vapir oxygen mini opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepope

Hi I just joined this forum and really don't know much about computers or vaporizers but I have a vapir oxygen mini coming in tomorrow .I read on some other thread or forum that you have to run it on high temp 3 or 4 times before you use it. Does anyone have any experience with this unit or did I get screwed ? I have never vaped before.....Hope I like it.

thepope,

thepope

Well the reason is ,I read some good stuff on it, and I read trash talk on it.

thepope,

Frickr

the reason why they tell you to cycle the heat on the unit is to burn off any of the oils and other contaminates on the heating unit and other parts. if you dont do this first you risk inhaling toxic fumes from some of the oils.

Frickr,

thepope

yea I understand that. but my questions are about performance, maintaining correct temp,longevity,and will the damned thing do what it's supposed to ?

thepope,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
thepope said:
Hi I just joined this forum and really don't know much about computers or vaporizers but I have a vapir oxygen mini coming in tomorrow .I read on some other thread or forum that you have to run it on high temp 3 or 4 times before you use it. Does anyone have any experience with this unit or did I get screwed ? I have never vaped before.....Hope I like it.
Well I wouldn't say you got screwed per say but let's just say that I had no problem letting a friend have mine. There's nothing wrong with the unit except it's not really made for continuous use. Mine broke after only 2 weeks of daily usage 3-4 hours a night. Lucky it was still under the 90 days warranty :/ . Let's just say that Vapir left a sour taste in my mouth and they wont be getting anymore money from me. Had I known back then what I know now... Anyways that being said it does do the job well enough when it works. Can't really complain except about it's durability and the taste at the beginning. I did show me how vaping could be awesome but left me wanting. Having a vape break down on you when you don't have a backup is *not* cool.

Skunkypete,

Beezleb

The Oxygen mini is reported to be unreliable but others have been using it happily. All vapes have positive and negative factors.

My advice is to let it run on high/cycle it and enjoy. Expect an initial plastic taste but it is reported to go away, maybe not as fast as some like but it is reported to go away. It said to maintain its temperature pretty good, you will probably see some fluctuations but this is normal and as you learn to vape you will learn to control the heat with the inhale.

Some people have said inhaling can be like a milkshake to others saying it was easy. I imagine the main factor is how full/packed the bowl is. I do not think your supposed to over pack it but those who use the vape can tell you better. Performance is said to be good but the biggest issues I have seen with it are that its longevity and loading the bowl is said to be a pain.

Experiment with it and get to know the vape and you may find you like it or not. Please write a review and let us know your experience with it.

Beezleb,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
TP, I agree with basically everything everyone said above. I hope some of it was helpful. I have used the Vapir Oxygen, but do not have any long-term experience with it to share other than what I know through my own personal research.
TP - Well the reason is ,I read some good stuff on it, and I read trash talk on it.
If you are able to specify some of the 'good stuff' you heard and some of the 'trash-talk' you heard, perhaps some VO owners, users and informed vaporists will be able to confirm/deny the rumors (i.e. I heard..., Vapir's website says..., I read on___..., etc.).
TP - yea I understand that. but my questions are about performance, maintaining correct temp,longevity,and will the damned thing do what it's supposed to ?
IM(limited)E, the VO preformed/maintained temps well enough to be worth using IMO. OTOH, I definitely recall reading many posts which addressed body-durability issues that often resulted in leaking (or worse :uhoh: ). Overall, Google and the various forums seem to be the most helpful for vape research (there's a lot of trash around the 'nuggets' of info sought, but you learn which avatars/names to look for after reading some posts). However, nothing beats your own personal experience and observations ;).

IMO, the VO can be a nice, portable, inexpensive (relatively), electric, convection vaporizer that may leave it's owner desiring a more durable vape.

Small Vaping tip: The play-by-play progression of trying to learn how to best use (a/your new) vape should look something like this
:/...:|...;)...:)...:p...:lol:...:rofl:...:ko:.....

Hope this helps.

Progress,

thepope

Small Vaping tip: The bowl-by-bowl progression of trying to learn how to best use (a/your new) vape should look something like this
:/...:|...;)...:)...:p...:lol:...:lmao:...:rofl:...:ko:.....

