Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

MGG

I thought the cloud plus was supposed to take away any of our concerns about the cloud..
not enhance them.

MGG,
Reactions: Kief
The email for a cloud plus upgrade reads like a used car salesman once you know about all the problems. My old cloud worked fine and I don't want to spend money on an upgrade that is unreliable. People want something they can depend on and making false promises is lame.

purplek,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So a couple questions. I cannot tell if my cloud is a plus model or an older one. I ordered it from puffitup and got it a few days ago. Even at max, I cant seem to get dark abv. 12 o clock is very light wispy vapor, 3 o clock is slightly denser, and max gives me reasonably thick vapor, but it never gets too dark. Can anyone explain this?

From what I hear the cloud plus has a much shorter power cord. I got my cloud directly from VXC around Christmas time and mine is NOT a cloud plus. However - I fucking love my cloud - have had no issues at all - for me I stay around the 1 o'clock area with my typical weed. If I get something really fucking headie I start around noon and work my way up to about 3. I don't get super dark ABV but when I clean out my ELB's you can certainly see that my weed is totally spent. Nice even brown and completely dry as opposed to other vaporizers that may get darker but not really even.

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
So a couple questions. I cannot tell if my cloud is a plus model or an older one. I ordered it from puffitup and got it a few days ago. Even at max, I cant seem to get dark abv. 12 o clock is very light wispy vapor, 3 o clock is slightly denser, and max gives me reasonably thick vapor, but it never gets too dark. Can anyone explain this?
ive owned two, both NOT plus models

first one i had was JUST like yours, just thought this how clouds were... then i noticed my abv is IMPOSSIBLE to get dark.

second one i had got way hotter, was better cause i could extract better. and for errls too. both non ticking units.

Xchadb,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Why do they keep sending out Cloud Plus's when they are well aware they do not work properly? Seems like VapeXhale is ignoring the situation on these forums.

If you have information that shows they are shipping units that they know are not working, post it. Otherwise, don't imply that they are doing this.

I can assure you that VXL is not ignoring the situation. They could well be ignoring this forum and I for one would not blame them.

420Tom

The Cloud Plus is awesome. Everyone needs to relax a bit.

I have two Clouds. I broke the bamboo on my old ticker about 4 months ago. I was going to try to save for a new Cloud...but after less than a week without a Cloud, I just broke down and bought a new one (everyone got a lot less this last Christmas). Two months later, that Cloud craps out on me and I send it in for repair. While it was being repaired, I was offered the upgrade package with the additional warranty, and I took them up on it. I have gotten that Cloud back, upgraded and working like a champ. Previously, I was on 1 o'clock with tasty vapor or 2-3 o'clock for a less tasty 1 or 2 hitter. Since I've gotten it upgraded, the I set it on 10-11 o'clock for tasty vapor and 12 noon for a 1 or 2 hitter. I liked my Cloud before. I like my Cloud Plus even more.

In the meantime, I inquired if my old ticker could now be repaired, since they could now replace the bamboo. They said yes and I sent it in. I was supposed to receive it last week, when I received an email explaining their problem with a batch programmed incorrectly. Personally, I would rather have my Cloud programmed correctly and am willing to wait for it--but it's easy for me to wait, since I have fully functioning Cloud Plus

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
The Cloud Plus is awesome. Everyone needs to relax a bit.

I have two Clouds. I broke the bamboo on my old ticker about 4 months ago. I was going to try to save for a new Cloud...but after less than a week without a Cloud, I just broke down and bought a new one (everyone got a lot less this last Christmas). Two months later, that Cloud craps out on me and I send it in for repair. While it was being repaired, I was offered the upgrade package with the additional warranty, and I took them up on it. I have gotten that Cloud back, upgraded and working like a champ. Previously, I was on 1 o'clock with tasty vapor or 2-3 o'clock for a less tasty 1 or 2 hitter. Since I've gotten it upgraded, the I set it on 10-11 o'clock for tasty vapor and 12 noon for a 1 or 2 hitter. I liked my Cloud before. I like my Cloud Plus even more.

In the meantime, I inquired if my old ticker could now be repaired, since they could now replace the bamboo. They said yes and I sent it in. I was supposed to receive it last week, when I received an email explaining their problem with a batch programmed incorrectly. Personally, I would rather have my Cloud programmed correctly and am willing to wait for it--but it's easy for me to wait, since I have fully functioning Cloud Plus

That's like having having a pocket with a spare pocket in it! :clap:

Sakic

If you have information that shows they are shipping units that they know are not working, post it. Otherwise, don't imply that they are doing this.

I can assure you that VXL is not ignoring the situation. They could well be ignoring this forum and I for one would not blame them.

I'm sorry I was just referring to what ernie said yesterday about talking to Vapexhale and being told that, "they are having an issue with all cloud plus models because units are not receiving the proper information from the motherboard."

So it just seemed to me by the several complaints about the Plus that they are not working correctly. However, it is great to hear from someone whose is working properly.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm sorry I was just referring to what ernie said yesterday about talking to Vapexhale and being told that, "they are having an issue with all cloud plus models because units are not receiving the proper information from the motherboard."

So it just seemed to me by the countless complaints about the Plus that they are not working correctly. However, it is great to hear from someone whose is working properly.

Fine, but I hope you see how your conclusion that they are knowingly shipping units that don't work was not warranted. Here's our rule:
  • Do not state opinion as fact. We don’t want to spread misinformation.
Posts like yours are how rumours get started. Bad rumours. We really don't want FC to be the source of bad rumours.

Sakic

I agree, I should not have posted my conclusion as fact and will delete my post.

On another note, I look forward to buying a cloud within the next few weeks!

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer

I believe two key indicators of owning a Cloud Plus are:

1. Shorter heat up time. The green light comes on after 3 - 4 minutes rather than 9 - 15 minutes.

2. The auto shutoff is now 90 minutes rather than 60 minutes.

I should have mine shortly after the latest issues are ironed out.

VapeArts,
Reactions: ernie

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
For shits and giggles I tried to toast a full session on the cloud with some LSD at 3 o'clock plus. Here's my conclusion -

you guys are fucking nuts, I must be getting old! I coughed so hard I beleive I may have stained my drawers. That was completely insane!

Excuse me - Im going to eat about a dozen donuts....:freak:

JJd2sc

Do they make ash catchers that have their entry point from the bottom like a hydratube? If so, what are these things called? Words and google have failed me.

JJd2sc,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Do they make ash catchers that have their entry point from the bottom like a hydratube? If so, what are these things called? Words and google have failed me.
hydratube is custom for this I thought?

Quetzalcoatl,

JJd2sc

so you're saying they don't exist? the more i thought about it the more i figured that is probably what is special about hydratubes. it would be pretty neat to have attachments that functional similarly!

JJd2sc,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hold on, I'm not quite sure if I'm getting what you're asking. You mean an ashcatcher to attach to a waterpipe, that has the joint on the bottom like the Clould HydraTube?

Any glassblower can make the HydraTubes but not a lot of people do because the demand isn't really there yet. How many pieces are going to functionally utilize the design? There's I think 3-5 other vaporizer companies that have some sort of similar glass water cooling piece, glassblowers might take custom orders and make one for you...

In any case an ashcatcher with this at the bottom would be hard to hit. The bowl would have to be below the joint by nature. With vaporizers this is easy.

Quetzalcoatl,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
What are you trying to accomplish?
If you're just trying to add a 2nd chamber to your hydratube setup, then a VXH hydratube 2.0 would be perfect, since they have removable mouthpieces, you can just sub in your original hydratube for the mouthpiece.

If you're trying to do so etching else, :shrug:

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
It's gonna be a cloudy afternoon for someone :tup:

YES.. it was. Let me tell you. I was so far gone. I am EXTREMLY impressed with the performance of this vape. It blows everything else I have out of the water.. easily.

At 12 I got blue colored vapor, decently thick. ABV comes out light brown.
At 3 I got white vapor, VERY thick, cough inducing, strobe effect trip. ABV comes out darker but no burn.

From my perspective that's perfect. I would have posted this last night (and I tried) but I was literally overwhelmed with the effects. I did 4 elbs and I litereally just passed out. AMAZING DEVICE. I'm going to buy another one today just to have a second one, its that good.

EDIT: Oh yeah I also timed the heat up time. At the 12 position it took just under 6 mins. At the 3 position it took a tad over 8 mins.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
YES.. it was. Let me tell you. I was so far gone. I am EXTREMLY impressed with the performance of this vape. It blows everything else I have out of the water.. easily.

At 12 I got blue colored vapor, decently thick. ABV comes out light brown.
At 3 I got white vapor, VERY thick, cough inducing, strobe effect trip. ABV comes out darker but no burn.

From my perspective that's perfect. I would have posted this last night (and I tried) but I was literally overwhelmed with the effects. I did 4 elbs and I litereally just passed out. AMAZING DEVICE. I'm going to buy another one today just to have a second one, its that good.

I assume you have the cloud plus. How long was your warm-up?

VaporEyes,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
He says it in the bottom of his post - 6 mins for noon.

Really happy to see your enjoying the cloud!

Oops, must have glanced right over it. I am most certainly loving my cloud. It makes itself very hard to hate. :luv:

VaporEyes,
Reactions: mvapes

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
I want to bubble about it like a high school girl.. I just cannot believe that I deprived myself for this feeling for so long.

IIIQBIII,
Reactions: ernie

Well they're not exactly like a HydraTube but were around way before them...the 2012BC top hat percs that are part of his Lego-style bubblers. I can't believe NO ONE on FC talks about BC glass (except the guy with one for sell in the Classifieds), it's some of the best glass I've seen besides SG and Mobius. I'm saving up to buy one of his Top Hat percs so I can have a HT-like piece with gridded diffusion. Just gotta add a female-to-female adapter and a BC bubbler mouthpiece (it's cheaper than non-gridded HTs too, it just can't stand by itself). Here's a pic of it...

Just substitute the bubbler for the Cloud and now you have a gridded water piece above your Cloud not called a HT. ;)

huvikseni

So I was about to buy a Cloud after reading all the good things about them, but they're sold out. Anyone know how long they're usually out of stock for?

huvikseni,
Top Bottom