Vaping minimalism (the opposite of VAS?)

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I used to get frustrated until I realised that ultimately, this is a site about consumption and consuming,
Between the Toad, Lotus, and Vapman, I’m currently content. Three very different vapes but between them the itch gets scratched exactly how it needs to be scratched.

I still follow the TA and Tempest threads but for now it’s more curiosity than desire. That said, I found FC looking for a better high and I’ll happily climb aboard when the Next Big Thing pulls into the station.

Meantime you’ll find me chilling in the lobby, waiting for a certain nomad to check in. ✌️🐸

The-Doors-Morrison-Hotel-album-cover.jpg

Flow

Some Dyna's over here, can't remember the year of the TIP.
I can just decide witch i go for because some of these got FMJ's and some don't. some got Ti TIP and others are Stainless...
but my SSV rules them all...
Got an OGBrick and really enjoy it ! Learning curve and analog vape, just love it...
Bought an Airvape Legacy Pro. Sooooo enjoyable ! 10 min sesh for the dog's evening walk
But once again, SSV rules them all. Glass, whip, on a bubbler or native, so versatile, powerfull and even more yet with their "ball cover heater" addon...

I might stop on this one afterall !

Well, i guess i need one more, one last, just one litlle more and i'm done… how 'bout the Tempest... :D :D

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I loved coming back and seeing all the discussion here, and the different options. Something that got me wondering was if my life circumstances changing changed my budding VAS. At one point, I wanted a ditanium because I saw it used with a hookah hose and it reminded me of my college days! But I moved away from a lot of my friends and it hit me that I really didn't need it anymore. Same with a few others, I wanted them for stealth or what have you, but I would have likely gotten other things at the time if stealth wasn't an issue.

I also echo the "rugged" sentiments. I really like my dyna as a "going anywhere" vape. That, a torch/IH, and my ZAM grinder and I'm usually pretty set for hikes/bike rides, or just walking around the park for the day.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
If you think about it, accumulating vapes actually takes less energy than getting rid of them. You have to list, sell, pack, and ship them, hope PayPal doesn’t take your money, etc.

The only way to avoid it, short of charitably* pawning your vapes off to dubious friends, is not to buy them in the first place. Unfortunately, given our small scene, you kind of have to buy to try.

So for most of us, it’s not exactly minimalism so much as a basic incuriosity to what else is out there. With my top three in hand, I’m generally not as keen about trying new vapes. But on another level, I’m even less keen about selling my old ones.

That said, short a few that I’ve gifted to friends, they all still have value to me. Each represents a time, place, and mindset that I can revisit just by firing up a bowl. It’s like a rock from Mt Kailash or a handcraft from a Thai village market, except you can’t vape a wicker basket.

Do I have many of those? Hell, no. For me, less stuff equals less bandwidth wasted on stuff. We joke about VAS, but mostly it’s just part of the ride. I mean, it’s not like we’re ransacking the kids’ 529s for the nth ball vape variation, right? Right?!?

*Special shout-out to @Vitolo and @mephisto for turning the excesses of our enthusiasm into highly localized net social positives.

**tl;dr Never vape Durban Poison at work. ✌️

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Unfortunately, given our small scene, you kind of have to buy to try.

So for most of us, it’s not exactly minimalism so much as a basic incuriosity to what else is out there. With my top three in hand, I’m generally not as keen about trying new vapes. But on another level, I’m even less keen about selling my old ones.

I think about this a lot, actually! Because I have vaporist friends and that allowed me to try a few of vapes before deciding on something. I also think that's why our second hand scene is so robust. Because there's a lot of try by buying in our niche.

Warmaniac_209

Chocolate Milk Chug Meister
you are not alone my friend, i dont consider myself a minimalist, but i certainly dont suffer from VAS, i only own a old school VROD Flowerpot as a stationary powerhouse, and a Mighty for portability.... dont need anything else, and everything is Top of the Line, Cadillac class gear, no need for 6-7 vape that collect the dust in a windowed shelf, like my old glass rig collection....

Tommy10

I had extreme VAS as can be seen by vape history. I went back to combustion, then wuit for while altogether. 18 months ago got a healthy rips fury, yesterday i ordered an arizer air se and will probably get a vapcap soon. That will be it for me until the holy grail high power long battery life instant power bong milker vape is invented.

SinfulRoad

I had extreme VAS as can be seen by vape history. I went back to combustion, then wuit for while altogether. 18 months ago got a healthy rips fury, yesterday i ordered an arizer air se and will probably get a vapcap soon. That will be it for me until the holy grail high power long battery life instant power bong milker vape is invented.
The VAS can always come back. I just use an OG Flowerpot as a desktop and a Vestratto and Angus for more mobile use. Waiting to get my Nomad 2 and Toad, sometime this year, and that'll be the end of it for me. I used one of those newer flowerpots with the beads and different handles and I didn't feel like it was worth it to me, the old one still rips in one hit and tastes good. So I don't see the point.

kid3

I'm trying to b e more organized and am selling stuff. My Plenty made my list but I'm keeping my Mighty + Volcano. I want to sell the Volcano as well but I'll keep it just in case.

kid3,
Reactions: rnartian

budski

cantre member
my vas is in remission but it took maxing my cards for that to happen;)I can't see paring it down to just 1 or 2, but a couple battery portables a glass piece at home and a wand with a few dyna/pen TEDs will keep the itch scratched.

budski,
  • Wow
Reactions: simba

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
my vas is in remission but it took maxing my cards for that to happen;)
Fwiw my approach used to be 'excellence in class' which was good for thinning out the bricks until I came up against the Piro vs Noisy Cricket, and then became even harder when I factored in the torch Elev⁸r vs [insert TRWW TED here]. And then more recently the TRWW DV Quartz Cap vs Vaphit QC. Now it's simply one in one out.

Although I like to try different vapes, I prefer a very small number, although the legal issues of exchanging used hardware in illegal territories drives needless ownership of stuff and stymies a culture of exchange and mutual pleasure

bellona0544

Hey y'all. I know you don't need advice from some faceless vaper on the internet, but please make sure you are not spending more than you have and can afford to on hobbies. Compulsive spending in order to get dopamine hits is basically encouraged in America, but spending more money than you have is not going to produce dopamine hits that are worth the anxiety that comes from owing lots of money. Be safe, and take care of yourselves!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
It's been about 6.5 years now since I made THE full-time switch and I've yet to sell a single "vaping era" purchase... given away a bunch of stuff, sure, but I know the minute I sell something I think I'll never use again is when I'll need it... except maybe the MV-1s, not moving that crap is/was just plain lazy (and maybe a little nostalgia.) Ok, maybe I'm a bit of a pack rat, too.... LMA! :rolleyes:

budski

cantre member
I abandoned combustion 11 months ago after 45 years of weed burning, so my VAS is kind of in the honeymoon phase. Bought a v3, one, one for the wife, then found this place and went off the rails, honeymoon is over, need to settle into normalcy with AVLP and Wand/Dynaverse as daily drivers. From here I'm not seeing beyond a Tempest and will replace the TM2 with the a newer purpleheart eventually,thanks all for helping me find "'excellence in class'

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
616NamP71JL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

More like: VAS, GAS or GASSY these days, amirite folks...?!💨😩

Unflatuency, only the first two are currently quenched...😱🙄

bellona0544

"'excellence in class"
I feel like this forum is great for getting all the little tips and tricks to maximize everything too! When the Tempest drops (if there is stock), I am gonna be thrilled that I already have a ton of great information on making the most of a new world-class device.

bellona0544,
Top Bottom