a difference in taste, I know I was there lol.

On the coolness I do not recall. Been medicated since then (got some new glass today and started rearranging my enails and boom goes my brain).

smokey_da_vape

This little vaporizer is still impressing me every day. There is one gripe I have and that is I lost the brush/mouthpiece cover already and when I'm working I get lots of straw in the mouthpiece, it's a good thing that it's easy to clean!

kushbury

Finally did my reviw. My experience was great and coming from a mostly conduction background I was really appreciative the element of added convection.

Short story - better than Pax and Air for build and vaopr and just a hair below the Crafty and Mighty on vapor. Where the Prima blows the Crafty and Mighty away however is in the build quality and the fact that it has a removable battery.

http://www.kushbury.com/reviews-1/2015/10/18/vapir-prima-vaporizer-review

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
$259 on puffitup, yes it does look like a nice vape and it should be at that price. Too expensive for me at the mo.

lookhigh,

Mr. Me2

$259 on puffitup, yes it does look like a nice vape and it should be at that price. Too expensive for me at the mo.
Puffitup offers fc'ers a discount if that helps you. Not sure if they will allow it on this new Vape, but I bet they will

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: lookhigh

lookhigh

FC member
I haven't tried the discount code with this one. Still it would be relatively too expensive as discount works with other vapes.

lookhigh,

Mr. Me2

True, but from early reviews this one seems like a winner. Have you checked out the Firewood? I've been reading that thread and that one could be another big hit. Good price point too

Mr. Me2,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Email Randy for a better deal, discount code doesn't work for this product at moment I believe unless you add a cheap accessory. I am gonna save a bit for this with the power adapter and extra battery...Christmas is coming.

whatitdew,

ginolicious

Finally did my reviw. My experience was great and coming from a mostly conduction background I was really appreciative the element of added convection.

Short story - better than Pax and Air for build and vaopr and just a hair below the Crafty and Mighty on vapor. Where the Prima blows the Crafty and Mighty away however is in the build quality and the fact that it has a removable battery.

http://www.kushbury.com/reviews-1/2015/10/18/vapir-prima-vaporizer-review

That was a great review. I really enjoyed it. I'm pretty vaped right now also. But I think it might just be a superior buy over the crafty.

The one thing different about them two is the fact that the Crafty has a straw type inhalation method where the Prima is a lot smaller and less like a straw and more like a pax which feels award.

kushbury

That was a great review. I really enjoyed it. I'm pretty vaped right now also. But I think it might just be a superior buy over the crafty.

The one thing different about them two is the fact that the Crafty has a straw type inhalation method where the Prima is a lot smaller and less like a straw and more like a pax which feels award.
I think the Prima is totally a superior buy. The difference in vapor quality is negligible IMO but the build and battery make it a no brainer. I'm on my second week with it and my Solo and x max have never seen so much dust (sorry fellas!), the Prima has taken the place of both of them at the moment (Solo / at home, x max on the road).

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I think the Prima is totally a superior buy. The difference in vapor quality is negligible IMO but the build and battery make it a no brainer. I'm on my second week with it and my Solo and x max have never seen so much dust (sorry fellas!), the Prima has taken the place of both of them at the moment (Solo / at home, x max on the road).
nice! Mine comes this week :)

Frank Reynolds

Also (and I know it's early in release) there aren't pages full of people having to return their Prima like there are for the Crafty. That alone would make me pick a Prima over a Crafty if it was only between those two.

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Also (and I know it's early in release) there aren't pages full of people having to return their Prima like there are for the Crafty. That alone would make me pick a Prima over a Crafty if it was only between those two.

Bit of an unfair comparison. I think you'll find the first few months of crafty posts were pretty good too and no returns.
Crafty is up to 26,000+ units now with people putting 300+ hrs of pure use on them.

Maybe make the comparison again in a year, or after Prima even sells 10,000 units.

Frank Reynolds

Bit of an unfair comparison.
Nah, not really.

Now had I said that the Prima will DEFINITELY have less failures than the crafty over their entire life cycles...yeah, that would be kind of a ridiculous assumption.

But I'll take a brand new vaporizer from an established company that so far has zero known failures over a ~year old vaporizer from an established company that has and continues to have so many failures people have nicknamed it "the $300 disposable vaporizer."

ginolicious

I normally do not pack a full chamber of bud in a vaporizer. With the crafty you need to use a Concentrate pad or even a screen on top if you are not packing a full one. Does the same apply to the Prima? Or can you just pack how much you want without adding anything like a screen?

Top Bottom