Discontinued Vapir NO2

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use my NO2 daily. It works well, and does not leech toxins.
The thermostat is accurate. The vape is one of my favorites!

Vitolo,
Reactions: Solomon

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Vitolo said:
I use my NO2 daily. It works well, and does not leech toxins.
The thermostat is accurate. The vape is one of my favorites!

+1 I use it daily and could no go without it anymore.

Vaporisateur,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Tim said:
I think the route we're going with is "safe until proven otherwise."

As long as you let it air out and burn off, the residue and smell goes away.

Not to stir the hornets up, but that's not my experience or that of several others who were never able to get the unit from smelling very bad. Just wanted to clarify

Nice that it appears temp accurate, though. That's a big plus.

willieR,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes. It is best to do as recommended by the manufacturer, and charge unit completely before 1st use. This serves 2 purposes.
1- unit gets charged
2- smell dissipates
There is a packing smell that came from the fin area's final "pressing process". The units were initially packed immediately after the final press, and this is no longer the case.
In the case of those that buy units that are not pre-aired... the anxious user that does not read the instructions, or chooses to ignore them runs the risk, of dragging a plastic essence from the fin area, through the heated unit and into the tube they will be vaping through, and then you can taste an essence.
At our pain center we have gone up from 9 patients with NO2s to 16 now.
All read the directions, and let unit sit and charge.
Not one has a smell.
:peace:

Vitolo,

budballer

So why isn't this unit more popular then? I'm just curious. It seems like a great product. Portable, temp accurate, very efficient..

budballer,

lwien

budballer said:
So why isn't this unit more popular then? I'm just curious. It seems like a great product. Portable, temp accurate, very efficient..

In the overall vaporizer market, I would imagine that it is VERY popular, far outselling some of the most popular units mentioned here at FC.

But here at FC, we are a pretty knowledgable group when it comes to vaporizers. Vapir has had some major quality control issues in the past, everything from leaking vapor to very bad smell and tastes, along with units just flat out not working, and I have no doubt that these concerns filter down to their most recent products as well. Some very qualified users here have expressed some concerns regarding the N02. At the exact same time that these concerns were being expressed, there were a few people who joined FC and their very first post, and ONLY posts, came in to say that they were all wrong and that the N02 had no such issues. This raised suspicions as to who these new members really were and if they were affiliated with Vapir in any way, which further exasperated the problem.

Recently, however, there have been some quality members here who state that their experience with the NO2 has been more than satisfactory, so maybe, Vapir has addressed these issues, and for the most part, the NO2 may in fact be a quality vape.

For me, considering that there are other vapes on the market that have never experienced the same, apparently QC issues, that have plagued Vapir products in general, I would continue to recommend other alternatives.

lwien,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
A few issues with bad smells by some members and it became dogma around here. Till Vitolo! :lol: I'm tempted to try one now!......

And I think it seems pretty popular in the wider world outside of FC- just judging by availability and if numbers is anything to go by?

edit: goddam it lwein, you beat me again. 2nd time in a few posts!

WatTyler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I will say that I think Vapir is trying to improve customer service.
They have been addressing other issues as well. To me this is a good point.. the fact that issues are done being discovered, and NO2 is no longer a "baby'.
I am interested in some of the newer innovations, but they are just that,... new. I am still reading about "fixes'.. and "workarounds". and also what the issues are. Obviously nobody has had to look to warranty yet, or to access parts as of yet. All of this will affect my decision to try newer models on the market.
For now I have my 4 favorite vapes (5 if you let me count my 2nd LB with PA as a unit), and the NO2 is among those!

Vitolo,

budballer

Haha thanks guys, just trying to find my ideal vape. I hope that vapir is addressing qc issues. Hopefully they'll clean their rep.

budballer,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
The store were I bought my NO2 said they sold approx 25 in the last 6 months or so and not a single return. Some clients actually came back to express their satisfaction with the product.

I feel there is a little snobbery towards the NO2 here on FC for the reasons explained by brother Iwen but I believe it is a good portable vape and it's cheap.

Vaporisateur,

Tim

willieR said:
Tim said:
I think the route we're going with is "safe until proven otherwise."

As long as you let it air out and burn off, the residue and smell goes away.

Not to stir the hornets up, but that's not my experience or that of several others who were never able to get the unit from smelling very bad. Just wanted to clarify

Nice that it appears temp accurate, though. That's a big plus.

I was just talking about the norm, and quoting a mod (I believe). I'm sure there are many more users who have working units as opposed to the "plasticky" ones. It's really unfortunate that Vapir let the fiasco happen in the first place, because this is an AMAZING little device. It gives me consistent hits all the way through, and with temperature control to boot. And it can go cordless! I take it with me when I can, but if I can't, I just throw the MFLB in my pocket.

I really believe that if the first few units reviewed on FC weren't defective, this thread would have a lot more visitors/posters. Fortunately for me, I ordered mine before I wade through this thread at the time, and (again) fortunately, I got a good unit!

Hopefully Vapir does a better job about it the next time around. I'm still glad the NO2 was my first vaporizer. Learned quite a bit from owning one!

EDIT: Forgot a sentence.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
lwien said:
budballer said:

In the overall vaporizer market, I would imagine that it is VERY popular, far outselling some of the most popular units mentioned here at FC.

But here at FC, we are a pretty knowledgable group when it comes to vaporizers. Vapir has had some major quality control issues in the past, everything from leaking vapor to very bad smell and tastes, along with units just flat out not working, and I have no doubt that these concerns filter down to their most recent products as well. Some very qualified users here have expressed some concerns regarding the N02. At the exact same time that these concerns were being expressed, there were a few people who joined FC and their very first post, and ONLY posts, came in to say that they were all wrong and that the N02 had no such issues. This raised suspicions as to who these new members really were and if they were affiliated with Vapir in any way, which further exasperated the problem.

Recently, however, there have been some quality members here who state that their experience with the NO2 has been more than satisfactory, so maybe, Vapir has addressed these issues, and for the most part, the NO2 may in fact be a quality vape.

For me, considering that there are other vapes on the market that have never experienced the same, apparently QC issues, that have plagued Vapir products in general, I would continue to recommend other alternatives.

What is happening here? :D Have you got fever Lwien?
Willer, do you have same symptoms?
LoL...

FLskwat,

Adaox

FLskwat said:
LoL...

Quiet shill! We aren't done vapir bashing yet!

In all seriousness though, one question that keeps getting asked about is the battery indicator. So from what I can tell, it responds like most cars do with their gas tank readings... based on CURRENT usage how "full" the tank (battery) is. So that's why the battery readings are always a bit iffy. While it's heating up it expends more energy, so it takes away two bars... also the higher you vape, the harder you're working the battery. So the battery reading is fairly accurate when you keep all that in mind. :/

Big downside is that due to it's adjustability and peoples habits I can't say how long YOUR battery is going to last. Mine generally lasts a good hour easily, hour and a half if I use it nonstop.

Enjoy your no2!

Adaox,

lwien

FLskwat said:
LoL...

You're right. I DID have a fever. I'm feeling better now. FUCK VAPIR !! :mad:

;) Just kiddin'..........

Adaox said:
FLskwat said:
LoL...

Quiet shill! We aren't done vapir bashing yet!
LOL. I feel like I'm being stalked. The only time you show up in this thread, Adaox, is when I post here.

lwien,

budballer

Can anyone compare efficiency of this unit to the herbalaire or typical log vape? Specifically the PD. thanks again!

budballer,

lwien

Vito has said that it is as efficient as his Zap, but this is the only person that I think I've heard ever state that.

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien said:
Vito has said that it is as efficient as his Zap, but this is the only person that I think I've heard ever state that.

I love my Zap more for it's Beauty, and it' classy appearance. It is also very efficient.
The NO2 just seems to use the same amount of herb, but gives me a number of further pulls than my Zap, and leaves my ABV a consistantly deeper tan.
My log vape is easier to use. It has more ways it can be used, and accessorized. I use my Zap alot more often during a daily routine than my NO2. When a new visitor wants to see a vape.. I show my log vape first, due to it's uniqueness. You can load and do a couple of pulls and empty the stem more easily with a log vape.
The NO2 still seems to get the most out of the herb being used.
EDIT: I must make one more observational clarification.
The NO2 will handle any grind or freshness of herb, and efficiently vape it. No special preparation of weed is needed.
On the other hand, if your herb is of the correct grind, and consistent dryness, and your loading is done with a consistent hand... once you have it down to a "pattern" the Zap becomes more efficient.
:)

Vitolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
The NO2 was interesting to me. I like the idea of a dialed in temp. Still not sure if the temp is accurate, but it's a simple thing to get an accurate digital temp these days, so I assume it's accurate. That's a good thing.

I'm sure mine would be considered defective these days. I was told I was SOL, so not a great way to start a vaporizer love affair. I'll also never buy from that dealer again. The smell remains to this day, almost a year later. I'm glad others don't have this issue.

This smell started me really thinking about plastics, solder flux and other things that may affect my health. Material choice, and manufacturing care became a concern, so I went another route with vapes. I find satisfaction with the knowledge that I now have a clean burning system with little chance of off-gassing components or solder flux, etc. That's just my choice. For me it's peace of mind.

My only grudge is when people describe what I (and others) have experienced as a "plastic smell that goes away." That is clearly not what I have experienced.

willieR,

Adaox

lwien said:
LOL. I feel like I'm being stalked. The only time you show up in this thread, Adaox, is when I post here.

I wasn't even responding to you :/

You're not that important.

WillieR continues to impress me with his stand on this unit, given his less than reputable dealer....

So I went to the shady store and got a great price on the shady item. OHMAGAWD IT DOESN'T WORK PERFECT!!!! Must be EVERY unit. I wouldn't be surprised that a bulk of the complaints are coming from the grey market :/

I on the other hand have surrendered to the facts. Based on sales and trends, the no2 seems to be a solid vape for it's intended market. This notion that it's not perfect so I'll recommend other units til I die ideology is funny to me too, given that people that want THIS vape want it for it's features... which to date haven't been replicated to the point of having a decent alternative. (I'd actually say the Hipi Incognito is the closest contender WITH the Hipi PPS, but that's an extra accessory.)

BTW for the record, I've had a hard time knocking my no2 off it's "vapor bong king" pedestal. At least in my home. (Then again I haven't gotten a chance to try a cloud yet. >.>)

Adaox,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Adaox said:
You're not that important.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adaox said:
WillieR continues to impress me with his stand on this unit, given his less than reputable dealer....

So I went to the shady store and got a great price on the shady item. OHMAGAWD IT DOESN'T WORK PERFECT!!!! Must be EVERY unit.

Nice fairy tale. Do me a favor and ignore my posts, please. My life will be enriched.

For the rest of the readership-at-large, I'm quite sure that if my NO2 didn't (still) have these issues, I'd love it. I've stated early in this thread that the unit has a great number of attributes. Especially for the price

willieR,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I still love my Vapir NO2.
I still feel it is SUPER efficient, and gives me a very long session, on a minute amount of herb, which it browns perfectly uniformly.
What I am saying, is that I can't think of any way to change it's function... BUT.. that doesn't mean I don't like to play!
VTV Presents:
An experiment with the NO2, and a $3.50 mini Bubbler

Touch to view video.
The experiment was only a partial success... but I got "medicated" and had fun!

Vitolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Well, the NO2 by itself clearly can put out huge clouds, so likely a seal issue. Another fun video, though.

Months ago there was a fellow in this thread looking to mod the NO2. Simply replace a few parts. I loosely followed his goal. Haven't heard back.

I suspect the initial need is gone now, as we're not hearing complaints on this thread like before. I expect Vapir cleaned up their act. Maybe we helped move that along a bit. That would be nice.

I wish I could use mine. I was really looking forward to playing around with the different effects at different temps. I would not mind having a funtional NO2 in my arsenal. I'm just not going to buy a second one.

willieR,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The NO2 doesn't produce huge clouds on each pull.. but I guess no vape with limited contents do.
The seal was definitely shoddy at best.. I was just having some fun!
I will agree with you. We here did help with bringing issues we had our doubts about to Vapirs attention. We are a force, not to be taken lightly when it comes to telling it like it is!
Tell me what's wrong with your unit willieR. I may have an answer. If you don't want to discuss it here, PM me or send an email. (I'd like to help)

Vitolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Hi Vito. Thank you for wanting to help. I now believe that some early units had some sloppy soldering or similar. Over a few episodes, I have heated the unit for hours on end, trying to burn off whatever is the source. Improved a bit after first burn-in, then no further improvement. Back when I was doing this, I brought it to work so I could re-set the unit every so often. People came by asking what the smell was, was plastic burning, etc. It is quite noxious.

This is not the new plastic smell that other have referred to. That smell dissipates quickly it seems.

So While I very much appreciate the offer to help Vito, this unit is fundamentally flawed. I assume new units are fine. My gripe is that Vapir, by way of the authorized dealer, did not make good on a clearly defective unit when they knew there was an issue with several.

willieR,
Top Bottom