Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

dirtpie

For the shirt I have to agree with everyone and say #2 is my choice. You guys evolved the vaporizer game, all ready evolved your product and company, so why not have a shirt that says that? Plus, I like how you have the EVO part a different color. It designates the name nicely.

I have the original pre-order ones that were a little too large and requiring force to insert/remove, to empty them I gently squeeze while rolling on my fingers, to clean I just let them soak in iso. a few of them the top part ripped right off (as a result of being too large and requiring force each time it was removed) and the rest opened up at the vertical seam
this is the same thing that happened to all of my ELB's. And once one started to go they all started to go. I went through like 10 ELB's in a month. Granted they lasted 6 months

VapeNStone,
Reactions: Hexi

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
As everyone else has mostly agreed, #2 and eyes! I like the EVOlve a lot!

My ELBs are almost all gone/broken (sold to other FC members, and/or the ring separated over time.) I'm waiting to order more, hoping I can somehow buy a pack or two of ELBs to be shipped with my EVO, and save on shipping a bit!

John Lewus

I know that everyone is excited with the EVO but I would like to poll everyone again for their best practices on using/cleaning ELB's. I am always looking for ways to optimize my process and lately have been getting more annoyed at how long it takes me to load/use/clean my ELB's between loads. I know most of you probably don't give this much time and thought to this process but I am a clean guy so keeping my bathroom, glass, and ELB's clean is important but I also am spending upwards of 20 to 30 min a day just maintaining all this stuff. Part of what is inspiring me is reading the Herbalizer thread and seeing how easy it is to dump and use. The ELB's are more narrow and I find a bit difficult to dump out and get clean.

Here is what I do. I have 15 ELB's I use right now. I use a SCS 4 piece grinder and Jyarz to hold my stuff. I use a special whip glass attachment with tube to suck in my herb into the ELB. I feel this part of my process is about as optimized as it can be. Sometimes I will pre-load 4 or 5 ELB's.

The part I struggle with is the cleaning. When I am done using an ELB I always pull it out and do one stir with an epic vape tool. That always gives me one more really good cloud. Even more importantly, by doing that stir it further breaks my herb up so that when I dump in my tightvac it comes out easier. If I don't stir then what happens is my herb is usually sucked and compressed towards the top of the ELB and it does not just dump right out unless I poke it with something.

Now here is the part I am trying to improve on. If I could just dump my ELB and be done with it I would be happy but there is always a lot of dust on the inside. I use a small Macy's cleaning brush and that works well but it flicks dust around and it lands outside my tightvac and on my counter. Sometimes I just dump the ELB and use the stir tool over the sink and tap out whatever minuscule amount of dust is in there. The part that annoys me is that I have to have one extra step for each ELB to use the brush and it flicks ABV dust around such that I end up having to clean my counter tops some every time. It is best for me to clean all 15 ELB's at one time at the end to use over. After 2 or 3 uses for an ELB I usually dump them all in a jar with some PBW and they come out brand new after a few hours. I use boiling water if I need it to work in 20 or 30 min.

I am curious to hear what novel ways people have come up with for cleaning ELB's. I had looked into a small brush vacuum but all of the keyboard vac's look way too under powered to do what I need to do and keeping a vacuum in my bathroom or near by is not practical either. A lot of those vacuum's don't have the type of brush head that would work well with an ELB. I had considered just dumping and not cleaning the slides but it feels too dirty for me that way too. The only thing I can think of is a larger jar for dumping ABV that is not a cylinder on the inside to make it easier to tap out the ELB.

Thoughts?

John Lewus,
Reactions: Hexi

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
The vaporizer is the called the CloudEVO but which t-shirt do you guys prefer. Eyes or no eyes? EVO or EVOLVE?

Eyes, EVOlve

. . . I am curious to hear what novel ways people have come up with for cleaning ELB's . . .

I don't think this is at all novel, but IMO it takes no time to speak of. I have a small work area (just a section of the table) at my vape station. I usually load .15g. When finished I open and dump the ABV on the work space with a couple of taps. Then I use the mascara-type brush with an in/out and then circular motion, holding the ELB above the ABV I emptied; maybe 15 seconds. And I brush off the inside of the cap. With each use the ELB retains a tad more resin but still it remains clean enough for at least 4 or more uses. At that point I drop it in a corked beaker of ISO and shake a few seconds. The ABV/brush dust I scrape off the edge of the table area into my ABV mason jar with an old half-credit card.

I accumulate my ELB's in the ISO bath. When I'm down to 1 ELB I dump the beaker into a small sink draining off the ISO, add hot water and a very little bit of Dawn, suds it up and stir them around well, drain, rinse, drain, rinse, drain, rinse. Air dry in the small work area. Less that 5 minutes (other than drying time).

That's it.

Last edited:

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I know that everyone is excited with the EVO but I would like to poll everyone again for their best practices on using/cleaning ELB's. I am always looking for ways to optimize my process and lately have been getting more annoyed at how long it takes me to load/use/clean my ELB's between loads. I know most of you probably don't give this much time and thought to this process but I am a clean guy so keeping my bathroom, glass, and ELB's clean is important but I also am spending upwards of 20 to 30 min a day just maintaining all this stuff. Part of what is inspiring me is reading the Herbalizer thread and seeing how easy it is to dump and use. The ELB's are more narrow and I find a bit difficult to dump out and get clean.

Here is what I do. I have 15 ELB's I use right now. I use a SCS 4 piece grinder and Jyarz to hold my stuff. I use a special whip glass attachment with tube to suck in my herb into the ELB. I feel this part of my process is about as optimized as it can be. Sometimes I will pre-load 4 or 5 ELB's.

The part I struggle with is the cleaning. When I am done using an ELB I always pull it out and do one stir with an epic vape tool. That always gives me one more really good cloud. Even more importantly, by doing that stir it further breaks my herb up so that when I dump in my tightvac it comes out easier. If I don't stir then what happens is my herb is usually sucked and compressed towards the top of the ELB and it does not just dump right out unless I poke it with something.

Now here is the part I am trying to improve on. If I could just dump my ELB and be done with it I would be happy but there is always a lot of dust on the inside. I use a small Macy's cleaning brush and that works well but it flicks dust around and it lands outside my tightvac and on my counter. Sometimes I just dump the ELB and use the stir tool over the sink and tap out whatever minuscule amount of dust is in there. The part that annoys me is that I have to have one extra step for each ELB to use the brush and it flicks ABV dust around such that I end up having to clean my counter tops some every time. It is best for me to clean all 15 ELB's at one time at the end to use over. After 2 or 3 uses for an ELB I usually dump them all in a jar with some PBW and they come out brand new after a few hours. I use boiling water if I need it to work in 20 or 30 min.

I am curious to hear what novel ways people have come up with for cleaning ELB's. I had looked into a small brush vacuum but all of the keyboard vac's look way too under powered to do what I need to do and keeping a vacuum in my bathroom or near by is not practical either. A lot of those vacuum's don't have the type of brush head that would work well with an ELB. I had considered just dumping and not cleaning the slides but it feels too dirty for me that way too. The only thing I can think of is a larger jar for dumping ABV that is not a cylinder on the inside to make it easier to tap out the ELB.

Thoughts?

I myself soak them in Grunge Off. The reason why is because I feel that it rinses the most cleanly. If you don't have GO, you can use Ispropyl or Simple Green (SG takes more rinsing to get clean). I have 6 ELBs in rotation and three are always being cleaned while three are getting used. The ELBs weren't designed to be permanent bowls but were designed to last for months of heavy usage with cleaning. Hope my tips help but I think there are plenty of other techniques that work as good as mine.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't think this is at all novel, but IMO it takes no time to speak of. I have a small work area (just a section of the table) at my vape station. I usually load .15g. When finished I open and dump the ABV on the work space with a couple of taps. Then I use the mascara-type brush with an in/out and then circular motion, holding the ELB above the ABV I emptied; maybe 15 seconds. And I brush off the inside of the cap. With each use the ELB retains a tad more resin but still it remains clean enough for at least 4 or more uses. At that point I drop it in a corked beaker of ISO and shake a few seconds. The ABV/brush dust is scrape off the edge of the table area into my ABV mason jar with an old half-credit card.

I accumulate my ELB's in the ISO bath. When I'm down to 1 ELB I dump the beaker into a small sink draining off the ISO, add hot water and a very little bit of Dawn, suds it up and stir them around well, drain, rinse, drain, rinse, drain, rinse. Air dry in the small work area. Less that 5 minutes.

That's it.
This is exactly what I do as well. The only difference is that I use a 1/2" wire brush to ream out the ELB (I do this over a trash can so the bits just fall into it).
16gg5f8.jpg

:peace:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
My ELBs tap out empty nicely, don't use the brush very much any more. I have about 20 ELBs in rotation, once dirty, they store in 2 mason jars with ISO, I separate the caps from the ELB bodies because the caps "flow" into place and hinder cleaning. The prolonged soak helps, I occasionaly shake the jars also. When ready to clean I then uncap and float the mason jars in my ultrasonic cleaner and run that for a minute at about 120*F, rinse and replace with hot PBW solution, into the ultrasonic again, then a final hot water rinse, air dry and done.

Kief

Medicated
The part that annoys me is that I have to have one extra step for each ELB to use the brush and it flicks ABV dust around such that I end up having to clean my counter tops some every time.
I've had a small project in my mind that could solve the issue that's highlighted above...

You could cut off that mascara-type brush handle to desired length and attach it to the bottom of your ash-trey or ABV bowl so that it points up, then you just need one hand to brush off the inside and everything just falls right down where you want it. May still end up needing a second brush for the cap. I haven't tried it yet, might get a little crafty later on.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Very nice, SM...a couple of small cumulus clouds above the "evolved" monkey might be cool...just to keep "Cloud" in the subtext. It may be time for the EVO, but I think we all still consider it a Cloud, also.:)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Very nice, SM...a couple of small cumulus clouds above the "evolved" monkey might be cool...just to keep "Cloud" in the subtext. It may be time for the EVO, but I think we all still consider it a Cloud, also.:)
Yes, this would help flesh things out on this idea. Also I don't see VapeXhale anywhere on the shirt, maybe the back or the sleeve? Evolve with VapeXhale . . .

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
No, I like the joint, and I like the idea of adding clouds. I just think the brand needs to be in there somewhere. Might look good by itself on the sleeve. But there is a lot of t-shirt (canvas) there may as well use it.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Yeah...I definitely don't want to see it get too busy...but I'd like to see a few more different looks if we can.

Think there is room for a little bit more...maybe? :)

Shrike,
Reactions: mvapes
thoughts?

1157438_10201130213430720_1476611490_n.jpg
?
This one is PERFECT!!! I want it!! I want it now!!! But seriously when can I buy it?

No, I like the joint, and I like the idea of adding clouds. I just think the brand needs to be in there somewhere. Might look good by itself on the sleeve. But there is a lot of t-shirt (canvas) there may as well use it.
I seen a few pages back on the back on the shirt it had the VXL logo.

Top Bottom