Vaping minimalism (the opposite of VAS?)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I walk, hike, climb etc often, and couldn't even imagine doing it with a stupid ol' block o' wood and glass stem jammed in my pocket. I guess maybe a backpack, cuz I don't do fannypacks. Even using one around the house never interested me much. Glass/ceramic carts filled with luscious live rosin/resin on a tiny battery provides just fine for me in those situations. I guess maybe camping, or extended trip I might take a DV and torch/IH but a hi power portable? Fuck that. I haven't used any of that fiddly crap in months and don't miss it at all. 🙏🏻

Edit: tho maybe somewhat "minimal" even these seem sorta stupid for around the house now after having purchased an OH-TR:

Last edited:
Glass/ceramic carts filled with luscious live rosin on a tiny battery provides just fine for me in those situations.
Carts, I see as a 2nd choice portable. Stealthy enough but can fall out of shirt pocket. (Retired, but still love to play mechanic)
For 4 decades the pinch hitter (bat) was my choice in portability. Never thought of damage to the box, even in heavy labor situations. Pax Fits that same bill. That thing is about bulletproof in that respect.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Carts, I see as a 2nd choice portable. Stealthy enough but can fall out of shirt pocket. (Retired, but still love to play mechanic)
For 4 decades the pinch hitter (bat) was my choice in portability. Never thought of damage to the box, even in heavy labor situations. Pax Fits that same bill. That thing is about bulletproof in that respect.
Nah, no way. "Stealthy enough"...? Ha. Nothing is stealthier. No reason for anything to be falling out of any shirt pockets either. There are tons of ways around this.

I got this in '87 at Headlines, a headshop in Nashua, NH. Sorry, I gave away all my aluminum cig batts, milk glass batts and brass sinked batts years ago and had to hand make and fit many replacement tops....:

Talk about minimalist. I likened this back then, my most commonly used method by far, to a "shot" or hypodermic injection of sorts for weed.... ha.

Talk about minimalist. I likened this back then, my most commonly used method by far, to a "shot" or hypodermic injection of sorts for weed.... ha.
Still got one, just incase. :smug:
Their efficient too. Some of us remember the dry times. As ole Freak Out Freddie Said.... Weed will get you through times of no money, but than money will get you through times of no weed !!!!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I remember having a dugout just like that. Prob wasn't the same brand. Mine was worn also, and most of that missing wood was probably smoked since I would scrap the shit out of it to get high in times of "no weed". Then I stopped weed all together for about 20-25 years, got married, had kids, didn't want to smoke. When I learned about vaping 8-10 years ago, I was back.

I tend to find what I like and stick with it. If it wasn't for the kids and having to hide my shit all the time, I'd probably still be using my e-nano. Loved that log and it was a DD for many years.

I have bought and tried a lot of vapes through the years. Most are in the drawer since I don't know how to sell them without giving up your anonymity. Every now and then I'll try something new, but have had no interest for a while because my 2 vapes are all I really need.

I have a TM2 for flower and a Core e-rig (with upgraded V5) for concentrates. That's really all I use. When out at the beach in the summer I'll use a Terp pen or a cartridge but really those 2 vapes are it. And I'm really not loving the carts anymore.

When the Core goes, I'll get the Core 2. It's that good. The TM2 has a 10 year warranty, but if the TM3 is really better I might upgrade. Thought about the Venty, the Toad, the Firewood, the Terp hammer, the Tempest... but nah. Good with what I have. I'll spend my cash on good flower and hash rosin.

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Like most communities of enthusiasts (eg yeast bakers), FC attracts some folks who like to do one thing to death (sourdough loaves), others who prize their kit (high hydration doughs in kitchen aid mixers, or what they can achieve with wood fired pizza ovens), and others whose taste for lavash and naan breads means building their own or importing a gas fired tandoor. We all like baking bread our own way.

Like most communities of enthusiasts (eg yeast bakers), FC attracts some folks who like to do one thing to death (sourdough loaves), others who prize their kit (high hydration doughs in kitchen aid mixers, or what they can achieve with wood fired pizza ovens), and others whose taste for lavash and naan breads means building their own or importing a gas fired tandoor. We all like baking bread our own way.
Well Put.... in such light, "heated arguments" of form over function vs function over form are moot.

:cheers:

StellarLarve

Considering that I bought my first vape, a Dynavap Omni XL Titanium, in 2019 and still use it almost daily, and only acquired a Vapman since, I think I consider myself a minimalist.

I have VAS episodes, the latest provoking this post, but despite all the good recommendations, I still haven't decided anything. Tinymight 2 is really tempting, but if I am honest, I do not vape enough to really justify the need, and I am not at ease with the concept of yet another eletronic gadget.
I'll maybe wait for the Tempest. Or not. Still dreaming about a vapbong or a Toad though… :D

As for the VAS argument… No judgment, I totally get the enthusiasm, etc, but I'll admit I cringe a bit when I see posts with "I ordered device XY, have not received it yet. What can I buy next?", or threads that turn on buy-buy-buy mode and where the only discussion seem to revolve around accessories and add-ons and all the other things that one need to buy.

Perfect_Speed4069

I cringe a bit when I see posts with "I ordered device XY, have not received it yet. What can I buy next?", or threads that turn on buy-buy-buy mode
I used to get frustrated by this, until I realised that ultimately, this is a site about consumption and consuming, where each of us normalises and consumption and consuming.

I've come to realise that the way we behave here is a demonstration of our attitudes to consumer capitalism.

Ownership is the key problem here. The only viable way to trying new things is to buy and own them. There's no try before you buy. No borrow it for a weekend.

Be the change. If you've got too much stuff, think about giving it away.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I cringe a bit when I see posts with "I ordered device XY, have not received it yet. What can I buy next?", or threads that turn on buy-buy-buy mode and where the only discussion seem to revolve around accessories and add-ons and all the other things that one need to buy.
and to add to @Perfect_Speed4069 stellar input/advice.... "cringe" = jealousy. PERIOD.
and no one NEEDS to do ANYTHING.

WE have to ALWAYS remember that we're ALL individuals here, and we all want or need different things for different reasons and that something that may be great for one person is terrible for another. Right, wrong or indifferent. As well as different styles of expression....

Ownership is the key problem here. The only viable way to trying new things is to buy and own them. There's no try before you buy. No borrow it for a weekend.
Which is exactly why I often post order invoices.... so that way you know, not to show off or brag, as is always easy to ASSuME, especially when you're a "hater"... You know, like my very own "TEAM LIKE AROUND" I like to refer to them as..... they're cute and funny (nevermind shallow, boring and childish) and follow me wherever I go!

lapis

I currently have four vapes – Vapman, Dani, Stunner, and Lotus, in order of acquisition – and, honestly, now that I have the Lotus, I'm strongly considering getting rid of the Dani and Stunner, since the Lotus suits me great as a heavy hitter without the downsides of the "heat battery" design of the Dani and Stunner. I really want to get a Morwood Toad eventually, but other than that, I feel content with what I can get from the Vapman and Lotus, I just want a nice, wood, battery-powered portable for when I'm feeling too lazy to torch.

Oh, and of course, I'm now looking into getting some nicer glass to go along with the Lotus – but that's totally not VAS, right?

Last edited:

StellarLarve

and to add to @Perfect_Speed4069 stellar input/advice.... "cringe" = jealousy. PERIOD.
and no one NEEDS to do ANYTHING.

WE have to ALWAYS remember that we're ALL individuals here, and we all want or need different things for different reasons and that something that may be great for one person is terrible for another. Right, wrong or indifferent. As well as different styles of expression....

Yep. Totally. I agree. My point was more about the potentially problematic shopping addiction. If one want/need to buy dozens of different vapes, or tens of different -or similar…– stems or accessories, good for them, really, and perhaps if I was a heavier user or with more disposable income, I would listen more to the VAS voices. And again, ZERO judgment, but I can’t help to find a bit sad to already be thinking about the next purchase, when the current one is not even home yet, without taking the time to discover and acclimate a new device, and enjoy it, before rushing to the next one.

Sorry if something was lost in translation, only good vibes here.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I can’t help to find a bit sad to already be thinking about the next purchase, when the current one is not even home yet, without taking the time to discover and acclimate a new device, and enjoy it, before rushing to the next one.
and I completely agree with this....👍🏻:peace:

Edit: sorry, cut this off by accident:
Sorry if something was lost in translation, only good vibes here.
Same here as well...✌️

Last edited:

Mndeadhead

i used to have a ton as well, but have narrowed it down to a wireless desktop, the lobo for out and about, and an anvil. Everything else has either been sold, given away, or is sitting in a closet. gave my angus to my step son, sent a desktop to a buddy trying to kick the habit. Gone are a brick, mighty, TM, bowle, Arizer EQ, Volcano, Crafty, one, and countless dynavaps. Down to an AVLP, a Flowerpot Pro and even a Proxy that don't see the light of day anymore and will probably get moved at some point in time. It was fun to rip through a bunch of different ones, but I've found the ones that for me require the least amount of time to medicate, maintain, and hit the hardest. My wife is in the same boat. After ripping through a bunch of stuff, she has settled on a Mighty and the B1. Funny that in the same house we have different preferences for our daily drivers.

Perfect_Speed4069

GAS is SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive than VAS!!!
Yes and no. I have recently (with the encouragement of my significant other) really pared back my glass. I now restrict myself to one excellent example in each genre: rattle can; globe; fc-199; improved fc-mod; preposterously oversized modular hydratube affair that's beautifully made but a fucker to clean. Hard limit of £65 per piece (inc postage). Having a one in one out policy really helps. It's made every purchase a considered purchase.

Durbandream

Yeah, I'm very much like this about pretty much everything though. I have the TM2 and the Air Max, and both are pretty indispensable. The TM2 is obviously the more versatile and convenient vape but the Air Max gets me higher, in a more intense way.

The only place I got unexpectedly extravagant were my butane vapes. I got a Terpcicle just to try it and liked it so much I ended up with 3 more, all of which have distinctly different vape personalities which I love equally.

simba

@weedanwine
I'll maybe wait for the Tempest. Or not. Still dreaming about a vapbong or a Toad though… :D
If you put your name on the Toad waitlist now, you might get one by the time your TM2 is waning 😉

Yes and no. I have recently (with the encouragement of my significant other) really pared back my glass. I now restrict myself to one excellent example in each genre: rattle can; globe; fc-199; improved fc-mod; preposterously oversized modular hydratube affair that's beautifully made but a fucker to clean. Hard limit of £65 per piece (inc postage). Having a one in one out policy really helps. It's made every purchase a considered purchase.
Yeah you can keep it cheap if you're solely getting China glass 🤣

Perfect_Speed4069

You can keep it cheap if you're solely getting China glass 🤣
Very limited affordable functional options in the UK, unless you want ginormous holograhic beakers feat Rick and Morty or novelty cock and ball pipes. Are there any UK manufacturers producing stuff like Ehle in Germany? (Not sure either C1-Sci Fi or Basil Bush quite cut it tbh)

simba

@weedanwine
Very limited affordable functional options in the UK, unless you want ginormous holograhic beakers feat Rick and Morty or novelty cock and ball pipes. Are there any UK manufacturers producing stuff like Ehle in Germany? (Not sure either C1-Sci Fi or Basil Bush quite cut it tbh)
I've had UK Dynavap stems around that price or a little cheaper, but no full pieces. Seems very little for a full piece?

simba,

Perfect_Speed4069

I've had UK Dynavap stems around that price or a little cheaper, but no full pieces. Seems very little for a full piece?
Vapefiend have a couple of decent Easy Flow Glass pieces that aren't obviously re-branded Chinese; recommended vape supplies also has some well-chosen imported/ own-brand options; vape wellness for Sneaky Pete. That's about it to be honest, aside from Heady Shops whose entry level glass starts about £300, mostly bought by 40yos who still wear baseball caps

Perfect_Speed4069,
Top Bottom