1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vaping Vegetable Glycerin?

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by ITNinja, May 20, 2011.

1. BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles Active Member

This is true; the cannabinoids in your glycerin tincture must already be decarbed/activated and bioavailable, as the glycerin is your 'vapor vehicle' for delivery, and the vast majority of e-cigs can not easily cause cannabinoid conversion all on their own. So your tincture must already be effective sublingually or via the buccal method, prior to attempting e-cig use. :)

We have been vaping glycerin hash tincture in e-cigs (and other vaporizers) with great success, since the early 2000's when the very first test models were being released in 'australasia'. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When using a bag, the little remaining tincture that collects and condenses inside after a session, is just as tasty and effective after the vape as it was before. smile

[​IMG]

You may need a 'Grass City' account to view the above photos.. I'm new to this particular forum, and haven't yet found the photo uploading section (or perhaps uploads are simply not permitted).

Have fun, and happy medicating :)
    Caligula, Ansel, Doug and 1 other person like this.
  2. stroh

stroh errl enthusiast

ahh i recognize you, the mother of the many amazing edible recipes, welcome to FC badkitty, the pictures show up just fine :)
    Ansel and darkrom like this.
  3. zerolux

zerolux Active Member

badkitty i noticed you recommend soy lecithin for edibles; is it also possible to use it in a glycerin tincture? and if so, can the tincture still be vaporized in an e-cig if lecithin is added?
  4. sediments

sediments New Member

"4.4.1 Explosion and fire hazards

Acrolein is a highly flammable liquid. Mixtures with air containing
    2.8-31% by volume of acrolein are explosive, and at, or above, -26°C
    acrolein can be ignited by sources of heat or ignition. The
    autoignition temperature is 234°C"

SOURCE

all temps in deg F:
    This and the apparent fact that 338 is VG's vapor temp, and that apparently it breaks down into acrolein to some extent at 280 makes this whole VG vaporizing thing shadowy for me, health-wise.

What I need to figure out is the temperature of the heating element in the "CJ's eGo-T Wick Mod".
  5. Ansel

Ansel Le Flâneur Extraordinaire

whats the latest news on this - can i vape VG in my Iolite safely?
  6. zerolux

zerolux Active Member

i've been vaping VG daily in a buddha and various e-cigs for over a year at this point with no ill effects. you want to keep the temperatures reasonable; there's a point where it goes from comfortable vapor to throat-irritating if you get it too hot. that's really the only thing to watch out for. works great.
    Ansel likes this.
  7. Ansel

thanks zerolux... i normally buy skunk/chronic... then i grind it and add a little glycerine... is there a better way?
  8. zerolux

zerolux Active Member

simply adding glycerin to dried bud? that won't do anything for you, you need to make a tincture. if you have a kief box or grinder with a screen, try kiefing a gram and mixing the kief with an ounce of glycerin in a double boiler. use a silicone spatula to stir it while it's warming for 20 minutes or so. that's kind of a rough method but it'll work. you could then add a drop of that to your buddha wand, for example. or just eat it straight, add it to a drink, rub it on your skin... tinctures are pretty versatile.
    Ansel likes this.
  9. Ansel

it does seem to do something... at least as much as vaping just the bud on its own does.
  10. Caligula

Caligula HTTP ERROR: 404 - NOT FOUND

So nothing then?
    Ansel likes this.
  11. Ansel

lol oops

yes ok it does do something: create thick clouds.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors