Vaping in a Car.....

lwien

I was reading this thread >> http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4772
and it got me thinkin'. Why? Why would someone feel that they want to use an SSV in the car? Why not just use a portable that doesn't require a power converter or vape BEFORE you get into your car, or..........just wait till you get to where you're going?

To me, using an SSV in your car is kind of like wanting to drink from a keg in your car.

To each his own though, but I just find it a bit odd.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
one reason you would want to use a SSV in the car, not while driving, but if your at an outdoor party or tailgater. Would be nice to have a home vape rather than a portable vape in those situations.
Or a trip to a concert with a bunch of people so you can get vaped before you go in.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
one reason you would want to use a SSV in the car, not while driving, but if your at an outdoor party or tailgater. Would be nice to have a home vape rather than a portable vape in those situations.
Or a trip to a concert with a bunch of people so you can get vaped before you go in.

Ah, ok. Didn't think about those situations. Thanks. I was just thinking about using it while driving.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I would not use a SSV while driving... but that is me personally. I have seen people with Extremes Set up in their car to vape on long road trips. The only time I vape in a car is when I know it is going to be a shorter trip than it takes or the Vapor to hit me.

DevoTheStrange,

DaProfessor

I'm of the opinion that vaping while driving is irresponsible. Just like any other drug that can cause intoxicating effects. But having a vape while you are safely parked is fine :lol:

I've been using my iolite as a car vape. However, I think I will keep a log vape in my car once I get a second one.

DaProfessor,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
lwien said:
To me, using an SSV in your car is kind of like wanting to drink from a keg in your car.

Except one is Alcohol and the other is frickin' pot. Sure it's dumb, but being high and driving is nowhere near comparable to being drunk and driving.

I can say this with experience and I'm not proud to say that I have dranken and drove back when I was younger and actually consumed alcohol.

aesthyrian,

lwien

aesthyrian said:
lwien said:

Except one is Alcohol and the other is frickin' pot. Sure it's dumb, but being high and driving is nowhere near comparable to being drunk and driving.

Back in my druggie days, I drove drunk on alcohol, drove high on pot, on acid, on psilocybin, on quaaludes, on seconal, on tuinals, crystal meth, and probably a few others that I don't remember right now and I thank my lucky stars that I never killed anyone or myself. I was lucky, REAL lucky and my recommendation would be NOT to drive when being intoxicated by ANYTHING, including pot. It's just not worth the gamble when your life or someone else's life is what you are gambling with. The question always needs to be asked, is getting high THAT important that you would be willing to take that risk, and if the answer is yes, than I would suggest that there are bigger issues at play here.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
But like you said yourself Ler - its one thing to Drink and drive. Its another to DRINK A FUCKING KEG WHILE YOU ARE DRIVINGGGGGG!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :o

You must not have lived yet ;)

AGBeer,

lwien

AGBeer said:
But like you said yourself Ler - its one thing to Drink and drive. Its another to DRINK A FUCKING KEG WHILE YOU ARE DRIVINGGGGGG!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :o

You must not have lived yet ;)

I guess. :lol:

But I just thought of something. I had a good buddy that I used to get high with a lot. A bunch of us used to pile in his van every weekend on the way to a concert, Hendrix, the Stones, the Who, Tull, etc etc etc. We all used to flow out of his van in the parking lot of the Forum fucked out of our skulls and had to wait till everyone left in the parking lot so we could find the van. Fun days.

But then I quit all that shit and heard years later that he killed an old homeless woman who darted out in front of his van in a crosswalk. He came from a pretty wealthy family, and so he was charged with simple manslaughter and got probation. He was high on pot, but he said that he would have hit her anyway because she just darted out and it was 12:00 at night and he didn't see her, but the question will remain in his head forever. If he wasn't high, could his reaction time been a bit quicker to avoid this? Was it worth the high?

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im sorry, I guess the level of humor/sarcasm might have been a wee bit lost there ;) (No worries though)

But yes, I agree with you in the fact that there is a time and a place for everything. I too kinda wondered about the SSV in a moving vehicle as well. I mean, it is one thing to drive when medicated (even if its mildly) its another thing to do it WHILE you are driving.

AGBeer,

lwien

Naw AG. You're humor wasn't lost on me. It just sparked a memory that I hadn't thought of in awhile.

lwien,

SmokingElectricity

yeah...

my doing crazy shit days for the most part are over. i used to drive around smoking a 16" bong. not too bright ehh? i try to keep ALL paraphernalia at home nowadays. if it is really necessary, i may bring my LB out. but uhh no DBV or SSV in the whip.

[doing vapor bongs while doing 85 on the LIE... fuck it smfh LOL]

SmokingElectricity,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I actually have driven around while drinking out of a keg in my van. :uhoh: The crazy shit I did in college never ceases to amaze me. I don't know how I managed to keep out of trouble. Dumb luck probably.

Stu,

Gunky

I think it's better not to drive if your reactions/attention are impaired.

Another thing to think about: if a cop finds you with a vape and meds inside the vehicle (not in the trunk), you are quite likely to lose your drivers license. I overheard somebody in a clinic talking about this happening to him.

Gunky,

djonkoman

there is research that has proven that drivers on weed drive even a bit better as sober, but this is mostly because contrary to drunk people, high people know there driving is impaired and change their drivingstyle accordingly
but I do think it really depends on the person, and if you're a regular user or ocassional(tolerance first develops in areas related to motorcontrol etc, so a regular user will be less impaired)
I myself think I could pull it off since I function usually better high(and I gain depth perception, usually I only look with one eye but high I look with both eyes even without concentrating on it), but still I prefer to just take my bicycle, that way I don't have to worry one bit about getting high or drunk, and it's also very nice to drive a bicycle with some good music on while you're high, you can just dream off looking at the landscape around you(except when at night those stupid fucking streetlights block all the view with all ther fucking light, and the carlights blinding you making it even impossible to see the side of the road or bicycle path, I hate streetlights and carlights and every other lights at night, I want darkness and I love darkness, my nightvision is pretty good but not if I constantly get blinded by all those lights)

djonkoman,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
My post was taken out of context.
Why would I operate the silver surfer while driving? I don't even smoke while I drive.

I can't smoke at home and I wanted a really nice vaporizer for when I moved out.
Also because then with a power inverter, the Silver Surfer DOES become a portable.

I'm going to use the SSV only when I'm parked because I smoke in my car every night IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE.

House=No go
Car=Okay to parents.

I also chose the Silver Surfer over a portable because in my mind, the Silver Surfer is the best vaporizer on the market today.

Another benefit is that the smell will disipate rather quickly, I wont have to ash my joints/bowls anymore, and it's just a cleaner high.

There was NO reason for me to get another vaporizer, they didn't offer what I wanted.
The Silver Surfer although did with it's customization, quality of vapor, how fast the vape heats up, how sturdy the vaporizer is, how nice it looks, how hot it gets, AND the electrical needs.

Shipwreck,

its ok

i drove around with my vapor bros hooked up to a power adapter all of last summer.

looking back it was dumb, and will probably be keeping it at home.

however if youve got a co pilot its quite stealth, all you do is pass the tube low and no one is any wiser

its ok,

SleepyHead

I try to never carry anything when leaving the household, if I'm going somewhere I'll vape beforehand to relive my social anxiety and continue on my way. Bringing something in the car like that would just make me more nervous than high.

SleepyHead,

crawdad

floatin
congrats for finding something that works for ya shipwreck.

last thing on my mind when vaping is driving, unless its a munchie run.

crawdad,

misswhisp

Better sound system in my car than in my house. Park it up on the (usually deserted) top of the multi-level car park and look out at the east coast with some massive tunes. The car park is for the shopping centre, so get my munch on and wander down for a coffee and a nibble. Try not to buy anything too ridiculous on my way to the food court. Don't worry , lamp shade with the print of a chinese peasant farmer, I don't regret buying you.

misswhisp,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I don't mind using my MFLB in the car, while my husband is driving.

Vicki,

blacktopperchris

Stealth Vaper
I totally agree with djonkoman.

For me, I know the amount that suits the situation. For instance, I know not to get fucked out of my head and go cruising, I do not vape more than it takes me to the "damn I feel great" high that still enables you to use all of your motor skills. I am usually very aware of my environment and all of the things around me and also usually never travel over the speed limit either!:cool:

blacktopperchris,
Reactions: JSteez4205

lwien

blacktopperchris said:

For me, I know the amount that suits the situation. For instance, I know not to get fucked out of my head and go cruising, I do not vape more than it takes me to the "damn I feel great" high that still enables you to use all of your motor skills. I am usually very aware of my environment and all of the things around me and also usually never travel over the speed limit either!:cool:

The question is, do you think that there is a "possibility" that your reaction time will be slowed a bit in an emergency situation when you are even just a little bit high.

I don't believe that you can categorically say that it's not a possibility, and being that you can't and being that even a fraction of a second can mean the difference between life and death, not only for you, but for other totally innocent people, when you are driving in a 3000 to 4000 pound piece of metal at 35 mph+ on a crowded street, wouldn't it be wiser to error on the side of safety and not vape when driving, or.............if getting high is THAT important that you are willing to take that risk, regardless how small you believe that risk may be, than I suggest that there are other issues that need to be addressed here. (fuck, that was a long sentence)

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
lwien said:
blacktopperchris said:

The question is, do you think that there is a "possibility" that your reaction time will be slowed a bit in an emergency situation when you are even just a little bit high.

I don't believe that you can categorically say that it's not a possibility, and being that you can't and being that even a fraction of a second can mean the difference between life and death, not only for you, but for other totally innocent people, when you are driving in a 3000 to 4000 pound piece of metal at 35 mph+ on a crowded street, wouldn't it be wiser to err on the side of safety and not vape when driving, or.............if getting high is THAT important that you are willing to take that risk, regardless how small you believe that risk may be, than I suggest that there are other issues that need to be addressed here. (fuck, that was a long sentence)
another thing to consider is how much your reaction time is slowed down by talking to a passenger, focusing on a gps, or changing a radio station. all of these will impair you, it's to what extent will they impair you. if you notice that something is impairing your ability to drive, you should try your hardest to avoid it, but i personally have found (and i know i'm not the only one) that i am able to improve my ability to focus on driving with cannabis use, similar to a cup of coffee, except under the influence of cannabis i can be smoother (really important if you're karting, or doing autoX, or on a wet southern-california road with people swerving all over the place (the usual)). another positive effect is the increased tendancy to leave space and look further ahead.

that isn't to say that there are drawbacks, but i minimize these my selectively dosing compounds.
by sampling ahead of time, i know exactly how to get the good effects without the bad ones.

any responsible user should do the same.

Top Bottom