Discontinued Vapir NO2

lwien

Adaox said:
I can guarantee that most people don't go sniffing their new vapes for a "smell" other than this one.

See, it's statements like this that causes one to lose their credibility.

lwien,

Adaox

lwien said:
DaveWaves said:
I'm sure if we stick around for awhile and let the other members get to know us, the skepticism will fade.

;)

You don't even need to stick around for awhile, Dave. As an example, I never had any skepticism about you, even from your very first post and that was about a knock-off of my most favorite vape.

The skepticism comes from HOW someone presents themselves when they first join up. When things are taken into context, the purpose of some of these brand new members become self-evident. With you, and many others, however, that is not the case and the skepticism is more the exception rather than the rule.

Your purpose in this thread is self-evident... all on a product you have yet to try if I'm not mistaken... (I could be wrong on this point)

lwien said:
Adaox said:
I can guarantee that most people don't go sniffing their new vapes for a "smell" other than this one.

See, it's statements like this that causes one to lose their credibility.

How so? Because there have been units with a plastic smell to them and some without. I'd wager a vast majority without, else they'd have a recall or zero support from people. I mentioned that because in reading this thread, people have made it a point to say "yes on my new plasticly housed unit, i smell plastic! (And I know that's not a word!) or "No I didn't notice a plasticy smell."

Lastly you've done little to nothing to address my points on what may be causing it.

Clearly your mind is made up and your contribution here is felt and noted. Do you have anything new to add? (After all this is to discuss the No2, not to hear the same complaint from the same person over and over) :D

Adaox,

stinkmeaner

Adaox said:
Your purpose in this thread is self-evident... all on a product you have yet to try if I'm not mistaken... (I could be wrong on this point)
As a 3rd party and follower of this thread I can say that no one is out to get this vape or you for that matter.

It is common knowledge to anyone that has been around for a while that Vapir has a poor reputation with material choices, build quality, and reliability of every one of their past vaporizer model entry's, with that said it is only natural to question this new model and the strangely loyal fans of it considering the fact that veterans of this board have already said that the NO2 has a funny taste.

If the thing has a plastic taste then it pretty much guarantees that something is being released into the air, or else why would you taste it? With all of the great vaporizers on the current market there is just no room for questionable products with questionable materials.

stinkmeaner,

Adaox

stinkmeaner said:
As a 3rd party and follower of this thread I can say that no one is out to get this vape or you for that matter.

It is common knowledge to anyone that has been around for a while that Vapir has a poor reputation with material choices, build quality, and reliability of every one of their past vaporizer model entry's, with that said it is only natural to question this new model and the strangely loyal fans of it considering the fact that veterans of this board have already said that the NO2 has a funny taste.

If the thing has a plastic taste then it pretty much guarantees that something is being released into the air, or else why would you taste it? With all of the great vaporizers on the current market there is just no room for questionable products with questionable materials.

You bring up some great points. Here are mine. All 6 no2 units I've encountered have no plastic taste/smell beyond the new unit smell. With that being said all these units have been bought new and have since lost that smell/taste.

1 of the 6 went to the shitter after VERY heavy use. But I was able to get it exchanged without a problem, and once again no smell/taste issue.

Is it possible the issue was addressed? I don't know.

I didn't like the iolite at all and the VJ got too hot with the kind of usage I put my portable thru. Sorry I found something that works for me.

I'm looking to try the MBLB as it looks to be more convenient for snaps and such. I think I'll still be using the no2 as my main portable and getting an extreme-q as my office piece.

Lastly I didn't want to get into this, but of the features that make the no2 stand out. I haven't been able to find in any other portable. So I think there is room for the no2 yet.

Rechargeable with temp control. (Actually this is one of the reasons I DIDN'T get the MFLB to begin with, now that I recall)

Adaox,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
Adaox said:
I'm looking to try the MBLB as it looks to be more convenient for snaps and such. I think I'll still be using the no2 as my main portable and getting an extreme-q as my office piece.

Lastly I didn't want to get into this, but of the features that make the no2 stand out. I haven't been able to find in any other portable. So I think there is room for the no2 yet.

Rechargeable with temp control. (Actually this is one of the reasons I DIDN'T get the MFLB to begin with, now that I recall)

Don't get me wrong, I looked long and hard at the NO2 for the very reasons you mention above. I'm sure with proper treatment before and during use, it performs well, or they wouldn't still be selling them.

You will like the MFLB once you get the hang of it. I will be acquiring an EQV myself soon, as the next step in my vaporlution, and look forward to adding another arrow to my quiver.

:brow:

DaveWaves,

Cairo1

I thoroughly washed the parts. People have mentioned the smell coming from the vent. I wouldn't plug mine in again.

Cairo1,

PoopMachine

Its not a plastic smell. Its some sort of convection type smell. Kind of like how your oven smells when youre cleaning it.

Vapir has it going on with the shills at least.

PoopMachine,

Cairo1

PoopMachine said:
Its not a plastic smell. Its some sort of convection type smell. Kind of like how your oven smells when youre cleaning it.

I would agree. And I have smelled it more storngly near the vents in the unit.

PoopMachine said:
Vapir has it going on with the shills at least.

Man! They sure do!

Cairo1,

musikchef

guys - don't always assume new members who post comments in contrast with your views are shills

I've only posted once, but I'm new to the whole vape thing. I've only owned one vape and so that's all I can comment on. I happen to be happy with my first vape (No2), but when I do try others... I'll comment on those vapes as well.

I've been using my No2 for about a month and really couldn't be happier with it. The only time I've smelled something burning like is described is when I put it on 400 and opened it up. I rarely even go higher than 370 because the taste isn't as good and THC is released at 370 (or that's what I've learned from reading these posts) I think the battery could work better. It seems to go down very quickly, although I just keep my plugged in. I love that I can use it inside the house with no smoky smell afterwards. I had to purchase extra screens - which sucks because I've used up the ones it came with in a month. So I'd recommend getting extra - they are hard to clean when they get this sticky residue on them.

I start out at 320 because the taste is the best at the lower temps. Sometimes, I don't even take the temp up because I get a different high at 320. I really only notice a thick vapor the first hit, but the vapor exhale is noticed more after the first few hits. I like to do slow 10-20 second draws because it just feels cool to gradually fill up your lungs. I did decide to put the plastic tube back on (I liked using it without but it was starting to burn my throat).

But I'll gradually increase the temp every few hits. It takes a lot longer to get high with the vape than smoking, but it just depends if you want your herb to taste like ... herb or burned ashes. Until I can try other vapes, I'm very pleased with the taste. so that's my :2c:

musikchef,

darth___vapor

Darth Vapor
I have had a vapir no2 for a couple months. It's awesome because people have no idea what it is. I've been through airports with it and not had any trouble. One time I even left it loaded (don't recommend) and it got inspected and was fine. They didn't know how to open it and it looks like a shaver or something.

Anyhow, I've noticed just recently that the unit itself is smoking and that smoke is coming up through the chamber. I has a burning smell to it. I called Vapir since I have a warranty on it but all they said was to first clean it real good. I did and I can still see smoke coming out of the empty chamber. I shot a video with my phone I can post.

I am going to call them tomorrow because this is not working properly. I'll keep you updated on the progress. In the meantime I'm going to get a MLBL. The reviews sound awesome on that.

How does the MLBL vapir smell? Is it stealth or does it smell like someone just smoked a bowl?

darth___vapor,

Cairo1

I was disappointed with the stealth factor. The NO2 is huge compared to an iolite, etc. I have no experience with any vapes other than the iolite and the NO2.

I like the adjust ability of the NO2 but the smell made me nauseous and I cannot use it. Unfortunately the dealer I bought it from (after convincing me this was a better vape than the iolite :rolleyes: ) won't take it back and I'm sure not buying anything else from them.

Cairo1,

vape4health

Im reading thru the post sense I have last visted but I have to add I just took that no2 apart again , after using for ~ around ~ stoner guess ~ 15-20 loads . Everyone should know that the soft ( rubber ) that makes the connection from hot heater parts to the bowl/top area melted yes MELTED to the brass heater core , did I say melted I had to peel it off and it left part on the heater . I have pics ready to load up just need a few minutes to do it , should be tonight .

It still stinks , I dont mean light smell , load with good nugs and hand to a friend and they will say " what the fuck is THAT " , I'm not bashing vapir at all , they are a company that is making something that is intended for people to breath off of and they use the most plastic smelling stuff they can , come on . For anyone woundering what the exact taste is , go to Lowes/HomeDepot and suck on some non-drinkable water hose , thats regular green with a yellow line garden hose and that plasticy/chemical taste/smell/exhale is just about 100% right on .

I have all the plastic parts boiling in some water to see if some smell goes away .

And the hot metal/electronics smell has not changed at all , its the same as when new . I just want to add Im not some whinning b*t*h ( Im not saying anyone is ) I'll still smoke out of a pop can if needed :D

Edit : Just remembered , this thing makes me cough , even when its on the cool side and not getting alot if any vapor , I just though that was soemthing weird , I have like 7 different vapes and non make me cough unless I get it too close to burning or take a massive huge lung buster . Could be a little warning from the lungs , hint hint .

Side note , plastic parts have been boiling for around 15 min. and its not getting soft , just may work .

vape4health,

vape4health

Just the back cover off
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heater assembly ( heater core and cover ) this one you can see the ( rubber ) melted to the top of the brass , I'll add a close up of this .

See it melted on real nice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heater core , pulled out of Stainless cover . The white is pipe tape that I used ( no it didnt work , too hot and melted ) .

*****Note the ( rubber ) ring , that is the part that melted , it sits between the heater assembly and the plastic top , its just under the funnel looking part ( from top view ) .

The very white stuff is the pipe tape **didnt work** but under that you can see the original insolation it looks more clear the only place you can see it is at the very edge's .

The electric guts . Them white wires may be getting hot also , they carry the juice to the heater * could * be helping to make the hot electronics smell . Ill do some cover off testing to have a look see .

The heater core .When I first opened it up that clear inso was flaking off , its almost like micro thin layers of glassy something , I dont think its fiberglass because it look to be in strips like if you was to wrap tape around a pipe. This is closer to out of the box state , it had another layer of the clear inso stuff over the wire layer ( the layer that was falling off ) and then a tape type of clear orange stuff over everything to keep it in place .

A mess .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vape4health,

darth___vapor

Darth Vapor
Great. I've been inhaling plastic that was burning the same time as my bud. What does it mean for my health? What are the side effects from smoking plastic besides it tasting like #Hi#!?

btw I bought the MFLB today from my local shop and used it twice. it's way more stealth and i'm way more medicated than i had been with the no2. it will replace the no2. the no2 is on warranty so i'll hopefully get a replacement and then trade it for something i will use. jus sayin...

darth___vapor,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hye to all FC community,

I'm a half French-half Spanish vapor enthusiast since last October, and the proud owner of a Cano Digit, a SSV and a Vapir NO2. I also owned an Extreme Q which I sold (though it is a very good vapo) as I thought and still think I had the best of each world (balloon, whip, portable).

Coming back to the thread: I use my NO2 daily in my car (3 times/day) and some times at home (when I'm too lazy to run one of my 2 home units, or in the bedroom).
And I must say: though the above pictures are SCARY, I have not been at all disappointed by my NO2: .1 bowls of medical grade MJ gives me a 20 mn thick draws session.
After following the 1st time "security burning process" described in the user manual, I have never had any plastic flavour issues (it did smoke for 10 mn at first during the process though, but as my Q did in fact)Lucky me I believe.

In fact, fully charged, I can get 7 x 20 mn sessions and I love the car charger option. My NO2's ABV is the brownest I get from my 3 vapos.

Please don't think I'm affiliated to Vapir by any way. In fact I want to start a vapo/e-cig business in Paris, France with a friend and we are still testing as many products as possible to be sure we are selling only reliable and "customer friendly" products.
And till now, on the portable "energy-autonomous", no lighter vape side...I found the NO2 to be the best offerMFLB is great but cannot be used while driving and is to me less discrete then the NO2 in public and Iolite delivers way less vapor/flavor to me, and has less versatility (temp control+stop botton on the NO2...). Am I the only guy having this positive experience with this vapo (2 friends have it too around me, and feel the same about it)?? If yes, then I will cross my fingers not to get any of the above issues:/

See U all soon on this forum, and thx again for the tons of info (I've been reading these pages for a month now!:) )

FLskwat,

robert denby

ugh! i couldnt lurk any more!

ok so i have been studying this site since mid december as my house hold seems to be converting to vapists from heavy smokers.

it started when my room mate got a zephyr ion.

we were instantly spoiled.

i knew i needed a portable so my first purchased vape is the NO2

i researched the hell out of it and read all the back and forth on this site about it and went with it anyways (the deal breakers for me were the temp adjustment option and the battery)

i also have had a tremendously rewarding experience with it! i use it 2-3 times daily (for travel, obviously) and have had none of the issues anyone is describing here. I am even using it in the winter in New England! granted I let the car heat up and get it toasty before attempting to preheat the thing, but I still am getting a thick 20 minute vaping session each time i use it.
No plastic taste at all, slight "confection" smell when it is on and empty...

I went out and got a vapolution as well and also am loving the heck out of it

I just dont understand what all this griping is about

i mean i guess i can understand that if anyone has complaints about a vape this is the place to voice them and try to get them resolved but man there is a lot of hate for this product!

either way, i love this thing, i dont taste anything bad with it, i am very careful with it as it is a device that is temperature and impact sensitive, and i am enjoying what i hope will be a long time with it.

next up for me, an extreme Q!!

robert denby,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
robert denby said:
ugh! i couldnt lurk any more!

ok so i have been studying this site since mid december as my house hold seems to be converting to vapists from heavy smokers.

it started when my room mate got a zephyr ion.

we were instantly spoiled.

i knew i needed a portable so my first purchased vape is the NO2

i researched the hell out of it and read all the back and forth on this site about it and went with it anyways (the deal breakers for me were the temp adjustment option and the battery)

i also have had a tremendously rewarding experience with it! i use it 2-3 times daily (for travel, obviously) and have had none of the issues anyone is describing here. I am even using it in the winter in New England! granted I let the car heat up and get it toasty before attempting to preheat the thing, but I still am getting a thick 20 minute vaping session each time i use it.
No plastic taste at all, slight "confection" smell when it is on and empty...

I went out and got a vapolution as well and also am loving the heck out of it

i mean i guess i can understand that if anyone has complaints about a vape this is the place to voice them and try to get them resolved but man there is a lot of hate for this product!

either way, i love this thing, i dont taste anything bad with it, i am very careful with it as it is a device that is temperature and impact sensitive, and i am enjoying what i hope will be a long time with it.

next up for me, an extreme Q!!

Thx for confirming my feelings about this unit... I think we have very similar experiences and feelings.
The only con's I can see right now (after 2 months of severe usage) is the battery display which is not very accurate-it will indicate it's almost empty while you still have a lot of energy to go with-; and a missing closing valve on the mouthpiece to prevent from any vapor leakage-but the finger works ok- ;) )

PS: I have used it in the Alps last WE, on the chairlift by -5c in a ski socket, and NO PROBLEMS...

FLskwat,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@vape4health - thanks for the pictures ... i love seeing the inside of other vapes.

also, that clear insulation that was flaking off is probably mica -- comes from volcanic rock, is pretty inert, and handles extremely high temperatures, kind of like volcanic rock does.

Mica does outgas for a while when initially heated, but that fades with time. i've experimented with using small pieces of mica (1/4" wide by 1" long by 1/16" thick) in my Bud Toaster as an electrical insulator on my heater coil, and noticed it adds an odor -- but only for the first several sessions. i'm not going to use mica in my final production model. Edit: not because i think it is unhealthy, but because of the odor and extra processing steps and difficulty of working with the material with my pitiful tools.

Hippie Dickie,

max

Out to lunch
robert denby said:
Maybe because you're new to vaping. Some people have been in the vaping scene for years and are getting tired of Vapir continuing to introduce products with the same issues.

No plastic taste at all
Then it's not an issue for you. Some have had no problem with smell/taste either, but for others it's a definite minus.

max,

robert denby

max, youre right
it does come off a little too absolute now that i re-read it

really i just wanted to even the playing field a little bit on this device, as it has really brought me quite an enjoyable experience.

and right on about the battery indicator FLskwat,
thats the only real issue i have with it, that the readings essentially dont mean anything, you just have to know how it works from using it a few times i guess and trust that it isnt really nearly out of battery

robert denby,

vape4health

Hippie , Im so glad you looked . If I had the ( will/time/money ) I would rebuild the heater as a copy of your bud toaster . When I go to rebuild the heater I will be studying the hell out of your thread , thats what I need , something to insolate the wire from touching the hetal heater core or a glass core , havnt made it that far yet .

On a positive note , the plastic smell just might be coming out with boiling . I boiled for around 3 hours last night and another 3 today its still at it now , I let it boil for around 1 hour then swap the water out with fresh and put back on the stove on high . When I checked it last night the bottom handle parts dont smell ( to me ) but the round top part had a tiny sent left . Its also maybe putting what looks like hard water stains on the plastic , it could be stain or the plastic is getting messed up , jury is still out on that . At no point did the plastic get soft I know its only 200-210 ish but I was woundering .

vape4health,
Vape4health, I just wanted to thank you for such an outstanding post, full of crucially needed photos of a serious failure. I've had horrible experiences with vapir, too.

My Voodoo vape (a vapir front, probably because they sullied their name selling some of the worst vaporizers ever conceived) was a total piece. Let's see it A) Died and had to be replaced after one week, B) leaked vapor like it was hemorrhaging, C) Always tasted and smelled like plastic, D) ! gave me a light headed sensation combined with a weird tinglyness in my lungs which I have never experienced from any substance or from any other vape. That thing was a complete trainwreck and I was overjoyed when I traded it away for some glass. There's little reason to think they've changed their games.

It's amazing that they make products of such inferior plastic that boarders are being forced to -soak- their pieces for days just so they don't reek.

Hippie Dickie said:
@vape4health - thanks for the pictures ... i love seeing the inside of other vapes.

also, that clear insulation that was flaking off is probably mica -- comes from volcanic rock, is pretty inert, and handles extremely high temperatures, kind of like volcanic rock does.

Mica is also used as the insulative material in the Vapolution. The design actually exposes the internals directly to the loose mica and so sometimes the temp dial takes a shit.

charliedontsurf,

vape4health

Yep that inso stuff is in the air path , it is one wall of the air path . If you touch it , it kinda turns to dusty flaky stuff got me freaked out , I dont want to breath that stuff up .

vape4health,

lwien

From past posts, we know that Vapir is watching this thread or in the worst case we hope that some that have posted here have accurately reported back their findings to corporate. The good thing about all this is that maybe, just maybe, this kind of negative press is affecting their sales, or at least possibly affecting their reputation in their quest for future sales, and if that's the case, this may provide a catalyst for them to make some production changes on this and any future product that they bring to market.

In this context, FC is providing a very valuable service, not only to the end user, but to the manufacturers as well.

lwien,

vape4health

Right on liewn , if they could clear up the smell , both plastic and electric , it could be a good vape , the temp part seams right and the loading and using part is ok . I would say if it didnt stink I would be talking about the finer points like how long the battery last and air/vapor ratio . But here we are .

vape4health,
Top Bottom