Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
One of the local glass shops does this. If you bring your broken piece in, you get a discount on a replacement. They still make money, and you don't feel like you completely lost out. Maybe VXH would consider something like this with out of warranty units? It would incline some to send in for replacement, instead of just giving up.

Just a thought. I'd buy a replacement anyway. I think it is normal and fair to have a 1 year warranty.

Edit: When you think about it, this is a potential follow up sale for every unit that goes out of warranty from a 3rd party vendor... they'd ALL need to come back directly to VXH for their replacement units. You have better margin on retail units; it could be a fair amount of business.

Sorry - I don't mean to stick my nose in your business guys.

GReYAReA,

Spiritwalker

Greyarea, you think it's normal and fair to buy a $300+ vaporizer and being out all that money after a year? Let's face it, there is no proven longevity whatsoever, but I guess that's the price of admission.

A broken cloud out of warranty seems like such a waste. I mean if it was worth even $50 just to offset shipping costs.

Spiritwalker,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
I always try to look at these things from both sides; fair to customer and fair to the business. A year is a common warranty on something electronic. I'm happy with it. At some point you have to draw a line. Otherwise, VXH would need to build these long term maintenance costs into the price. These costs can be steep. Remember, you're off the production line now. Even at a low service rate, it could eat up quite a bit of resources. Of course, I really don't know the costs involved in making/servicing one.

I do think some discount for a returned OOW Cloud would be a good business idea, but that's just my outside opinion.

Spiritwalker

I agree grey, forsure...they have a business to run. Hopefully not very many Clouds just stop working. I also realized if i pay for the cloud with my CC, I have extended warranty protection, so should have 2 years total. Here's the thing though, I believe they require the item to either get "fixed" and they will pay for the repair, but maybe if VXL writes a statement saying the repair cost is $300 (cost of a new cloud let's say), they will basically cover the new cloud.

Extended warranty protection on CC.... totally forgot! lol

Spiritwalker,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
My 3rd Cloud(It was the 2nd replacement of 3 so far), died a similiar death. I was using it , went outside and cut my grass, came in to "re-hydrate" with my Cloud, and it was in stand-by mode. Upon turning it off and back on, it lit up red but never went green or heated again.
I also wonder if my 4th Clouds' warranty is from my original purchase date or from when I received the replacement. I would be hard pressed to buy another Cloud if this one dies shortly after one year.

Silver420Surfer,

Spiritwalker

That's all i'm saying... and until I confirm I can get a 2nd year warranty through my CC, I won't be picking one of these up anytime soon. WAY to risk IMHO, especially based on your experiences....FOUR Clouds??

How much did you lose all in shipping?

The good news is that i've read many earlier beta testers have been enjoying their units for 1-2+ years? So if it really is a defect rate of 1-2% then no problem. Overall the defects have seemed minimal save for the earlier QC problems.

Spiritwalker,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
That's all i'm saying... and until I confirm I can get a 2nd year warranty through my CC, I won't be picking one of these up anytime soon. WAY to risk IMHO, especially based on your experiences....FOUR Clouds??

How much did you lose all in shipping?

The good news is that i've read many earlier beta testers have been enjoying their units for 1-2+ years? So if it really is a defect rate of 1-2% then no problem. Overall the defects have seemed minimal save for the earlier QC problems.

2-day USPS priority cost me like 11-12$ with tracking, I believe. I appreciate the ELBs given to offset. I think I am up to 18, which should be good for awhile :). I'll hope for the best at this point regarding longevity. It does seem like a waste from an environmentally conscious standpoint to just throw them away if they die outside of warranty.

Silver420Surfer,

yammy1688

nm it just took a looong time. like 20 min.

Anyone got a unit that doesn't go green? It just flickers to green when I turn the dial and then back to red again :\

yammy1688,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner

Anyone got a unit that doesn't go green? It just flickers to green when I turn the dial and then back to red again :\

Mine won't get green...only rarely...after a while at noon or at 9 after 15-20 mins
but that's a FW bug right?
Should clicking ever stop?

m0sh,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I am not sure how the hydratube-like product Purplek showed impacts patent issues.

However, I think that it is nice to be able to not just be limited to using the hydratubes with the cloud.

I imagine that more versatility would equate to more sales.

To all of those in the clouds (and all of those still yearning to be), toke it easy. :cool:

MacRadish

Mine won't get green...only rarely...after a while at noon or at 9 after 15-20 mins
but that's a FW bug right?
Should clicking ever stop?
I'm having the same problem. It doesn't wanna go green :(~~~

From 6/30, partial quote:

if you ignore the lights and let the unit heat up for 10 min initially at the lowest setting, you should get really good vapor. From there, as you dial up the heat, let the unit heat up for 1 min and it should reach the next temp setting. If your unit unit functions fine with this methodology, most likely you simply have a light issue.

When the new algorithm is ready, we will fix all the firmware and throw in some goodies for the inconvenience. Once again, I apologize for the less than stellar VXC experience but we will make sure your next experience is top notch.

MacRadish,

mrandoms

Woooooo package just got here and my hydracirc is smashed to shit. DHL is seriously the worst carrier. i Have had 3 shipments from them in the past year. This would be the 2nd of 3 that was damaged.

mrandoms,

Troi

Woooooo package just got here and my hydracirc is smashed to shit. DHL is seriously the worst carrier. i Have had 3 shipments from them in the past year. This would be the 2nd of 3 that was damaged.

Vapexhale does not ship using DHL. IF you feel this came form us, please clarify, if not then we are assuming this was a side purchase the classified section.

Troi,

mrandoms

Vapexhale does not ship using DHL. IF you feel this came form us, please clarify, if not then we are assuming this was a side purchase the classified section.

i purchased direct from your website. It came via usps but on one of the packaging slips it has dhl express label on it? when i saw the box i asked the post man "what the f*** happened to the box". He said it was dhl's fault.....

mrandoms,
I ordered last friday and I'm waiting on my tracking number. Very excited ( to say the least) to join everyone in the clouds.

Undeadhelghast,

skyline

Just emptied the iso out and dried the inside of my Cloud with the pump from my Herbalaire and now the inside is sparkling clean. :)

skyline,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was just wondering if debris gets sucked up inside the tube from under the Cloud when in use... I try to keep the under surface clear, but with grinding bud, you know little bits get away from you pretty easy. I also noticed a few crumbs falling into the top tube when loading the ELB, I am guessing that this Iso method is a good way to clean your glass tube once in a while, or is this only if absolutely necessary?

jambandphan03,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok, well guys, I got my USPS package today :-). First, they just left it in front of my door. Thank God no one messed with it. Secondly, I don't know why but it's a lot smaller than I anticipated. But I like that. :-). Ok, well, been a vaping using for 6 days now (I know, I'm a veteran), this machine is ridiculous. I mean, like, seriously ridiculous. Awesome. Incredible. Beautiful. I don't know, think of every adjective, and that's the way I feel. I'm worried about the fragility of the ELB bowl socket / GonG joint. It was a bit tough to get my elb in, and I don't think I can get it out. Luckily, I can still pack the herbs like that? (I hope. If anyone advises against that let me know). Also, any tips to remove the ELB without destroying that glass beauty top of the VXC?

Ok, as far as function, well I liked that the Extreme Q made my sessions last an hour out of .2. I go up to 230 degrees C on the EQ. Well, now, let's take the Cloud (btw, every minute that is going by, I am higher and higher). I used the same amount. The same strain. It took let's say 5 - 10 minutes to use that instead of my hour with the Vapor Whip. So I hope I don't start using more since this is quicker. However, I am quite messed up right now. Medicated. Beyond belief. Insane. Edit: Oh, what I wanted to say was, my ABV at 12 noon was way darker than the EQ at 230 C. :-). But at least now I know I got most of the CBDs. I feel great :-).

This thing is quite the work of art, and I think I don't need any more vapes (right now, LMFAO). Between the Extreme Q which lets me have long drawn out sessions, or the fucking KO punch that the Cloud delivers, I think I can affirmatively say, I love vaping, and... Fuck Combustion!

Thank you VXC guys, stand up job. Ordered Thursday Night, USPS Priority Mail, all the way from California to the East Coast somewhere ;-), and it came today.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I was just wondering if debris gets sucked up inside the tube from under the Cloud when in use... I try to keep the under surface clear, but with grinding bud, you know little bits get away from you pretty easy. I also noticed a few crumbs falling into the top tube when loading the ELB, I am guessing that this Iso method is a good way to clean your glass tube once in a while, or is this only if absolutely necessary?
I would just do an ISO soaked cue tip or rolled up paper towel or pipe cleaner or something ... should more than do the job for most situations as it doesn't get that dirty (at least mine doesn't so far :))

JCat,

MacRadish

It came via usps but on one of the packaging slips it has dhl express label on it?

Interesting read from a DHL VP:

"USPS proposed that private express carriers collect parcels from high-volume shippers — such as mail order houses, catalogues and Internet retailers — and deliver the packages as deep into the postal stream as possible. The carrier would pick up the parcels at origin, sort and deliver them to the local Post Offices, known as "Destination Delivery Units," or DDUs. From there, USPS could use its unmatched "last-mile" delivery network connecting 27,556 Post Offices to every home in the U.S."

http://postcom.org/public/articles/2004articles/USPS.Partner.with.DHL.htm

MacRadish,

mrandoms

Interesting read from a DHL VP:

"USPS proposed that private express carriers collect parcels from high-volume shippers — such as mail order houses, catalogues and Internet retailers — and deliver the packages as deep into the postal stream as possible. The carrier would pick up the parcels at origin, sort and deliver them to the local Post Offices, known as "Destination Delivery Units," or DDUs. From there, USPS could use its unmatched "last-mile" delivery network connecting 27,556 Post Offices to every home in the U.S."

http://postcom.org/public/articles/2004articles/USPS.Partner.with.DHL.htm

Yeah i am familiar with other companies doing this as well. I wonder if they opt into it, or usps just does it as they want. I have had close to 1000 packages in my lifetime from usps and not one has arrived broken or damaged. Like i said before i have had 3 dhl shipments this year, and 2 of 3 have arrived damage. I would never ship dhl if i had another option.

mrandoms,
Top Bottom