Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.

War Criminal
Schwing! Awesome pics.

Will the sg hydra tube connection be recessed like the sgw, or exposed like the vertigo?

B.,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow, SM... Thanks. I guess I need to buy it! It does sound incredible...

Tstat,

2EZ

@stonemonkey- The hydratubes look good, but I noticed the showerdome one didn't have the ice pinches anymore, is this how it will be come release day?

2EZ,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
B. said:
Schwing! Awesome pics.

Will the sg hydra tube connection be recessed like the sgw, or exposed like the vertigo?

Sovereignty's will be recessed :p

2EZ said:
@stonemonkey- The hydratubes look good, but I noticed the showerdome one didn't have the ice pinches anymore, is this how it will be come release day?

This was just a sample tube I was using. Although the ice pinches don't hold much ice given the length of the tube, it does act as a secondary splashguard to the splashguard. The production ShowerDomes and HydraTree will both have ice pinches for this reason.

stonemonkey55,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
IAmKrazy2 said:
To bridge on what Stonemonkey said about the Extreme i have to agree. Obsolete? No. The Cloud can't blow a bag or blow a forced air hit down your lungs via remote. But, since i got my VHW and Supreme i never hook my E up to my glass anymore. You just simply cant use the E to hit glass naturally and achieve thick hits with a high vapor to air ratio. So it will really only make your E obsolete in conjunction with your glass. But for me currently, I use glass (via VHW or S) or my PD 99 out of 100 times I vape. Bags come out for parties, or vape newbies.

Really? You can't achieve thick hits with the Q with glass? My water piece is small (12") but my Q milks that thing up till i can't see through it and the clouds I get are plenty thick.

finchrock24,

dtp3347

IAmKrazy2 said:
You just simply cant use the E to hit glass naturally and achieve thick hits with a high vapor to air ratio. So it will really only make your E obsolete in conjunction with your glass.

I would actually disagree with this but only in this case. Ill link my thread if youre interested

Edit : I am not anti vapexhale and am probably going to purchase a cloud.

dtp3347,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
All I can speak on is first hand experience. When it comes to comparing vapor bong tokes from the E to the Supreme or VHW, well there just is no comparing. :D

Sorry if that sounds bad, but it just isn't designed for huge tokes that suck heat very heavy and hard. With the S or VHW no matter how fast and hard i suck, i dont have issues with heat retention.

IAmKrazy2,

Pappy

shmaporist
dtp3347 said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
You just simply cant use the E to hit glass naturally and achieve thick hits with a high vapor to air ratio. So it will really only make your E obsolete in conjunction with your glass.

I would actually disagree with this but only in this case. Ill link my thread if youre interested

Edit : I am not anti vapexhale and am probably going to purchase a cloud.
I take slight exception too. I can milk the Q like a cow using elbow loads. I don't dispute the VHW can also, maybe even more efficiently, but a Q can work wonders if you know how to use it! My main rap on the Q, which I consider one of the finest vapes on the market, is:
1) Silicone whip tubing is no replacement for an all glass air path
2) Unrefined screen system
3) Electronics in air path

I only use water tools and in that context I find the Q comparable to the best vapes currently in the marketplace. :2c:

Pappy,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I was bit hesitant to even answer Tstat's question due to the fact that I didn't want this to devolve into Cloud versus Extreme thread.

I'm not denying the fact that the Extreme can milk up even the biggest of waterpipes. What I was saying is that it doesn't do it as good as other vapes that were designed for the sole purpose. Yeah, there are certain tricks you can do like the elbow pack or you can always turn up the heat, but unless you have tried a Supreme or a VHW in direct comparison the Extreme, we are pretty much discussing a point that not everyone has the same data to work off of. No one said that you couldn't get thick vapor with the Extreme, you just don't get as thick as if you were using a Supreme, VHW, or Cloud.

Pappy, remember you telling me that you had to turn up the heat on the Extreme to fill up Lebowski? This is because it doesn't retain heat as well as the other vapes we mentioned. No amount of elbow packing will change that fact. You can turn up the temperature but then you start over browning your herb, this is where the true magic of the Cloud is, optimal extraction without high temperatures. You can turn up the heat on pretty much every vaporizer to get thick clouds but at that point are you really vaporizing? or just slow smoking your herb?

I'm not gonna say the Cloud is the best vaporizer, or better than vaporizer XYZ, but I will say that for the singular purpose it was built for, basically being a waterpipe based bong, it will be second to none, otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered with this project.

Ultimately, the best vaporizer is the one that you like using. If you are a glass head, then its the Cloud. If you like a jack of all trades, go for the Extreme, simple as that :D

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
didn't want this to devolve into Cloud versus Extreme thread.
Nor would I stoke those fires. You know I'm a VXC proponent. However, the Q can be easily be used like a VHW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GitVMR5mEDg
I don't use it this way although it's probably no less effective than a VHW. In fact I just ordered this part to facilitate it.
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/41402516

Props to DDT3347 for posting this Q 2 VHW-like conversion.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=111837#p111837

I've never met a true vaporist that doesn't have 2 or 3 great vapes sitting around.

Pappy,

hereatlast

stonemonkey55: it's clear that your attributing the Cloud's pragmatic success (from your experience) as a bong-vape to its heat retention design and application, I wonder what other aspects you feel are contributing to the overall effect. Obviously the Cloud's all about water filtration, so what other fundamental aspects of the design are particularly suited for the application?

I think one of the issues I've had with the Extreme is the vapor:air ratio, it seems to me that there's a pretty wide air-passageway which contributes to this fact. The Purple-Days seems to offer the opposite and I really enjoy the higher vapor:air ratio I experience.

Anyways, how does the airstream come into effect with the cloud? Do the herbs stay put or jump around/percolate?

Looking forward to this niche vape :)

hereatlast,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Pappy said:
stonemonkey55 said:
didn't want this to devolve into Cloud versus Extreme thread.
Nor would I stoke those fires. You know I'm a VXC proponent. However, the Q can be easily be used like a VHW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GitVMR5mEDg
I don't use it this way although it's probably no less effective than a VHW. In fact I just ordered this part to facilitate it.
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/41402516

Props to DDT3347 for posting this Q 2 VHW-like conversion.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=111837#p111837

I've never met a true vaporist that doesn't have 2 or 3 great vapes sitting around.

I know your a VXC proponent and this set up with the Extreme is nothing new to me. NoSmoke has been using this exact set up for over a year now and I have this set up as well. I'm telling you with 100% honesty, even when used as a wand, the Extreme just does not have the heat retention to perform at the same level as the VHW or Supreme. Does it do an adequate job? It sure does, I was very happy with the Extreme being used as a wand and if I didn't have experience with these other vapes, I'm pretty sure I'd be perfectly content.

I think the best analogy would be that the Extreme is like Bruce Jenner. Bruce was a gold medalist in the decathlon and is probably a better overall athlete than say a straight sprinter like Tyson Gay but he will never beat Tyson Gay in a 100m race. Would Bruce kick almost anyone else's ass in the 100m dash? He definitely would, but if he were to race against other Olympic level 100m sprinters, then he would lose.

I have no issues with people saying the Extreme does an adequate job at being a heat wand, but if these people are saying it is "just as good" as a VHW, Supreme, or Cloud at this specific task, then I would tell them to come over and I will prove them wrong.

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
hereatlast said:
stonemonkey55: it's clear that your attributing the Cloud's pragmatic success (from your experience) as a bong-vape to its heat retention design and application, I wonder what other aspects you feel are contributing to the overall effect. Obviously the Cloud's all about water filtration, so what other fundamental aspects of the design are particularly suited for the application?

I think one of the issues I've had with the Extreme is the vapor:air ratio, it seems to me that there's a pretty wide air-passageway which contributes to this fact. The Purple-Days seems to offer the opposite and I really enjoy the higher vapor:air ratio I experience.

Anyways, how does the airstream come into effect with the cloud? Do the herbs stay put or jump around/percolate?

Looking forward to this niche vape :)

PowerNerd might be able to better answer this question but in layman's terms, the reason why the Cloud functions so efficiently is because it uses both convection/conduction principles and in addition to superior heat retention, we create quite a bit of turbulence in the air path for more even heating of your herbs which helps with getting bigger clouds without having to pump up the temperature.

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
I think the best analogy would be that the Extreme is like Bruce Jenner. Bruce was a gold medalist in the decathlon and is probably a better overall athlete than say a straight sprinter like Tyson Gay but he will never beat Tyson Gay in a 100m race. Would Bruce kick almost anyone else's ass in the 100m dash? He definitely would, but if he were to race against other Olympic level 100m sprinters, then he would lose.
You're my glass Yoda, how could I argue with the above? :p
Point in fact I was responding not to you but to IAmCrazy2 who's statements I consider laced with hyperbole.

Pappy,

doubledown

stonemonkey55 said:
and one more just for comparison, the StoneGlassWorks Showerdome

quick update, the last bowl didn't fit correctly :mad:

but it fit a little better than the previous bowl, already having another revision sent to me early next week. Hopefully the next one fits and we can start cranking out these bad boys

photo-2.JPG

SM that recessed connection looks awesome with the Cloud! When they are mated is the hydrotube stable or is there play?

doubledown,

ShadowLink12

Activist
The recessed joint is the only reason I am happy I chose the stoneglassworks. The Vertigo hydratree looks super sexy, and I have never had a tree perc, but I can't get over the not recessed joint. The more I look at it, the closer I get to shooting SM an email to see if I can switch. Given any more thought to a bundle deal with 2 hydratubes SM? :brow:

ShadowLink12,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I can't remember which glass I ordered. I too, like that recessed connection more than the hydra tree.
What is everyones opinion on which glass to get?

I really like SM's responses and I know I'll have to get one of these. I guess I could always sell the Q if it ends up being neglected. I don't do bags, but I guess I could keep it around just in case I want a bag at some point. Gonna start saving some money :)

Tstat,
Tstat said:
I can't remember which glass I ordered. I too, like that recessed connection more than the hydra tree.

Personally, I like the recessed connection, thats why i ordered the showerdome.

Vapsofatso,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
vapor racer said:
Has stonemonkey shown how you stir the bud after each hit yet, because that is real important to me. thanks
Not yet. Been waiting for this myself. He said that he would include this in the upcoming video detailing the entire Cloud experience though. So, here's looking forward to that...

Tstat said:
I too, like that recessed connection more than the hydra tree.
I, personally, pre-ordered the hydra-tree. I like the overall look and size of it better. Also, I think the ice pinches will be more usable on the hydra-tree given its taller design. And having a nearly drag free hit sounds interesting to me.

The only aspect that made me consider the shower dome instead was its recessed joint. Really seems like a better design for that aspect of it.

What I REALLY would like to see is some pictures of the gridded hydra-tree, so I can decide if it's worth spending the extra money on. PLEASE, SM - just a couple gridded hydra-tree pictures? We need to see all our glass choices, so we can change our mind - and decide to give you even more of our money...

mongorian,

lepstadder

About the non recessed joint on the VG tree

when not placed on the cloud and full of water

what do you do with it, doesnt look like you could set it down upright and have it be stable....

lepstadder,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
greystr0ke said:
There's a picture of SG's tree some pages back. Might help give you an idea.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=97798#p97798

That actually does help a little. Thanks.

I don't think the grid vs the slits is enough of a reason, but I would still love to see the completed tube. I know that SM said he was holding off on that, to build suspense basically. I guess this may just have to be enough for now.

mongorian,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
doubledown said:
stonemonkey55 said:
and one more just for comparison, the StoneGlassWorks Showerdome

quick update, the last bowl didn't fit correctly :mad:

but it fit a little better than the previous bowl, already having another revision sent to me early next week. Hopefully the next one fits and we can start cranking out these bad boys

photo-2.JPG

SM that recessed connection looks awesome with the Cloud! When they are mated is the hydrotube stable or is there play?

I am happy to say that the HydraTubes are quite stable when mated with the Cloud

lepstadder said:
About the non recessed joint on the VG tree

when not placed on the cloud and full of water

what do you do with it, doesnt look like you could set it down upright and have it be stable....

The VG HydraTree doesn't stand as stable as the other tubes right now but it does balance. In addition to the CloudStation, we will be producing HydraTube stands which are basically glass discs that have a male GonG joint that mates with HydraTubes for better balance while not in use.

That actually does help a little. Thanks.
I don't think the grid vs the slits is enough of a reason, but I would still love to see the completed tube. I know that SM said he was holding off on that, to build suspense basically. I guess this may just have to be enough for now.

The SG HydraTube will look very similar to the VXL HydraTubes. In order to keep costs down, Sovereignty has been making the trees and our in house glass blower, the artist formerly known as GlassMonkey (TAFKAGM), will be assembling the tubes. If we didn't go this route, the Sovereignty HydraTubes would cost at least $100 more. We figured this way, you get the best of both worlds, Sovereignty's tree and TAFKAGM's precision, scientific tube sealing abilities.

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@ Pappy. In response to my statement being hyperbole if you refer to the post above yours I feel i cleared up my view #1685 01-27-2011 08:40:04 pm.

As an E user have ran through countless elbows in conjunction with glass. I actually later always would pack the cyclone bowl and the elbow at the same time which i still my favorite E packing method. I have never attempted to mod my vape into a heat wand though. This worked to my satisfaction for a while, i also enjoyed the novelty of forced air into glass once in a while. i am not disrespecting the E. The E was the first vape that got me completely off combustion for more then just a day or two.

With my S and E though here to compare, I simply will NEVER use my E for glass hits again.

IAmKrazy2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom