Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

llamaman001

I do have a legit question for tomm when my unit arrives. Do you guys leave yours plugged in 24/7 and only turn it on when in use, or leave it unplugged until you are about to use it? I have a surge protector for it already as well.

llamaman001,

hookedonvape

Ataxian, my cloud is scheduled to arrive tomorrow on my day off! Super excited. Im curious as to how they are going to repair old clouds after october/november. Am I remembering correctly that I read that they might take a little longer to repair because they have to custom order the parts for them? Or will they be replacing the "old" guts with the "newer" (EVO) guts? Not 100% sure how that will play out.
o
llama how are you getting your cloud tomorroe, inquiring minds want to knoww.lol

hookedonvape,

2 Paces

o
llama how are you getting your cloud tomorroe, inquiring minds want to knoww.lol

He mentioned earlier that he found an original ;)

Just ordered a brand new still in box original ticker cloud from the first batch made! Cant wait to get it to hold me over until the EVO is released and use it as my back up unit once the EVO gets here! Really excited I was able to find one from the first batch!

2 Paces,

hookedonvape

if you dont mind me asking where did you find it, wouldnt mind having one tobtake around traveling

especially a ticker, id love one of the ogs

so my buddys dumb ass or maybe to no fault of his own, not sure. the top first flare in the bamboo, right after the 18mm has a small crack right in the bamboo. he claims heat. is this posaible? is it safe to use. it would scare me that id be inhaling glass or fiber of some aort.

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Three posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
hookedonvape,

max

Out to lunch
That's awesome arf - I think there will be some that are lucky like you. I fear, like VXL hence the warranty void once updated, that most will eventually fail. The ones that still work will be somewhat fucking legendary!

Save em boy's and girls....

And treat em right - cause if it fails....

It ain't getting back up.
Since FC is just a tiny microcosm of the total Cloud ownership, you could just as easily conjecture that the majority of units hasn't and won't fail. Mine is certainly working fine.

hookedonvape said:
....the top first flare in the bamboo, right after the 18mm has a small crack right in the bamboo. he claims heat.
Ridiculous claim, since it's designed to produce (and thus withstand) that kind of heat. He has no way of knowing what caused the crack, assuming there was no accident involved. As for being safe to use, I wouldn't venture to speculate.

max,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I wish mine was still wreaking havoc, when it was it was truly a fucking contender for the spot as champion. The flavor IMO was far better than any other vape of the 30 plus vapes I've owned. Of course I was disappointed when the fucker broke. If the EVO out performs the OG than the wait is totally worth it.

Have any of the BETA crew received units yet? I assume with only a few weeks left until October than testing should be well underway.

EDIT: Max, that's correct - but only if you haven't seen the inside of the OG. After examination I would feel more comfortable saying that since we are such a small part of their market than I would assume the failure rate is much larger than what we see.

As I said, I DO NOT fault VXL in anyway for the previous design. It was a mistake, it was their first attempt at bringing out a device that simply answers what most vaporysts ask for. Heavy duty, rich in flavor, milky clouds.

Getting it right on the first attempt IMO would be asking a bit much. I believe their going to get it right this time and hit the home run we've all been waiting for.

I for one was blown away with the original, it stopped my VAS in it's tracks. Do that for me again and I have no issue becoming their biggest cheerleader.

Last edited:

hookedonvape

my friend is def a character so who knows what happened. i know its made for heat but couldnt a small weakness in any point of the glass that gets hot over and over, especially that hot. im not trying to defend my retarded friend.lol. just trying to figure what happened i think stone monkey said in a vid that they pretty much beta tested the units, i believe we should just star recieving them, beta testing eas for products down the road. peace

hookedonvape,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
my friend is def a character so who knows what happened. i know its made for heat but couldnt a small weakness in any point of the glass that gets hot over and over, especially that hot. im not trying to defend my retarded friend.lol. just trying to figure what happened i think stone monkey said in a vid that they pretty much beta tested the units, i believe we should just star recieving them, beta testing eas for products down the road. peace

I don't think so, the bamboo helps heat the glass evenly thus reducing the risk of any failure glass wise. I would bet dollars to donuts that your boy got a piece stuck on the gong and might have rocked the piece too hard to loosen it and therefor created a stress crack in the area your talking about.

max

Out to lunch
hookedonvape said:
couldnt a small weakness in any point of the glass
A glass defect could be a possibility but that would be the fault of the glass construction, not a heat issue.

I'm sure VXL (or any manufacturer) would prefer to think it was a user created problem, as mvapes suggests. :lol:

max,

dirtpie

I do have a legit question for tomm when my unit arrives. Do you guys leave yours plugged in 24/7 and only turn it on when in use, or leave it unplugged until you are about to use it? I have a surge protector for it already as well.

I keep my cloud unplugged and in a case when it's not in use. The first few months I had the cloud I would leave it plugged in all the time and simply flip the power switch on when I was ready to use it.

The only reason I don't keep it plugged in all the time is to ensure that no accidents happen while it's out. I used to have a SSV and would keep it plugged in and turned on 24/7. There were plenty of accidents with it plugged in constantly. I just can't take the risk since the cloud doesn't have cheap and easily replaceable components. Plus I think my cloud really enjoys it's little case!

dirtpie,
I don't think so, the bamboo helps heat the glass evenly thus reducing the risk of any failure glass wise. I would bet dollars to donuts that your boy got a piece stuck on the gong and might have rocked the piece too hard to loosen it and therefor created a stress crack in the area your talking about.
exactly what I was going to say. Either that or when he was putting it in the joint he went a little to fast and banged the clouds male joint against the female cause the crack. Either way I think your buddy is just covering his tracks. Make him pay half of your EVO lol

VapeNStone,
Reactions: mvapes

hookedonvape

lol. thankfully its his. i baby the hell out of mine.lol. i woulda thought the ht did it too. just wierd where it cracked, rigjt at the first chamber reduction. will vxh fix this or is it warrantied? hes looking to sell it now. figure it might be cheaper yo fix. he didnt jump on the evo wagon, he will just be calling me all the time to use it.lol. meantime im gonna be waiting on my porch for my evo if someone wanys to bring some food and clothes for me:)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I keep my cloud unplugged and in a case when it's not in use. The first few months I had the cloud I would leave it plugged in all the time and simply flip the power switch on when I was ready to use it.

The only reason I don't keep it plugged in all the time is to ensure that no accidents happen while it's out. I used to have a SSV and would keep it plugged in and turned on 24/7. There were plenty of accidents with it plugged in constantly. I just can't take the risk since the cloud doesn't have cheap and easily replaceable components. Plus I think my cloud really enjoys it's little case!
many others do keep it on all day. the EVO has a removable cord so accidents should be minimalized

colinm_au

My wife's Cloud+ lasted 35 days and mine 63 days ... I have opted for 2 replacement EVO's via the crowd funding program as I believe in the product. It is just a pity that the discount offered to people with defective units was not larger given uncertainty of when repairs may start and the quantum of any backlog.

On the other issue of ELB's ... I have also lost a few with the basket seam coming apart or separating from the collar. So stock up and clean carefully! I use an overnight soak in alcohol and scrub with a toothbrush.

I am sure the build quality of the EVO will be much improved and that the lessons learned from the Cloud+ will result in a product that becomes the gold standard in Vaping !

colinm_au,
Reactions: Hexi

max

Out to lunch
On the other issue of ELB's ... I have also lost a few with the basket seam coming apart or separating from the collar. So stock up and clean carefully! I use an overnight soak in alcohol and scrub with a toothbrush.
You might try avoiding the overnight soak. Alcohol is a solvent after all. ISO and a toothbrush can do a bang up job in a hurry. Of course too much vigorous scrubbing should be avoided too. I have yet to have an elb go bad, but I clean often enough so that they clean up pretty easily. Haven't had to either soak long term or scrub. Of course now that I've said that, all of mine will probably fall apart.

I am sure the build quality of the EVO will be much improved ....
And reliability! Everyone is hoping so (except for the direct competition I imagine).

Hexi

You might try avoiding the overnight soak. Alcohol is a solvent after all. ISO and a toothbrush can do a bang up job in a hurry. Of course too much vigorous scrubbing should be avoided too. I have yet to have an elb go bad, but I clean often enough so that they clean up pretty easily. Haven't had to either soak long term or scrub. Of course now that I've said that, all of mine will probably fall apart.

And reliability! Everyone is hoping so (except for the direct competition I imagine).
Sonemonkey has also stated that the ELBs are not designed to be permanent bowls. So they will all eventually fail, it's just that many FC members have taken extra care to extend the life of them.

Hexi,

max

Out to lunch
going to let it sit for 15 then try it out, ill report back and let you guys know!
Since you haven't been able to get back to us yet, I assume it's working normally. :ko:

So they will all eventually fail
OTOH "eventually" could be after the vape dies (of old age hopefully) or after the user does. :myday: It's hard to apply a lifespan to something like this since it's more of a matter of how much it gets used (and how it's handled) than how long it lasts, time wise. My mother, in her later years, had a set of tires on her car that would no longer pass inspection. They had plenty of tread on 'em, but were ten years old and dry rotted. I've been driving a sports car for over 20 years and have never come close to getting 40,000 miles on a set of tires, regardless of brand, and I don't even buy the high performance models.

max,

Hexi

Indeed, I think the gist of it is, that ELBs may last longer than they were intended to...and hopefully the Cloud EVO will last a lot longer than any ELB.

Hexi,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I keep 8 ELBs in a constant rotation. After a day or two, I dump the dirty ELB into a small jar of iso. I leave all my "dirty" ELBs to marinate in iso for up to 2 weeks at a time, and I've not experienced any type of degradation because of this. In the last 18 months, I've only lost one ELB to wear and tear, and one that got stepped on. :doh: So I don't think iso is a contributing factor to degradation IMHO.

:peace:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I also let mine soak in ISO while awaiting rotation, so far so good. Like Stu, most of my ELB failures have been user induced . . . ;)

11eleven11

I love the tips in this thread -- gonna soak my ELBs in ISO and see how that goes. The rotation idea seems pretty solid. Gonna get a Pelican case for the equipment. You guys know your shit!

I am probably yet again beating a dead horse, but let me just say again how much I'd love a glass ELB. If I knew a glass blower in town I'd give him one of my ELBs and just say, "do your best at cloning this with glass... and I will give you some nice cash for your endeavor." :cool:

Again though.. if done poorly it'll probably mess up the distribution of air that helps with amazing extraction. I do think SM55 said they may look into glass ELB options. I may just be imagining things though.

Anyway gentlemen and gentlewomen, in about a week we will be half way to October. :science:

Last edited:
Top Bottom