Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zastrous

Hey Stone,

Just a (few) question(s):

After coming this far, with almost all of the production details ironed out, and the hydratube designs done as well, how confident are you in your products ability to deliver?

Or perhaps, even more importantly, how confident are you in the Cloud getting the type of reception and revenue it deserves?

Rest assured, as I'm sure you can tell, we're all extremely excited, but what I'm trying to get @ is that those five mandates you set on the Vapexhale webpage are pretty heavy, no matter how you cut it (especially the last two)...

"4.) It must look and perform better than any other product available at any price; and
5.) It has to be affordable - no sense in designing something no one can afford."

Would you say you've managed to abide by those mandates?

Zastrous,

max

Out to lunch
"4.) It must look and perform better than any other product available at any price; and
5.) It has to be affordable - no sense in designing something no one can afford."
Looks are always subjective. No way around that. Better performance would have to be qualifed. It can't outperform all other vapes in every aspect. Affordability is relative-also a subjective point. They're aiming for great performance (think big hits and great heat retention), great glass quality (I think they've already been hugely successful in this area), something that looks good and not like a hookhah or a piece of lab equipment (successful here IMO), and a unit you can pick up and hit and still have a hand free (successful again). Hopefully reliability will also be top rate. I think you gotta give 'em kudos for what they've achieved so far, and cheer 'em on for what they hope to achieve, and give 'em a break if they went overboard on their ability to nail points 4 and 5 to a completely objective degree.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@max - thank you very much, I could not have said it better myself.

Would you say you've managed to abide by those mandates?
As Max said, points 4 and 5 are highly subjective and I'm sure many other manufacturers have similar mission statements but I honestly feel that we can deliver on those. As an avid vaporist for over 10 yeats (first vaped in 1997 ish) I've seen many designs come and go. I picked and chose which features I liked best from all the various vapes and mashed them into the Cloud. The Cloud will never be as efficient as something like the PD, now will it be as durable, but for it's specific function, which is to deliver the largest, thickest clouds, I feel that we have hit that mark.

As you saw by the latest videos, I was not gingerly hitting the ShowerDome or the HydraTree and the milkiness only got thicker. If we stuck to our original release date (insulation issues aside), that version of the Cloud only retained heat about as good as Herborizer/RooR type vape. I'm not trying to talk down about the Herbo, but more just illustrating my point that we are really trying to push the envelope for the next gen of performance vapes.

I'm trying to stay away from overhyping this thing but when it is released, you can rest assured that it has been thoroughly tested against the standard bearers and the proof will be in the pudding. Without trying to sound cocky, I am confident that everyone will be satisfied with their purchase.

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@iamkrazy2 - we are currently ramping up production so we should have enough of each in case everyone that pre-orders wants once of each. All the percs and diffusers have been made, we're just toying around with different manufacturing processes to figure out how to assemble these faster and better.
SM: Thanks. I would like to switch from showerdome to tree perc. How do i do so?? Eventually, i'll probably get both.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@iamkrazy2 - When you order, you will be given all the options that are available. The extra time that we have taken to perfect the heat insulator allowed us to do some better capacity planning. If we launched in June, our HydraTube inventory was drastically lower which is why we were asking for HydraTube preference in the first place. Based on the amount of pre-orders at this time, we have enough inventory to fulfill everyone's initial orderss

stonemonkey55,

He-Man

Prince
Can't wait to see Sovereignty Tree :clap:

p.s. SM: I went to put pre-order but it gave me some Error, that i can do it only one time (that was my first and only try), so i dont know if its gone trough or should i try again. (and now i cant load whole webpage, weird)

He-Man,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@he-man - Try closing your browser and signing up again. I'll send out confirmation emails and if you don't receive one by Saturday 6pm Pacific, the send support@vapexhale.com an email and I will get you squared away.

As for the Sovereignty Gridded HydraTube, I've seen a couple of variations, 8 arm, 12 arm, lower profile trees for even shorter HydraTubes...the man is a work horse and a genius when it comes to assembly. As with anything he does, he's still looking at different ways to make his version "stand out" so I'm gonna wait on him to give me the final thumbs up before I do a video with his tube. Rest assured, typical SG SICKNESS

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o 12 arms!!!!! I saw the short armed fixed 4 he put out and it was on point. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

minnesnowta,

hereatlast

The SG hydratube won't be ready for release will it? That'd definitely change my order.

Everything's looking good, vids are always nice.

hereatlast,

nickzzzx

Coming from someone who has been using direct draw vapes(whips,boxes,dabuddah,magicflight) for a few years now, I am TOTALLY excited to get some really thick vapor hits from this thing. I was never 100% satisfied with dry hits because they are just that, dry hot hits. I'm at the point where I just want the most luxurious, tasty, smooth hit possible from a well engineered, cutting edge vape. I really think the Cloud will impress and satisfy me, and I'm SUPER excited to try it out! I just filled out a preorder form and I'm pretty sure I want the SGW shower dome, I hope they start shipping sometime before september...

nickzzzx,

stinkmeaner

george said:
Is the Showerdome less likley to break than the Trees?
I am sure more experienced glass collectors/experts will give you an experienced answer but I will say this, when dealing with the hydra-tubes, you are dealing with 3 of the most sought after glass water pipe artists that are available right now, and if you search around you would be hard pressed to find a single complaint about any one of their pieces. In fact, I have read posts which talk about the reinforcements that these glass companies make to their trees and any other brittle parts.

Without even seeing the Hydra-tubes in person yet, I can tell you that they are not going to be your cheaply made, sweatshop glass that you see in your everyday head shop bongs that will break as you are trying to clean them. Even though well made glass is tough, inevitably it is still glass and should be handled with care, also it is also always wise to keep it out of reach of that one clumsy friend.

stinkmeaner,

hydrophilic

The trees are reinforced and Vertigo's work is very clean so it won't be a problem, however the fact that it is a tree will make it inherently more likely to break, at least I think that is the general consensus between trees and circ percs. Ultimately this should not influence your decision to buy it, nor will the difference affect functionality. Or just buy multiple tubes :2c:

hydrophilic,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@minnesnowta - yeah! I am really digging the way those low profile trees look...the way come especially handy in a super stealth tube!

@hereatlast - Sovereignty HydraTubes will be ready at launch :D

@nickzzzx - We appreciate the excitement and we are working hard to expedite every step of our manufacturing process without sacrificing quality.

@george - Stinkmeaner and Hydrophilic hit the nail on the head. Trees are inherently weaker because each arm is a seperate welding point and the more welding points, the more probability of breakage. Vertigo and Sovereignty both re-enforce their trees so we have taken some measure to ensure durability.

The main thing to keep in mind is exactly what Stinkmeaner said in his second paragraph, at the end of the day, all these pieces are made of glass. And for all of glass's awesome properties for vaping, durability, unfortunately is not one of them.

Whenever I use glass related water tools with friends that might not be familiar with the delicate nature, I always let them know where to put stuff and how to use each piece. Taking these preventative measures will save you from the helpless feeling of seeing your glass break.

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I'm getting excited.

@ SM. I know you own the Supreme and VHW, just like me! With the Supreme, your first hit is your biggest milkiest. All other hits, are lighter. With the VHW, your second or third hit is usually the thickest. This appears to be the case with VXC. Any thoughts or observations?

Even without the proper enclosure nailed down, has the VXC use made your Supreme and VHW obsolete?? Just wondering. Oh, and i know they aren't on the market, but i know you would love CD's Flame Filter if they ever are.... Hey, try shooting him an email and maybe a great deal on a VXC and he might send you one. Out.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@iamkrazy2 - funny you ask, I was just chatting about this the other day with another FC member. I compared the Supreme to a very torquey car and the VXC to something with a high top end speed. You are absolutely correct, the Supreme charges right out of the gate with a super thick hit and then it sort of tops out. The VXC takes a little longer to get started but once it picks up a little steam, it really starts to kick it into over drive where your lungs become the limiting factor.

When I demonstrate with the HydraTubes I will use the Cloud but for my day to day vaping, I'm still using a combination of the Supreme and VHW depending where I am and which piece I am using. Once we get the new enclosures, I see myself migrating more to just the Cloud.

stonemonkey55,

sLug215

stonemonkey55 said:
When I demonstrate with the HydraTubes I will use the Cloud but for my day to day vaping, I'm still using a combination of the Supreme and VHW depending where I am and which piece I am using. Once we get the new enclosures, I see myself migrating more to just the Cloud.
how will different enclosures effect the way you use the cloud. by enclosure im assuming you mean the plastic setup surround the heating element and components. i'm just not sure what you mean, and im vaped.

also, i want to mention that i think we should thank sm55 and the rest of the vxc guys for providing us with more chance to have INPUT in the making of this vaporizer, and giving us more information about its production than you could ever really imagine from a product manufacturer.

thanks guys, your product will succeed as long as quality is solid because it has the community support.

sLug215,

supercrazy

Ok then mr monkey
if your sure there will be no voltage problems i will sign up.
gonna get both options on the glass i think as well.
all going well im sure it will be the 1st of many orders from England.
so many people round these parts looking to kick combustion squarely in the nuts...

cheers

supercrazy,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@slug215 - Yes, that is the part of the enclosure I am referring to except that it is made of anodized aluminum instead of plastic. The way the internal portion of the new enclosure is set up will not only insulate the user's hand from the heat, we are expecting that it will also improve our temperature holding capability.

@supercrazy - If you can wait for the European version, I would feel most confident in recommending that model. FC Members that live in European countries have stated that they have had no issues running US vapes in Europe as long as you have some sort of converter. I feel better about telling you to wait but if you want one shipped, we will ship it out to you.

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
The way the internal portion of the new enclosure is set up will not only insulate the user's hand from the heat, we are expecting that it will also improve our temperature holding capability.
A temporary design setback ends up resulting in a better performing product? You're a lucky monkey sm. ;)

max,

supercrazy

damn,better cancel my order 4 now then.
im guessing is hard to give me some idea of when the euro version will be available?
seeing as its not even out stateside?.
anyhow consider my name down on the list 4 the 1st euro customers,hopefully by then there will be some great glass pieces still available?.
very much wanna quit combusting as soon as possible

oh by the way,was checking some of your vape vids and noticed u like the mountain bros!!
down with that 4 sure.

cheers

supercrazy,

Honey Bear

Well darn it I've gone ahead and gotten as excited and hyped up about this thing as everyone else seems to be.
I love my PD, but for enjoying the beautiful buds I plan to harvest this fall I may just need a bigger gun ;)

A couple of questions (sorry if these have already been addressed, I haven't read every post in the thread):
1. Do the hydratubes hold ice as well as water? And if so, are some models better suited for ice action?
2. Any thoughts on casing for travel? We are a bunch of modern day nomads after all, and this thing seems like it would be easy enough to clean and take safely on an airplane even. I am sure casing could be improvised as well.

Anyways, I am totally on the fence as to whether to get in on the pre-order or to give this puppy a year or so to grow and see if it is truly the vapor enthusiast's treat many of us are hoping for.
It certainly seems like a lot of love and creative energy has been and is continuing to be poured into the project, and the more I read (and daydream) the more I tip towards springing for a pre-order.

:peace:

Honey Bear,

sLug215

Oh sm, I thought you meant interchangable enclosures, like you would be using a new enclosure to change your experience, then being able to switch back. Haha. Sorry I was destroyed.

But, I did mean the good things I said about your product succeeding.

sLug215,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@max - sometimes it is better to be lucky than smart, always nice when an improvement in one area also acts as an improvement in another.

@supercrazy - I'll check in with PowerNerd3000 to see when the Euro version of the Cloud will be released. I don't foresee too many things that have to be changed but I'm not the engineer...I'll get back to you shortly on that.

@Honey Bear - Yes, all the HydraTubes have ice pinces, even the ShowerDome. The ShowerDomes are shorter, lower profile than the HydraTrees and hold only one or two ice cubes so I guess the HydraTree would be better if you enjoy your ice.

We are looking into s kit with the Pelican brand cases. We were trying to find some cheaper alternatives but nothing seems to compare to Pelican brand cases.

Lastly, here is a quick vid of the StoneGlassWorks Samurai Dubb stacking bubbles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CqLaCxHBps

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom