Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

llamaman001

Anyone have a problem with loose ELBs? Ive been using the double cap method for kief and now when I use any of my ELB's normally NONE of the caps fit. I cleaned them all last night (5) and now they are all so loose I can only use my hydratube because if I turn the cloud upside down with a ELB in it, the cap just falls right out with all the bud, no resistance at all. If anyone can enlighten me as to how I can get them gripping again id appreciate it, or am I just screwed?

John Lewus

I don't know about everyone else but I would rather wait an extra few weeks for Vapexhale to get this right especially with their initial production process. I would hate for an initial batch of EVO's go out only to have to be recalled later. That would not be good for us and not good for Vapexhale. Every day they are not selling is a day they are not generating revenue for the company.

Anyone have a problem with loose ELBs? Ive been using the double cap method for kief and now when I use any of my ELB's normally NONE of the caps fit. I cleaned them all last night (5) and now they are all so loose I can only use my hydratube because if I turn the cloud upside down with a ELB in it, the cap just falls right out with all the bud, no resistance at all. If anyone can enlighten me as to how I can get them gripping again id appreciate it, or am I just screwed?

I have one loose cap. The double cap method is always going to squeeze one cap inwards and one cap outwards. It will always make the outer cap thinner as it squeezes it in and over time that will fall out of the ELB. Therefore I always use that one cap for the outer because it is already compromised. If you have been mixing and matching then that might loosen everything up over time. You could try bending one of the loose caps out. Good luck with that.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have one dedicated ELB cap for double cap sessions. It gets deformed in order to fit inside the other cap and therefore IMO is rendered useless for standard ELBs. So I guess my recommendation is to have a designated cap cap.

:peace:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

For those who didn't use one dedicated cap with the Two Cap method, there is a way to reform your now shrunken caps back to a more usable state! Lay the cap on a flat surface, table, etc, upside down...so that the rim is on the table. Take your pinky finger, or a sharpy marker (with cap on) and lightly push down in the center of the bottom of the ELB cap. This will cause the outter wall to get slightly larger again, and it should fit snuggly once again!

Dr. Plutonious

I'll be in my bunk.

gif-cat-jenga-435169.gif

PS I got something in the mail today in anticipation of the EVO.

7QnSh0B.jpg

7th Floor shipped it immediately the day I ordered it and it got here 2 days later. I was impressed with their speed. I actually like the black dots on it, and I don't mind that it says LSV.

I tested it real quick just inhaling air and it indeed was frosty cold.

I like that idea...might have to copy it :p

Dr. Plutonious,
Reactions: 11eleven11

11eleven11

Hah... I was just dicking around in Snagit editor and realized that if I put all the pieces that I've ordered together, this is what it'd look like.. (hydratube would be the fanatic straight tube w/ ice pinches though)

Operation Overkill: Goodbye flavor hello smooth hit.

(ashcatcher, to glycerin tube, to fritted bubbler, to fanatic double chamber straight tube w/ ice pinches)

UbYF0oz.png

I am unsure if that'd even work. The hydratube and the glycerin tube might be too fat to be next to each other. And the VXL EVO would probably be right in my face as I'm hitting it. Obviously both the hydratube and fritted bub will be used separately more often, but doing stupid stuff like this is on occasion is appealing to me.

11eleven11

I like that idea...might have to copy it :p

I don't think you'll regret it. On their site it says it's 20" of tubing, so there is plenty of time to get the vapor very cold. I've tested with just airflow and can confirm that it really does feel like cold winter air.

The inside tubing is approximately 20" long, and the diameter is even larger than our Fatty Vapor Tamer! This one has more glycerin, which in turn holds the coolness even longer. Place the vapor tamer in the freezer for at least a few hours, if not longer, and when not in use.
Link

I went with their 2 "random mouthpieces" deal for like 6 or 7 bucks I think, and they gave me 2 identical mouthpieces. :doh: Would have liked variety, but hey, it was a good deal anyway. Apologies dudes. I know this isn't a 7th Floor thread. But I do like talking about accessories to use with the VXL.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Thanks Purpl3_Haz3!!!!! That worked great, everything is back to how it was day 1
You're welcome! I totally should have included that little tip in the original Two Cap video, but I made that video long before running into this little issue that we all seem to have faced now :doh:
I had some loose ELBs what I did was used a pair of pliers did created a small indention in each top so they fit more snug and don't have to worry about anything falling out.
Great idea :tup:

@311...wow! That sure looks like it could rip some quite smooth hits!

Purpl3_Haz3,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So it was a failure just because you're not likely to get it by Halloween? The campaign was intended to benefit both the company and those who participated. They surpassed their goal and a lot of people got good deals. You've been here long enough to get used to postponed launch dates from VXL. Lighten up. :)

The October shipping date was what I was skeptical about. Since I let someone use my ticker for medical reasons, thats kind of a bummer for me. Again it was a GREAT deal, I love the company and the product still, but the advertised date was a failure. Almost always is for crowd funding. Not really a massive deal, just a frustration that comes with that kind of funding/purchase.

darkrom,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Hah... I was just dicking around in Snagit editor and realized that if I put all the pieces that I've ordered together, this is what it'd look like.. (hydratube would be the fanatic straight tube w/ ice pinches though)

Operation Overkill: Goodbye flavor hello smooth hit.

(ashcatcher, to glycerin tube, to fritted bubbler, to fanatic double chamber straight tube w/ ice pinches)

UbYF0oz.png

I am unsure if that'd even work. The hydratube and the glycerin tube might be too fat to be next to each other. And the VXL EVO would probably be right in my face as I'm hitting it. Obviously both the hydratube and fritted bub will be used separately more often, but doing stupid stuff like this is on occasion is appealing to me.

Two thoughts on this setup.

First, the resistance is going to collapse a lung on ya. Between the frit, the little ashcatcher, the 20" of narrow tubing that is the Saturn Tamer, the hydratube, and all the water, you are not going to enjoy pulling on that.

Second, you really want the vapor tamer to be the last thing the vapor hits. If you have it in the middle somewhere and the vapor is traveling back through water after the tamer, you lose all that chill to the vapor.

Personally, I would either lose the tamer altogether or put the tamer where the hydratube is and lose the hydratube altogether.

Trust me, that frit will smooth out your hit amazingly well. Add that tamer as your mouthpiece and you're going to be wondering if you are actually inhaling any vapor.

The tamer can be used by itself on the Cloud as well, I'm assuming. I just don't know exactly how long it will stay cold, but I bet the hits are delicious and nicely chilled for the first few pulls. You just need a female joint mouthpiece.

11eleven11

Two thoughts on this setup.

First, the resistance is going to collapse a lung on ya. Between the frit, the little ashcatcher, the 20" of narrow tubing that is the Saturn Tamer, the hydratube, and all the water, you are not going to enjoy pulling on that.

Second, you really want the vapor tamer to be the last thing the vapor hits. If you have it in the middle somewhere and the vapor is traveling back through water after the tamer, you lose all that chill to the vapor.

Personally, I would either lose the tamer altogether or put the tamer where the hydratube is and lose the hydratube altogether.

Trust me, that frit will smooth out your hit amazingly well. Add that tamer as your mouthpiece and you're going to be wondering if you are actually inhaling any vapor.

The tamer can be used by itself on the Cloud as well, I'm assuming. I just don't know exactly how long it will stay cold, but I bet the hits are delicious and nicely chilled for the first few pulls. You just need a female joint mouthpiece.

Yeah you're speaking my mind on this one. The above was just a funny combination of it all. It doesn't seem practical but I know I'm going to set it up like that just for fun at least once. I wouldn't fill the ash-catcher, I just bought it with everything else based solely on your specific preference you noted in the GBD thread -- to have it empty and catch particulate before it gets to the fritted area.

To be able to include everything as kind of a fun gimmick, you can't have the vapor tamer be the last thing (since open tube needs to be the last thing). You could get it a little closer, under the hydratube, but the problem with having the vapor tamer before the hydratube is it would get really stacked off-centered. You'd have to have someone holding it for you. So again, the combination of all of them would still be pretty much a shits'n'giggles blue moon joke setup. I honestly still am curious what the drag would be like and will try.

Here is what it'd look like with the cooling coil under the hydratube:

10.20.2013-17.19.png

:freak:

Yeah agreed, obviously their main functions are as glass units to themselves.

The VXL is male, and the glycerin tube has male and female, and the hydratube is female, so it'd work out. You're right - the sudden heat from the hydtratube below it wouldn't make it last as long as it would if the coil was functioning in the mouthpiece area.

Last edited:

Deadshort480

I've got that same ash catcher. I use it with the tiniest bit of water in it. I mean very, very little. It's there just to catch and hang onto particulate. Without water, the particulate is free to float around. That particular ash catcher can also be turned upside down and used as a mini perc. Pretty cool, actually.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: 11eleven11

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
The October shipping date was what I was skeptical about. Since I let someone use my ticker for medical reasons, thats kind of a bummer for me. Again it was a GREAT deal, I love the company and the product still, but the advertised date was a failure. Almost always is for crowd funding. Not really a massive deal, just a frustration that comes with that kind of funding/purchase.
I totally get the frustration, but when we were only given an ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE how the hell can we really be upset? I mean come on!

If we were asked to support this crowdfunding deal, with no ETA whatsoever, who would have put down anything?? They had to give something, and I'm sure they thought they could do it! Buuuuut, it looks like it's going to take slightly longer. I've been hearing november, and december, and both sound great when considering we were told
IndiGoGo campaign page said:
Estimated delivery: October 2013

I mean come on, who doesn't remember the years of wait for the OG Cloud, that kept getting revised, revised, revised, tested, etc. Do you really think anyone would have been very happy if the OG Cloud was any less reliable than it is?

I just don't get how we can be upset when they are only doing what we are asking...

:2c:

Edit* This aggression isn't posted towards you Darkrom, but rather towards all of us who have been less than quiet and patient throughout this whole process...myself included! :lol:

darkrom

Great Scott!
I really shouldn't have said anything because it is being taken in a way more negative than I mean.

I am disappointed, because I had hoped for october just like anyone else. I'm not angry or distraught or anything, and it is still such a good deal. I just miss having a cloud to use, and my expectations on delivery are not happening. Oh well. We will all live, all I'm saying is I can't wait, and of course its disappointing that they were not able to make the october goal, but I have no negative feeling other than anticipation.

I understand it happens, and I'm not faulting them. For the price I paid they can wait until January and its still a good deal, but can't a guy feel bummed out its not coming when expected?

way2

No "official" release date has been announced yet...all of the Nov. and Dec. talk is based on pure speculation. I'm thinking maybe we'll get a date this week or next (this is a complete GUESS on my part I have no direct knowledge).:2c:

As others have said I'd rather have it right than fast. So do your thing VXL team!! :tup:

Deadshort480

I really shouldn't have said anything because it is being taken in a way more negative than I mean.

I am disappointed, because I had hoped for october just like anyone else. I'm not angry or distraught or anything, and it is still such a good deal. I just miss having a cloud to use, and my expectations on delivery are not happening. Oh well. We will all live, all I'm saying is I can't wait, and of course its disappointing that they were not able to make the october goal, but I have no negative feeling other than anticipation.

I understand it happens, and I'm not faulting them. For the price I paid they can wait until January and its still a good deal, but can't a guy feel bummed out its not coming when expected?

I totally get where you're coming from, man. I think it was late August early September when I had posted that I would be happy with receiving the EVO by the new year. A few people responded in a manner of disbelief and even disdain. October release was something everyone was convinced of because of the built in "mulligans" in the timeline that were talked about. After that, I kind of just had the belief that October was a go because we were not led to believe anything different. When mid October Beta testing was announced part of me was like, "what happened to that October release?" And part of me was like "I knew October was too good to be true." Yeah, I want my EVO, but I always figured October was a bit too soon.

October is not over yet.

This is also true. I still doubt it though.

Last edited:

SnidelyWhiplash

I don't even believe it will be that much better... I mean my ticker leaves me wanting for nothing (other than a faster heat-up). So, take your time, get it right, I'm happy to have a new unit and support your pioneering my health. And if it is mind-blowingly better, then cool, that will be mind-blowing.

the Edge

Did VXL actually state to beta testers they are not allowed to discuss any details? I can't seem to find that in the thread anywhere, only speculation as to why there has been no reports from beta testers.

Seems odd that no one has at least posted they have received their units that were supposed to ship almost a week ago.

the Edge,

ogcook

Did VXL actually state to beta testers they are not allowed to discuss any details? I can't seem to find that in the thread anywhere, only speculation as to why there has been no reports from beta testers.

Seems odd that no one has at least posted they have received their units that were supposed to ship almost a week ago.
I doubt they would communicate beta terms to the Fanatics as an open post in the forums. Rest easy, things are going well and you'll have a wonderful unit in your hands before you know it.

Top Bottom