Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Ok

I finally got the cloud today.

Opened it up to find
a) There is no hydra stand included with the swagger circ and it says it should have been included.
b) it has the longer cord (6.25 ft) so it's the older model.
c) the warranty card says it's only for a year.

I bought directly from Vapexhale and it came from PA!? Did they try to send me a refurbished model!?

I'm not a very happy camper after spending so much. I bought this thinking I'd get a plus unit. I even used the FC code, did they think I wouldn't notice this was the older model?

man at least I have a cloud but not starting off on a good foot here.

has anyone else recently had these problems?

Have you turned it on yet? I'd go more by the heat up/ light time moreso than the cord length. I have a cloud+. It's an updated older model so it has a long cord.

VaporEyes,

Bon Dog

They really should have gone to a detachable cord when they made the Cloud plus revision, IMO. It solves the same problem, but also lets people use any cord length they want, makes the vape easier to pack in a case (for travel or concealment), makes frayed cords easily replaceable, and wouldn't add any significant expense to a $400 appliance, even if the sockets cost something ridiculous like $10. Dunno why they didn't, because "cost saving" doesn't sound like a very reasonable explanation.

You could prob slice it and add some extra lenth

Bon Dog,

Troi

Ok

Opened it up to find
a) There is no hydra stand included with the swagger circ and it says it should have been included.

I bought directly from Vapexhale and it came from PA!? Did they try to send me a refurbished model!?

I'm not a very happy camper after spending so much. I bought this thinking I'd get a plus unit. I even used the FC code!

also I'm trying to put in a support ticket but the site isn't even loading....Ahhh what else could go wrong today!?

All Clouds come from PA now, you received a brand new Cloud Plus. The warranty cards were printed Before we upgraded to the 2 year warranty. Open a support ticket about the hydrafoot that will get resolved no problem.

Troi,
Reactions: b0

Koop

Ok

Opened it up to find

I'm not a very happy camper after spending so much. I bought this thinking I'd get a plus unit. I even used the FC code!

also I'm trying to put in a support ticket but the site isn't even loading....Ahhh what else could go wrong today!?
did you have to sign for your package?

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
just turned it on...it went from red to green in like 2 mins...so does that mean I have a plus? what else can I do to check if it's a plus? The biggest thing to me is the warranty extension and also that hydra stand would be nice too...

also did the FC code give anyone free shipping?

Sounds like a plus to me. And with Troi reaffirming that, I'd say you've got one fine piece of equipment in your hands. :tup:

lreindl

Pacific NW
finding a mobius is proving to be harder than i thought. would zob or hvy glass be worth exploring in your much appreciated opinions? arrg i wish their strait tube selection was a little more vast. would it be a horrible idea to explore local glass blowers?

I think you should wait until Mobius sends more things to ALT. They send stock usually every two weeks. Jump on it when you see it though, they go fast!

Anonymouse

Sith I care
You could prob slice it and add some extra lenth

It isn't about not being long enough (an extension cord would solve that fine). It's about detachability and the convenience it provides. Pull off the cord, put the cloud in a case, roll the cord up and shove it in a pre-prepared space. If the cord is frayed/cut/melted/crushed, swap it for another for a few bucks. If you want a short as hell or long as hell cord, fine, just buy one to length. IF you want a short cord in one location and a long cord in another, just buy both and move the Cloud between them. Most high end vapes have a removable cord, and the Cloud is arguably the highest-end of all, so this seems like an oversight.

Bon Dog

It isn't about not being long enough (an extension cord would solve that fine). It's about detachability and the convenience it provides. Pull off the cord, put the cloud in a case, roll the cord up and shove it in a pre-prepared space. If the cord is frayed/cut/melted/crushed, swap it for another for a few bucks. If you want a short as hell or long as hell cord, fine, just buy one to length. IF you want a short cord in one location and a long cord in another, just buy both and move the Cloud between them. Most high end vapes have a removable cord, and the Cloud is arguably the highest-end of all, so this seems like an oversight.
No I get that, I had seem a post with a complaint about the short cord. I thought I quoted it..
Damn phone lol. Oh and I mentioned splice, not slice lol

Bon Dog,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I could see the shorter cord being a nice feature, for some...however, if it weren't a regulations thing, I'm sure many folks would just as soon have the old school long cord. Chad brings up some good points when it comes to the detachable cord,
wish mine detatched :\ those cords can be bought at any store for less than 5 bucks. but mainly since i take my vapes everywhere, i dont like knowing each time i roll up my cord it gets more twisted, along with not using hydra's and flipping the unit upside down all the time, twsits the cord up, not a big deal, im more of a fan of the short cord! cloud+ is awesome!
and I for one would fall in love with this vape all over again (still in love anyhow) if it had a detachable cord! I would heat it up, and detach the cord to vape in other places, etc...As well as the benefits of packing/transporting/overall cable maintenance.

On a side note from the recent conversation, and on a more Cloud usage topic...Has anyone ever tried using an Oil dome (vapor dome) instead of the dry mouthpieces/hydratubes? I used a larger one just now, and even being only an inch away from the ELB, my lips/mouth/throat didn't notice any real irritation. I had the Cloud at around 11:00 (old school ticking cloud (Aug. '12)) with some Blue Widow, and it produced a nice thick hit. Food for thought, for those looking for a decent hit, with minimal vapor condensation in their piece.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
i have used my 18 to 14 reducer in this manner, was a little hot for me, but i am running an original cloud at 3 o'clock. doable, but a little toasty
Yeah, I could see 3 being too hot for that setup...but at 11/12, it was nice!

@VapeNStone, Nice bracelet! Anyone know when they'll be publicly available? Looks like a nice companion for a hot Cloud!

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I could see the shorter cord being a nice feature, for some...however, if it weren't a regulations thing, I'm sure many folks would just as soon have the old school long cord. Chad brings up some good points when it comes to the detachable cord,
and I for one would fall in love with this vape all over again (still in love anyhow) if it had a detachable cord! I would heat it up, and detach the cord to vape in other places, etc...As well as the benefits of packing/transporting/overall cable maintenance.

I completely agree with this. Every other piece of electronics I own that is worth a damn have a detachable plug, and receptacles cost cents in bulk. It would be a massive convenience and would certainly cut down on cord related warranty issues.

Koop

4 straight days of waiting by the window only to see the mailman drive past my house. getting a little bit impatient now. why is usps tracking so terrible? tracking should be updated especially when they expect to get a signature out of you. how do you know if you're supposed to be home to sign for it when you don't even know when it will come? does priority mail from PA to CA usually take over a week? google says it should take only 2-3 business days.

Koop,

brewer

Here you go brewer :D... Serious cooling action!

plq0.jpg
Ah.... Missed this!!! ha!

And can't wait for the Cloud Plus to return, so there can round two of comparisons between it and the original!!!

brewer,

hookedonvape

Just got my cloud with hydra circ 2.0. Anyone with multi hydratubes let me know if the swagger tubes are thicker, wider, or blown better than the evolvers? Couldn't be happier with performance but was wondering since these are manufactured in small batches do they tend to have imperfections, like paint nicked or the inner metal body not completely aligned together. Guess I should be more worried about performance, but that is not an issue. I was initially shocked at how little reststance coming from a solo.lol. definitely a wicked buy. Just for the money you want perfextion, I think this is as close as it gets. Just the fact you pretty much can milk hits with no resistance til you turn blue is amazing. This thing does WORK. Also can anyone confirm if the swagger has the newer guard at the bottom to prevent water from going back down the cloud. My circ has two slits instead of a straight bore, seems like more vape condenses on this. Does anybody do anything to add
resistance or will this increase heat?

What up vapeNstone? Finally in the club.lol. now time to collect glass. Anyone have suggestions? New ht's or something else?

