Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Jimjim

In this particular instance, v4l keeps bringing up the same issues over and over again, and he doesn't even own the product! If VXL doesn't want to business with him (and that is me putting words in their mouth, they never said that), they don't have to. And if v4l continues to come in here and bring up the same issues after being asked not to do so, then I'm pretty sure we would oblige the manufacturer.

Oblige the manufacturer in removing V4L from FC or FC passing V4L's information over to VXC?

Jimjim,

sunsett70

why dont we just chill and let the Mods handle it, if they see any need. they have the final say end of the day, not us or the manufacturer and i'm sure they are well aware of the current situation.

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
v4l's information is all second hand. He is not part of the company so he has no info besides what he reads here. What gets me that he continually beats a dead horse.

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
V4L's posts are his opinion. That said, since they are based solely on 2nd and 3rd hand data sources they are groundless. More importantly (and as has been pointed out by others) they are repetitive and counterproductive.

From a legal point of view they could be considered libelous (slander is a spoken affront, libel is when you do so in print). That said, I doubt SM and the VXL crew would pursue that angle - it doesn't strike me as their style. Not to spill the beans on my day job but trust me on this one.

I'm just bummed the forum has taken this turn. In the words of Rodney King: can't we all just get along?

:peace:

Stonebreaker6,
Reactions: t00fatt

sunsett70

can you guys stop doing this :horse::horse::horse:
and start doing this :spliff::bigleaf::lol:
yeah, man. for a site that promotes vaping (usually of the good 'erb' variety), some people here are suprisingly argumentative. this ding-dong ding-dong ding-dong thing is getting annoying. get a ping pong table, will ya??!!! gimme a second here...... ssssssssssssshhhhhhhsssssss, .......... hhhhhhhhhhhh, that's much better :love:

Pappy

shmaporist
Fooling around with my new Cloud the last day and a half I must say I'm impressed. The VXL crew made great strides with the unit as a result of the beta test that reflect in the polish of the finished product.

Subjectively, this morning at least, I feel like this vape gets me noticeably higher than a EQV or DBV using the same amount of herb. The hits taste cleaner and are easier to draw than any vape I've used. Because it uses fewer working parts, it's also easier to clean and less costly to maintain.

There's been a lot of discussion in this thread about about hot running versus cool running VXC units. The first thing I noticed out of the box is this vape runs noticeably cooler than my beta unit. Following the instruction manual and preheating to 12 noon I must admit I wasn't pleased with the results -- wispy hits and blonde ABV. SM and I discussed it on the phone and he suggested I dial my unit up to 5, the max. This produced the milky hits, great taste, and brown ABV I love. For comparison, I estimate this unit's 5:00 equates to my beta unit's 3:00, which was the setting I used.

I am slightly concerned that I have to max out the unit to achieve my minimum satisfaction requirement and that there's no headroom for herb that may require more heat. But I don't care ATM because I just blew 6 milky clouds on .3 gr of Larry OG and I'm fucking shit-faced.

I'm sure Apple could make louder headphones. SM says the units are calibrated to achieve a balance of performance, durability, and safety, which seems like an intelligent compromise to me. Time will tell.

I couldn't be happier with my Hydratube and consider myself lucky to have gotten one. What a hunk of glorious glass! Purrs like a Porsche! Although the tree was manufactured by SG, Sovereignty Steve has requested it not be referred to as that because the HT wasn't assembled per his instructions. I understand his position and will honor it by calling my tube THTFKASG from this point on.

Have a good week!
:bigleaf:
6983004160_4222ce5249_z.jpg

max

Out to lunch
why dont we just chill and let the Mods handle it, if they see any need. they have the final say end of the day, not us or the manufacturer and i'm sure they are well aware of the current situation.
Good point. When responses are made to posts that are out of line, they're often no more appreciated than the posts they're aimed at, and we, as staff, certainly don't appreciate what amounts to vigilante action. Ignoring attention seekers is usually the best approach, and when in doubt, use the report button. Stick to the thread topic and if any personal comments are offered, they should be made in fun, and not related to any perceived bad behvior/rules violations.

Venomous

I'd rather have the cloud team take their time and work it out, then rush assembly to meet demand. Face it, this unit is in demand and is one of the most badass vapors I've seen on the market.

Owners and prospective customers will always have concerns. Forums are a great place to promote and seek opinions on product. It's also another place for the sky is falling syndrome to wreak havoc when a few isolated incidents are discussed. One year warranty's are standard on a lot of products. When you see longer warranties offered, it's done after years of data compiled on return units. I think if the cloud has a low track record of defective units, they could offer a longer warranty down the road if they feel compelled to do so.

In the end, it's still a business and a new one at that. You can't offer longer warranties of two or three years as a startup. With so many variables to take into consideration and the fact a lot of people aren't honest when it comes to warranty issues, how can you expect them to?

mephisto

Glad to see we are all back on an even keel. Keep those reviews coming Cloud
owners.... I admit to a case of "sour grapes" because I got a e-mail to order and
then there was no stock to order from. That has passed and I patiently await my next
shot at a purchase....Thanks VXL and SM55.

mephisto,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
And of course, you always have the saying, "If you don't like it, don't look at it, don't talk about it, don't even care about buying it, and let the others enjoy it or at least try it" :)

Zangano Cruel,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . Also OBG thanks so much for linking me to that post of yours. Good information!

You're welcome. Here's the additional measurements I said I'd take with the unit set full bore. Ambient 77F (2 above last tests), Fahrenheit. I again took readings at ~15 minutes and at 1+hr, with fresh .5 bowl inserted @~3 minutes (after the 15), then after taking 1 deep rip (omigod what a cloud - I need to hurry with this post), then replaced the ELB loaded with light ABV and letting that cook a while to approximate the herb at end-of-session. Readings are averages within +/- 2F. Casings were measured in the area close and around the screws. Readings (in each pair the first number is the 15 minute, second is the 1+ hour):

Bottom casing, right = ~112-121 (@noon = ~105-115)
Bottom casing, left = ~115-123
Top Casing, right = ~118-125 (@noon = ~110-120)
Top casing, left = ~123-128

Screws are consistently 2-1 hotter at all readings

Previously @noon the joint ranged from ~180-200. As I mentioned before, there was a lot of oscillation in the readings. While the curvature contributes to this, what I found was that there is a fascinating heat progression from the joint to the tip. At 15 minutes after green it was ~160-220 bottom to top and at >1hr it was ~180-240, the 160/180 being right at the joint.

ELB top cap, ~155-160 (@noon = 150)

ELB bottom, ~155-160 (@noon = ~130)

ELB ID, ~180-200 (@noon = ~150-160)

Herb, ~140-150 (@noon = ~135-140)

The ELB ID reading is probably high due to proximity to the hotter joint and the wire mesh.

I was surprised that the herb was only a bit hotter.

Whew!

arf777

No longer dogless
I'd rather have the cloud team take their time and work it out, then rush assembly to meet demand. Face it, this unit is in demand and is one of the most badass vapors I've seen on the market.

Owners and prospective customers will always have concerns. Forums are a great place to promote and seek opinions on product. It's also another place for the sky is falling syndrome to wreak havoc when a few isolated incidents are discussed. One year warranty's are standard on a lot of products. When you see longer warranties offered, it's done after years of data compiled on return units. I think if the cloud has a low track record of defective units, they could offer a longer warranty down the road if they feel compelled to do so.

In the end, it's still a business and a new one at that. You can't offer longer warranties of two or three years as a startup. With so many variables to take into consideration and the fact a lot of people aren't honest when it comes to warranty issues, how can you expect them to?

IMO, they did take their time and did not rush to meet demand. It sounds to me like the issues they've run into are the kind you only get when you ramp up to something closer to full production and crank out a larger number of units. Note that SM says the issues arose only AFTER PowerNerd stopped micromanaging production.

I'm speaking as someone who had to return a cool running unit and get a replacement, which I absolutely love. I've bought more expensive products from established companies that didn't work from the get-go where I had a much worse time getting taken care of - can think of two different computer companies I had that with off the top of my head.

DannyVi

IMO, they did take their time and did not rush to meet demand. It sounds to me like the issues they've run into are the kind you only get when you ramp up to something closer to full production and crank out a larger number of units. Note that SM says the issues arose only AFTER PowerNerd stopped micromanaging production.

I'm speaking as someone who had to return a cool running unit and get a replacement, which I absolutely love. I've bought more expensive products from established companies that didn't work from the get-go where I had a much worse time getting taken care of - can think of two different computer companies I had that with off the top of my head.
Dell? Haha they shipped a broken cpu and video card in a brand new xps once, but I bitched and got them upgraded.

Sucks when you have to return stuff but shit happens and most companies will help. Oh and going to the post office sucks.

DannyVi,

mephisto

@Troi any idea when new stock will be available?? I know last week was mentioned,
but I am still waiting for my re-re-order. Thanks for any response, (including 'shut up and
wait' ).....

mephisto,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thank you to everyone who has been doing their best to stay civil and keep this discussion on-topic. :tup: As said above, please report posts that you feel are breaking the forum rules.

The "Report" link is located at the bottom of each post.

Less flames, more clouds. :)

Beta unit 001 stil going strong!

f87V2.jpg

XNwG5.jpg

Troi

To Everyone that has been asking about a stock update. Unfortunately, we don't have a definitive stock update, as SM55 stated were curently evaluating all of our current inventory and are in a discovery process to workout out wrinkles with our manufacturer, once we have completed this we should be able to provide a more clear timeframe of when new inventory will be available.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated on FC, and I have a list of customers waiting to order I will be emailing out updates as well.

The entire VapeXhale team is working around the clock to get more clouds in the hands of everyone!

Top Bottom