1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Vaping/smoking BHO safe?

Discussion in 'ABV' started by Jman5280, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DabComa

DabComa Well-Known Member

Look at YouTube, at the people doing 1,2, and in some mind boggling cases 3 or more gram dabs. That's just insane, and complete overkill. If they don't die or rush to the hospital instantaneously, one could most likely conclude that it's fairly safe for human consumption.
    At the least entertaining lol.
    Jman5280 likes this.
  2. Jman5280

Jman5280 Active Member

3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl i i i

That doesn't sound biased at all :rolleyes: so I guess shatter that tests clean, residuals in parts per million, it's actually the butane and not the mg's upon mg's of cannabinoids in the oil :uhoh:

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9923194

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    r-bot likes this.
  4. walrus

walrus Well-Known Member

Honestly, it doesn't seem like you are trying to "create discussion". You just seem to be posting links to anything you can find that says bho is dangerous. The problem is that you aren't posting anything of real substance or any sort of factual information.

These aren't "articles", they are message board discussions full of anecotes, speculation, and people blaming bho for a medical condition that it may or may not have anything to do with. What would make you think that anyone here knows whether or not there is truth to these accounts? If you really want to know about these specific claims, why not just post in the linked threads?

You've posted links about these people before. Simply Pure's business model seems to be demonizing bho and then presenting themselves as a healthy alternative. They use these scare tactics for their own profits and should certainly not be considered a source of unbiased information.

All of this has been hashed out on this site and many others countless times. You haven't presented a shred of real info on any actual dangers of residual butane in concentrates. No one will be able to give you the 100% peace of mind you seek in this thread. If any actual information that butane extracts are dangerous comes to light, trust me you will hear about it. The internet cannabis community would certainly be abuzz about any real info.
    :horse:
    Haywood, r-bot, Jman5280 and 3 others like this.
  5. equatorgringo

equatorgringo Well-Known Member

Right, and the best way to avoid anything if you are this worried is to just avoid it completely. Stick to vaping flowers until you are able to get that piece of mind. The info just isn't there and won't be for a very long time. It's just the reality of the movement :)

:2c::peace:
    Quetzalcoatl, Jman5280 and Jared like this.
  6. HillaryClinton

HillaryClinton Future ruler of earth

To be the safest its best to eat/vape/drink what was given to us by the earth in in purest form, any kind of processing of food/Flowers/etc....comes with risks. Not saying the difference between BHO to Flowers health wise is anything like the difference between a frozen pizza from 7-11 and a homemade pie but you get the idea.

Not really sure how BHO is made but if you are concerned just stick to flowers, but if its really just a trace amount of high quality butane I cant see that as being super risky, if so my Vaporgenie is killing me...:haw:
    Quetzalcoatl and Jman5280 like this.
  7. r-bot

r-bot New Member

Bho is only as dangerous as you make it.

The health risks mentioned in the article above are related to acute exposure to gaseous fumes

Have you ever heard of somebody dropping dead from a hit of bho? I haven't.

This thread is pointless and doesn't raise anything but more false speculation and confusion. The magical know-it-all scientist won't chime in on this thread with any closure because he already knows just how stupid this ridiculous topic is.

If in your mind you think something is not right, don't confuse others with your ignorance to not do your own research..
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  8. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

I can't believe this fucking thread has gone on for 3 pages. :bang:
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  9. Jman5280

Jman5280 Active Member

I'm going for 9 pages+

What's the word on lungs being covered in wax? Anyone check this one out?
    deadheadbill likes this.
  10. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

I'm going on 8yrs of near daily bho & QWISO use (home made) and if I was coating my already fucked up lungs from decades of smoking with wax I think I'd be dead by now, no ?
  11. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

There are so many things wrong here it's hard to know where to start.

@Jman5280: First, you ask the impossible: you can't prove a negative. Nobody can ever prove inhaling air is perfectly safe, let alone BHO. Second, you make the error of assigning equal weight to both sides of your question, yet one side has numerous facts from scientists (no BHO harm) but the other is full of speculation and fearful innuendo from, well, I guess paranoid scaremongers would be my description. This imbalance apparently doesn't satisfy you, so this thread repeats itself several time in three pages. Finally, it's getting a bit too personal. Yes, I'm looking right at you @r-bot.

Not gonna make it.
    deadheadbill likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors