Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

wootze

i have used aircraft paint stripper (that's what it was called IIRC) to strip powder coating off of steel.. and it worked great.. came in a spray can.. and if i understand correctly, powder coating is baked, and very tough.. i bet it would likely work for logos on glass.. i'm sure there are other options.. but i bet the odds of this working are pretty good.

Not if that shit is literally melted into the tube

wootze,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
The new logo on the pinnacle tube is some kind of glass enamel label, CLR wouldn't touch it... I still vote little logo :tup:

From the appearance (image made of hazy white only) I assumed it was sandblasted? I was gonna get one but found out they all have the logo now.

Still might at $50, though, if I can find a source that will actually ship it internationally and not gouge on said shipping.

Anonymouse,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Not if that shit is literally melted into the tube
I don't know anything about logos baked onto glass.. but baked into it seems like a big IF to me.. but again i don't know.. i feel like it has to be possible to remove, some how, if you wanted to.

Buildozer,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I'm betting with a razor blade and some polishing you could remove the label. It doesn't bother me but I would prefer something more subtle.

elmomuzz,

Ice

I'm not liking that logo on my fanatic tube at all.......at this point. If anything, I hope it is a sticker, so I can remove it. I mean, don't get me wrong...I like the logo in and of itself...but on my custom Fanatic tube, no. It's kind of like admiring a nice work of art and a kid runs by in front of you and slaps a sticker on it and runs off again before you got a chance to ask "why he did that?"

Ice,

2 Paces

From the appearance (image made of hazy white only) I assumed it was sandblasted?

I have one, and I think it's sandblasted.

But I'm no expert on these things. The WT is the only glass I own until my Swagger logo (oops, I mean my HT ;)) shows up with the EVO.

2 Paces,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
i have used aircraft paint stripper (that's what it was called IIRC) to strip powder coating off of steel.. and it worked great.. came in a spray can.. and if i understand correctly, powder coating is baked, and very tough.. i bet it would likely work for logos on glass.. i'm sure there are other options.. but i bet the odds of this working are pretty good.

I think piranha etch will take anything off that is carbon based. Won't harm the glass at all. On the other, er, hand, there is a reason it's called "piranha".

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Buildozer
I wonder if VXL or Swagger is currently testing all or your guys' label removing processes. Not surprised we haven't heard an official resolution to this label issue yet, but I'm kinda surprised we haven't heard anything, like a "we're looking into this, guys. Will get back soon" etc. Not saying we should hit support up with emails, but I'm curious, has anyone communicated directly with someone at VXL about this yet?

Fame Is A Vapor,

SnidelyWhiplash

Here is how to do a logo:
img_1377651548666-single.jpg

ON THE BOTTOM. Class. (stamped into the hot glass I think, my smiley bubbler).. Strike that, it must have been stencil sand-blasted?

Last edited:

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
We hear your feedback on the logo but if anyone wants to remove any logo, just keep your piece submerged in simple green for a few days and you can rub it off yourself. We do listen and read but just like any opinion, they differ from person to person and we cannot do customized placements as several people had asked/emailed/PM'd. We might pull back on showing you guys anything because each time we do, the amount of emails we get increase quite a bit and that takes away from building, testing, and finishing the EVO and that's the most important priority for us.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Not trying to stoke the fire, but for those seriously considering backing out, there are ads in the Classifieds for people who missed out on the Indiegogo campaign, looking to buy in. I know it doesn't help how you may feel but at least if you want out, you can.

530rasta

Hope its ok to ask this here, but do you guys think if I bought a hydratube it would fit on my Arizer Solo GONG attachment?

Im planning on getting a CLoud when they become available publicly.

530rasta,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
We hear your feedback on the logo but if anyone wants to remove any logo, just keep your piece submerged in simple green for a few days and you can rub it off yourself. We do listen and read but just like any opinion, they differ from person to person and we cannot do customized placements as several people had asked/emailed/PM'd...
Cool, I'm pretty sure PBW also takes labels off pretty well if anyone else is interested in doing that.
If the label is as big as the pic I saw the other day, I'll definitely be removing mine

... We might pull back on showing you guys anything because each time we do, the amount of emails we get increase quite a bit and that takes away...
That's kind of an unfair way of framing it.
To me it sounds like you're saying we are bombarding you with messages that aren't entirely warranted.

A couple of things may have been overly discussed/examined IMO, but each of us has certain sticking points, and given the reputation the cloud has as pretty much the king of vapes, I'd say it's fair that everyone hashes out exactly what they're expecting.

A major part of the appeal of the cloud (aside from the tech in the vape itself) is it's use with glass.
A major part of the indiegogo campaign was the availability of awesome hydratubes.
Every sneak peek we were showed of Swagger tubes had no logos at all, and then we get shown a picture of a swagger logo taking up almost 1/3 of the can of a hydratube.

Surely you can understand that there's gonna be a chunk of people who are concerned about it?

Unless I'm reading too much into that statement, but it feels like we have helped fund this all happening, then some changes are being made that we may not be 100% happy with, and you guys are just folding your arms and going "Fine, I'm just going to tell you less then."
Hopefully I'm extrapolating too much there :2c:

from building, testing, and finishing the EVO and that's the most important priority for us.
I daresay that's the most important thing to 99% of us too, we're just trying to figure out the details :)

(I had to make your text green, it just felt wrong otherwise ;))

Hope its ok to ask this here, but do you guys think if I bought a hydratube it would fit on my Arizer Solo GONG attachment?
I'm planning on getting a Cloud when they become available publicly.
If you got an 18mm GonG stem, yes, it will fit perfectly.
I've used my Hydra-Circ with my solo often, One of my favourite ways of using my solo, and my hydratube (since I don't actually have a cloud yet :lol:)

11eleven11

If you don't share anything you get no feedback, which is something, as stated in the campaign video, that makes VXH great.

It's a double edged sword I know. But I think you guys are doing a good job.

I agree with Fred's sentiments. Without this campaign and people putting faith and funding into the product and you guys, it'd be much harder to get anywhere at all.

I think the funders are part of the team here and their thoughts should be considered. You guys have demonstrated doing this by changing from the name Eagle when that showed unpopular. You guys do listen to feedback and are great, so I'm not surprised people keep chiming in with more feedback.

It is only natural for people involved in the funding of a campaign to want to feel involved.

The glass outcry can be slightly annoying, but that's just how it goes. I think a lot of these people are speaking a lot of reason about the glass, then again it is all just an opinion ultimately. I do really believe many of these to be good opinions though. It's good that people will probably be able to remove it if they want. Now no one need raise a fuss about it anymore.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Cool, I'm pretty sure PBW also takes labels off pretty well if anyone else is interested in doing that.
If the label is as big as the pic I saw the other day, I'll definitely be removing mine

To me it sounds like you're saying we are bombarding you with messages that aren't entirely warranted.

A couple of things may have been overly discussed/examined IMO, but each of us has certain sticking points, and given the reputation the cloud has as pretty much the king of vapes, I'd say it's fair that everyone hashes out exactly what they're expecting.

A major part of the appeal of the cloud (aside from the tech in the vape itself) is it's use with glass.
A major part of the indiegogo campaign was the availability of awesome hydratubes.
Every sneak peek we were showed of Swagger tubes had no logos at all, and then we get shown a picture of a swagger logo taking up almost 1/3 of the can of a hydratube.

Surely you can understand that there's gonna be a chunk of people who are concerned about it?

Unless I'm reading too much into that statement, but it feels like we have helped fund this all happening, then some changes are being made that we may not be 100% happy with, and you guys are just folding your arms and going "Fine, I'm just going to tell you less then."

I daresay that's the most important thing to 99% of us too, we're just trying to figure out the details :)
this is spot on, imho

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

(I had to make your text green, it just felt wrong otherwise ;))

If you got an 18mm GonG stem, yes, it will fit perfectly.
I've used my Hydra-Circ with my solo often, One of my favourite ways of using my solo, and my hydratube (since I don't actually have a cloud yet :lol:)

Frederick - I hear you loud and clear but since you're not seeing all the emails we're getting, it might help for me to elaborate. We have customers DEMANDING changes and to be honest, its taking up A LOT of our time. We're not taking our ball home because we heard a few people squawk about the label, it has more to do with people threatening us to make changes or they are going to make a big stink about it online. That's when it gets really uncool, really fast. I think its obvious that we're not a company that "runs" from criticism but just because someone donated, that doesn't mean we have to be their slave.

Again, this has nothing to do with the label, this has to do with the persistant pattern of any photo or info we tell people. If people want to express their opinion, that is fine. But when people are demanding "or else" then at some point, it becomes unproductive.

Top Bottom