Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

They WILL and CAN? Source? I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that would love theirs fixed right about now but are waiting.
No source just a hunch. But they are waiting to even located the parts until October. But, I was told but SM that if I didn't want in the campaign I could just wait and get my original fixed in October.

EDIT: all I'm saying is January would be 6 months without my cloud and that is just ridiculous for any company to expect their customer to go through.

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Keep in mind that most of these "crowd sourcing" campaigns go over the proposed timelines. I have backed a number of them and watched a number of them and have yet to see one meet the proposed deadline. If VXH does meet their deadline then that would be awesome. But be prepared for delays. It is very difficult to account for all the things that have to get done designing, prototyping, testing, sourcing, producing parts, manufacturing and fulfilling a product like this. VXH has prior experience and contacts so that should help but that is an assumption. I am sure the EVO and new glass will be amazing: VXH has a great track record for sure. But expect delays (its the best position to have so as not to be disappointed).

I'm a little skeptical. The company goes from near belly up, to rebounding through a hastily put together internet solicitation campaign, and then on to promising a new product in just a few months.

In my opinion, they made a ton of promises which I express doubts on their abilities to fulfill. The Indiegogo fundraiser became so complex with all sorts of trade-in deals, different levels of membership, etc.. etc... Based on all of their previous delays during the original Cloud release, these sure are a whole lot of promises to deliver before the end of the year.

It's too bad their fan base is so damn rabid...

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Guy's, if the cloud has the typical fail (two power wires coming loose from the ceramic) - it can't be fized without replacing that ceramic heater. IMO - the reason they cant replace it is most likely because they outsourced the internal construction and their inventory for repair was nothing more than new internals in their entirety.

These solder point on the core are not significant enough to reattach and in reality the only way to even attempt is either high temperature silver solder or a brazen weld. Unfortunately ceramic can't take a hit from a torch without being heated up evenly. Even when trying to file the ceramic down to get clean solder points to attach to the core started to fall apart rendering the attempt useless.

I assume this is why whenever a unit was sent in for repair it was always replaced. Unless of course the issue was different, maybe a busted bamboo or something like that. I believe their manufacturer didn't think of this mistake when planning for the future and when fails started to happen the guy's at VXL realized that they had an issue on their hand. One, they were running out of inventory because most fails that came in were CATASTROPHIC and they had no choice but to replace the complete unit and two, it obviously wasn't cost effective to continue production knowing that repair cost (especially when under warranty) was astronomical. This is also the reason why after upgrade your original warranty is void.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - these guy's got stuck in a fucked up position and had to come straight to the public and say look - we're not pushing the original design anymore and were going to take a leap with an improved product. Now they're educated, they got their ducks in a row - I bet, based on what they've learned the are going to change the design (where the power cords where failing) completely. I hope what they plan on is to attach to the heater using a cuff with screw points so that if wiring came loose it would be super simple to repair.

Should we beat them up about it? FUCK NO! Keep in mind, SM was and still is one of us - he's a vaporyst before being a manufacturer. Mistakes happen, people make things better with time, design flaws have to happen. Does it suck, yes it fucking blows but we (the consumer)chose to take this journey with VXL and at one point or another regardless of the flaws we were all blown away by the clouds performance.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Three years from now, when I'm kicked back with my Cloud EVO, I will not even remember if it was October or not when I got it.

I'm in this for the long haul. I expect it will be worth the wait.

I can think of other waiting lists I've been a part of, that turned out good... like my Prius. Way back when, there was a waiting list to get one. No one remembers that now, but when it was "new, cutting edge" tech, you had to wait to get one. That worked out really well for me. :)

wootze

I'm a little skeptical. The company goes from near belly up, to rebounding through a hastily put together internet solicitation campaign, and then on to promising a new product in just a few months.

In my opinion, they made a ton of promises which I express doubts on their abilities to fulfill. The Indiegogo fundraiser became so complex with all sorts of trade-in deals, different levels of membership, etc.. etc... Based on all of their previous delays during the original Cloud release, these sure are a whole lot of promises to deliver before the end of the year.

It's too bad their fan base is so damn rabid...

'All sorts of trade in deals'...try just the one. And you don't trade anything but warranty info.

wootze,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've prepared myself for a January arrival. Any time before that would be a treat.

I've prepared for OCTOBER arrival, and have done things based on that as well. My cloud now belongs to a friend who was smoking despite his asthma. I figured I could go without it for the duration of September, at a cost to my own medication. I don't care if it comes on halloween day, they said october and I paid for october, and I accordingly planned for october.

If it was any later I'd be quite annoyed actually. I understand shit happens, but they gave themselves a month window here, and took peoples money with a promise that these would be shipping out in october. I full expect what I paid for. I've always been a happy cloud owner, but I'm sick of a new trend where people pay up front, then get the product whenever the company feels like, or the product comes with limitations and issues that were not there when we paid our money in good faith. I'm REALLY hoping vapexhale sticks to everything they have promised.

A perfect example of the philosophy of paying and getting different things is the game "world war Z". Look it up for an interesting read. Plenty of people paid $20+ for a game full of promises, then the game didn't deliver ANY of those promises and is now half a year later with no sign of improvements.

I'll be honest if the clouds don't SHIP by october 31st then I'm 100% done with pre-ordering, crowd funding, campaigning, etc no matter what product or cause. We paid vapexhale to get this done on time, our FAITH BASED PAYMENTS are what is allowing them to stay in business and recover from this manufacturing blunder, I hope they can live up to the promises that we literally bought. I don't really see how that is unreasonable to expect. If not what is to stop me from "pre-selling" my super radical laser based vaporizer that I can tell you comes out next year and then just vanishing with the cash, or releasing a da buddah with a laser pointer glued to it?

I only pay before getting the product for something I truly believe in and WANT to support, so I'm really hoping Vapexhale isn't going to let us down. For some waiting may not be a big deal, but when I am literally helping to fund the vaporizers success for a high priced product on a company that has gone as far as to say their warranty is essentially put off indefinitely on the original model, I think its more than fair to hope they live up to their promised shipping since they have a whole months time frame, and TONS of money from all of us to make this happen.

I'm yet to be disappointed by vapexhale in any way, I'm really hoping this isn't the start of that, or it'll leave a very bitter taste with me.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I've prepared for OCTOBER arrival, and have done things based on that as well. My cloud now belongs to a friend who was smoking despite his asthma. I figured I could go without it for the duration of September, at a cost to my own medication. I don't care if it comes on halloween day, they said october and I paid for october, and I accordingly planned for october.

If it was any later I'd be quite annoyed actually. I understand shit happens, but they gave themselves a month window here, and took peoples money with a promise that these would be shipping out in october. I full expect what I paid for. I've always been a happy cloud owner, but I'm sick of a new trend where people pay up front, then get the product whenever the company feels like, or the product comes with limitations and issues that were not there when we paid our money in good faith. I'm REALLY hoping vapexhale sticks to everything they have promised.

A perfect example of the philosophy of paying and getting different things is the game "world war Z". Look it up for an interesting read. Plenty of people paid $20+ for a game full of promises, then the game didn't deliver ANY of those promises and is now half a year later with no sign of improvements.

I'll be honest if the clouds don't SHIP by october 31st then I'm 100% done with pre-ordering, crowd funding, campaigning, etc no matter what product or cause. We paid vapexhale to get this done on time, our FAITH BASED PAYMENTS are what is allowing them to stay in business and recover from this manufacturing blunder, I hope they can live up to the promises that we literally bought. I don't really see how that is unreasonable to expect. If not what is to stop me from "pre-selling" my super radical laser based vaporizer that I can tell you comes out next year and then just vanishing with the cash, or releasing a da buddah with a laser pointer glued to it?

I only pay before getting the product for something I truly believe in and WANT to support, so I'm really hoping Vapexhale isn't going to let us down. For some waiting may not be a big deal, but when I am literally helping to fund the vaporizers success for a high priced product on a company that has gone as far as to say their warranty is essentially put off indefinitely on the original model, I think its more than fair to hope they live up to their promised shipping since they have a whole months time frame, and TONS of money from all of us to make this happen.

I'm yet to be disappointed by vapexhale in any way, I'm really hoping this isn't the start of that, or it'll leave a very bitter taste with me.

I think everyone needs to just take a a big rip and just relax a little. I don't fault anyone for wanting to make sure that we launch on time I can tell you that we are testing units and just smoothing out the rough edges. As with anything, nothing comes out perfect on the first try so there is some fine tuning that is happening with some of the fit and finish of the parts. We're still tracking for an October release although we haven't pin pointed a date yet. The release date will be official once we give final approval on a few different pieces like grommets, screens, and the such.

For all the people that are questioning our IGG campaign in regards to their warranty or our business practices, we could've done something much easier which was to fold the company, disregard any warranties, and just start up as something new (let's face it, with all the shit that has happened to our brand, the VapeXhale name carries lots and lots of baggage)..... but we didn't, and trust us, that would be easier. We decided to take the tougher road which is, let's not let this company sink, let's build it back up, and once we are healthy again, we can get back to helping our customers.

JoeKickass

I can tell you that we are testing units and just smoothing out the rough edges.
Sounds like everything is on track! :tup:

How is the heater holding up to durability/stress tests? Do you think you can tell us if you changed to a clamp or screw system to wire up the heater, rather than spot welds (or whatever the last one had)?

darkrom

Great Scott!
I think everyone needs to just take a a big rip and just relax a little. I don't fault anyone for wanting to make sure that we launch on time I can tell you that we are testing units and just smoothing out the rough edges. As with anything, nothing comes out perfect on the first try so there is some fine tuning that is happening with some of the fit and finish of the parts. We're still tracking for an October release although we haven't pin pointed a date yet. The release date will be official once we give final approval on a few different pieces like grommets, screens, and the such.

For all the people that are questioning our IGG campaign in regards to their warranty or our business practices, we could've done something much easier which was to fold the company, disregard any warranties, and just start up as something new (let's face it, with all the shit that has happened to our brand, the VapeXhale name carries lots and lots of baggage)..... but we didn't, and trust us, that would be easier. We decided to take the tougher road which is, let's not let this company sink, let's build it back up, and once we are healthy again, we can get back to helping our customers.

This is why I felt NO issue sending you guys my money. Its just been a rough time lately where it feels like everything people pre-order or crowd fund comes in broken, late, or simply not at all as promised. It gets to be a very offputting process after so many disappointments. It sounds like the cloud is on track as expected and that is why I gambled on one last crowdfunding project, because it was one I really support. So far you guys have a 100% perfect track record in MY book, and I just hope the evo keeps things that way.

JJ420

Sounds like everything is on track! :tup:

How is the heater holding up to durability/stress tests? Do you think you can tell us (?!) if you changed to a clamp or screw system to wire up the heater, rather than spot welds (or whatever the last one had)?

Some of you guys are too much.

Hexi

I work in a billion dollar industry that does huge product launches, (not electronics like a vape). Being "on-time" has become a lame bonus payment for project managers in our industry. Most launch dates are really internal target dates.

I'd much rather miss a launch and have a product that was re-tested than just rush something out to meet the launch window. Because of how much $$ is involved, we rarely launch anything late these days.

However internal IT projects have this same "launch date or bust" mentality, and there are a quite a number of times I wish we had pulled it back, as fixing IT systems after launch is much more difficult that fixing before launch.

As others mentioned, VapeXL could have gone the way of the Sega Dreamcast. Instead they are trying to do a Nintendo and launch a better, improved product, under the same brand.

For those of you with broken Cloud OGs, I feel ya, my PAX brick, my XBOX brick, my PSP1000 brick, my NES brick, my IOlite brick etc... all met the same fate.

But with any crowdfunding, there is risk. Is the risk worth the reward? That's only something each of us can answer individually. For me, the risk is well worth the reward.

The price of a Hydratube + Evo = 2 trips to Wholefoods. Worth it to me.

JJ420

I still do think my original ticker Cloud is the best vaporizer in my arsenal, and probably the best vape out there. Still no problems and it runs like a champ every time. Y'all have to remember, this thing has browned at least a pound over the last year!

The only reason I'm skeptical, again, is the release date of the Evo. It's like a new car going from concept to mass production in only a few short months.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I still do think my original ticker Cloud is the best vaporizer in my arsenal, and probably the best vape out there. Still no problems and it runs like a champ every time. Y'all have to remember, this thing has browned at least a pound over the last year!

The only reason I'm skeptical, again, is the release date of the Evo. It's like a new car going from concept to mass production in only a few short months.

I'd say its more like a mid model refresh. The core vape is still the same, just some efficiency/usability/reliability tweaks.

11eleven11

Nice little update to reassure everyone that the sky isn't falling.

Can you give us updates on what's going on the glass side of things? We'd love some quick new info about that. Like maybe, approximately how many weeks ahead until we see what the $500 & $1k perk glass looks like. Or just how development is going on the swagger side of things. :tup:

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Nice little update to reassure everyone that the sky isn't falling.

Can you give us updates on what's going on the glass side of things? We'd love some quick new info about that. Like maybe, approximately how many weeks ahead until we see what the $500 & $1k perk glass looks like. Or just how development is going on the swagger side of things. :tup:

We went through a few different versions of percs and turbines, will have final pics for you guys shortly :D

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I didn't mean to bend anyone out of shape with my comment. Almost every single thing that I've ever preordered has not been delivered by the initially stated date of release. Some things have taken a month longer, some things have taken a year longer, some things are still a waiting game. I've learned to be ready for that. That's all I was saying.

JJ420

A thousand bucks for some sort of crappy Hydratube?? If anyone buys that, hell they're downright stupid.

You can get an SG Pillar for a grand!!!!

mod note: All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner.

JJ420,
Top Bottom