CutePanda

Has anyone used or seen the Cloud used with a

14mm M to 18mm F adapter on a Toro Double Micro? Wondering if I am going to need a 45 to 90 adapter.

CutePanda,

Bon Dog

Has anyone used or seen the Cloud used with a

14mm M to 18mm F adapter on a Toro Double Micro? Wondering if I am going to need a 45 to 90 adapter.
Edit: dang I hate posting on my phone lol.
I have been wondering how the cloud will operate paired with my GBD nested s-cap. It is also 14.4mm DI

Bon Dog,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Wow these ELB's are waaaay better than the originals. They looked constructed way better and go in and out way easier.

Could someone help me out with a aquiring a single ELB and lid to experiment with my Extreme Q? Maybe an old manky one or something? I won't even be able to order a cloud 'til 4/20, and it'll probably be a couple months before one's is in my hands, at which point I won't really care about experimenting with the Q anymore.

I'm thinking super elbow pack! I have a shorter 18 female to 18 female adapter coming to replace the cyclone bowl and bring my elbow closer to the heater, and I think it'd benefit from a deeper bowl. May fill the small gap between heater exhaust and ELB screen with glass beads for head diffusion too, but I think taking the venturi out of the cyclone bowl design should reduce a lot of the hot-spotting effect.

I will totally publish my results here for peer review. :p

Anonymouse,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
4 straight days of waiting by the window only to see the mailman drive past my house. getting a little bit impatient now. why is usps tracking so terrible? tracking should be updated especially when they expect to get a signature out of you. how do you know if you're supposed to be home to sign for it when you don't even know when it will come? does priority mail from PA to CA usually take over a week? google says it should take only 2-3 business days.

USPS tracking is not consistent, and all that is guaranteed is delivery confirmation. I've had occasions where the tracking was not updated until the package was delivered, others where the tracking began same day as shipment, others where I was referred to the UPS site as UPS is sometimes used as a subcontractor for the USPS. Got a complaint, call the union. :shrug:

oldiebutgoodie,
Just got my cloud with hydra circ 2.0. Anyone with multi hydratubes let me know if the swagger tubes are thicker, wider, or blown better than the evolvers? Couldn't be happier with performance but was wondering since these are manufactured in small batches do they tend to have imperfections, like paint nicked or the inner metal body not completely aligned together. Guess I should be more worried about performance, but that is not an issue. I was initially shocked at how little reststance coming from a solo.lol. definitely a wicked buy. Just for the money you want perfextion, I think this is as close as it gets. Just the fact you pretty much can milk hits with no resistance til you turn blue is amazing. This thing does WORK. Also can anyone confirm if the swagger has the newer guard at the bottom to prevent water from going back down the cloud. My circ has two slits instead of a straight bore, seems like more vape condenses on this. Does anybody do anything to add
resistance or will this increase heat?

What up vapeNstone? Finally in the club.lol. now time to collect glass. Anyone have suggestions? New ht's or something else?
It's about time!!! I couldn't answer the question's about the HT's because I have only owned the SGW and the VXC 2.0 tree. I believe this batch was hand made so that could be why you see a little more imperfections, but the performance should be out of this world. Wait till you try the two cap method with some kief or oil.

Could someone help me out with a aquiring a single ELB and lid to experiment with my Extreme Q? Maybe an old manky one or something? I won't even be able to order a cloud 'til 4/20, and it'll probably be a couple months before one's is in my hands, at which point I won't really care about experimenting with the Q anymore.

I'm thinking super elbow pack! I have a shorter 18 female to 18 female adapter coming to replace the cyclone bowl and bring my elbow closer to the heater, and I think it'd benefit from a deeper bowl. May fill the small gap between heater exhaust and ELB screen with glass beads for head diffusion too, but I think taking the venturi out of the cyclone bowl design should reduce a lot of the hot-spotting effect.

I will totally publish my results here for peer review. :p
The Q bowls are way bigger than an ELB. It wouldn't work. I know because I have tried to use a Q topper(the little bowl top) as a top for my ELB and it's too big.

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom