Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Benzito42

VXC should give fame is a vapor and ice the first runs of the EVO since they are new to vaporizing. Not only do they not have a cloud/EVO yet, but they would likely give you the best feedback of someone new to vaporizing (combusters) which is a target audience for your company to really scale big.

Wouldn't mind being on that list as well.. Don't own a cloud or have i ever used one. I have been keen to vapexhale and was a pre registrant a few years back but never got one. So stoked and need that Evo. Barely use my wispr anymore.

Benzito42,
VXC should give fame is a vapor and ice the first runs of the EVO...

I'll second that notion!

But honestly, I can wait my turn in line. What sold me on making the Cloud my first vape was all the commentary from those who had experienced many different kinds and thought the Cloud superior for whatever reason.

All I will be able to say is, "Dude, this rocks!" :rockon: and "Fuck Combustion!"

Last edited:

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I'll second that notion!

But honestly, I can wait my turn in line. What sold me on making the Cloud my first vape was all the commentary from those who had experienced many different kinds and thought the Cloud superior for whatever reason.

All I will be able to say is, "Dude, this rocks!" :rockon: and "Fuck Combustion!"

Nice! Welcome to FC and congrats on what is in my view a solid choice for your first vape. If you dig bong hits and the accompanying ritual, then my sense is you'll be quite pleased with how the EVO performs. It's simply the tits, my friend. As many here in FC know, I dig large, thick hits of tasty vapor and I like to hold it in for at least 10 seconds. The Cloud delivers and has done so in my house for over a year with zero issues. I'm zooted after one ELB, plain and simple. Just like I am now. :tup:

20130621082110-Green.JPG

O yeahh, feelin froggy!!

Don't think that's quite the green I was imagining, though! I prefer Live-N-Learn's green in his earlier mock-ups...
34ypavo.jpg

or even the darker green in the camo version...
2zpjerk.jpg

Edit: Thanks for the welcome, Vapinghole!

Nice! Welcome to FC and congrats on what is in my view a solid choice for your first vape. If you dig bong hits and the accompanying ritual, then my sense is you'll be quite pleased with how the EVO performs. It's simply the tits, my friend. As many here in FC know, I dig large, thick hits of tasty vapor and I like to hold it in for at least 10 seconds. The Cloud delivers and has done so in my house for over a year with zero issues. I'm zooted after one ELB, plain and simple. Just like I am now. :tup:

For 15 years I preferred bong hits to anything else. (Then again, I had never vaped...so much for thinking I knew all there was to know!) Then I quit smoking last year for health reasons (including cigs), only to see my health deteriorate even further (Crohn's disease). New studies have shown that MMJ can drastically improve the health of people with my affliction, so I'm back, just waiting on my card, but really don't want to combust again since I think holding a lighter in my hand will just lead me back to smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. I knew then that I needed to vaporize, but the Volcano and such kinds just didn't appeal to me. There is just something so damn sexy about great glass, something that I always liked, and once I saw a vid of Stonemonkey pulling on that SSFG from a Cloud, I was like..."ME WANT!" Then, hearing from all of you guys at FC about how great the people behind the company are, and how great the product is (notwithstanding all the manufacturing hiccups), it was a no-brainer: Here's a fresh stack, I want an EVO!:bowdown:

Out of interest how much do you guys think the EVO will retail at (without hydratube)

I hate to guess, but will.:lol: Remember though, Stonemonkey recently stated that they don't have final samples yet, and I would assume that until that time, even they can't really project what the EVO will retail for when it comes time for Christmas shopping.

However, given that the VXL team made a conscious decision to improve upon an already great design, I'm willing to bet they also gave great consideration to making sure that those improvements would also result in the final product being more, rather than less, affordable. Seeing that they have apparently gone to injection molding for the outer cover (a cost-saving process when applied to mass production), and the fact that the indiegogo campaign was a whopping success (hinting at a likelihood of high future demand), combined with the guts of the product apparently staying more or less the same, I would think that the price point will initially be at, or slightly below, the $449.99 of the original Cloud. Maybe even as low as $399.99
One can dream, right?
(A limited edition Cloud EVO, however? Priceless!):nod:

Last edited:
Fame Is A Vapor,

MGG

I hate to guess, but will.:lol: Remember though, Stonemonkey recently stated that they don't have final samples yet, and I would assume that until that time, even they can't really project what the EVO will retail for when it comes time for Christmas shopping.

However, given that the VXL team made a conscious decision to improve upon an already great design, I'm willing to bet they also gave great consideration to making sure that those improvements would also result in the final product being more, rather than less, affordable. Seeing that they have apparently gone to injection molding for the outer cover (a cost-saving process when applied to mass production), and the fact that the indiegogo campaign was a whopping success (hinting at a likelihood of high future demand), combined with the guts of the product apparently staying more or less the same, I would think that the price point will initially be at, or slightly below, the $449.99 of the original Cloud. Maybe even as low as $399.99
One can dream, right?
(A limited edition Cloud EVO, however? Priceless!):nod:

Idk, i suspect $500 was likely right.

Last edited:
MGG,
Reactions: ogcook
Idk, i suspect of $500 was likely right.

Perhaps, so. But also think about this: During the Indiegogo campaign, trade-ins were effectively buying a new EVO for $250, first-timers for $350 (w/ glass but no HT), with HT glass for $500, and limited edition EVO w/ custom glass and lifetime warranty for $1000. I would say that these give us a great hint at what the VXL team thinks the final price point of the EVO will be, as they were trying to raise money during the campaign, not lose it. They wouldn't have offered these perks at those prices if they didn't already have an idea about what it would net them in the end.

Fame Is A Vapor,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Anonymouse

Sith I care
To quickly answer some questions:

1. Yes, you will be receiving an email from us about your choice of color and bent/straight neck. We're just doing some house cleaning with the people that donated multiple times before we do our reach out.
So I guess we're definitely not gonna see any removable mouthpieces, even on the Fanatic tubes? It's hard to decide on a single, fixed tube either way until we know what the final ones are gonna look like. All we've seen so far are a couple Instagram clips of a few seconds' duration and assurances that they'll be something like that, but not exactly like that.
3. Loading - we got some really cool ways to load ELBs, we will disclose more info in the future. Right now, it's an awesome CAD drawing and if it works like it does in the model, everyone is gonna want one of these.... especially me!
It's a tube the ELB slots into hooked up to a puffer bulb, isn't it? :p

Bonus points if the puffer has a one-way valve so you don't have to remove the ELB to re-deflate the puffer.

Re: HT and Colour choice:
4. @JoeKickass - once you make a choice, we cannot change it as a lot of these things are being custom made and in order for us to hit our projected launch date, I need the team focusing on other things that are not administrative oriented.
Again, though, we should have a more concrete impression of what we are choosing to make a decision that can't be reversed.

For example, I was under the impression the Fanatic EVO was a different colour to the Early Bird unit. Now we've "unlocked" a second colour, and I've been emailed asking if I want Black or White. I thought those were Early Bird/standard production model colours? If previously we had the production colour and the Limited colour, and now we have black and white, we're still just at two colours, aren't we? Shouldn't there be a third for the Fanatics?

Is the Fanatic EVO just going to be a choice of stock colours but signed by the production team or with "limited edition decals" or something? I was hoping for something a llittle more impressive (and something I'd be able to wipe down with iso to clean without ruining)...

Re: VXL Portable:
What I can say is that I've told Prof Vape that it has to be 1/3 the size of the Cloud but retain 90% of the power and be compatible with ELBs
I'd just as happily settle for half the size of the Cloud if the extra space was all taken up increasing battery capacity.

Perhaps if the Battery clips to the unit, you could offer different size batteries for different use patterns? Clip the short one on for a few hits from a compact unit, the medium to go all day, the long one that's a bit unwieldy but is great to share around a buncha folks without running dry, etc. Also means you'd do a lot of after sales selling battery options. I'm imagining a rod-shaped unit that the battery is one end of the "rod", though.

Out of interest how much do you guys think the EVO will retail at (without hydratube)
I would imagine the same price as the old Cloud. The old one had a custom heater and machined aluminium enclosure. The new one has an injection-moulded housing and off-the-shelf heater, plus partially rides on the development cost of the previous unit, which are all savings, so production cost per should be down over the old model (and certainly will be once they ramp up). I think we'll see it at, or close to the old price, and maybe a small drop after a little while, too, just to tweak the e-Cig douches. :p

Anonymouse,
For example, I was under the impression the Fanatic EVO was a different colour to the Early Bird unit. Now we've "unlocked" a second colour, and I've been emailed asking if I want Black or White. I thought those were Early Bird/standard production model colours? If previously we had the production colour and the Limited colour, and now we have black and white, we're still just at two colours, aren't we? Shouldn't there be a third for the Fanatics?

Is the Fanatic EVO just going to be a choice of stock colours but signed by the production team or with "limited edition decals" or something? I was hoping for something a llittle more impressive (and something I'd be able to wipe down with iso to clean without ruining)...

Hmm. I also understood the Fanatic EVO as being a different color than black/white, and that it's not an option. Meaning as a Fanatic, I don't get to choose white or black if I don't like the limited edition color. I assumed there might also be some markings/signature of some sort to set it apart from the other EVOs, but I'm not positive on any of this because I haven't seen any official word from the VXL team. But on the previous page Oldiebutgoodie mentioned that he's had several recent communications with them, and that the Fanatic EVO "will be some shade of green."

I'm assuming that maybe you made more than one donation to equal a Fanatic donation? Is VXL aware of your multiple donations? Perhaps they think you're still just a Trade-in/Early Bird/FanBoy? If that's the case, I'm sure you'll do what you need to clear it up with them!

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
From VXL:
The limited edition color will be a shade of green, and the trade in options are either white or black.

I've seen mock-ups of different colors, but not an actual pic/image of the final limited (fanatic) edition. "A shade of" can mean quite a range of hues. I was kinda hoping there would be a different embossing or some other means of identifying it as the Limited Edition, makes it even more "rare" and hence valuable. But whatever, I'll be happy; it was the Lifetime Warranty, Beta Access, and custom tube that sold me on Fanatic.

For my trade-in unit I chose the black. And the straight neck/ice pinches tube (the HydraLine I have, when used with ice, provides the most cool vapor I've ever had).

11eleven11

Here's an email I got yesterday. This is in response to me ordering both the $500 and the $1k, and needing clarification about what I needed to give custom input for.
My name is Benjamin, and I'm handling the fulfillment of all Indiegogo orders. I apologize for the confusion, but you only need to pick color and neck design for your early bird EVO and HT. Your Fanatic level EVO and HT will be limited edition colors and designs, which will be determined in the near future. Again, I apologize for any confusion!

Thanks again for all the support!

I agree with oldiebutgoodie above -- ideally I'd really like to see an actual model (or models) of it before I make my choice. It depends on how it looks because I may just want to go with black. For example, I personally do not like the darker Christmas color green photoshop suggestion posted above that others seem to like. If it was that I would not want the green and would just go with the black. We have diverse opinions and to make matters even more complicated (unfortunately for VXL, as we aren't intentionally trying to) it's hard to make a solid choice without any visual assistance.

Man.. us customers are such picky bitches. But hey, we did pay many benjamins for these units -- in my case 15 of them.

:nod:

So to me, according to the email from support, fanatics --- stay tuned. Also we'd really like to be able to see the models before we choose.

Hoops

I donated at $250 and then again at $100 to bring me to fanboy status. Ben thinks I ordered the upgrade ($250) and shirt (fashionista). Working through getting back on the same page. I can't imagine trying to iron all this out after the fact....lot's of work and there's sure to be mistakes.

UPDATE: Ben replied to my email within an hour and updated my status. Really impressed with the quick response, wasn't expecting it. Good work guys....and good luck!

Last edited:
From VXL:

I've seen mock-ups of different colors, but not an actual pic/image of the final limited (fanatic) edition. "A shade of" can mean quite a range of hues. I was kinda hoping there would be a different embossing or some other means of identifying it as the Limited Edition, makes it even more "rare" and hence valuable. But whatever, I'll be happy; it was the Lifetime Warranty, Beta Access, and custom tube that sold me on Fanatic.

For my trade-in unit I chose the black. And the straight neck/ice pinches tube (the HydraLine I have, when used with ice, provides the most cool vapor I've ever had).
I have an Evolver HT which has ice pinches which I got by chance when I bought a dead cloud to
take apart and see if I could fix. The ice pinches are great. I now use that tube exclusively. I though am choosing white to contrast with my original cloud (so I will have white, black and green). That must be the colors of some flag or other.

11eleven11

Honestly, there are some shades of green that are great and I would love the green. If at least 2 shades of green could be used, there could be some nice complimentary coloring too. But I don't know how realistic that is for them though. Examples of different shades of green to compliment the theme:

Example 1

fulmer-tribel-design-green-31000.jpg

Example 2

emerica-green-blocks-design.jpg

Also I think green & black would be a cool color combo as well. And it is already the VXL theme.

Visual imagery thinking in black & green color scheme:

Example 1

green-black-abstract-variety.jpg

Example 2

Casp1_green_black_bckgrd.jpg

Example 3

green-and-black-cubes-wallpaper.jpg

Ideas like that. etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom