Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Acetone can leave a film as it evaporates depending on the purity of the solution. Always rinse throughly with water before use.

One note... acetone will defat your skin and allow anything dissolved in it or anything on your hand to be absorbed right through your skin. You might get away with washing your hands in it without any problems but in the long term it is much more likely that something bad could happen. Yeah, cancer and stuff...

USE GLOVES! (and live a little longer)

Reagent grade acetone is relatively pure and is relatively expensive. The expense comes from the testing, hermetic container and purification to specification of the material. Sources of acetone that are somewhat less pure or difficult to purify might find their way to the paint or solvent market, but that is not always the case. In the case of paint stripper acetone, you are buying the bottom of the barrel stuff. It could be pure one day and contaminated the next. If the impurity doesn't adversely affect the paint stripping property, no harm done. So, its a crap shoot when you use paint stripper acetone as to its purity. Often water is the major impurity.

vapordave

High acetone usage is expensive and has a large environmental footprint, but it does work.

I pay $5 for 500ml 99% isopropyl alcohol and $25 for 4L of acetone. 3.8L of iso would cost me $40.

According to this http://www.inchem.org/documents/ehc/ehc/ehc207.htm acetone is biodegradable. I'd be interested in sources you have that discuss its environmental impact ideally compared to iso. I have no claim either way but acetone for me is cheaper and I understand it has minimal environmental impact. It might be nice to know the environmental impact of iso vs acetone in terms of production of the two solvents.

vapordave,

tbill

Hi,

I have been smoking for over 4 decades, but only vaping since January ( April with the Cloud +) Every
night I use my finger to scrape out the brown (resin?) that accumulates at the bottom opening of my HT. Should I be saving that?

Thanks,

Tbill

tbill,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi,

I have been smoking for over 4 decades, but only vaping since January ( April with the Cloud +) Every
night I use my finger to scrape out the brown (resin?) that accumulates at the bottom opening of my HT. Should I be saving that?

Thanks,

Tbill
It's just condensed vapor. If you think of smoking, when you scrape the bowl/downstem you get resin. With vaping, you get "reclaim." It's got none of the tar or combusted plant matter of smoking, and it's just the cannabinoids that are vaporized sticking together. Some people don't care to save their reclaim, some people keep it to vape by itself or to add to flower/kief to vape, some people use it to make edibles, and some people save it to season their nails before dabbing with them. It's all preference. I don't keep the the reclaim that collects in my tubes (that's what I call wet reclaim), but I do collect the reclaim that condenses on my glass stems (I call that dry reclaim). I've seen videos of people with huge reclaim patties in their oil rigs and they say they'll save it for edibles.

vapordave

FYI I use acetone to clean my ELBs. it cleans them thoroughly in a matter of minutes. Acetone is also good for cleaning glassware. it is highly water soluble and doesn't leave residue. You can get it at many hardware stores. I wouldn't use nail polish remover as you don't know what it might be diluted with - its just best to go with acetone that you know is mostly pure. One word of warning - acetone will melt many plastics. so only use it with metals and glass and nothing with plastic or rubber.

Thinking about this a little more, I would not recommend using acetone a regular glassware cleaner. its fine to use in small quantities from time to time to clean out something that will not clean out using water or iso and time. but to clean a couple ELBs, i think its also fine as you can use less than 10mL to clean 2 or 3 ELBs. swosh them around in a small glass or beaker. and to clean out pipes and glassware if you can use a small amount. in most cases its best to only use it soaked onto a towel and swirled in. using larger quantities gets dangerous due to fumes (health and fire) and disposal issues.

newbud

Is anyone else having problems with Vapexhale in terms of customer support? I had problems with my cloud and I emailed them because it was still on warranty. They said that they were sorry but they had parted ways with their manufacturer and had no parts or anything to fix it there was nothing they could do. Three months later I email them back and ask how things were coming. I got a message saying that everything was good and that they were hoping for a november release (first time I had even heard of the evo coming out). I send another email explaining that I'm just looking for information on getting my cloud fixed and wasn't asking about the evo. They sent no responce a week later I foword the same message again it is now going on another week and still no responce.

newbud,

vapordave

So when do you guys think we'll get to see the custom Swagger glass for the $500 & $1k perk? We have 3 weeks until October. Maybe in 1 week or 2 we'll see something? Who knows.

There's probably some pretty cool updates coming soon.

Keep in mind that most of these "crowd sourcing" campaigns go over the proposed timelines. I have backed a number of them and watched a number of them and have yet to see one meet the proposed deadline. If VXH does meet their deadline then that would be awesome. But be prepared for delays. It is very difficult to account for all the things that have to get done designing, prototyping, testing, sourcing, producing parts, manufacturing and fulfilling a product like this. VXH has prior experience and contacts so that should help but that is an assumption. I am sure the EVO and new glass will be amazing: VXH has a great track record for sure. But expect delays (its the best position to have so as not to be disappointed).

11eleven11

Yeah true. However, this is just the glass side - not the technical parts and all associated with the unit.

I'd venture to guess that swagger has agreed to some deadline to get all the designs done before October. Unless they've already been told there will be a delay then I'm going to make this assumption.

Would be fun to see where they're at at the moment. Quite a while ago we already saw prototype videos. They're now further along than that I'm sure.

theCerberus

Keep in mind that most of these "crowd sourcing" campaigns go over the proposed timelines. I have backed a number of them and watched a number of them and have yet to see one meet the proposed deadline. If VXH does meet their deadline then that would be awesome. But be prepared for delays. It is very difficult to account for all the things that have to get done designing, prototyping, testing, sourcing, producing parts, manufacturing and fulfilling a product like this. VXH has prior experience and contacts so that should help but that is an assumption. I am sure the EVO and new glass will be amazing: VXH has a great track record for sure. But expect delays (its the best position to have so as not to be disappointed).

Actually SM55 already mentioned that they have built in a number of "mulligans" into the plan and we should expect nothing less than an October launch.

treeman

I'm full on expecting it to be late but I similarly feel that VXL raised nearly 3 times their revised goal (nearly twice their original goal) in the indiegogo campaign. I know a lot of manufacture is a case of time and not money but still. . . Money surely speeds things up a bit.

Still how many vape releases are actually on time, often even the late ones are fraught with problems.

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
I'm scared of delivery day. The hits from my Solo and Fbomb are already huge-cloudy enough :haw: Once I get a desktop unit like the Evo, I have a feeling I might need to install memory foam floors in my house when I get knocked on my ass.:zzz:

Before I have my cloud + I was really happy with my Solo, but I still remember my first full ELB... And being retard for a couple hours after it :freak::rofl:

I've prepared myself for a January arrival. Any time before that would be a treat.
Unfortunately that isn't acceptable for me. As I have been without my cloud since the end of June and it was under warranty at the time. So If its January I'll be requesting a refund and my old original cloud to be fixed under warranty instead. I mean I can understand if it was like the original launch, but this is not. I have already paid my money towards the product I expect it to be here on time or at least reasonably late(not January that's 3 extra months?!!).

ogcook

Unfortunately that isn't acceptable for me. As I have been without my cloud since the end of June and it was under warranty at the time. So If its January I'll be requesting a refund and my old original cloud to be fixed under warranty instead.
If they haven't launched the EVO by then I highly doubt they will have everything together to fix the old Clouds as I'm sure that isn't the priority to them right now.

ogcook,
If they haven't launched the EVO by then I highly doubt they will have everything together to fix the old Clouds as I'm sure that isn't the priority to them right now.
Oh they will and can now. It's just a pain in the ass to do so and they would rather not. Maybe if they gave us a little more for our current clouds to be returned it would be more insentive to stay with it. But, I got my cloud as one of the first's and I paid the introductory price. So I about paid the same as I did for my original cloud anyways, so in reality I really didn't get any sort of discount. But if October came and they said they needed 3 more months then that is when I'll raise hell and get my original fixed.

VapeNStone,

ogcook

Oh they will and can now. It's just a pain in the ass to do so and they would rather not. Maybe if they gave us a little more for our current clouds to be returned it would be more insentive to stay with it. But, I got my cloud as one of the first's and I paid the introductory price. So I about paid the same as I did for my original cloud anyways, so in reality I really didn't get any sort of discount. But if October came and they said they needed 3 more months then that is when I'll raise hell and get my original fixed.
They WILL and CAN? Source? I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that would love theirs fixed right about now but are waiting.

ogcook,
Reactions: mvapes
Top Bottom