Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Who puts a giant, round, opaque visual barrier on scientific glass? Especially right over where the action is happening? :c

...the logo... I would appreciate it on a different place so the bubble action can be seen well. I would put in on the bottom like Evolver.

I could tolerate it on the bottom, but there's no round space that large under a hydratube. :( Maybe if they reduce the dimensions to a half or less it wouldn't look so out of place on the side of the tube?

white russian

that logo makes the tube look butt ugly imo.........when i first saw that, going through my mind was surely you can peel that off.

white russian,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I think the logo is kinda' cool :shrug: (it would only block the action from one side ...)

JCat,

John Lewus

I think the logo is kinda' cool :shrug: (it would only block the action from one side ...)

That would be the side that faces the mirror so I can see what I am pulling :\ I am an early bird so hoping it does not have vapor censoring logo's. Some of us on the thread are using PBW to clean our glass so logo's are bad for that unless it is sand blasted in.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Logos of premium brands tend to be well designed but discreet even under-stated, certainly not garish. The inference is that premium brands don't need to loudly proclaim their identity or say "hey, look at me"; they are simply "recognized" by the uniqueness and character of the product, with the logo reinforcing that impression.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Not a fan of the logo either, for all the reasons stated above. I dislike how it hides the water action. The bottom is a way better place for logos IMO. :2c:
Logos of premium brands tend to be well designed but discreet even under-stated, certainly not garish. The inference is that premium brands don't need to loudly proclaim their identity or say "hey, look at me"; they are simply "recognized" by the uniqueness and character of the product, with the logo reinforcing that impression.

I'm a little "queasy" on the logo as well . . . :\

11eleven11

Well looks there is a large consensus against its size and placement. They are pretty good about hearing out feedback so maybe they will alter it a little.

If they are planning on shipping out the fanatic tubes with the betas then they might have already produced a bunch of them, so that might be what we get.

I also prefer logos to be minimalist for scientific glass, so the small swagger logo at the bottom in the other vid would be my preference.

11eleven11,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I like the actual logo, but the placement is all off. A small understated logo on the neck would be more appropriate in my opinion.

Edit: I'm not receiving a tube, just my general opinion.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I can't see this logo being used on the Indiegogo tubes, it just wouldn't go with the opals or the worked part of the fanatic tube, it would be to much. I see this as a future branding, but I'm guessing. If it came on my tube and I could peel it, I would, no guess about that.

Hexi

I was anti-logos and tags before it was cool. No, like seriously :) I used to cut all tags off my clothing, especially T-shirts back in the day. Now you see Michael Jordan selling 'tagless' hanes. I invented that shit!

Everyone here generally likes the vapexhale monkey logo. But never block the action! I'm n00b to glass and even I have that mantra :drool:

The other thing I started way back in the way back days (1980s) was being anti HFCS! People thought I was insane, but the taste of HFCS compared to cane sugar was so obviously bad, so burning and tannic and just wrong. Then I read up on the Corn Refiners of America lobby group etc.. I was a lone wolf fighting against needlessly subsidized corporate corn farming so we could pump HFCS into foods that didn't need it or would be better off with cane sugar.

Now we finally have HFCS awareness and Tagless awareness...literally 20 years after my initial crusade! If only they had the internet back then...I could have complained about these 2 scourges on society when I was still young and angry!

11eleven11

I can't see this logo being used on the Indiegogo tubes, it just wouldn't go with the opals or the worked part of the fanatic tube, it would be to much. I see this as a future branding, but I'm guessing. If it came on my tube and I could peel it, I would, no guess about that.

Honestly I'd look into ways to peel it with chemicals if it came like that. :\

llamaman001

Ill be doing the same to mine if it comes like this. That logo is way too massive and my favorite thing about vaping is watching it pass through the chamber. Chemical bath FTW

llamaman001,

theCerberus

imo any part of the hydratube that isnt see through sucks.
I want to watch the vapor through the tube like others have mentioned.
I dont like the added "colour" in the neck or the massive logo.
Unfortunately this is Swagger, not vapexhale, and if you look at their instagram this new logo is on all their pieces.
http://instagram.com/swaggerglass
http://instagram.com/p/eYBl2DNY_S/

we are going to have a tough time with this. not sure if we can convince to stop that crazy large logo from ruining our fun.

Last edited:

11eleven11

Anybody post this one yet?

http://instagram.com/p/e2ZW3aFSzS/

Early bird version with no giant opaque decal.

Now that looks nice. Very clear visibility for vapor rips, nice opal decals - even with one inside, etc. It looks more custom worked to me. Functionally I prefer the fanatic, but the visual artistry of the early bird looks much better, which bums me out because I thought by paying the $1k package the glass would look very unique and custom.

Me personally, if the fanatic glass could just lose that huge opaque decal and have the same opal styling (with cool inner opal too) I'd be so happy. I swear, green opals with the green VXL EVO would be an awesome combo. I hope they can still consider this.

I am starting to doubt that's what the fanatic package will get though.

However our feedback steered them out of naming it the eagle, maybe they can talk to Swagger on account of investors' concerns about the glass too.

Last edited:

Hexi

They are making some very cool glass, and I say this as someone who gave money to the indiegogo and not a hater! I say this with love... but the term "swagger" itself is unfortunately now a very dated pop culture/twitter hashtag term.

#Swag is used by every dimlit bulb on twitter to mean everything from being good at basketball to having ugly yellow gold jewelry. The term was co-opted by twitter zombies / NBA fans / sneaker-heads and Ed-Hardy types back in the Kate +8 days.

When I hear the term "Swagger" I think of middle aged reality show TV guys flashing fake gang signs. I think skinny jeans, bedazzeld flip flops etc...

Now you might think I'm crazy, I might sound like a loon on a high horse... But I'm a very data/science driven person and I don't come up with these rants in a vacuum.

For example, type Swagger into google and see what you get. This is obviously the first most basic step you can do to 'brand-test'

One of the images on the first page that jumps out at me is this

swagger-2009-ss-lookbook-1.jpg

2 very important things to note.

The horrific try-harding style being pimped out here. This looks like Japan airlines business class on a wed. Lots of middle aged corporate guys mega-try-harding to be a Kanye clone

The second critical point here 2009!!!!!!! #Swagger was already RIP in 2009 after shit fasion co-oppted it. It may have been a cool term but it was ruined. It can never go back. It will now always mean grown men trying to dress like teenaged Kanye clones from 2009
swagger-2009-ss-style-8.jpg

Air jordans = very popular shoe for playing hoops. It's also extremely popular with sneakerheads who suck ass as basketball. I own air jordans, they only ever see action on the court or playing tennis :)

swagger-2009-ss-style-2.jpg

Ooh look at that, 2 different 'sneakers'. How swagger of him? LOL those "different" sneakers are actually 1 pair of swagger shoes intentionally designed to be different colored alligator skin?

Swagger Glass appears to be a highly skilled team of glassblowers making top-shelf water tools. But the term #swagger is not controlled by swagger glass and IMO has mostly douchey connotations in 2013.

Even NBA fans and sneakerheads moved on to #sway in 2010. My 2:2c:

I like the logo. Don't like it on the HT.

But I'm not worried. It's a sticker. They slapped it on the glass, givin' props to Swagger. I don't believe they'll slap them on our HTs. We'll probably get some stickers, though. :rockon:

Honestly, I think VXL is trolling us a bit. It's funny. I'm amused by all the concern being posted. :popcorn:Personally, I'm just excited to eventually get a package in the mail and know I'll have my mind blown by the dope-ass $%!# SM and crew have come up with for us.

gigaurora

Is anyone else kinda excited that StonedMonkey answered people on both instagram videos saying that the indiegogo campaign will get released slowly over this month... still sounds like october and not november :D

Anonymouse

Sith I care
The "Swagger" text in that old logo appears to be a hand-written/drawn design, whereas the new one seems to be just a font overlaid on a well-known trippy background. So, you've got something someone actually drew, v.s. a text overlay on clip art (to dramatically oversimplify things).

Also, the name visually disappears into the new logo, further obscuring their branding, since you can't read it (or even recognise that it's a picture and not a mottled circle) from a distance. Don't see the point of the change-over. The old one is cleaner, easier to read yet less visually intrusive, and cooler-looking, IMO.

(BTW, "swagger" was a word long before any Internet colloquial definitions. It means to have an arrogant, confident, forward manner. I assumed that was the image they were trying to evoke by choosing the name. Marketing and such...)

Last edited:

theCerberus

I like the logo. Don't like it on the HT.

But I'm not worried. It's a sticker. They slapped it on the glass, givin' props to Swagger. I don't believe they'll slap them on our HTs. We'll probably get some stickers, though. :rockon:

Honestly, I think VXL is trolling us a bit. It's funny. I'm amused by all the concern being posted. :popcorn:Personally, I'm just excited to eventually get a package in the mail and know I'll have my mind blown by the dope-ass $%!# SM and crew have come up with for us.

What convinces you its a sticker? It could be, but I dont own any new swagger glass, so I couldnt tell you.
All I can say is this one certainly doesnt look like a sticker.
http://instagram.com/p/ebPP6KtY5w/

The "Swagger" text in that old logo appears to be hand-written/drawn design, whereas the new one seems to be just a font overlaid on a well-known trippy background. So, you've got something someone actually drew, v.s. a text overlay on clip art (to dramatically oversimplify things).

Also, the name visually disappears into the new logo, further obscuring their branding, since you can't read it (or even recognise that it's a picture and not a mottled circle) from a distance. Don't see the point of the change-over. The old one is cleaner, easier to read yet less visually intrusive, and cooler-looking, IMO.

(BTW, "swagger" was a word long before any Internet colloquial definitions. It means to have an arrogant, confident, forward manner. I assumed that was the image they were trying to evoke by choosing the name. Marketing and such...)

+1, I couldn't agree more.

theCerberus,
I'm convinced by what seems to be concerning everyone else: no one in their right mind would place a permanent logo on a nice piece of glass in that manner! The only reasonable explanation in my mind is VXL got some stickers with Swagger's 'new logo' and placed it where it'd be in the camera shot for the video.

EDIT: ...and I'm an eternal optimist

Man i hope so, but look at swaggers photos. all their pieces have it and they advert "NEW PLAT LOGO!" kinda stuff is all over them, would they go that gung ho over stickers?

Uhm,...*optimism fading... *heading to google

Last edited:
Fame Is A Vapor,
Reactions: Hexi

gigaurora

I'm convinced by what seems to be concerning everyone else: no one in their right mind would place a permanent logo on a nice piece of glass like that! The only reasonable explanation in my mind is VXL got some stickers with Swagger's 'new logo' and placed it where it'd be in the camera shot for the video.

Man i hope so, but look at swaggers photos. all their pieces have it and they advert "NEW PLAT LOGO!" kinda stuff is all over them, would they go that gung ho over stickers?

Top Bottom