Discontinued Vapir NO2

willieR

Been here since 2009
You're so helpful on all sorts of threads and I hate to see you frustrated with such a useless side topic. I wish there was an ignore feature that let us simply not see certain members' posts.

willieR,

lwien

Yeah....... Unfortunately, for me, I really get sucked into a thread or post that doesn't make any sense and I try to bring some clarity to it, but sometimes, it's like trying to extinguish a volcano by pissing on it. ;)

Anyways, I "should" know better by now.

Thanks for the wake-up slap. :)

lwien,

willieR

Been here since 2009
lwien said:
Unfortunately, for me, I really get sucked into a thread or post that doesn't make any sense and I try to bring some clarity to it

I think people can see some of these recent silly posts for what they really are. I know what you mean, but there's no reason to waste our time and energy explaining why they're silly. It's obvious why.

willieR,

Adaox

I'm still waiting for my points to be answered. :)

By the way. What are you two contributing here other than derailment?

Adaox,

willieR

Been here since 2009
lwien said:
I really get sucked into a thread or post that doesn't make any sense and I try to bring some clarity to it,

Remember lwien, things are still pretty clear in this thread. :)

willieR,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
A little post to say I "sold" my NO2 to one of my good buddies (friend's price of course) who only wanted that vape in my collection (he tested it extensively) and as he was spamming/harassing me daily to have it... I had to! :lol:

I was happy with that vape (I am also happy with my other portables), and nedless to say I gave a non defective unit to my buddy and he is satisfied! ;)

Oh BTW Lwien: something that might be interesting about our previous discussion here, but that is out-of-topic:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=121088#p121088
;)

FLskwat,

Adaox

FLskwat said:
A little post to say I "sold" my NO2 to one of by good buddies (friend's price of course) who only wanted that vape in my collection (he tested it extensively) and as he was spamming/harassing me daily to have it... I had to! :lol:

I was happy with that vape (I am also happy with my other portables), and nedless to say I gave a non defective unit to my buddy and he is satisfied! ;)

Oh BTW Lwien: something that might be interesting about our previous discussion here, but that is out-of-topic:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=121088#p121088
;)

You were my only friend here! :(

Btw for the record, it's my firm belief that todays no2s are by and large "non defective" units and the samples here are based on their early units. (most problems with ANY unit happen within the first year or release)

The other thing I was tempted to do is post all the no2 reviews posted by OWNERS. That would make this thread much more objective since I don't think anyone has been proven to be a shill. 1 post or 1000. A review by an owner vs comments by someone with a beef with the manufacturer based on there HISTORY. (not to say that speculation isn't warranted in that case, but I think this has gone way past honest speculation)
:2c: and :peace:

Adaox,

Cairo1

Not mine either. This person professes a lot. Not sure where this great insight is coming from.

- Thousands and thousands of these things are selling

- Manufacturers don't care to read and follow their customers comments on web forums.

- The few problem units were made early, but don't worry all problems are behind us.

Cairo1,

Adaox

Cairo1 said:
Not mine either. This person professes a lot. Not sure where this great insight is coming from.

- Thousands and thousands of these things are selling

- Manufacturers don't care to read and follow their customers comments on web forums.

- The few problem units were made early, but don't worry all problems are behind us.

Go talk to retailers that carry the no2. They sell. And they sell well. Yes hundreds of these have been and will be sold. Not a great insight.

We'll just skip your second "insight" since that's a moot point when it comes to the unit being effective or not.

I never said that. By and large != all. In any case though yes. The iolite had problems early on. They fixed it. Problem over. Given that vapir hasn't posted here doesn't mean they haven't fixed their unit.

The iPhone 4 is a great example of first gen units gone bad. Apple didn't go on fuckandroid.com, and post the fixes and changes to their unit. They did it on their official forums. not to mention most of the time, all we are told as consumers is "bug fixes". They just said handle it.

As a MEMBER who posts in this thread I've been very turned off. A dealer vaporizers.ca tried to support those WITH no2s and the facts (to the best of his knowledge) and has left this thread again.

Btw I don't like the iolite or vg. I don't post in those threads. MY experience wasnt great. I have nothing to contribute there...

Adaox,

Adaox

willieR said:
That's your firm belief, eh? Not mine.

max said:
I have placed herb in it, and as such it cannot be returned per the dealer.
Your dealer may not want to be involved in the warranty process, but no vape manufacturer that's interested in staying in business is going to refuse to repair/replace a unit. You just need to do the best you can to clean it before returning it. If there were any vape makers out there trying to save $ by screwing customers out of their warranty, we'd know about it sooner or later. And Vapir has been around a long time.

PoopMachine said:
I realize that even tho I'm a "new" member, anything I post will come off as being a shill but I assure you guys, not so.
This thread is a major reason for statements like that, and we're not going to tolerate members putting 'shill' or 'company plant' labels on others anymore. Two members in particular were recently labeled as shill and scam artist, and although neither one was guilty of the claimed offense, the damage was done.

And for those of you who have already stated your negative opinion of this vape, please move on if you have nothing new to offer. And that should be the case if you haven't actually used this model. We're not going to turn this into a 'bash Vapir' thread, and we don't want to run off current and prospective members because they're using models or brands that some of us would not choose to buy. The N02 is a good option as a portable, and unlike previous offerings, actually has a decent warranty (1 yr). stonemonkey55, who has probably used most of the decent vapes on the market, said he'd give it 2 thumbs up if not for the taste issue. Others have said the taste doesn't bother them. If you think the taste may be a deal breaker for you, it's probably best to avoid this model, but let's have an end to the Vapir bash fest.

Quoted for good measure. You've said your same line a few times over. Its getting old. Got anything new to contribute? :)

Adaox,

stricknine

I had posted earlier (March 3) that I was buying a NO 2 and said I would give my opinion after trying it out for a while.

I have an Extreme, PD, MFLB, Iolite, and now NO 2.

When I first turned it on I smelt the plastic everyone talks about. It smelt new, like firing up a stove the first time or something like that. I let it burn by itself for almost an entire battery at 195C.

Charged it all night. Next morning...Dead Battery...or so I thought. Read the manual and discovered that the side switch had to be in the up position for it to charge. My fault. At first I figured, yes they warned about the battery not lasting in FC

Charging up the battery, I got the noise everyone talks about. Now for those of you have never experienced "ringing in the ears". If you have heard the battery on the NO 2 being charged you now know what people with that problem hear all day and all night. IMO, the noise made by the battery charging is no big deal. (IF you are only hearing it temporarily, for a lifetime it sucks)

Anyway charged it up ...no smell anymore, loaded it and was extremely pleased with the result.

It is now my main vape for travel and home use. I absolutely love it.

The first time I sat by my wife on the couch with it she said "that is a disgusting looking device", she doesn't partake. I believe that was mentioned in here also as to the shape of the unit.

All in all, a lot of the comments are justified and I recognized some of the faults mentioned.
But, I really like the NO 2, I smell no more plastic smell and am comfortable using it health wise.

I hope in the future nothing comes out to prove I was wrong. :/

stricknine,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Thanks for the update S9. Some units must have more contact with whatever stinks than others. Mine still stinks.

willieR,

al bundy

Vaporist
my friend got this vape about a week ago.
and i used it yesterday.

i think this thing is great.
no plastic smell or taste. gave great hits.
all on battery power hits.
(better than my MFLB that i only use batteries with
waiting for the Power Adapter to compare....)

i also used his Extreme Q no fan just whip , and that was a little better than the N02 in my opinion.
i liked both but I think the Extreme is a little better
than the N02
then the MFLB. and i love my MFLB.

i hope/expect the MFLB Power Adapter will lift the Box to the same level as the N02.or Extreme even.

If he has any problems or issues with the N02 i will post them.going to go there to use it again right now.

al bundy,

daybrightener

Special Agent 4Twenty!
I just ordered mine; will post comments after I get the unit.

Curious about the smell. From reading posts sounds like some units smell and some don't? Is this just a personal relevence or somthing like that? Or do some of these units actually have an issue.

a Previous poster mentioned dry burning a whole battery charge before actually trying the unit and that seemed to get rid of the smell.

I'm excited to try the unit. I appreciated all the thorough reviews.

daybrightener,

as1504

I am very new to vaping. I am not 100% clear on how I know that I am taking a proper hit. I am used to smoking out of a bowl by myself and all I know that it is not the same. Here I are my questions:

1. How deeply do I inhale? Do I inhale the same way as I would when I am using the combustion method?

2. How do I know when the weed is done?

3. Do I hold in the vapor and then exhale it the same way as I would with a bowl?

I would really appreciate it if anyone with experience could give me full instructions with the eye toward explaining it to a vaping ignoramus newbie. Thanks.

:/

as1504,

willieR

Been here since 2009
daybrightener said:
I just ordered mine; will post comments after I get the unit.

Curious about the smell. From reading posts sounds like some units smell and some don't? Is this just a personal relevence or somthing like that? Or do some of these units actually have an issue.

a Previous poster mentioned dry burning a whole battery charge before actually trying the unit and that seemed to get rid of the smell.

I'm excited to try the unit. I appreciated all the thorough reviews.

Some of the units apparently are OK. Some may just smell a little. Some smeel very, very bad. Follow the many posts from many people in this thread and you'ss see what I mean. The smell isn't a personal preference sort of thing. When they smell, they smell very bad. Hazardous sort of smell. THe kind of smell you would know is not safe to inhale.

I brought mine to the office twice to just let sit and burn off. I'd hit the battery re-set throughout the day to keep it going. People woulk stop by and wonder what the hell the odor was. There was no organic material in this ever at that time. So this was no sublte smell.

willieR,

Blacksolidus

Hey everyone, I'm new to FC.
I read this hole thread after I ordered the NO2 about a week and a half ago. All this take about the plastic smell/taste got me worried that my NO2 might be a bad one. I was still excited to get it non-the-less. When I got the NO2 I was happy there wasn't any strong plastic smell. There was just that new product smell. I also did the burn in and put the tube and mouth piece in hot water. After the first couple hits off this thing I couldn't taste anything but the herb. So glad I got a good one. I've been using the NO2 for a little over a week now and am loving it. Before the NO2 I was using a Vapor Genie for a long time. Sadly these are the only 2 vapes I've tried, but whatever.

There have already been a few cons about my NO2 that a few people have already mentioned in this thread. The battery display doesn't work correctly. After and over night charge I heat it up (while plugged in) then unplug it and the battery life goes down to 1 bar. As long as this thing stays on this little problem won't bother me. The battery itself also started making a noise but I have to put my ear on the vape to hear it so thats also not a huge problem for me.

All in all I like this vape a lot. I just hope it stays functional for a long time

Blacksolidus,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
as1504 said:
I am very new to vaping. I am not 100% clear on how I know that I am taking a proper hit. I am used to smoking out of a bowl by myself and all I know that it is not the same. Here I are my questions:

1. How deeply do I inhale? Do I inhale the same way as I would when I am using the combustion method?

2. How do I know when the weed is done?

3. Do I hold in the vapor and then exhale it the same way as I would with a bowl?

I would really appreciate it if anyone with experience could give me full instructions with the eye toward explaining it to a vaping ignoramus newbie. Thanks.

:/
Hey man, welcome to FC.

1. Pretty much the same way is you would when combusting. Slow steady draw until your lungs are full and then hold for a while.

2. There will be a distinct change in taste of the vapor, a lot of people say the taste is something like burnt popcorn. You will also notice the vapor get thinner as you exhale until there is nothing left. Its then time to fill a fresh bowl.

3. Hold the vapor in a little longer than you would with smoke, 10 seconds is usually plenty.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask, we were all new to this stuff at one time. ;)

nuvap,

plaifol

I recently purchased an NO2 and thought I would add my two cents worth. I've owned a Vapezilla and currently have a Volcano Classic, MFB and an NO2.

I'm a medical user and really hate to smoke so I went in search of something for travel. I did the burn in before using the NO2 and don't have any plastic smell or taste. As previously noted the battery indicator doesn't report the battery life accurately. Mine drops very fast but keeps on working.

I have found that the life of the battery is really good when you leave it on but turning it off and bringing it back up to heat really uses up the battery. I will probably just get a second battery.

I don't find I loose much if I heat it up with the herb already loaded. I lean towards putting it in first just for convenience. Getting the used herb out is really easy as long as you do while it's still hot. Just a little shake usually does the trick. Loading is also very easy.

The important part; the vapor is great. It is currently my vaporizer of choice when mobile.

I understand that for many, being a vapir product the jury is still out. In my view it works well and appears to be well built.

plaifol,

Coolglow

Bought a Vapir No2 and got the smell. It was horrible. I was trying to give up smoking at the time but by the end of two weeks I was actually dreading having to use it. Then black smoke started coming from the bowl. Then it died. The smoke seemed to come from the contact from the screen and heating element thingy. Basically it looked like the screen had melted a bit. For a few days I had to run it hot for 20 mins to clear the black smoke, then when it died I thought, fuck this, I paid 130 for this shit. Sent it back to the UK supplier and they were very good and sent me a brand new replacement. No smell! So I can confirm some smell and some don't! It actually isn't that bad a vape (my experience is limited though)!

However, the new unit came with the screen inserted at the top of the bowl, as shown in this vid (about 1min 30 secs in) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTw4bclNSNo

I assume they are are packing them like this now as it was brand new, out of the box. This prevents the bottom of the screen contacting the bowl but leaves it with a much reduced capacity. I would say the capacity is reduced by about 75%. I cant be arsed refilling it 4 times to get mellow. The vapor it produces is nice - very nice and could have been my day to day vape, but as it is, if I push the screen down then it could break again, and the chambers too small in its current configuration.

Ordering an MFLB. I guess the Vapir No2 is ok if you get one without a smell, and can get stoned on a very small amount. I can really see though how people's experience with this unit can differ so much. If I had only got the unit that didnt smell I could have come on here saying, it doesnt smell, it doesnt smell! But some do!

Coolglow,

lwien

Coolglow said:
If I had only got the unit that didnt smell I could have come on here saying, it doesnt smell, it doesnt smell! But some do!

I think that's the general consensus. Some smell, some don't. It's a gamble if you're going to get a good one or not. Vapir's quality control strikes again. Sure, you can get a bad vape from any manufacturers line, but with Vapirs product, both past and present, it seems that the odds are higher that you'll get a bad one as compared to other products on the market.

lwien,
Top Bottom