Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

CheeseSandwich

I just said 99% in generalities as opposed to an absolute number. A large majority of the failed units had this attribute and the reason we can't repair them now has to do with our legal situation. We are not supposed to discuss our previous relationship with our manufacturer, so out of respect for that, I ask that we don't continue to ask questions about the heater issue as it adds complexity to a legal issue that we are trying to resolve. Just know that come October, we can repair it and let's leave it at that.

Hey SM55,

Will there be a better heater solution used in October to fix the cloud+ units?

CheeseSandwich,
Reactions: Vessel

theCerberus

Hey SM55,

Will there be a better heater solution used in October to fix the cloud+ units?

Just speculation but my guess is no.
As stated before the idea is that they dont want people gaming the system, breaking clouds to get a free upgraded heater.
So even if the heater is replaced by a better one, they wouldnt explicitly want to say so.

If you want a better heater system, you should get the Eagle/Nimbus.

theCerberus,

evnt

I am on the confirm donation page on indie gogo to do the upgrade program from my first gen cloud to the new nimbus/eagle. Quick question though. I am concerned that if I do not pay for the option to get a new hydra tube now that they will sold out when October comes around and I will be SOL? I figured the stock of hydratubes would not be as constricted as the vape itself, so if I can just browse the site and get one later I am ok with that too.

Just cant drop the full $$ amount on a combo pack at the moment. Will the price of the tubes go up after the initial launch or will I be cool to snag one later? My first batch cloud is still running like a champ thankfully, but I cannot pass up the opportunity to upgrade an already amazing product. I am reading bits and pieces about the use of concentrates in new one too which is all sorts of amazing (although that two cap method is clutch :p )

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It will absolutely be cheaper to buy the combo package.

Here's my non-official breakdown:

$350 - gets you an eagle + mouthpiece.
This is cheaper than the eagle will retail for

$500 gets you an eagle + limited edition hydratube.
This is cheaper than the eagle + a regular hydratube will retail for (my guess is its roughly what the eagle itself will retail for, but that's jut my guess)
You are effectively paying $150 (+ the cost of the mouthpiece I guess) for a limited diction hydratube.

The regular hydratubes currently go for $220ish (I think).
My guess for these limited edition ones is that they'd go for $300-$350, but that's wild speculation on my part.

If you're strapped for cash, there's no reason you can't just get the $350 deal, and a regular hydratube later (they aren't gonna run out of the regular hydratubes, I have NFI how many of the limited edition swagger circ-turbines they'll have), but it'll cost you more in the long run than the $500 deal, and you'd end up with a lower value hydratube.

Either way, my guess as the the most cost effective options would be as follows:

Most cost effective - get the $500 package now.
It's the cheapest option, and gives you the more valuable hydratube.

Middle cost effectiveness - get the $350 deal now, and a hydratube separately later.
Will cost a bit more, but has less up front cost
(May end up being an equal cost to the next option :shrug:

Least cost effective - purchase the eagle + hydratube once they've officially launched
Lowest up front cost, but highest overall cost.
Also has the disadvantage of not helping out the funding campaign, and there may be a wait list at launch (funding campaign purchases are front of the line when the eagle launches)

:2c: Hope that helps

Edit:
Just noticed you're looking to upgrade, not just get a new eagle.

It might work out cheaper to do the $250 deal now, and get a regular hydratube later, but you'd be endin up with a regular hydratube (e.g. Swagger circ), not a limited edition hydratube (I.e. swagger circ to turbine)

weedemon

enthusiast
to the guy who fredrick answered. take his advice. :) if you can't afford it i'd say go for the 350 option. it's the best deal imo. I upgraded to the 500 option myself. this way I get my old cloud fixed still, and I get a kickass new toy too! :) the original cloud will be on standby actually. my backup piece. :)

I'm sure it will be the same as the regular cloud. You just have to use the two cap method and turn it up a tad :) Takes my dabs in one hit.

so I have been away for a while.

I have cloud questions!

1. double cap method for concentrates? like solid hashes? cause I would do pure kief in mine in place of herbs. or maybe this is for liquids? interesting. did it involve cotton also though?

2. cloud + (plus) existed? what is this? a non ticker?? was it more expensive?

please enlighten me guys!!

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Cloud+ came out before the international release, but after the tickers stopped as far as I can remember. (How's that for a wishy washy timeframe :lol:)
So there are some non ticking Clouds, and some non ticking Cloud+(s).

The cloud+ is supposed to heat up a bit faster, but my impression from reading the forum was that it was basically just the cloud turning green earlier, with best performance still achieved after 10-15 mins warmup time
I also believe it has a shorter cord.

I personally wouldn't consider the cloud vs cloud+ different vapes, just a model revision or something. I assume this is how VXL treated them, given their site only refers to it as the cloud, but the ones that were being sold up until this stuff with the manufacturer happened have all been cloud+s for a while.
(kinda like all the solo model revisions, there were a few tweaks along the way, but its still the same vape)

Edit:
There were also supposed to be some internal changes to increase the reliability or serviceability of it, but I can't remember those details ATM

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
TGIF! Looks like everyone loves the number 69 as it seems like we've stalled a bit there. I know everyone (including me) really wants to see what a VapeXhale Portable might look and vape like so if you guys could all do us a favor and share our link, I think we can inch closer to the goal!

http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3569338

Things are really coming together on our side, October can't come soon enough!

to the guy who fredrick answered. take his advice. :) if you can't afford it i'd say go for the 350 option. it's the best deal imo. I upgraded to the 500 option myself. this way I get my old cloud fixed still, and I get a kickass new toy too! :) the original cloud will be on standby actually. my backup piece. :)

so I have been away for a while.

I have cloud questions!

1. double cap method for concentrates? like solid hashes? cause I would do pure kief in mine in place of herbs. or maybe this is for liquids? interesting. did it involve cotton also though?

2. cloud + (plus) existed? what is this? a non ticker?? was it more expensive?

please enlighten me guys!!

Hell yea you can use pure kief. Its amazing!!! Me and my gf call it pucky!! lol Because usually the kief is pulled from a puck of it. It works with just a straight dab of oil too. I didn't even flip my cloud either because when I two cap it is easier for me to use my HT because the ELB top can get stuck in certain joints.

And yes the cloud+ existed/exists It doesn't not tick and had a few other changes(shorter cord, no flashing lights when it auto shut offed, etc.)

Can someone tell me if I'm able to change my donation to upgrade to a higher package? I'm kind of regretting not getting the early bird package as opposed to just the basic fanboy. I assumed it just came with a basic hydratube. :doh: Maybe something I can email support about idk...

JoeFinny,
Can someone tell me if I'm able to change my donation to upgrade to a higher package? I'm kind of regretting not getting the early bird package as opposed to just the basic fanboy. I assumed it just came with a basic hydratube. :doh: Maybe something I can email support about idk...

Just like it said in this thread. You can add the amount of money more on there and they will figure it out and adjust the funds accordingly.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Seibo Shen on Indiegogo said:
Seibo Shen said 1 day ago
@chadsteele – if you want to go from the $350 to $500 level, simply hit the “contribute now” button and enter $150 as your amount and don’t choose a perk. We will contact you before we send out your unit to confirm you perk level. Hope that helps.
Go for it, they will contact you, almost to $70K . . . :)
http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3723654

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

Yes, just donate the appropriate additional amount to make your total donation what you want it to be. Before VXL will ship out anything, they will comb through the payments/donations, etc, for multiples from the same people (doing what you are looking to do) and contact them (you) to confirm where you want your money to go, and what perk to correlate it to :tup:

Edit*** VapenStone and T-Dub to the rescue, quicker than I ;) But I'll leave my post as well....it seems as though a little redundancy might go a long way with those users who just never read back a few pages (several pages, etc)...not that it's an excuse ;)

filteredhead

TGIF! Looks like everyone loves the number 69 as it seems like we've stalled a bit there. I know everyone (including me) really wants to see what a VapeXhale Portable might look and vape like so if you guys could all do us a favor and share our link, I think we can inch closer to the goal!

Put it over 70k with a 2nd trade-in perk, hope we raise all of the funds you are looking for and to help get the portable into its next phase. Sincerely all the best.

grokit

well-worn member
100K would seem like a good bet, looking forward to seeing what the color option will entail. But as much as I'd love to see a vxc portable, $250k may be reaching a bit after the initial excitement has worn down.

Just saying that $100k would be an amazing success story, lets be sure to celebrate that goal when it is reached and not put the cart before the horse here!

11eleven11

We have all bought the shit out of this campaign and a lot of us on FC have been sharing the good news, but I think this stall might be because there are only so many FC members on here who can only do so much, especially after most of us (presumably) have already bought our perk packages.

Maybe you can look to High Times to possibly help a little now (even just an article on the VXL Eagle & its campaign would be great). Not sure if you guys have tried setting anything up with them yet but I know you mentioned you have some pretty solid ideas with a few other channels. Now is a great time because the campaign looks super legit to anyone visiting. "$20k over the goal... people must love this thing!"

Even having an employee of yours post on other Cannabis forums about the news (with mod approval) would be good.

And PS the AMAs you did were great. I'm sure you got a few buyers out of that. Keep up the good work.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The Screaming Eagle is hungry . . . :) Feed it at: http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3723654

Screaming%20Eagle%20.jpg

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Is the Eagle going to be universal voltage from the start this time? I don't want to plunk down for a package only to be told in October, "Sorry, international units are at least six months away" or some such. Let the non-Americans play too this time 'round!

Edit: Wow, coincidentally 200th post. That means this must be important. :p

Top Bottom