Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

white russian

The policy, as I was told it, is that VapeXhale deal with warranty claims directly. It's totally clear, but some don't like it- in fact some have said they won't buy a Cloud unless the policy changes.

I'm just responding to those who have said that they don't like this policy, and, I guess, musing on how it might be if the policy were different.

To me this is a total ballache, waited many years for this to be to be released int territory, but i can't be doing with sending back direct to manufacturer if the unit i got failed, ive already had fingers burnt with a faulty vaporfection unit, shipping costs were ridiculous and turnaround time pissed me off, guess i'm sitting on the fence a while longer.

white russian,

lreindl

Pacific NW
The bamboo is adjustable, you can slightly push it up, you do not need to move it up very far to create the ground clearance you want. (1/8 of an inch clearances is all you need, we have blind tested units, and any clearence beyond that is neglagable and results in the same amount of airflow)."

OK - you say "slightly push it up" and my glass bamboo won't even budge. Any more pressure applied to the glass and I feel like it will crack.

lreindl,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
OK - you say "slightly push it up" and my glass bamboo won't even budge. Any more pressure applied to the glass I feel like it will crack.
You would be the first to have this happen. If your bamboo is not self adjustable for whatever reason, this places you in a warranty situation, however, applying gentle, slowly increasing pressure until the bamboo slides in it's retention system should work, theoretically. My guess is that the glass has more longitudinal strength than torsional or latitudinal.

t-dub,
Reactions: Vitolo

lreindl

Pacific NW
Be that as it may, I have started applying very gentle pressure and increasing with no room to budge. Maybe if I video tape and show you how much force I'm actually applying? I just don't want to break it and be out another two months waiting for another Cloud.

lreindl,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Be that as it may, I have started applying very gentle pressure and increasing with no room to budge. Maybe if I video tape and show you how much force I'm actually applying? I just don't want to break it and be out another two months waiting for another Cloud.
I agree with you 1000% if you are not comfortable do not proceed. For safety, never do anything that violates your common sense. Thankfully we just had a good report on short turn around time. Have you contacted Phil at VapeXhale customer service and asked him his advice? A quick phone call might help.

Edit: Video is always great . . . :tup:

t-dub,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ok, the only thing I saw that caught my eye was your one handed technique. I hold the Cloud in my left hand and use my right thumb to apply pressure. I can get my bamboo to move the way you do in your video, but its not easy, and mine is old, looser, and hot right now.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

Damn, that sucks. Especially if you dropped it, I assume it's probably not under warranty. I also assume it works if you hold it up and use it off the table?

Did you try applying equal pressure with two fingers on both sides of the glass? Again, I'm not a VapeXhale staff member, so I can not confirm or deny whether this is the correct thing to do however I'm just giving you suggestions if you really want to try. I've had success in the past with other items (not the Cloud, I've never moved the Bamboo) by applying equal pressure. I assume by pressing more on one side, you are making it harder to slide. Just make sure it's secure wherever you are holding it.

newVaper420,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Happy Friday everyone! I gotta say, you will probably NEVER see me talk about hooking up my cloud to a bag. That's what bag vapes are for...:lol:
Anyway, I just thought I'd throw up a quick pic of how I am spending my Fr-high-day Afternoon...

Cheers Friends!
534775_498693006844590_385741676_n.jpg

One more for those in the sheep seats...Baaa!
521859_498692030178021_1962449888_n.jpg

:science: BC

lreindl

Pacific NW
Pappy, how do you like the Ion compared to your 60t? I was thinking 'bout getting one to sit alongside my Ion Matrix, but TWO matrix diffusers just sounds a bit overkill.

lreindl,

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
Unfortunately my first cloud stopped working today. No heat. The light just stays red. I was waiting for this to happen, because I love this vape so much it was bound to happen.. lol.. (because everything I love dies..)

I am not pissed.. just not high at all.. lol.. thank god I have so many other vapes.. (why don't I want to use them?) But yeah I opened a support ticket. It hasn't been even one month since I registered it so I am hoping that I get my problem sorted soon.

Already going through cloud withdrawal.. :cry:

IIIQBIII,

nowonknows

So I had two US versions which both failed last year after one montof collective use.
As an international customer I had no warranty as I knew at time of purchase.
So as the units died I pulled them appart for inspection, both units had the same fault relating to the heating element.

With the new cloud plus and international models, I would be interested to know if anyone has pulled one appart yet?
If so, have the heating elements been upgraded or are the same ones in use just with additional bonding agient on the terminals?

Is there really an added heatsheild or have they just removed the outer ceremic cylinder and increased the density of the fibreglass insulation material?
Do the units truly heat quicker or has the temp sensor just been shifted closer to the heat source?

With the elignment issues mentioned, this can be corrected easily. Losen all 8 screws, adjust vertical alignment and retighten in sequence. When retightening if the horizontal alignment is off, for example say the top front section sits slightly to the left, you would want to slightly unscrew the top front left screw than tighten the top right front screw.

nowonknows,

Pappy

shmaporist
Pappy, how do you like the Ion compared to your 60t? I was thinking 'bout getting one to sit alongside my Ion Matrix, but TWO matrix diffusers just sounds a bit overkill.
Prefer the Ion. I can live without the 60t, the Stereo Matrix is overkill IMO. The Ion seems like the perfect size and form the this particular perc.

lreindl

Pacific NW
Hmm... confused with what happened at the end. The ELB was taken out so I'm not sure what was smoking.

lreindl,
Reactions: Pappy

b0

Cloudy...
I was lucky enough to meet up with MCG today and give his cloud a whirl :brow:
It got a run through probably half of my glass collection :)

I'll come back a bit later to give my impressions on it, but for now I'll say i was impressed :nod:

My tracking says my Cloud is in a city at only 220km from me :rant:damn I will have to wait till monday...

At least show me an awesome review to let me know how good international units are!! MGG upload some videos mate! :rockon:

fullfathom04

Hello everybody,

this is my first post. I have been lurking for a good couple of years and i have always used FC as a quality source of news and unbiased opinions on vaporisers and vaporizing and for every vaporizer i have bought i have always read a lot of the thread relating to it. Its a great forum.

After every vaporiser acquisition i always intended to make a comment thanking everyone for their indirect advice and for sharing their experiences. but somehow I always managed to get sidetracked....

So i wanted to make sure i didnt this time.
I own a SSV, WW, PAX, Solo, & MFLB and I've been waiting patiently for the international release of the cloud. As soon as i could i ordered the Swagger tree and cloud package from Vapefiend.co.uk (who i'd be more than happy to recommend if anyone was wondering :p ) and it arrived on Thursday.

Ive been happy with the SSV ( GG joint) as my daily driver for around 3 years (it was the very first vaporiser i bought after lots of reading up on here, and its superb) i was sceptical when people were saying that the cloud beats it hands down... but i think i agree... i really have been very impressed and i love my cloud already. It seems to have the low bamboo half problem which i know is fixed by pushing the bamboo further up, which im building myself up to trying as it seems quite sturdy.

The auto shut off option doesnt seem to kick in after an hour too, it seems to be on the half an hour to forty minutes mark, does anyone know if this is a change to the +? It may have said but i haven't picked up on it. Ive asked VPX about them all anyway and they are but minor niggles which dont detract from the fact that, in my opinion the cloud does its job as well as any other vaporizer i own or have tried :)

Thanks to everyone for posting their opinions on the cloud in the thread, and to SM and VXC for coming up with the idea and making it happen as well as Vapefiend for getting it to me quicker than i expected and without any problems. I look forward to reading lots more about the cloud as well as various other vaporisers over the coming months and years on the forum :) and i am meaning to make a few posts in that time too but i'm not the most prolific poster so time will tell lol

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts fullfathom!

It seems to have the low bamboo half problem which i know is fixed by pushing the bamboo further up, which im building myself up to trying as it seems quite sturdy.

I was worried that my cloud was going to have the same problem and now I'm almost sure it will because I bought it from VF too ( I recommend him too, really nice guy) so out of curiosity, it affects the airflow when the Cloud is resting in a table? Can you take a pic of it? Also, you noticed any esthetic flaws?

The truth is that I'm not much worried about it, knowing that the guys at VXL and people here recomend pushing it gently without problems made me feel relieved. I'm just waiting to receive it on monday and start the Cloud life :science:

Edit: Is your bamboo as low as MGG's one?

b0,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Ive noticed a few pics of clouds - similar to the one above this post. I see that a few members have their silicone wrist bands wrapped around the bottom portion of the cloud closer to where the dial is. Why? That area doesn't get hot, am I missing something?

Top Bottom