Vaping and Belching..discuss...

JDR

As goofy as it sounds, I'm always paranoid (I'm a Sativa man <ahem>) about my lungs and whether the dryness of the vaping process is drying out my lungs.. due to the slight pressure in my chest. Then I start belching and I realize I've been gulping air bigtime with my conservative approach to vaping. I don't like to burn.. so I gulp tons-o-air in the process. Just sayin...

Anybody?

JDR,

SD_haze

Hmm... could breathing deep through your diaphragm possibly contribute? (Expanding your stomach instead of your lungs as you breathe)

SD_haze,

weedemon

enthusiast
yes and when it get burping it means there is the possibility of throwing up too. vapes with a high air restriction do this to me. iv'e thrown up a few times from vapin. and it's all about the suction of the air resistance then im hitting them.

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I think that it is possible to develop GERD from swallowing smoke. When I used to combust regularly I would take huge hits and hold them in as long as I could. While blowing it out sometimes I would get a little drool going in mouth (don't know why) so naturally I would swallow it. Turns out that's a bad thing to do because swallowing the residual smoke in my mouth = GERD.

If you have ever belched and you instantly smell or see smoke then you know you need to adjust your tech. Try smaller hits, don't hold them in, and never swallow during or directly after a hit.

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
I think that it is possible to develop GERD from swallowing smoke. When I used to combust regularly I would take huge hits and hold them in as long as I could. While blowing it out sometimes I would get a little drool going in mouth (don't know why) so naturally I would swallow it. Turns out that's a bad thing to do because swallowing the residual smoke in my mouth = GERD.

If you have ever belched and you instantly smell or see smoke then you know you need to adjust your tech. Try smaller hits, don't hold them in, and never swallow during or directly after a hit.
I just realized that semi-recently. Smoke makes my GERD much worse, and restrictive pieces don't help.

deadc0ffee,

djonkoman

I've never burped smoke, but I have often still exhaled smoke on the 2nd or maybe even 3rd exhale after I took a hit from a joint(never had that with vapor, not that I remember at least)

is swallowing the drool only an issue with smoke? with vaporbonging I often get a little drool in my mouth while taking the hit(wich sometimes cuts off my hit, since if I would continue In would drool into the bong), and ofcourse I just swallow that. I have noticed smokers are often spitting, I always wondered why, maybe this is it? I've never done that, never been a tobaccosmoker and back when I combusted weed I also never spitted.

djonkoman,

weedemon

enthusiast

ty for this man! great info i've already got GERD... too late? or can it be fixed?

weedemon,

bigtvapes

ty for this man! great info i've already got GERD... too late? or can it be fixed?

As always, you want to go see your doc as he'll do tests with you to determine the best course of action for you. Int he meantime, GERD doesn't really get "cured" but it can be controlled. Try sleeping at night with an extra pillow to keep your body a little more upright and less flat. Don't eat at night (4-6 hour before bedtime), watch acidy foods and drinks, and if your up for it take the right medication. For instance, you don't ant to take TUMS if you have reoccurring GERD. It was never designed for that. TUMS is for your average person who gets a little heartburn after a burrito. You'll want to start using an over-the-counter medication like Pepcid to properly control acid. Again, don't start taking any regular meds without talking to your doc :-)

GERD is not a bog deal at first, but if not controlled it can lead to some pretty nasty shit you don't want down the road. The good news is millions of people worldwide have it. Just get with your doc, do some reading, and keep it under control and be one of the millions (like me) who just lives with it and enjoys their life.

bigtvapes,
Reactions: weedemon

weedemon

enthusiast
hehe ok, seems i'm already on track i pretty much already do all those thing.s i take nexium for my heartburn as tums Rolaids gaviscon etc... all of that shit is 100% ineffective for me.

I appreciate the tips all the same! i bet it may helps someone else too! knowledge is never wasted

i had to get blood work, and have a barium swallow test done. my valves leak releasing acid and food into my throat when i lay on certain angles too.

interestingly in my 10 years of smoking the herb, I always had the issue of swallowing smoke i couldn't help it' practically a reflex.

weedemon,

Kommyknocker

i've burped vapor and, not that I rammed my beak all up in that or anything, but It smelled quite stale. Plus I'd eaten cocopops so chocolate flavoured vapor staleness. Just the once though mind.

I actually thought about asking about this one here but decided against it as I thought It'd seem silly but hey I guess its valid enough.
Not very stealth either is it? LoL .. I mean I know we as a society have been somewhat conditioned by cartoons but I don't see anyone believing you've eaten a stick of TNT :mental:

Kommyknocker,

sunsett70

yes, the vapor burp, i thought it was silly too. happened twice to me. oh man, now i find out it could be long term dangerous?

@ notmyrealUSERname

"If you have ever belched and you instantly smell or see smoke then you know you need to adjust your tech. Try smaller hits, don't hold them in, and never swallow during or directly after a hit"

hey man, is that logical advice or proven medical stuff? wondering cause i always drink (quick sip 2-3 times) in between a major vapor hit, and immediately after the hit cause i have sensitive throat to the vapor heat. i dont have any GRED or major stomach problems but the (rare) vapor burb has caused me to think.

sunsett70,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Sorry, my advice is purely based on anecdotal evidence (afaik).

I said don't swallow durin or directly after because even when you blow out "all" the vapes after a hit there's always a bit left over that if you had excellent lighting you could still see on the second, third, or even fourth exhale. So if you swallow during that time you risk ingesting the vapor which your stomach can't handle, which IMO is a (major?) contributing factor in developing gerd.

I have used capes/ smoke interchangably in my posts, I don't know if there is a diff between the two or if capes are safer. I developed gerd during my combustion days so
That's where I am coming from.

notmyrealUSERname,
Top Bottom