Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Wow that white one is sexy.
I had to see what other colors would look like. My custom colors here:

34ypavo.jpg

UNOFFICIAL NIMBUSES

b0

Cloudy...
I will love a black/grey with yellow/green. One of the posibles combos will be awesome!

b0,

smokie

Could anyone do one that looks like the cloud main outer black and bit with switch and dial silver? It's not that I'm lazy I'm no good with paint program's and I'm on my phone.
Thanks if anyone can help
Just realised I think it's all one mould

smokie,

11eleven11

I posted a few color ideas in the indiegogo comments.

Here's my personal favorite.

- Gold logo on black (possibly w/ gold added in elsewhere as secondary color). Gold gives it a feel of class and specialty, while the black holds vibes of durability and sophistication. Put a seal on it with the VXH logo in gold. Example of sort of what I'm getting at for a seal:
royalty-free-ornate-black-and-gold-frame-logo-by-geo-images-2787.jpg

Timothy

You might catch the attention of more investors with this idea:

Since the $1,000 package is quite a bit of money for the Nimbus, maybe buyers can have the option of "Custom Vinyl Stickers" if it is feasible with your design. I am referring to the same idea 7th floor had with the wave rider series SSV's. Even let people design their own images.

And give even the $500 investors the option of the custom colors since its just a simple matter of adding color to the polycarbonate shell.

11eleven11

I'm only seeing the white one on the indiegogo page. Where'd the teal one come from? NM I looked at it closer. Photoshop.

Are yall meaning to put up more on the indiegogo page? It says colors, plural, but see only the white so far.

11eleven11

LOL I just specified its not official in my post.
Was that an edit? I could have sworn I didn't see that teal text above it before. Ah well.

I also think a Green + Black or Gray checkered or fractal design on the unit would look pretty cool.

11eleven11,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've tried that, the foam on top just looks better when its black. And it's always black, even the white one.
It's probably not going to happen anyway, this doesn't look like it would support dual colors. Maybe some premium custom ones?

Seek,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Alright, alright. I'm done for the day with Photoshop after this one.
SHIT JUST GOT REAL! FOR THE TROOPS!!!!

The VXH Nimbus Military Version
2zpjerk.jpg

Unofficial Nimbus

EDIT: I went crazy today after seeing the white one. I miss my Cloud a lot and this makes me feel a bit better. :freak:

FINALLY, here is the Cloud Nimbus.

2wgta11.jpg

b0

Cloudy...
I've tried that, the foam on top just looks better when its black. And it's always black, even the white one.
It's probably not going to happen anyway, this doesn't look like it would support dual colors. Maybe some premium custom ones?

Not the foam, the "donut" under the foam (sometimes my english is not good enough for what I want to say, lol)

b0,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
How about a nice carbon fiber cloud :mmmm:

This would be a pretty simple mod to do to the heatshield on a Cloud. You could easily get enough cloth and resin for under $50 in the US, I bet. I don't know the exact temps the shield reaches, but it's not too hard to find high-temp stable resins, and I suspect even standard hardware-store fibreglass repair ones would handle the heat fine. Then use a nice gloss clearcoat resin on top to get that polished appearance.

The Nimbus's more three-dimensional topography means this mod wouldn't work well with it, though. The part would have to be moulded diretly in carbon fibre to follow the shape. That'd do me for a limited edition casing, though. :p

Anonymouse,

John Lewus

As I look at the concept model I can see that there is some kind of foam insulation between the bamboo and unit. This is a great idea for where someone might blow back into the Hydratube. In fact, if the knob and button is designed with a fairly tight tolerance I could see how this might even be able to be labelled "water resistant"
:mmmm:

Between this and the sublimator...idk what i am going to do!
agh! might as well just be happy with my SSV right now and wait till reviews get in, then ill have the dough to play with! too bad i will be in agony until then...oh well.

If I do spend the money this is my dilemma as well. I've been following the sublimator forums and I am not quite convinced I would like it even if it somehow could extract better than the cloud. I like that it can do oils in it and seems to do it best but it just does not look right to me. Even though I am a medical user I would have a hard time explaining to people what that thing is sitting on my bathroom countertop. It just makes you want to ask questions. At least the cloud looks beautiful in my bathroom and no one has ever asked me what that is. If they would I would tell them it was a toothbrush sanitation device. You turn it on, heat it up, dampen your brush with a special alcohol, and let it "sanitize" the germs away with heat. It is so convincing to tell people this that I hope they don't ask me one day where to buy one :cool:

The sublimator also looks dangerous because I have read where people have burned themselves with the tip. People can debate all day long about which one actually extracts the best or provides the cleanest hit and I don't think you will ever have a consensus. All of the "other" stuff that goes along with vaporizing matter to me too and this is where I feel the cloud is winning by a long shot. I asked the question in the sublimator forum about convenience and ease of use of the cloud vs. sublimator and did not generate enough of a discussion so I need to go back so I can better understand it but I am hard pressed to find an easier method of use and cleanup than ELB's. I think with the sublimator you have to dump load each time. Preloading ELB's and leaving the cloud running is just so convenient.

I think I am talking myself out of considering the sublimator. The sublimator has an edge on concentrates but do I care? I don't know if I do since I can use cotton in the cloud for almost as good performance and the cleanup is even easier than flowers because you just throw away a tiny bit of cotton. You just have to be careful not to let the oil drip between the ELB and cap because then it is hard to clean and separate. Doing oils is one area where I would like to see something designed that really worked well with the cloud. I can't think of anything now.

When you buy something this expensive a lot of other factors start to matter like beauty, efficiency, ease of use, durability, and how easy it is to operate. The cloud still has the edge for me unless I start to see comparison after comparison in the sublimator thread to the cloud where people rank the sublimator on top. Even then I have to ask myself if I want something that looks like it could be a Gitmo torture machine sitting on my countertop.

Top Bottom