Hope this helps.
HA HA HA !!! Thats a good one. Nice people here! I hope it turns out like your smiles. Leave a small corbon footprint---Dont burn.....vaporize !

thepope,

max

Out to lunch
If it makes you feel any better/safer, the Mini is probably the most reliable Vapir (at least among the most popular models-One, Vapormatic, and Mini). There's no fan to worry about, just the LCD display. I know one guy who's owned one since early last year, and the last I heard he was very happy with it. It WILL NOT deliver the big hits of a full sized whip vape, but it will do the job.

My advice would be to save your lunch money for a good, dependable, non digital, home vape (this forum will clue you in on the good brands), and use the Vapir for portable use. Good luck with it. :)

max,

thepope

Hi, I got my oxygen mini this morning. Spent all morning heating and cooling etc.etc. about20 times. I put mouthpeice and tube and also the cover in one cup of hot water, placed it in microwave on high till the water boiled about 15-20 seconds then rinsed in cold water . I did this twice. It worked,no plastic taste at all !! I tried a little, and I mean a little bit of cheap ,well not the best stuff and WOW-----nice right now. Thanks for the great info.

thepope,

thepope

Well I've had the oxygen mini for almost 2 weeks and I think it's great ! I never had anything else to compare it to but I wish I would have known about vapes years ago. This is the best medication I have had for chronic pain and depression, except for morphine. This unit works so much better than twisting one.It does everything its designed to do,no more ,no less.Now if I don't have a longevety of service issue(knock on wood) it's money well spent. Thank you everyone for the help on choosing what to buy.

Leave a smaller carbon footprint........Don't burn....Vaporize

thepope,

Vaporholic

I just received my oxygen mini today (actually about 1/2 hour ago). All I can say is I'm orbiting the moon right now. :brow:

BTW, new here within the past week. Thanks all for the good advice.

Although yesterday I wasn't thrilled with some ISO I tried to make and then eat in some soup with butter. I tried to heat the butter with the iso hash to try and change the thca to thc, but I think I vaped it all up instead at 300F? Maybe not, because I'm pretty "experienced" and didn't use that much (no idea because I'm still waiting for my scale...it was a corner bag and some sticks).

Anyway, nice to meet everyone.

Vaporholic,

Vaporholic

Just a tip I've learned so far. Don't use the plastic mouth piece and tubing that comes with it. I think it lets too much air in. Just my :2c:

Vaporholic,

tradhead

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280313328418&ss
yeah Im curious, they are reacting to the II I think and dropping price... I might get one to try , mind you saying that an II went for 75 yesterday! so we can see the markup!

I bet there is panic in the vape production world with the II taking off... but I wouldnt worry if I were them. I think time will show the hype in its true colours...Probably a good time to buy a vape in the next few months while the II is new and the competition panics! should see some more price drops perhaps..:)

tradhead,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
trad, the deal was that you'd stop about the I-inhale. Still you're taking subtle potshots at every opportunity.

I know your unit failed and you're upset. If you want to fight, take it to court; you're both in Ireland. This forum is not the place for personal crusades of that nature.

It really goes without saying that a portable vape isn't the best bet for 24/7 use. Chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

Seriously, you've rubbed many members the wrong way, including mods and some of our nicest members. It's not us being unreasonable here. Please do not continue to do these things. I know you're a cool guy so I hope you'll play nice.

To reiterate: Please do not post in any I-inhale threads or post about the I-inhale anywhere on this forum.

vtac,

Rmpl Stltskn

I got one of the Oxygen minis when they first came out. I ran several "burn-off" cycles, but I could still see visible wisps of something coming out of the chamber (without the mouthpiece on) and it smelled like something I didn't want to be breathing. I talked with the tech support a Vapir (everyone that I dealt with from the company was helpful) and they sent me a new unit. Same story. I even ran it overnight, then let it cool and did it again. Then I returned it.

I never put anything in the unit to test the actual operation, so I can't speak about it effectiveness. Not knowing what was in the fumes coming off of it, but knowing that it smelled wrong, completely defeated the purpose.
Another observation: the "battery-pack" looks like a collection of rechargeable AA's taped together, and doesn't give the impression of quality.

That said, I have to give the company credit for trying. My first vape years ago was the original Vapir, and there wasn't much like the Oxygen when it came out. If they come out with a completely new vape I would still consider trying it, even though I'm not impressed with anything they have currently. I have to admit they are innovative, even if their execution of those ideas has been lackluster so far.

Rmpl Stltskn,

lwien

The other thing is, is that they only have a 90 day warranty and if you want a longer one, you have to pay extra. Considering how problematic these vapes are, their warranty just adds insult to injury.

lwien,

CuttyBuddy

Rmpl Stltskn said:
I got one of the Oxygen minis when they first came out. I ran several "burn-off" cycles, but I could still see visible wisps of something coming out of the chamber (without the mouthpiece on) and it smelled like something I didn't want to be breathing. I talked with the tech support a Vapir (everyone that I dealt with from the company was helpful) and they sent me a new unit. Same story. I even ran it overnight, then let it cool and did it again. Then I returned it.

I never put anything in the unit to test the actual operation, so I can't speak about it effectiveness. Not knowing what was in the fumes coming off of it, but knowing that it smelled wrong, completely defeated the purpose.
Another observation: the "battery-pack" looks like a collection of rechargeable AA's taped together, and doesn't give the impression of quality.

That said, I have to give the company credit for trying. My first vape years ago was the original Vapir, and there wasn't much like the Oxygen when it came out. If they come out with a completely new vape I would still consider trying it, even though I'm not impressed with anything they have currently. I have to admit they are innovative, even if their execution of those ideas has been lackluster so far.
Man you were smart. My dumb ass inhaled and inhaled and inhaled that VERY first hit. OMG I will NEVER FORGET TASTE. IT WAS NASTY. It took me all night to get rid of the taste in my mouth. Their engineers or designers messed up bigtime using that redish gluey crap. Did you guys see the picture I posted in my review link posted above?

CuttyBuddy,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
Ok first let me say I KNOW FIRST HAND that this vape is stealth enough to get by a cop
I was pulled over today and my car searched. I was asked if had anything illeagal I told the cop I had an herbal
vaporizer in the car, he then asked me if I had any drugs in the car I said no that I did use cannabis medicinally (the cop said that was new one on him so then i had to proceed to tell him that it was Medical Marijuana) but I didnt carry cannabis with me and he was free to search my car that all I had was an herbal vaporizer in my car this is what i had in my car
2.jpg
either he didnt care or didnt know, what i do know is I drove away with my freedom and my vape.

Regarding the plastic taste it does go away after some use it took about 2-3 months of using it 4-5 times a week before the taste finally went away. I also would chime in that users be careful about that plastic tab on the end of the adapter and battery it will break off just like a telephone cord and network cable both do. I have a few solutions if anyone is in need of a fix for that

umpnum14,

XenoChrist

Does anyone have any experience with this vaporizer? It's listed at 99$ with free shipping, and looks pretty great. Does the outer cylinder get hot?

XenoChrist,

Budz Bunny

I think you will find that they were not too bad, but with newer vapes like the Launch Box it kinda became obsolete.

Budz Bunny,

XenoChrist

This vape seems more interesting to me than the launch box, with the rechargeable battery and temperature dial.

It seems like a good substitute for the iolite at a much better price also. I don't a have a vaporizer yet but I think I'd like it as my first piece.

XenoChrist,

chucku

Charles Urbane
XenoChrist said:
This vape seems more interesting to me than the launch box, with the rechargeable battery and temperature dial.

It seems like a good substitute for the iolite at a much better price also. I don't a have a vaporizer yet but I think I'd like it as my first piece.
Do not be conned by their slick web site. The $99.99 package does not include the car adapter or external battery. Both of which are very expensive extras. The external battery pack appears to be nothing more than 10 AAA rechargables wired together in series shrinkwrapped together and if their illustration is correct they use crap batteries you can only get from them. They also use way too much plastic where there should be none. Do not be surprised if the 'matrix' tube melts inside the cap. I had a Vapir One for my first convection vape. Did it work? Yes it did but after getting my Extreme and Vapor Genie I could not subject myself or anyone else to this piece of crap. It also leaked vapor like a sieve. Aside from having to run a noisy fan from the instant it is powered on until cooled down after use it is a decent concept very poorly executed. Also note their standard warranty is only 90 days. Anything more starts at $49.99 additional. The Oxygen must be tethered to the wall, car adapter or external battery. It has no internal battery. Do not make a $99.99 learning experience. Either the Magic Flight Launch Box (at slightly less cost) or the Vapor Genie (at half the cost) are superior alternatives that as long as they are not abused will provide years of stellar service.

chucku,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom