Vaping Temperatures - Why Go Higher?

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Persona Non Grata said:
quality of the weed is a huge factor that can't be underestimated. most weed out there is bunk.
:lol::lol: Amen brother. Dry that shwag out and try turning it down!!! Forget what nubers tell u... they are guideline and not exact vaping temps anyways. Feel the high u get and judge whats the best temp for yourself.

Mr. Smoke No More,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
according to my research delta 9 thc boils at 157 degree Celsius or 314.6 degree Fahrenheit . we should call this process selective extraction using heat. :peace: why go over 160 Celsius . Make butter with whats left.

jackstraw62,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Yeah, there's way too many variables to ever have one set absolute-best temp to vape at. Some of the stuff I get vapes great a little below noon on my DBV. I can start off taking regular hits and then, after a few stirs, try hitting it a bit softer to try to get a few more hits out. Although they dont tastes as good, my thinking has always been "waste not". The end result ABV is usually a nice brown, one thats lost the green/tan tint and almost seems more of a reddish-brown, very tobacco-looking

But then herb i get off another source, you can hit it all day at the same temp thats perfect for the other stuff and get nothing but the flavor out of. I turn it up to about 1 oclock and it's a whole different story.

also, the ideal temp seems to also vary considerably depending on if i'm just using the whip of it i have my bong attached. I like to turn the temp a bit higher when I use the bong because i instinctively want to pull harder on it than a whip, in order to fill it up and clear it before i run out of breath. However, i've passed the bong to new users who hit it too slow and end up burning some of the bowl. So, to save myself the trouble of having to boil my glass to get the yucky smoke taste out, i like to keep the temp set to where even if someone hits it as gently as possible, it wouldnt be too hot. So there's an ideal temp for each setting too sometimes.

What i've started doing is just grind up the stuff normally and vape it kinda lightly till its a tan color and starts to get that popcorn flavor, that gives me a nice good clean buzz for during the day. Then later on i might come back to teh stuff and regrind it and push the temp slightly higher and squeeze a bit more out of it and get a more dopey drowsy sort of high. If not, cooking is always an option. So i try not to worry about whats being left behind so much.

steiner666,

jackstraw62

If I have always been a delta -9 guy(remember iso-hash) delta 9 is the most psychoactive isomer of thc. the relevant consensus of some scientific sites is that delta 9 thc boils at 157 degree c(315 f) Head buzz.:2c:I believe that another word for vaporization should be selective heat extraction, and turn the abv to canna butter. What I do is eat some canna butter and then take a few rips. this sets me up quite nicely. I am a med user from ca. lately I have been vaping sativas i.e. great white shark and I like the buzz and my lungs are loving it.:peace:

bong (not gong) - glass vaporizer bowl - craftsman 27801, lb

jackstraw62,

maverickluke

I have the extreme vaporizer, and have been reading some threads regarding temperature settings, but am confused. At what temperature setting does vaporizing turn to combusiton, and/or become a health hazard? I vape from the whip and put the herb in the cyclone bowl. I do not vape for pain management, but for just the sheer enjoyment of being high. I ususally vape at 255C and get nice big hits, but I am concerned about health effects. Should I not go above 185C for not releasing toxins?
Thanks for all of your help in advance.

maverickluke,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
how dark is the contents of the bowl after the session? if it's black you are on the verge or past the point of combustion.

Hippie Dickie,

maverickluke

It's a light brown, but I thought there was more scientific means to determine what is a safe vaping temp.

maverickluke,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
gas chromatograph? or a thermometer? - more precise perhaps, but not necessarily more scientific than checking the color, since it is hard to measure the temperature of the trichomes and bud material as it vaporizes.

i find anything less than 390F in the bud vial to be less than satisfactory.

Hippie Dickie,

Qbit

cannabanana
maverickluke said:
It's a light brown, but I thought there was more scientific means to determine what is a safe vaping temp.
You're vaping at 255C (!) and only getting a light brown? Something's wrong with this picture.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
stickstones said:
^^^
don't forget there is some temp variance with the E
If a setting of 255C vapes the way it should at beneath 200C, well that's a lot of variance.

Qbit,

jackstraw62

the way for the heat to penetrate the herb is to grind it up and then crush it between thumb and forefinger when the load is almost vaped out. What it comes down to is surface area. the more the better. the maps study says benzene ,toluene, and naphthalene are produced above 185c. I am a med (chronic lower back pain L5-S1 Laminectomy ) and I do edibles and vapor for pain management. the cbd from the edibles makes the vapor hits last longer my :2c: :peace:

jackstraw62,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Qbit said:
stickstones said:
^^^
don't forget there is some temp variance with the E
If a setting of 255C vapes the way it should at beneath 200C, well that's a lot of variance.
What I'm saying is that the E never made any temp accuracy claims. Version 1 was a measure of the element with a communicated approximation that the bowl would be about 100C lower. Version 2 came out saying we built in the 100C difference and this is what we think the bowl is based on a measured element temperature. Version 3 was, I believe, a reworking of inner components that ended up in the display not going up to 260, but rather 250.

The Q has three different sensors at different places internally to give the digital readout temp. But I still don't know how accurate Arizer claims the temp reading is to actual bowl temp.

I agree with what you are saying...I think a lot of this is semantics.

stickstones,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Cant stress enough the info in this thread

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2197

At the same time , I can say I once achieved combustion with the Q , maxed @ 260 , fan on 3 , third run through on the cyclone bowl , half full , running bags , it just went poof , then damn I had to clean everything including the bag . I find 250 wont combust so thats as high as I'm gonna go now

Samsquanch,

saeton

I use an extreme q and i thought lower was better but it seems like if i go under 180 i can't feel anything except the pleasant aroma on the first 'hit' that gives a tiny bit of a high, but may just be me enjoying the flavor. I do like doing 185 (I often exhale laughing or feeling good saying... ohhhhh 185...), but it seems like the 185-200 zone gets me both high and sleepy.

anyone have advice on temps for getting way high but not tired? any fave strains for vaping high high

saeton,
Top Bottom