Vaping after wisdom teeth removal

Infinite

I had my wisdom teeth removed earlier, and was planning on not smoking or vaping for a few days... welll fuck it. I have an Extreme Q, so I can do bag or whip.

I was planning on loading a bag, and holding the mouthpiece close to my face, and inhaling while I slowly squeeze the bag. I know I can get hits this way, but I'm concerned about the vapor.

Is it merely the suction that will cause you to get dry sockets? Is the heat, smoke, or vapor harmful, or will it cause pain? From my short amount of research on Google it seems to me that it's suction, but I also see a few things about heat.

Thank you guys for your wonderful advice, reviews, pictures, and recipes!

Infinite,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I was advised to avoid it as vapor can reduce saliva that promotes healing.

Fully Melted,
Xerostomia (dry mouth) is a side effect of cannabis consumption in any form.

I had my wisdom teeth removed earlier, and was planning on not smoking or vaping for a few days... welll fuck it. I have an Extreme Q, so I can do bag or whip.

I was planning on loading a bag, and holding the mouthpiece close to my face, and inhaling while I slowly squeeze the bag. I know I can get hits this way, but I'm concerned about the vapor.

Is it merely the suction that will cause you to get dry sockets? Is the heat, smoke, or vapor harmful, or will it cause pain? From my short amount of research on Google it seems to me that it's suction, but I also see a few things about heat.

Thank you guys for your wonderful advice, reviews, pictures, and recipes!

kingofnull,

Infinite

Of course I'm keeping well hydrated at all times.

I loaded a bag and kept the mouthpiece a little way from my mouth, then inhaled normally (not sucking) and squeezed the bag gently. Smaller hits but it worked it's magic. No problems yet, I'll keep this thread update though.

Infinite,

Vapenstein1

Had a wisdom tooth removed last year. And a new one is on its way right now.
I started vaping with my volcano a few hours after the surgery. It really helped me feeling confident :smug: and worked better than those low-painkillers where I started to get stomach problems after some pills/days.
So I would say its "not bad" as long as there is no suction or you haven't a constant dry mouth.
But I am not quite sure about those salvia that can be reduced and affect the healing process - need to know more about that.

Infinite

After vaping a bit more with it, I noticed my saliva hasn't gone down, in fact, it pools up and I have to spit it out a lot while vaping. Also drinking water constantly so maybe that has been helping.

I can't wait to be off these dumb painkillers, I just want to pull a nice milky rip sooo bad :9

Infinite,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
With the residual pain I don't know how you can abstain. I would take all the care, inhaling really slow and avoid the dry mouth. I would totally do it with a balloon, I don't think you want to pull on something now.
After all, its a medication, it's anti oxidant and do have healing properties, when properly used. I think vaping is safe, while smoking is not.
The important thing is to keep your immune system strong. Try to avoid things that weakens your body for some time (intense exercise, letting your body get cold, alcohol, heavy food..)

A bit off topic but when I feel like my body is getting weak, I take some spirulina, it kinda restarts the engine, when excellent for healing, detox and boosting the immune system

Roger D,
Reactions: TriiKLe

Infinite

I just wanted to update. It's been 1 week since I had 4 wisdom teeth removed, and I've been vaping everyday.

I am fine! No dry sockets!

To clarify and help others out, I used a bag-vaporizer and simply squeezed the bag and inhaled normally instead of making suction on the mouth-piece.

kronickidd

i was thinking... using a straw ... into the ballon.. and straw all the way back to throat... close bag to move vape... now other thing is... exhale thru nose..... let me know if this works.. i just got gum graft.. and wisdom teeth is on teh list next month.... =/

kronickidd,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
You can fit a silicone tube in the volcano mouth piece, that could be a nice idea to avoid loses. I find that exhaling too much through the nose is irritating when the vapor is thick

Roger D,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Im vaping out of my underdog now.I had one wisdom tooth removed earlier today.. a few months ago I had an infected root canal,so I had that pulled.I used my mflb then to good results. When i vape out of my underdog I feel very minimal preassure at the spot i had my tooth pulled. I tried taking a few drags out of a newport outside and found that to be painful ...Man does vaping take the edge off because it was hurting something terrible and tylenol + codeine was not working!

Nbajunkie,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
When I had my teeth pulled, I was able to vape without discomfort using a weird and kind of gross trick. I hooked a whip up to my solo, and instead of holding it in my lips like I do with it usually, stick it down and into my mouth right to the back of my upper throat. Then I relaxed all muscles in my mouth so everything closed in around the whip and made a seal. Then all of the pressure was in the back of my throat instead of in my mouth.

weedemon

enthusiast
it's suction that causes dry socket. it's when the suction pull out the blood clot and then you have the open hole again.

go with the bag over whip and hit it like you said!

I hooked a whip up to my solo, and instead of holding it in my lips like I do with it usually, stick it down and into my mouth right to the back of my upper throat. Then I relaxed all muscles in my mouth so everything closed in around the whip and made a seal.

wow i'd gag and puke! I could never do that! crazyness dude!!

weedemon,

webb

Level 100 Lurker
Getting this done tomorrow. My plan is kinda gross too, but it'll get the job done. I'm gonna just put the SSV hose up to my nose instead of my mouth. Wish me luck!

webb,

GOATPUSSY

No shit. What did the wisdom teeth gods push everyone's teeth out at once??

I feel one of my teeth pushing through and was hoping the vape would help me out. Will probably make an appt in the next day or so.

So, what's the deal? Is it impossible to 'just hit' the vape once the tooth is removed?? Is it uncomfortable or just not reccomended? Got a mflb, TV, vg, and UD. Don't really have a bag type... Should I start making a vapor lung?

Thanks fcers. Here's to everyone's recovery.

GOATPUSSY,

webb

Level 100 Lurker
It's not recommended because the sucking is what causes very painful dry sockets. The smaller the tube, the worse. Vapor lung would probably work well.

GOATPUSSY

Thanks Webb. Really appreciate the info.

It's not recommended because the sucking is what causes very painful dry sockets. The smaller the tube, the worse. Vapor lung would probably work well.

GOATPUSSY,

webb

Level 100 Lurker
No problem man.

These painkillers they've got me on make me sick as shit. Vaping is helping out because I don't wanna take the opiates because they make me throw up.

webb,

Symbolik

You should be absolutely fine, the first time I ever smoked was the day after I got my wisdom teeth pulled and nothing but good came from it haha

Symbolik,
Top Bottom