Vaping minimalism (the opposite of VAS?)

chimpybits

VNAS = vape non-acquisition syndrome. A clunky attempt to come up with an acronym that's basically the opposite of VAS. Maybe VRS is better?

As you described the process of countless cycles of researching vapes (following fc threads, watching YT) only to finally decide against again. Symptomatic.
Yeah I've brought up this idea before a few times over the years. I've happily used 1 vape almost exclusively daily for years now. IH + dV.

fangorn

I searched and bought all the "best portable vaporizers" in the categories that interested me (or not)...
I've owned many, but never all at once. I always sell to buy again...
recently I had too many vaporizers for my taste and I didn't like the sensation!!

I decided to keep vapman/lotus/2 all-glass vapes/and the Dan Morrisons.
I have 2 copies of each but it's for the collection side... it's slightly different...
I just hope I don't end up with 5 copies of each 🤣
I will be far from minimalism...

CANtalk

Luv seeing this topic ❤️ and others out there. Keep sharing ur VNAS.

Never had VAS here. I guess it's because I have way too many other more fun hobbies, vacations & shit I need to spend my money on first 👍 :| :lol: . In the end, I vape to get high, I don't get high to vape.

I'm no vape heathen either. I keep a two vape collection, which includes a premium powerhouse desktop (home) electronic vaporizer that slays all use plus a quality ultraportable electronic vape. I wanted to cover all the bases in total location-wise availability & convenience, as well as in wide & deep utility 👍

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Luv seeing this topic ❤️ and others out there. Keep sharing ur VNAS.

Never had VAS here. I guess it's because I have way too many other more fun hobbies, vacations & shit I need to spend my money on first 👍 :| :lol: . In the end, I vape to get high, I don't get high to vape.

I'm no vape heathen either. I keep a two vape collection, which includes a premium powerhouse desktop (home) electronic vaporizer that slays all use plus a quality ultraportable electronic vape. I wanted to cover all the bases in total location-wise availability & convenience, as well as in wide & deep utility 👍

So.... What are these two vapes??
Inquisitive minds must know!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

So you gonna keep us in suspense about these two vapes?

Edit: @lazylathe was quicker on the draw 😋

CANtalk

So.... What are these two vapes??
Inquisitive minds must know!

So you gonna keep us in suspense about these two vapes?

Edit: @lazylathe was quicker on the draw 😋

Haha :lol: :tup:. I will say everyone has their own personal preferences in vape priorities & I appreciate hearing about the other excellent vapes out there. These are mine,

My desktop is the VapeXhale EVO. Coming up on 5 years quickly w/ it. This vape fits me pretty perfectly, the 250 watt rated heater brings the goods in power & in combination with an isolated all glass air path using a SS ELB / basket (outside the heater). It extracts hard, better & faster than any portable vape I've tried (even my heavy cannabis smoker friends need to take care or get huge hardcore coughing fits, bit a droolin' :lol:). It never needs to reheat once warmed up (even back to back big group use) & never needs charging or batteries changes/replacement. Can dab concentrates & vape flower / hash. It's a cold start low temp dab setup which I think is great, & all glass everywhere (no SS basket / ELB). I've macrodosed killed 0.3+ g in it, & very effectively microdosed down to 0.0125 g. This vape is awesome in group use, one can even give everyone their own basket / bowl / ELB & glass mouthpiece, then simply pass the EVO / heater unit around. There's even a 4 person hookah setup, & all sorts of dry and wet mouthpieces available :goat:. It's also a fully safe encapsulated unit with no heat / burn / fire hazard. I love a safe vape, have pets & the EVO works so well I use it in the home family room on the couch (where the big TV, sound system & laptop are :cheers:). Make an afternoon & or evening of vaping & kick back, use it / enjoy 🥳. Another big thing with the EVO is that it's uber easy to clean, just basically the basket & mouthpiece. I clean the ELBs weekly by simply dropping them into a hot water PBW mix in a small inexpensive ultrasonic cleaner, press a button & done uber clean in 7 minutes. I submerge the glass mouthpiece(s) (w/ no trapped air bubbles) into a drinking water glass filled with more hot water PBW mix. Simply let the glass mouthpiece sit for 10 minutes & if not uber clean, repeat with new mix for another 10 min & done. Everything comes out perfect clean quick & hands off. PBW is a hard core cleaner & much better in my experience than ISO, cheap too. Win win win win. I won't compromise any less now on ease of cleaning (some great ball vape options are similar in this manner)

My ultraportable is the S&B Crafty, >9 years of ownership. Love the ultraportable-ness of it & wouldn't go any bigger or introduce glass. I'll even MTB with it on trails (& crash). Still going, but if the Crafty ever kicks the bucket, I'll look to the Davinci IQ2 atm. I love the small small ultraportability even more, so discrete. It's also dosage pod capable, has a wide accessory ecosystem & is a easily replaceable 18650 battery compartment style. I also wanted a clean airpath, I prefer the zirconium heater setup to the Crafty heater design & materials (and especially to any vape with a metal heater w/s fins in the airpath). I don't think we've hit peak portable vapes yet, I'm looking for another couple big leaps in generational battery power / efficiency first (10X or so would be nice :)). Then isolated airpath convection heater portable electronic vapes for flower may be fleshed out & work close to their desktop brethren 🙏

TLDR, I really like powerful safe vapes w/ quick extraction, an isolated clean airpath (even materials like glass & Zirconia ceramic), flexibility, durability & very easy cleaning. Your priorities may be different from mine & there are lots of excellent vapes out there

The ball vape scene is exploding, love the Zirconia ceramic setups coming out, etc.

HAF TGIF here :science::science:, so sorry for spelling / grammar awkwardness :razz:. Will try to circle back & improve

Have a great night

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Haha :lol: :tup:. I will say everyone has their own personal preferences in vape priorities & I appreciate hearing about the other excellent vapes out there. These are mine,

My desktop is the VapeXhale EVO. Coming up on 5 years quickly w/ it. This vape fits me pretty perfectly, the 250 watt rated heater brings the goods in power & in combination with an isolated all glass air path using a SS ELB / basket (outside the heater). It extracts hard, better & faster than any portable vape I've tried (even my heavy cannabis smoker friends need to take care or get huge hardcore coughing fits, bit a droolin' :lol:). It never needs to reheat once warmed up (even back to back big group use) & never needs charging or batteries changes/replacement. Can dab concentrates & vape flower / hash. It's a cold start low temp dab setup which I think is great, & all glass everywhere (no SS basket / ELB). I've macrodosed killed 0.3+ g in it, & very effectively microdosed down to 0.0125 g. This vape is awesome in group use, one can even give everyone their own basket / bowl / ELB & glass mouthpiece, then simply pass the EVO / heater unit around. There's even a 4 person hookah setup, & all sorts of dry and wet mouthpieces available :goat:. It's also a fully safe encapsulated unit with no heat / burn / fire hazard. I love a safe vape, have pets & the EVO works so well I use it in the home family room on the couch (where the big TV, sound system & laptop are :cheers:). Make an afternoon & or evening of vaping & kick back, use it / enjoy 🥳. Another big thing with the EVO is that it's uber easy to clean, just basically the basket & mouthpiece. I clean the ELBs weekly by simply dropping them into a hot water PBW mix in a small inexpensive ultrasonic cleaner, press a button & done uber clean in 7 minutes. I submerge the glass mouthpiece(s) (w/ no trapped air bubbles) into a drinking water glass filled with more hot water PBW mix. Simply let the glass mouthpiece sit for 10 minutes & if not uber clean, repeat with new mix for another 10 min & done. Everything comes out perfect clean quick & hands off. PBW is a hard core cleaner & much better in my experience than ISO, cheap too. Win win win win. I won't compromise any less now on ease of cleaning (some great ball vape options are similar in this manner)

My ultraportable is the S&B Crafty, >9 years of ownership. Love the ultraportable-ness of it & wouldn't go any bigger or introduce glass. I'll even MTB with it on trails (& crash). Still going, but if the Crafty ever kicks the bucket, I'll look to the Davinci IQ2 atm. I love the small small ultraportability even more, so discrete. It's also dosage pod capable, has a wide accessory ecosystem & is a easily replaceable 18650 battery compartment style. I also wanted a clean airpath, I prefer the zirconium heater setup to the Crafty heater design & materials (and especially to any vape with a metal heater w/s fins in the airpath). I don't think we've hit peak portable vapes yet, I'm looking for another couple big leaps in generational battery power / efficiency first (10X or so would be nice :)). Then isolated airpath convection heater portable electronic vapes for flower may be fleshed out & work close to their desktop brethren 🙏

TLDR, I really like powerful safe vapes w/ quick extraction, an isolated clean airpath (even materials like glass & Zirconia ceramic), flexibility, durability & very easy cleaning. Your priorities may be different from mine & there are lots of excellent vapes out there

The ball vape scene is exploding, love the Zirconia ceramic setups coming out, etc.

HAF TGIF here :science::science:, so sorry for spelling / grammar awkwardness :razz:. Will try to circle back & improve

Have a great night

You would not be disappointed with the IQ2. It's my favorite ultraportable. Built like a tank.

CANtalk

You would not be disappointed with the IQ2. It's my favorite ultraportable. Built like a tank.
I've very impressed w/ my friend's
jack nicholson yes GIF

If you can get it down to 2 that's like a Buddhist ascetic.
Cheers

I get my variety in vaping from the worlds of cannabis flower strains / batches (grows), hash & concentrates :tup: . So much to explore, it all brings big differences in f/x & experiences. And I can confirm all of them are great. Currently I'm a vaped flower disciple :love:, it's most of what I do w/ the added fun of ~16 strains / batches at the moment. Temp step all the way for max potency & f/x :science:. The entourage f/x w/ a good batch are 🌠🌠

Best Gif Wow GIF

And from time to time, cold start low temp dabbing w/ water pieces brings some variety in a big THC punch for those so inclined :evil: :evil:

Last edited:
If you can get it down to 2 that's like a Buddhist ascetic.
This might come with age, and/or a deeper understanding of value. In my youth & mid-life I was extravagant in many things.

2 Dry Herb devices and a dab rig. The Banger has been collecting dust for several years now. It can for me to be too much, and unpredictable.
This is where FC began for me.

The Pax 3 does not get much love here. I have yet to find another as trouble free, simple and stealthy as that unit. Found a few tricks to make it do the task I desire. One is stepping from 2 to 3, but never higher than 3. Not a fan of burnt cardboard & I can function at a much higher level.

New to Ball vapes (6mo's) CH F22 & a microdose bowl. Work it like a one hitter. Still in learning phase. :smug:
I will build or have built the next one. I am liking the design of the T360. I just think too much space is open to swallow the bowl for conduction. I see 300/3mm balls or 50% increase in heat mass as the next experiment. Flatter Heat curve input/output. That's the engineer in me thinking, and I am still in the thinking phase.

Good to see a minimalist topic. :cheers:

Radwin Bodnic

Leave his Buddhist ascetic wisdom in peace you nasty tempter !

No wonder what's triggers VAS... this forum has some bad side effects.

I've only used one vapman for 10 years and then discovered FC and in 10 months I've bought 2 spares vapman's, 3 vaponics, a herbo Ti, a EMK and lot of paraphernalia.

Last edited:

Varden

What do you guys do with the vapes that you need them "built like a tank"?

I have taken vapes with glass all over the place and I think I broke one stem once because someone from another table pushed ours. In years of taking my vape around. That's it.

Cannabiker

I have taken vapes with glass all over the place and I think I broke one stem once because someone from another table pushed ours. In years of taking my vape around. That's it.
I take vapes mountain biking, where they live in my pack, which sometimes ends up beneath me, absorbing the impact of various misjudgments.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

It's a great feature to have in an "outdoor" vape, not just a portable. In my vaping lineup, an "outdoor" vape means it's rugged by definition. I could go hiking with it. I could go to a party and pass it around. People are high and/or drunk and I could be sharing it with them. You have to plan for the worst.

A glass vape isn't really portable in my opinion. In your anecdote you weren't even sharing your vape and it got damaged by someone else.

Most vapes are quite fragile and won't survive even 2 or 3 foot drops depending on the surface. I've had the IQ2 fall from 5 feet onto a slate floor and survive. That's the kind of ruggedness I want in an "outdoor" vape.

Varden

It's a great feature to have in an "outdoor" vape, not just a portable. In my vaping lineup, an "outdoor" vape means it's rugged by definition. I could go hiking with it. I could go to a party and pass it around. People are high and/or drunk and I could be sharing it with them. You have to plan for the worst.

A glass vape isn't really portable in my opinion. In your anecdote you weren't even sharing your vape and it got damaged by someone else.

Most vapes are quite fragile and won't survive even 2 or 3 foot drops depending on the surface. I've had the IQ2 fall from 5 feet onto a slate floor and survive. That's the kind of ruggedness I want in an "outdoor" vape.

I take a glass vape to clubs and lounges almost weekly. I pass the vape around. I have taken a glass vape even on sail boat for a full day trip. For years. Only once did it break.

I do appreciate the vapor of glass and strongly dislike the plastic flavour, and I know out of experience that carrying glass around is more than doable.

Saying it is not portable is ridiculous. You need what you need and it is great that you have options that work for you, but that is why I asking why do you need a vape built like a tank, because it seems a bit extra to me. Phones are not built like a tank and have glass. I take mine everywhere and I'm pretty sure you do too, without too many issues.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I take a glass vape to clubs and lounges almost weekly. I pass the vape around. I have taken a glass vape even on sail boat for a full day trip. For years. Only once did it break.
You took it on a full day trip... for years? You also mentioned only breaking a glass stem? Like an Arizer or TM2 or something? That's not the same as a glass vape. That's a vape with a glass stem. A Vaponic or Terpicle is an example of a glass vape to me. I don't think you're blazing one of these up in a club... I hope.
I do appreciate the vapor of glass and strongly dislike the plastic flavour, and I know out of experience that carrying glass around is more than doable.
It's doable but not such a great idea imo. Glass is fragile and requires care. That's not the frame of mind I'm in when I bring a vape outdoors. I want to enjoy myself, not worry if I'm drunk or high or worry about others I want to share it with mishandling it.

Also, the IQ2 isn't plastic and doesn't have plastic in the vapor path. I love the taste of glass vapes myself but I'm not going to tempt fate and bring it on a hiking trip. Sure, you can be careful but it's nice not to have to worry.
Saying it is not portable is ridiculous. You need what you need and it is great that you have options that work for you, but that is why I asking why do you need a vape built like a tank, because it seems a bit extra to me. Phones are not built like a tank and have glass. I take mine everywhere and I'm pretty sure you do too, without too many issues.
Let's not fall victim to hyperbole. What I said was that, in my opinion, glass vapes aren't really portable. Then I further qualified "portable" in this sense to mean an "outdoor" vape. One you could use almost anywhere. Sure a glass vape is "portable" if I just bring it to my friend's house, who I trust, and we're careful.

If you want to be very careful with your glass vapes on a boat, that's fine but I'd rather enjoy them at home and relax outdoors with an IQ2 knowing I don't have to be on guard all the time and I could let others use it without worry. Nothing "extra" about it at all. Just common sense.

Also, phones are a terrible example. Most phones are in phone cases when being used, much less so with vapes. Also a phone will usually still work with a cracked screen, and I'm sure we all know someone with a cracked screen. Even with phone cases. It happens all the time. If you used your glass vape as often as your phone, in all the different places you take your phone, I think you'd have a lot more accidents. And one mistake with your vape and it's game over. You're not going to vape cracked glass.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
So, I guess, when you (I) really think about it, I basically have (use) only one "vape" for about 95% of ALL my usage, with about maybe 5% cart use, if that.... I LOVE having one of the most ADVANCED and FLEXIBLE systems on the planet...! :cool::brow::clap::rockon::love::tup::
tumblr_ml9reg9OwW1s0w3s7o1_500.gif

And was TRULY getting BORED with all that AGES OLD often now "OUT OF BUSINESS" or otherwise UNSUPPORTED tech you still see people using out there that somehow believe it's still relevant in any way.... :ugh::( 🥱 and kinda feel sorry for them (or their wanton ignorance).

Guess I'm just glad I was able to afford to upgrade pretty much EVERYTHING this year... I mean, who doesn't like or want upgrades?

Edit:
American Beauty (7/10) Movie CLIP - I Rule! (1999) HD

Last edited:
Bologna,

Varden

@TigoleBitties obviously a vape with glass stem. And obviously I was not referring to the boat trip when I said for years after a full stop...

I do not baby my vape or have to be super extra careful. Same as a phone. I just do not understand how people are fine carrying around a phone with glass and more fragile than a vape. And constantly use it. But a vape with some glass is a no no, to the point of saying it is not portable. Is a mobile phone also not portable?

But, again, I'm happy you get what you need or want. I just do not really understand.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I do not baby my vape or have to be super extra careful. Same as a phone. I just do not understand how people are fine carrying around a phone with glass and more fragile than a vape. And constantly use it. But a vape with some glass is a no no, to the point of saying it is not portable. Is a mobile phone also not portable?
This is basically how I look at it. I take my TM hiking, cycling, etc. I do take it out of my pocket for climbing, just like my phone.

I do not consider my all-glass vapes portable though. Anything that needs a big torch also stays at home.

Varden

portable maybe, pocketable not. If I need to carry an extra padded bag when I go out for the day (skiing, biking, working, onewheeling) I'm going to be thinking twice about how bad I need a glass piece on the go.
Doing sports I understand, I generally do not vape when doing sports, so I have no experience there.

But I usually take my vape with glass in my pocket when I go to clubs or restaurants, without issues.

Varden,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
@TigoleBitties obviously a vape with glass stem.
Well, that changes everything. A vape with a glass stem is not a glass vape so we're discussing different things.
And obviously I was not referring to the boat trip when I said for years after a full stop...
Haha ok, I was being a little facetious but the grammar was funny. 😆
Moot point now since that wasn't what I was discussing. A vape with some glass is fine. Glass stems are fine in a case until they're needed and they represent little cost to replace anyhow.
But, again, I'm happy you get what you need or want. I just do not really understand.
Just a misunderstanding methinks. All good.

Top Bottom