Discontinued Vapir NO2

Adaox

willieR said:
[/snip]

At this point given the size and shape, the iolite still seems to be in the front when it comes to "put it in your pocket" stealth. I'm very tempted to get a magic launch box, however. That company has a good vibe.

If stealth is your priority please get the mflb! It's quite awesome in that department, it doesn't however match the no2 when it comes to vape thickness (but then again fat clouds are hardly stealthy, so I keep telling myself it's a feature! :p)

As to the black stuff at the bottom of my tube... ELECTRICAL TAPE! With a pair of O rings at the end. My early solution to getting the no2 into a cheep bong. Now I've since gotten a GonG attachment, and a nice 2 footer to go with it. :)

Adaox,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I should just keep my blood pressure down and stop looking at this thread. Just reminds me how much cash and time I completely wasted with this thing.

I agree on the MFLB, however. Built by a company that clearly cares. Responsible construction with safe materials. What a great and novel idea...

willieR,

allmotorlbc

my no2 vapir battery... i believe, is broke, wtf?????? i just bought this man, this is some bull has this happened to anybody??

allmotorlbc,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
What are the symptomes?
It isn't charging?
It doesn't run cordless?

Tell us a bit more if you want some answers. Anyway, I've got a 2 years warranty on the N02 (most people have a 1 year one), and I would definitely use it in that case (refund or replace).

FLskwat,

rtwoite

My old vapir reeked and leaked. It just wasn't airtight and it smelled of plastic and gave me a headache every time. I had the impression that vaping was terrible and that some people must do it just to be smug and contrary until the planets aligned and the unit finally gave a decent hit. This was several days after I had first used the unit. I was surprised and enjoyed it despite my headache. I guess I then felt smug and contrary. haha.

I boiled the tubing in hot water with spearmint for a while and that cut down a little on the plastic smell. Every time I replaced a whip with my VB I continued to do that.

I couldn't get it to deliver on me after that one accidental success and to my horror I was instantly educated by many members of another forum.

I disassembled the unit, soaked the relevant parts in solvent, threw it in a few bags, and buried it in the trash. Someone later told me they would have bought it from me and I told them I had decided not to sell it. It is where it deserves to be.

rtwoite,

Cairo1

rtwoite said:
My old vapir reeked and leaked. It just wasn't airtight and it smelled of plastic and gave me a headache every time....

I disassembled the unit, soaked the relevant parts in solvent, threw it in a few bags, and buried it in the trash. Someone later told me they would have bought it from me and I told them I had decided not to sell it. It is where it deserves to be.

That's where I'm at. I keep mine (since I can't return it) and won't give it away for free. I consider it toxic but I should toss it I suppose. Its bad juju. Also reminds me what poor service the dealer provided.

Cairo1,
Okay I've been reading this thread on and off for a few days. I already purchased a N02 on january 14th at a local head-shop. I wanted a nice portable vaporizer and was originally set on purchasing an iolite. Then I saw this Vapir N02 and I could not choose which product to get. I searched the web for weeks and weeks and found many positive reviews of the N02 such as the review on gizmodo. (the iolite seemed like a supped up lighter and could not justify spending $200 on such a low tech device with mixed reviews) The adjustable temperature is what sold me for the N02. I went back to the head-shop and purchased the N02 for $179.99. I opened the box and was greeted with the nice new plasticy smell everybody has been raving about on here. I will admit it is a pretty strong scent but was not a deal breaker for me ( I was concerned on whether or not plastic was actually melting and I was inhaling toxic by-products but so far everything seems to be rock solid) I did not follow the instructions and ignored soaking the whip and had no burn in whatsoever. I just loaded up the N02 with a few friends and enjoyed. My first few uses with this product...YES there was a strong plastic/electronics taste that I did not enjoy too much but, after extended use this taste has virtually disappeared for me and I only taste whatever material I am vaporizing.( I clean this vaporizer after every use and try to eliminate any resin I can reach) So far this product has been very reliable, produces very large clouds of delicious vapor and seems like a very good investment to me. I mostly use this unit plugged in since the heat up time is so fast while plugged but its portability does come in handy. I do not think it is all too stealthy unless you use a cup like others have suggested but, stealth is not much of an issue to me. My only other vaporizer experience would be with a friends Volcano and a handheld vaporgenie. I believe the vapor quality is comparable to the volcano just not as big hits. I am confused on the plastic taste/smell remaining for the rest of you guys but so far mine has worked quite well and fulfilled it's purpose. I know many of you are going to think I am astroturfing or whatever the hell you want to call it but, I honeslty just enjoy this product and wanted to say a few good things about it. I had no clue this forum existed until I searched "vapir n02 review" on google and came across it. I just wanted to give my honest two cents even if it beingmy first post looks suspicious. I do not think the plastic taste is a deal breaker but maybe Vapir should address this in order to make it's customers happy. Maybe I'll post a video of this in action so you can see the vapor produced and what not, it is a wonderful product and I can not say enough good things about it. If thinking I am a vapir representative or whatever helps you sleep at night then have fun with that but , I am just throwing an honest review out there by an inexperienced 19 year old college student. I am new to the whole vaping game but I find this to be a successful product...I am just rambling now so if you have any questions feel free to ask. As for you guys complaining of the plastic taste....I just do not find it to be too profound....maybe it is just me? :brow:

DSUMM15530,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I washed and soaked the plastic also. But that's not where the smell is coming from. It's inside in / on the electronics. It has not gone away.

willieR,
willieR said:
I washed and soaked the plastic also. But that's not where the smell is coming from. It's inside in / on the electronics. It has not gone away.

