Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

lepstadder

any chance we can see a pic or vid (pref vid) of the unit being used with a standard waterpipe?

maybe your peyote?

even tho the hydratubes are super sick lotsa folks will be wanting to vape out of their "classic"/"oldschool" tubes

we all cant wait to get ahold of one of these (some of us wouldnt even mind using an "ove glove")

lepstadder,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
They still are workin on the heat issue. Stone monkey still owes us a vid of a samuari dub so you'll get to see it used on one of the sickest regular peices ever. I haven't even seen pictures of any others yet. Be paitent. He'll hook it up.

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@bonsai006 - we will be able to take Paypal payments

@everyone else - I will post up videos of all the different HydraTubes shortly :brow:

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Quick update - newest insulator is working great. Need to torture test it some more but the initial tests have shown that this new fabric is the most effective piece that we have tested thus far, including the aerogel.

Big thank you for everyone that pre-registered for their Cloud. Once we get our email marketing engine up and running again, you'll receive a notification that we received your reservation.

Sovereignty is in town to do another brainstorming session with the team. More to report tomorrow.

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
stonemonkey55 said:
Sovereignty is in town to do another brainstorming session with the team. More to report tomorrow.
I still think a griddome hydra tube would be amazing. Or if he could make the payote ball work somehow that would be sick as well. I'm so jealous you get to hang out with the man himself. That would be a dream come true for me. I'd be a total fanboy though...

minnesnowta,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
Any chance us early adopters can get a free chunk of aerogel with our orders? It looks like a fun vape toy.

EonBlue,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@minnesnowta - it is tough not being a fan boy when the man himself is there but I try and keep it professional ;)

@eonblue - Sorry, no aerogel to early adopters just because the stuff would be ridiculously expensive.

Out of curiosity... what would you do with it as a vape toy? I can't think of too many purposes for it other than insulation in the context of vaping.

stonemonkey55,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
any comments about why the aerogel didn't work out? Did it just get heat saturated without a way to exhaust the internal heat buildup? i mean, the pictures are so cool with a propane torch on one side and an ice cube on the other ... i had thought about using perlite as an insulator barrier, which can handle more than 1000F but it was too difficult to contain.

Hippie Dickie,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
I don't know if vape toy is the right word....its just a really cool material...and I'm quite baked.:ko:

EonBlue,

B.

War Criminal
You could put the aerogel in your palm, put a ti pad on top and get a hand held ti pad BHO hit. :brow:

B.,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@hippydickie - the aerogel was extremely difficult to work with as we needed it to be a specific shape. It's insulation properties are tremendous but just not for this application. Back to the drawing board!

I did get a chance to sit down with Steve from Sovereignty to discuss various HydraTubes that will be available later on in the year. Not only did we come up with a cool road map for future HydraTubes, we also brainstormed on some "never been done" type glass pieces that will be exclusive to VapeXhale that are not HydraTubes.

The innovation engine at VapeXhale is running at full steam and we got a great conductor in Sovereignty helping us pave the way. His gridded HydraTrees are gonna be really, really cool, and of course, RE-Enforced! :cool:

stonemonkey55,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
What a talented crew of glass-blowing lampworkers! :D

:2c: It seems that some dual layer insulator would possibly be best, so the inside sleeve could retain heat around the glass and the outside sleeve could direct the heat out of the top around the male GonG. I am by far no engineer, but it seems like a good line of thinking :shrug: .

This is definitely the unit that I feel I have been the most excited about as its release date approached! :brow:

Progress,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Mmmmm gridded reenforced trees. Sounds mighty tasty. Im going to have so many gridded things after this too. :D I just grabbed a natty stemline so I'll have pretty much all the bases covered. Can't wait to see what his mind comes up with. Same with preston, he's no slouch by any means either. I just hope you guys get this heat issue taken care of soon so I can see that samurai in action!!

minnesnowta,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
When you say not a hydro tube does that mean it will just connect to the vape with a whip and a couple GonG joints?

bluntfaced,

hydrophilic

I think it means the cloud goes upside down in the female joint of the piece, where the slide would go. As opposed to the tube sitting on top of the cloud.

bluntfaced said:
When you say not a hydro tube does that mean it will just connect to the vape with a whip and a couple GonG joints?

hydrophilic,

RussyRoo

everything looks amazing and i just can't wait for a UK version!
but oh man. I have to go away for two weeks and will possibly be without internet!:o how am i going to stay updated on the cloud :uhoh:

RussyRoo,

lepstadder

Yo Vapexhale team!

We have all been at the edge of our seats for every tidbit of info you guys have put out and are grateful for your transparency during your manufacturing and testing phases.

I know I am not the only one eager to get one of these in my hands. I am sure it is probably hard for you to say as if the goal is not reached you may alienate some customers.

Any possibility you could give us an ETA?

lepstadder,

max

Out to lunch
lepstadder said:
I am sure it is probably hard for you to say as if the goal is not reached you may alienate some customers.
What goal are you referring to? You mean the target release date that was 'guesstimated' back in Feb. when the product was announced? That approximate date has already passed. As for alienating some potential buyers, a few who have no vape and want one pretty quick may buy something else instead, but that would have probably happened anyway, especially if a more conservative production date had been given. Those who really want this model will wait for it. And since heat insulation is still a work in progress, I think some patience is in order. I think everyone would prefer a fully debugged product.

max,

lepstadder

thats pretty much what i meant, yea

didnt mean to aggravate anyone with my comments was just curious as to a release

no need for hostility

i attempted to ask my question with poise and grace but my attempt must have been futile

good day

lepstadder,

BL4ZE

lepstadder said:
thats pretty much what i meant, yea

didnt mean to aggravate anyone with my comments was just curious as to a release

no need for hostility

i attempted to ask my question with poise and grace but my attempt must have been futile

good day
I didn't see anything hostile about your post, at the same time max is right in saying that the date was thrown out there, was just guess to atleast give us some idea on when we could expect this product. And yea there may be a few people who were looking to get this vape and pass it up for now since their looking to buy right now. Then there's those of us like myself, who already have a couple of vapes and are looking to round out our collection so waiting is not big deal.... well i guess that's kind of untrue :p. Anyways, I'm sure when the cloud is released and some reviews come out from the consumers, some of those people who picked up a different vape, will be back in here looking to buy one.

BL4ZE,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I, too, am excited about the release of the Cloud and anxious to hear about the actual release date.

I also agree that those people who want the Cloud because of its ability to produce the 'cleanest' vapor the most reliably and practically (aside from the sick hydratubes ;) ) will wait.

The release prices are such a steal too. :D I imagine that all post-1000-unit adopters will pay much more.

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey everyone! We appreciate the patience everyone has given us. Back in February, we believed that the unit would have been available by now. Insulating the heat while keeping the same aesthetics has proven quite challenging. While we have had a few successes, none of them proved to be long term solutions that we have hoped for.

We are now experimenting with different materials for the enclosure, adding additional heat sinks, etc etc to really get this nailed down. We are spending all of our free time testing and re-testing to ensure the end product lives up to the hype.

I will always give updates when I can, but for right now, I cannot give an exact release date. I can only say that we are working our hardest to resolve this problem and as soon as we can, we will launch the VXC. If all goes well, we are looking a few weeks to a couple of months to thoroughly test the new designs. Once again, your patience is appreciated.

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom