Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Just received my e-mail this morning and was quick to place the order.

I was just thinking about checking into this thread right before I checked my messages; quite a coincidence!

googlegrid,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Can anybody tell me offhand how long it would take to get to me in the SF Bay area? I'm going on vacation first week in July so I wouldn't be around to receive it then. Wouldn't want to have to ask the curious neighbor to watch for it.

Now to start catching up on these threads.

UPS "standard" is 3-5 business days. If it ships Monday, there is a very good chance it will arrive by Friday. If it might not ship until Tues or Wed, you may need to kick for "2-day" to be sure you get it Friday.

Re catching up: Knock yourself out. :whoa: A helluva lot of info, most very useful, some not so much or even less. The preceding thread has useful info too, but IMO may not be worth all the time reqd to slog thru it.

Welcome to the Clouds. :)

oldiebutgoodie,

nowonknows

I just received my invite to order, but I am an international customer.
I still want to order one now, but don't know how to go about it.
I tried to email SM55, but my emails bounce, has his email changed since Feb?
I don't care about warinty, I was able to email Phil without it bouncing, here's hoping something can be worked out, I don't care what it cost, I want my turn with the cloud!

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Got my email today. I had forgotten all about it. What a pleasant surprise.

Can anybody tell me offhand how long it would take to get to me in the SF Bay area? I'm going on vacation first week in July so I wouldn't be around to receive it then. Wouldn't want to have to ask the curious neighbor to watch for it.

EDIT: Pre-order date: 6/16/2011

I would not bother with anything other than basic shipping if you live in the SF Bay Area as you will most liikely receive it the day after they ship it.

VapeArts,
Reactions: Sinclue

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I just received my invite to order, but I am an international customer.
I still want to order one now, but don't know how to go about it.
I tried to email SM55, but my emails bounce, has his email changed since Feb?
I don't care about warinty, I was able to email Phil without it bouncing, here's hoping something can be worked out, I don't care what it cost, I want my turn with the cloud!

Sure we all want our clouds, I also in the same situation as you ... but I think that VXC want to deliver you what they promised and unfortunately in order to get the best product we have to wait but it will be for the best.

m0sh,

nowonknows

Sure we all want our clouds, I also in the same situation as you ... but I think that VXC want to deliver you what they promised and unfortunately in order to get the best product we have to wait but it will be for the best.

Yes, I am aware some people have had problems using the cloud with a 220v to 110v inverter,
But is anyone successfully doing so? If so I'd be keen to chance it. If anyone has had one working on an inverter please speak up. I don't expect warranty, would only ask the unit be tested prior to shipping. And if no one has gotten it to work, I'll still take one. 220vac to 12vdc 500watt power supply, 12vdc to 110vac 60hz 200watt inverter. I'll make it work, if no one is getting them to work on an inverter it can only be frequancy related, but I can make a super inefficient solution lol.

nowonknows,

m0sh

Yes, I am aware some people have had problems using the cloud with a 220v to 110v inverter,
But is anyone successfully doing so? If so I'd be keen to chance it. If anyone has had one working on an inverter please speak up. I don't expect warranty, would only ask the unit be tested prior to shipping. And if no one has gotten it to work, I'll still take one. 220vac to 12vdc 500watt power supply, 12vdc to 110vac 60hz 200watt inverter. I'll make it work, if no one is getting them to work on an inverter it can only be frequancy related, but I can make a super inefficient solution lol.

Don't you think people thought about this (including me) there are obvious problems regrading the usage of a power adapter...while there shouldn't be theoretically - there is and the VXC have made it clear that they are working on a version for us...why spoil the wait and be satisfied with an unstable cloud?

m0sh,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
nowonknows: Your posts sound a bit like you would be happy even with broken unit without warranty, lol. You will get the warranty, even if you don't want it :D. But if I were you (and I am EU customer, just not got an e-mail yet) I would wait for the 220V model. You would enjoy that much more. Going through 2 more devices- it's just risky to damage it and way more hassle to connect the setup. Really, The VXC is one-piece vape with simple one-piece bowl and one-piece cooler-perc-mouthpiece. Adding 2 another electronics to it just make it twice as complex to setup or carry around.

Seek,
Reactions: m0sh

nowonknows

nowonknows: Your posts sound a bit like you would be happy even with broken unit without warranty, lol. You will get the warranty, even if you don't want it :D. But if I were you (and I am EU customer, just not got an e-mail yet) I would wait for the 220V model. You would enjoy that much more. Going through 2 more devices- it's just risky to damage it and way more hassle to connect the setup. Really, The VXC is one-piece vape with simple one-piece bowl and one-piece cooler-perc-mouthpiece. Adding 2 another electronics to it just make it twice as complex to setup or carry around.
lol, I'll up the output and even throw in a few ups's, I can make it work. Yes I agree no inverters would be the go, when an international version is available I'll be getting one, but I'm still keen to try my luck in the mean time seeing as my turn has come up. There is no word on an international version, the US model is still going through the pre order list, hasn't become available for all yet, so I think the wait could be a long one, given all this, I don't mind paying twice.

nowonknows,

m0sh

^^^ well then get a friend who lives in the states and have him mail it to you I guess...hope it will be worth it mate.

m0sh,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
My power was down all day yesterday. I can report the cloud works fine with both a Honda inverter generator and also a Schumacher 140 watt inverter.

elmomuzz,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Great to see more people getting their Clouds! I also can't wait for the store to open up with the goodies!

Tstat,

m0sh

Well...surely it should work...however we need to use a step down inverter and it works different when applying 220V to 110V - yes I asked around engneers and they said it shouldn't but if VXC claim otherwise -they know better.

m0sh,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Well...surely it should work...however we need to use a step down inverter and it works different when applying 220V to 110V - yes I asked around engneers and they said it shouldn't but if VXC claim otherwise -they know better.
We could use the exact same Schumacher 140W inverter as elmomuzz and work it from a 12V source.

Unless it's true that the laws of electricity really do apply differently once you leave the shores of North America.

WatTyler,

m0sh

We could use the exact same Schumacher 140W inverter as elmomuzz and work it from a 12V source.

Unless it's true that the laws of electricity really do apply differently once you leave the shores of North America.

So why there are problems then?

Don't get me wrong...I'm with you...

m0sh,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
Got my email today. I had forgotten all about it. What a pleasant surprise.

EDIT: Pre-order date: 6/16/2011
basic shipping is all you need. I live in south lake tahoe and I got mine at 10 am on the the day it was mailed. I had my unit before I got the tracking number enjoy:)

m0sh

So basically if I order my cloud to a friend of mine in NYC and if something happens and I send him the unit and he sends it to VXC and it gets back to NYC - then my warranty is still valid? can someone clarify from VXC can clarify this?

Thanks.

m0sh,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I'll run mine for an extended amount of time from the Schumacher today just to make sure you guys don't get screwed. I'll take the risk for you. :)

elmomuzz,

m0sh

^^ Thanks mate really appericate you along with other members here who are willing to do stuff for our...this is what we all about...

Regrading my question...I guess I could give up my pre-order for my friend at NYC?

m0sh,

locdb

"New" member here, although I've been following the Vapexhale Cloud production thread for a very long time - over a year! I've become very addicted actually and have been checking daily to see updates, photos, videos, etc.
Yesterday, I finally received my invite from Phil, but I guess I missed the discount deadline by a few hours... sigh... I waited too long, my own fault. I had plenty of opportunities to reserve, but my procrastination got the best of me.
Sadly, I recently took a huge paycut (~75% cut in pay) and can't afford to be making any purchases, whether it is $350 or $450 is just too much for me to be spending right now. I'm not sure if my company will be laying people off or what the next step may be.
Hopefully, in a few months or so, things will pick back up, or I find a new job and can afford to be floating in the Cloud(s)... :)

locdb,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So basically if I order my cloud to a friend of mine in NYC and if something happens and I send him the unit and he sends it to VXC and it gets back to NYC - then my warranty is still valid?
I can help a little in this regard. If VXC chooses, at this time, not to sell to Europe and will not warranty items used there, this has implications for what you are attempting. First, this will be what is called a "straw purchase" and will void any warranty, express or implied, between you and the manufacturer. So effectively you would have no rights in this regard. Also, using someone in the states to surreptitiously obtain warranty service from VXL, that you wouldn't normally have received, is what we call "fraud", another legal term. :peace:

t-dub,
Reactions: poonman
Top Bottom