Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think they are planning the secondary color to be white.
https://www.facebook.com/vapexhale/posts/10151587814257075 said:
It looks like the White Eagle is a possibility, only 20K to go. Please help spread the word on this campaign

As well as the new white Cloud EVO teaser profile picture of the campaign.

I agree with this choice, it's imo the best complementary color for the black one when you can ad only one. In the future if more color are possibility, they can add saturated colors.

Seek,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
does anyone hit their cloud using the direct mouthpiece ie no water - does it get too hot or uncomfortable?
I've read reports that it gets hot, and I've read reports that its fine.
I don't think anyone will be able to answer more definitively than it will come down to your personal preference.

:2c:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: tiukauleh

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Its hot if you pull hard/long/repeatedly and/or leave the mouthpiece on. For slow/moderate hitting its good. And I have the shorty, the long one would be better i imagine.

Seek,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I think they are planning the secondary color to be white.

As well as the new white Cloud EVO teaser profile picture of the campaign.

I agree with this choice, it's imo the best complementary color for the black one when you can ad only one. In the future if more color are possibility, they can add saturated colors.

Is that pic new? I thought it'd been up at least the last week or two.

Also, not sure about anyone else but it's more of an "ivory" or "bone" tint on my monitor, v.s. the actual white background; a little bit of yellow and brown mixed in for warmth. I think it looks way better than plain white. Just like the "black" colour we've seen isn't pure black; it's more of a charcoal/graphite grey.

But if the two standard colours are black and white, what happens with the Ltd Edition EVOs? Just going red or green doesn't seem all that special, and clear could be cool but not if the top half is just a big block of insulation. Hrm.

Wrap the Ltd Edition ones in carbon fibre, please?

(Or genuine eagle leather! :p)

Anonymouse,
Reactions: JoeFinny

MGG

Its hot if you pull hard/long/repeatedly and/or leave the mouthpiece on. For slow/moderate hitting its good. And I have the shorty, the long one would be better i imagine.

I've used the long one and have mentioned before that i find it's really hot. Loving it with the vertigo hydratree however.

MGG,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
So a quick summary. 225 donations totaling 100,000. That's approximately 225 clouds/cloud packages that must be delivered. That's an average of $444 that can be spent on each of us to fufill their obligations and get vapexhale back in high gear. It seems pretty realistic to me. :)

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've used the long one and have mentioned before that i find it's really hot. Loving it with the vertigo hydratree however.
Have you tried pulling slower on the dry mouthpiece? I would be surprised if it was hot even then. Of course its not going to be totally ambient or frosty. It will be warm, but should never be hot with moderate draw.

Yes, the HT helps a lot, makes sure its cold and particleless, i just like tu use the shorty sometimes when I like compact. Slow warm vapor sessions, but still enjoyable and as potent as with a HT.

Also a new video of the PHS 2.0, VXL tree+new mouthpiece this time: http://instagram.com/p/cdOUriFS3G/

smokie

Would like to know total number of fanatics once campaign has ended, at the moment it's impossible to tell due to anonymous donations and people upgrading. Glad they hit target, roll on end of October.
:)

smokie,

MGG

I forgot to mention it the other day, but that HydraTree hits nice. :nod:
I still think it's funny how much smaller it looked in person compared to the pics :lol:

The HydraStand adds a couple inches to it. Funny, i actually had the hydrastand with me that night but didn't realize. It was just under some bubblewrap haha :doh:.
But yeah you were getting some very fat hits.

Photo's can be deceiving however :p, though i think the vertigo is the perfect size.
Wish you and i could of tried it with some ice in it however. I love me some icey cool vapor hits :love:

wootze

Hi yall. Maybe someone can clarify. The $250 upgrade does not specifically state "no more wait list ". The three other cloud options all state no more wait lists.

Anyone know what this is about. My january cloud lasted four months before popping a heater wire. I could really use a replacement as soon as possible.

wootze,
Reactions: SD_haze

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
gigaurora: what about these who got a fanatic perc? They were going to get a special color Cloud EVO - i wonder are they going to get another color?

Seek, I must have missed that post. I've wondered how the "Limited Edition" EVO would be different. Are you sure it's the color, as opposed to, say, a differently embossed logo?

Would like to know total number of fanatics once campaign has ended, at the moment it's impossible to tell due to anonymous donations and people upgrading.

I few days ago I counted the number of $1K contributors, IIRC there were 15. Of course that doesn't include those who reached that level with multiple contributions, nor the $5K and $10K contributors. Conservatively appears to be no more than a couple dozen, though.

I will share this for anyone who might be thinking about a Fanatic contribution (SM, mea culpa if I'm out of school disclosing this) . . . the Fanatics have already been engaged by VXL in a "beta" capacity, in regard to changing the name to Cloud EVO. Being directly involved with VXL on various design decisions is going to be a helluva lot of fun; actually, the fun has already started! And lest we forget, there is that Lifetime immediate-turnaround warranty, too. Of course $1K is a lot of money, but IMHO if that is possible within one's budget, it will be $ very well spent.

If this post sounds like a marketing ploy . . . well, it is. So shoot me. Only $1371 needed to reach $100K!

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Fantastic campaign guys!!!!!!!!!

Just over 67 hours until the end!, I'm sure it will reach the 100k mark!

wootze

$98,979. That's where it is with my second contribution just now. This one $350. First one, $250 upgrade.

So I hope I'm not gaming anything @VXL, but I'm wanting two clouds...and hopefully some ELBs.

Since stone monk is on here, let me edit to add my note to Phil. Don't need or want glass mouthpiece. Just two clouds. One. As soon as possible, the second one later when everything's running smoothly.

Also, I'm not going to get my nuts in a knot about delays and hope everyone else can see that delays are the rule, rather than the exception.

Last edited:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
does anyone hit their cloud using the direct mouthpiece ie no water - does it get too hot or uncomfortable?

I find that it depends on my lip placement. If hot air touches my lips it gets too uncomfortable.

What's weird is that I can use a 18mm female adapter attached to some silicone tubing and it is not one bit hot for me. I thought I would use my MP more often but I prefer just using a dry bubbler for taste.

Hexi

Feeling good about the $500, considering dead portables, and non-water based vaping that irritates the throat, it definitely appears as tho this device was designed with the user in mind first.

Now, about heat up times, what are the specs for the EvoEagleNimbus again? Cloud v.1 was slow right? My favorite thing about the current Da Vinci is that it's pretty much pack and puff. Heat up time is just seconds.

Easy to config water tube hitting combined with a rapid heat up time and easy to maintain/clean unit would really be a winner.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Feeling good about the $500, considering dead portables, and non-water based vaping that irritates the throat, it definitely appears as tho this device was designed with the user in mind first.

Now, about heat up times, what are the specs for the EvoEagleNimbus again? Cloud v.1 was slow right? My favorite thing about the current Da Vinci is that it's pretty much pack and puff. Heat up time is just seconds.

Easy to config water tube hitting combined with a rapid heat up time and easy to maintain/clean unit would really be a winner.

Well...the cloud hits up quite fast...just few minutes ... but the ideal heating time would be longer for more efficient vape session...

m0sh,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

In my prev reply to your query, I posted that there were no doubt "other concerns I don't recall offhand." You just identified one of those. The time to green is about 10 minutes, and while you can get vapor at that point, as a practical matter most of us waited about 20 minutes. Yet another related complaint was the 1-hour automatic shut-off. Both complaints are why some here got a WeMo to just keep the unit always on.

IIRC the heat-up was improved with the Plus, although not by much (pls don't hold me to that). For the EVO, I seem to recall SM posting that heat-up time is one of the improvements, about 5 minutes. The auto power shut-off has also been increased to 90 minutes or maybe now 2 hours; this is a regulatory requirement that VXL must comply with.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: About the throat irritation, it was that and also bronchial irritation, that led me to the Cloud in the first place. I struggled with other vapes because I am so sensitive to dry heat. The Cloud and the HT's were a new experience for me. It is amazing the extraction you can get at even a low temp setting. Some here happily use 9:00; even with my sensitivity, I'm comfortable at the 12:00 setting. Add in the HT's (or another quality piece) and it's like nothing else I've used. YMMV - but I doubt it.

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,

Hexi

Thanks for the info.

5 minutes would be fine. 20 minutes would be a no-go for my lifestyle. Vape sessions can take like 20 minutes once you get it going, 20 min wait before that would be tough to accept from my POV. Combined that's like an entire episode of Breaking Bad

Hexi,

SD_haze

Just upgraded my EVO droid phone yesterday, what a coincidence!

Hi yall. Maybe someone can clarify. The $250 upgrade does not specifically state "no more wait list ". The three other cloud options all state no more wait lists.

Anyone know what this is about. My january cloud lasted four months before popping a heater wire. I could really use a replacement as soon as possible.
+1 for clarification on dis one ;)

SD_haze,
Top Bottom