Discontinued Vapir NO2

willieR

Been here since 2009
V4H you are really to be credited for bring some hard facts to the scene. I have a used NO2 and I am absolutely sorry I ever, ever took a drag on it. In your opinion, how likely is it that someone would NOT have an issue with this unit?

willieR,

vape4health

It has two completly different smells , maybe they changed the plastics used :lol: and maybe they changed how the heater is designed :rofl: I cant see how any would be different then the one I have , but who knows . This is not a new vape company , they are not making these by hand , you would think quilty control would have pulled the bad lot that mine come from , a box full of these parts would smell up a warehouse .

Does anyone know how to apply enamel , like the stuff used on cookware . I just found people are using a torch to apply enamel , could work .

vape4health,

PoopMachine

I dont know that enamel is going to work for you but Ive got some idea of some stuff that will. Is the insulation in the air path?

PoopMachine,

vape4health

Yes it is in the air path , glass would be great but would take alot of work . Something thin and wrapable that is heat and food safe would fit . I would like to hear any ideas .

vape4health,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
vape4health said:
It has two completly different smells , maybe they changed the plastics used :lol: and maybe they changed how the heater is designed :rofl: I cant see how any would be different then the one I have , but who knows . This is not a new vape company , they are not making these by hand , you would think quilty control would have pulled the bad lot that mine come from , a box full of these parts would smell up a warehouse .

As I said, I have other high end quality vapes (Cano digit & SSV & Extreme Q) and I did quit combustion 3 months ago...Leaving a very very heavy smoking condition (15 years of 20g/week:ninja:). Flavor, health and efficiency are my priorities.
This been said, thx V4H for doing this investigation. And please don't get me wrong: if my NO2 has any plastic smell, at all, or any flavor alteration...I will stop using it instantly and claim for my money & health to Vapir!
And yes, the good flavor turns "neutral vapor flavor" faster then on my Cano or my SSV (no discussion about that). I had similar experience on the Iolite: neutral flavor after 8 to 10 drags...Difference between the drags of these 2 portables being on the thickness aspect: NO2 thicker then Iolite. As I was a heavy smoker, the thickness of the drags is an important factor to me...
One "tip" I must give here to the few lucky guys that haven't got a melted unit yet :D : change the tubing, as the vinyl stock one given by Vapir isn't built for high temps (and the black "tits" end of the NO2 can get real hot) and ugrade to Silicone one...

Now, if my unit, in a near future, goes "shitty" as above mentionned, which portable vapo do you recommend for my usage:

Vape & Drive
Battery autonomous
Cordless
No lighter
Thick drags
...(and not the price of the Mini-Vap :D ) ????

EDIT: The Incognito Vape is very appealing...if only it had a battery option, I'd love to test it!

FLskwat,

darth___vapor

Darth Vapor
When my No2 started smoking without anything in the chamber I got nervous about using it. I am going to return it. Without the smoking issue I really like the lil guy. The battery issue is the same I have had with mine. I love using it driving. Hope they hear me out. I'll keep you updated on the warranty process.

darth___vapor,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
lwien said:
:brow: Kaaaa............blunk.

Lwien,as said in my previous edited post, the Incognito seems to almost answer all my requisits!
(No battery but car Power adapter). I'd love to test this little new guy or to have some beta tester's feedback!

FLskwat,

Cairo1

darth___vapor said:
When my No2 started smoking without anything in the chamber I got nervous about using it. I am going to return it. Without the smoking issue I really like the lil guy. The battery issue is the same I have had with mine. I love using it driving. Hope they hear me out. I'll keep you updated on the warranty process.

Good luck and keep us posted. I burned my NO2 in for many days. Brought to the office so I could re-start it throughout the day. No organic material, just heating to try and burn off whatever was causing that awful odor. The burning off after many hours did little, as others here have attested.

I purchased my NO2 from a less than reputable dealer so despite the fact that no organics were ever used, I was refused a return. Clearly some suppliers have much better service than others. This dealer was also sidelining and selling grey market iolites on ebay.

As I said, good luck.

Cairo1,

vape4health

I think the plastic smell is gone , well smelling the unheated takin apart pieces dont seem to have an sent . I boiled for a total of around 6-8 hours , hard to be exact because I keep swaping the water out and it was done over 2 days , but a real good guess is 7 total hours of being in boiling water . Hay Vapir tell them boil that shit .

Poopmachine thats about what I need , thanks . And the enamel Im talking about is the bake on type , like used on cookware , its made from powdered glass then high temp is used to melt the glass together , Im just lookin in any direction trying to figure something out .

vape4health,

PoopMachine

vape4health said:
Poopmachine thats about what I need , thanks . And the enamel Im talking about is the bake on type , like used on cookware , its made from powdered glass then high temp is used to melt the glass together , Im just lookin in any direction trying to figure something out .

Yea.... we use something similar in the automotive performance industry. Id be willing to bet you could heat the surface with a small torch, get it good and hot and spray it and the stuff would be just fine. The upside to the material I listed is that its so thin, you could use it to insulate the wires, etc.

Im following this close. Depending on how it works out for you, Im going to do the same thing. I only have the convection smell, my plastic is okay but Id really like to get rid of the convection smell.

PoopMachine,

vape4health

Im lookin at the wire or wires for the conv smell because other vapes use brass with no problems and if this is nichrome wire again other vapes use it so Im kinda stumped unless its not nichrome wire , it doenst look at all like Hippies Bud Toaster , the wire Im looking at it WAY thinner then the Toaster . But now Im worried that if I change the wire it will mess up the whole proccess and the temp will be wacked out like shot way over temp or never get up to temp .

A good scrubing with a tooth brush a very hot water left the top part with no smell and cleaned up the water stain lookin stuff . Ill say now that the plastic smell is gone from the plastic at room temp .

vape4health,

vape4health

I have the handle and guts back in and testing amp and volts befor I take the heater core wraping off . All test right now is being done with the thermocouple pulled away so it reads lower temp then it is , should make it put out full power . Im now 100% sure that its the heater and not the white wire the go to the heater , them white wires dont even change temp , at all . The nichrome wire does not glow , best temp reading I can get is 456F but thats using a IR therm and Im not sure the area/spot it reads . Im now woundering if that sent is mica , Ill have to ask Hippie more about his attempts with using mica .

Oh ya , Amps 1.49 and 13.77V DC open .

Ya that thing was running hard , I had a pair of vise grips clicked on the bottom of the brass to hold the heater up off the table , the whole freakin grip is hot .

vape4health,

vape4health

Getting closer . This eliminates the need to seal the heater to the body with that freakin rubber ring . I'll have to check with the log guys to see what temp this stuff is good for . I was able to make the hole perfect in the nipple part so the stem is smashed into the heater , for now Im not adding any screws but could if needed .

Couple hours with a dremel and look what I do .

Now I just need to find a good replacment for the mica , Im realy think along the lines of ceramic , or something like that , I dont have a kiln so Ill have to learn to torch fire stuff . The heater is next on the needs done list so I'll be doing something soon .

vape4health,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
ceramic is also available as a cement - just add water to make a paste - and as a potting compound - pour into a form. but the ceramic cement i tried also created an odor when it got hot. maybe it can be baked in an oven to remove the odor, i gave up on using ceramic before i tried that.

Hippie Dickie,

Adaox

max said:
robert denby said:
I just dont understand what all this griping is about
Maybe because you're new to vaping. Some people have been in the vaping scene for years and are getting tired of Vapir continuing to introduce products with the same issues.

No plastic taste at all
Then it's not an issue for you. Some have had no problem with smell/taste either, but for others it's a definite minus.

Then don't bother checking in here? I think it's silly for people that don't like something to keep on checking in on it... seems like a waste of time. (PS I didn't mean that statement directly at you... just a blanket statement. Dead horse etc.)

In the grand scheme of things this is what I've come up with. Some units are faulty. That's a given. In reading some of the posts, seems like people bought their vape from a bad source. Most faulty units go back to the manufacturer no problem, EVEN if they are used. I've returned one no2 and helped a friend with theirs.

Your luck was not so good. Maybe it's a knockoff vape. XD All I know is how can it be a definite minus if the smell/taste issue just isn't there for some people? I have zero taste/smell issues. Maybe overall their track record isn't the greatest... but why bash people who scored a home run with it?

I own 2 MFLB's, 1 No2, and 1 EQ. *I* Prefer my No2 hands down. Keeping my eyes on the vapexhale, but i think for the time being given my use and how I use my vapes this is the winning combo.

Just for fun... here is a pic of my no2 proudly posing for a shot! 1 QP down, many more to go.

No2%20and%20Friends.JPG

Adaox,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yeah Adaox, I agree with your statement as I'm a lucky user of the NO2 with no flavor/smell issues at all neither!

Checking on your picture it seems like you have something black between the tubing and the black nipple of the vapir... As the picture is small, I can't figure what that is! Can you tell me more about it?

FLskwat,

Cairo1

Why of why would anyone buy one an NO2 with such a poor track record? Clearly there is a quality control issue from a company that does not care about your health. Wht patronize that? Why give them your money? Even if they're not all hazardous, there are so many good and safe units to buy.

Cairo1,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Cairo1 said:
Why of why would anyone buy one an NO2 with such a poor track record? Clearly there is a quality control issue from a company that does not care about your health. Wht patronize that? Why give them your money? Even if they're not all hazardous, there are so many good and safe units to buy.

1/ Because there is no other battery vape, not lighter powered, butane free with controlled temps, which you can vape & drive with on the market ...maybe?
2/ Because it is a mass sold product and that the quality claims are, in fact, quite few compared to the sales volumes... maybe?
3/ Because I can use my NO2 with bongs or any water filtration (because of tubing)...maybe?
4/ Because the hits delivered by my NO2 are twice as thick as the ones I have ever had with any Iolite I have tested...
5/ I get your point, but then, why would you want to buy this crap (posts #3178 & #3179)??:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=264&p=128
The track record is even lower, it's a chinese knock-off...

Again, I'm a lucky NO2 user and I am conscious of it (plus I also own a Cano Digit, an EQV and an SSV so I believe I'm aware of good flavor vs. plastic one)...but when it works, this little guy rocks!

FLskwat,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I call BS.

1) Portable temp control. That's the reason I purchased one. In an uncharacteristic fashion, I did not search user forums like this one or else I would not have purchased. Clearly there are serious health issues with this product and I have grown to completely resent the manufacturer after hearing that this is extremely common for all of their products. Also I have to wonder about your advocating getting plastered while driving. That's like marketing a secret straw to drink Vodka while driving.

2) You would have no idea of quality claims to sales volume ratio if you are a simple consumer as you claim to be. For all we know they are sitting on shelves in a warehouse somewhere. If I were Vapir, I'd get some shills to start posting and defending... oh wait...

3) Bongs and water filtration I suspect have a very small role in stealthy vape purchases. Then again, the NO2 is huge and hardly stealthy.

4) Another NO2 "owner" bashing an iolite. Obviously you can turn up the NO2 to near combustion, so what's your point? The iolite operates as advertised.

5) Again, the track record is without question much more solid for the latest iolites. It's not Chinese. Why would you say such a thing?

willieR,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
1/ I am on the process of launching a vape/e-cig business in France & EU and have a few contact with EU vape resellers: so I do have indications on the sales volumes and on the claims towards the NO2. I am testing all the vapes I'm interested in previous to selling them.

2/ OK NO2 is a bit longer then Iolite but IMO (only) it looks more like a sipping bottle then the iolite and therefore is more "discrete" (people are not used to see me put the antena of my talkie in my mouth...sorry!)

3/ Yes it has quality claims and I'm sorry about it. This is why I will not choose to sale the N02 in my future shop.

4/ water filtration at home + versality of use is IMO an important factor of choice.

5/ I was not bashing the Iolite: it works perfectly. I'm just saying the clouds are less thick. And I have never combusted an NO2 bowl (neiter an Iolite). I don't know what's your point. My NO2's ABV is coming out browner then my friend's Iolite ABV...period...IT'S A FACT!

6/ I'm talking with Cairo about the Zico I torch when talking about Chinese knock-off...please read me correctly!

7/ Yes I drive and vape. I do 100 KM/day, have been smoking in my car for more then 10 years never had an accident, and would kill somehone if I couldn't vape in the traffic jam... BTW, have a tour there:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4608

I am not bashing any vape, or saying NO2 is the best... I just share my :2c: and experience on one of my numerous vapes... And for me it does work! As i Said previously in this thread, if the Incognito with battery was there when I chose the NO2, I would have baught the Incognito, as it is, on the actual nowadays vape market, the only portable vape that fits my requirements on portability...

FLskwat,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Im glad you have chosen to not sell the NO2. As a side note, while dealers may tell you whatever they like, you realize that any manufacturer would never share true overall sales figures. They are not obligated to and won't.

The iolite is a fixed temp vape, and any adjustable vape can have the temp turned up way past the fixed setting of the iolite. Higher temp = more vapor (not that a person really wants what's in these elevated temp bowls, mind you). Higher temp = darker ABV.

Personally I'm not looking for more vape and darker ABV. I don't want the by products that are released at temps just below combustion. Having said that I would be interested in a variable temp portable vape, but it's got to be tiny.

The NO2 can't fit in a pocket, as it is the size of a (big) soda bottle. The Incogneto is in the same boat. Looks like a water bottle... that you only suck on and not tip up to drink.

At this point given the size and shape, the iolite still seems to be in the front when it comes to "put it in your pocket" stealth. I'm very tempted to get a magic launch box, however. That company has a good vibe.

willieR,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Ok then, fair enough ;) !

And yes I'm aware about relation between temps and thickness, but remember u can ONLY crank up the NO2 to 205C & you'll still have 25C till combustion (and even more in reality...as we all know here the displayed temp is never the temp of the MJ but the heater's one, etc...).
So eventhough 202C is the beginning of benzene & Co...U're still good to go & not very far from the 195 of the Iolite!

In fact I'm a low temp lover...and i'm talking about the interest of adjustable temps on lower temps then the 190-195 average default setting of the Iolite! On my NO2 (and all my vapes)...it start my bowls around 170 to get as long as possible the flavinoids and the heady high + my sesh are longer like that. I usually finish my bowls around 195 & AFTER 30 MN. OF VAPING...THAT WAS MY POINT!
...And again, my hits on the N02 at 175 are thicker then on the Iolite... but nevermind...

(sometimes I do milk my Cano balloons at 220 when I want a fast couchlock, I admit :D )

For the "in your pocket part" ... I don't need/want to carry a vape in my pocket. But I want it to be discrete when I'm outside, trekking, outdoors, sports, skiing, and IN MY CAR. I've chosen this solution:

It's a 4 isolating bottle cover that you can find in any sport store. Like this my traffic jam car neighbor really thinks I'm sipping on my coffee and outdoors people believe I'm carying my bottle with the handrope (always take out the tubing when I'm finished). :cool:

FLskwat,
Top Bottom