Really? I have mine on the charger now I am going to go sniff it. Is the smell still as strong as when you first opened the vaporizer? That is if you still posses it.

DSUMM15530,

PoopMachine

More 1 post users raving about the NO2. It was amusing to me 4 or 5 pages ago. Now I see why everyone gets so bent out of shape about it.

PoopMachine,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I do have it still and it still stinks. It's quite strong when turned on

willieR,
PoopMachine said:
More 1 post users raving about the NO2. It was amusing to me 4 or 5 pages ago. Now I see why everyone gets so bent out of shape about it.

Yeah I know lol I only came across this forum by searching for a review of the N02. Wish I was a Vapir employee so there could be real reason to be mad about my post but, I understand how it looks....If only I was a seasoned poster on here :/

DSUMM15530,
willieR said:
I do have it still and it still stinks. It's quite strong when turned on

Okay right now mine wreaks like whatever I last vaporized out of it...I am going to clean it and see if it still tastes bad when turned on....maybe I am just getting used to the smell/ taste like when you wear cologne and stop being able to smell it? :/

DSUMM15530,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
DSUMM15530 said:
PoopMachine said:

Yeah I know lol I only came across this forum by searching for a review of the N02. Wish I was a Vapir employee so there could be real reason to be mad about my post but, I understand how it looks....If only I was a seasoned poster on here :/

It's not that you're not a seasoned poster (what is that anyways 100, 500, a 1000 posts?), but that it is your *first* post, and it covers a vaporizer that many experienced vaporists have panned.

Am I mad about your post? No Do I give your post much credence about the Vapir being a reliable, good product? No, not at all. But I believe your personal experience with it if that counts for anything.

Tom

tdavie,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I imagine they don't all burn off whatever it is that is burning / releasing / off-gassing. They may not all stink, but mine sure as hell does.

willieR,

PoopMachine

willieR said:
I imagine they don't all burn off whatever it is that is burning / releasing / off-gassing. They may not all stink, but mine sure as hell does.

Mine does too. The woman loves it so she uses it and the smell doesnt bother her. If it was smell free, Id be leading the NO2 bandwagon.

PoopMachine,
tdavie said:
DSUMM15530 said:
PoopMachine said:

It's not that you're not a seasoned poster (what is that anyways 100, 500, a 1000 posts?), but that it is your *first* post, and it covers a vaporizer that many experienced vaporists have panned.

Am I mad about your post? No Do I give your post much credence about the Vapir being a reliable, good product? No, not at all. But I believe your personal experience with it if that counts for anything.

Tom

Thats fair enough and a more pleasant post than I was expecting, Thanks! :) but yeah I see what you mean so far I am having good experience with the N02 personally, that may not be the case with everybody but, to each his own.

DSUMM15530,

lwien

The negative reports on this vaporizer as well as ALL Vapir product is so much more profound than any other vaporizer ever reviewed here, that even though there "may" be a chance of getting a good one, I don't see it as worth the gamble being that there are so many other well reviewed vapes on the market to choose from.

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Larry,
I thought you were banned from all Vapir threads. :lol:

Stu,

lwien

Stu said:
Larry,
I thought you were banned from all Vapir threads. :lol:
:lol:
Naw. Just changing my tac a bit here. Rather than attacking the messengers, I thought it may be more worthwhile to just state the obvious so that prospective new vaporists would be able to make a more informed decision when they purchase a vape.

lwien,

willieR

Been here since 2009
lwien said:
... even though there "may" be a chance of getting a good one, I don't see it as worth the gamble being that there are so many other well reviewed vapes on the market to choose from.

That's what I beat myself up over. I should have researched / read more. Oh well, not the end of the world. Just the end of $179

willieR,

luchiano

willieR, why don't you boil the removable top part and the tubing like vape4health and another poster stated?. They both agree it got rid of the plastic odor.

Also, as someone stated earlier in the thread some teeth cleaner that old people use for their dentures might be a good remover. That and boiling might get rid of every nasty odor faster than boiling for hours.

luchiano,

luchiano

DevoTheStrange said:
So my friend has an issue with his NO2 after having it for a good period of time. The taste is still an issue, but not as strong as it once was, however once you know what it tastes like it's easy to tell it is still there.
The NO2 is his daily driver, taste don't bother him because... well he has no sense of taste. His issue is that the top cap/lid/mouthpiece no longer stays in his vape. It just keeps popping off now. For me this is a downside... seems like heavy repeated use can cause the mating between the vape and the top piece to slowly become loose. It has gotten to the point where my friend wants a new unit. If he could only taste I bet he would buy a completely different vape

I wonder if it has to do with resin getting in the cracks and when heating up the resin expands and pops the lid out of place?. Maybe doing the boiling like vape4health and another poster mentioned will solve this problem.

luchiano,

willieR

Been here since 2009
luchiano said:
willieR, why don't you boil the removable top part and the tubing like vape4health and another poster stated?. They both agree it got rid of the plastic odor.

Also, as someone stated earlier in the thread some teeth cleaner that old people use for their dentures might be a good remover. That and boiling might get rid of every nasty odor faster than boiling for hours.

Because the odor is coming from the electronics inside. Not coming from the surface plastic. Something nasty.

willieR,

vape4health

I boiled all the plastic parts , took the no2 completly apart and removed the electronics and boiled everything . I just checked the top part again , the bulb lookin part with all the holes , sorry to say I smell plastic again . Next step for me will be to bake it in the oven at ? temp , not 100% sure what will happen , it could melt down or maybe not .

I have stuff coming to test out using pottery glaze to replace the mica in hopes of vapor that I can stand the taste . Who knows .

vape4health,
Top Bottom