Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
meremoth...I leave my elb in if I am using the cloud inverted on my Ion. If it is upright I tend to take it out between sessions (not hits). For one session I just leave it in.

So I did a test. If I turn my unit on max and let it completely and totally heat up, and then pack a fairly full ELB and put it, it will vape some without hitting it. You can see the vape come off if you put the ELB, and then pull it out a couple of seconds later. I suspect this might have something to do with how finely I grind my herb (coffee grinder), plus how hot my unit can get.

I really want to get an Evolver, but SM said they were coming out with new glass pieces. I wonder if they are releasing any more from the Evolver lineup? Perhaps come tomorrow one of the VX guys will let us know.

Meremoth,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Ughh, just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with my Cloud. Its red and not hot, and not turning green. I think 0067 might be dying, or worst, dead. :cry:

Edit: I dont know what to do, I keep turning it on and off hoping it would breathe again, but its not. Its cold, so cold. I'll never let go.

tumblr_ledl2cgg2P1qcj6mco1_500.gif

Ripbongs420

vapiff
I looked up the specs of the Ion and it has the same thickness as the Evolver. Disregarding those badass videos showing they're built like tanks, personally what makes you think they're more durable than the Ion?

The Evolver just feels like it could take more punishment. I think it might just be because it is a much smaller diameter can then the Ion. I'm not in any position to say for sure, but I believe that same thickness but smaller diameter would make it stronger. Don't take me wrong, they are both structurally sound.

And how much better do you consider the Ion?

Which one is better is just a matter of opinion. It depends on what you personally like and want. I like the Ion more because it is a insanely smooth hit which allows me to take bigger hits. Also it is more comfortable to use when kicking back. The Evolver does have much better taste and is still used quite often. I feel better using the Evolver with clumsier friends. Mainly because if they break my Cloud I could probably beat them to death with the Evolver. I'm just fortunate to have the choice of both. Variety is the spice of life I say. :)

Ughh, just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with my Cloud. Its red and not hot, and not turning green. I think 0067 might be dying, or worst, dead. :cry:

My condolences LNL. What bad timing too. :ugh:

Ripbongs420,
Reactions: Meremoth

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
We will be totally restocked with hydratubes this Friday :)
As advertised the Vape-X Hydratubes are all (with the exception of 4 of them) back in stock again!

I wonder if the "Devastator" will be seen again anytime soon...

Edit: I dont know what to do, I keep turning it on and off hoping it would breathe again, but its not. Its cold, so cold. I'll never let go.
L-N-L, so sorry to hear of your loss, and I feel your pain (been there, done that!).

Time for Cloud withdrawal syndrome! :doh:

CryingKid_zps13796c82.jpg~original

Budzman,

John Lewus

So I did a test. If I turn my unit on max and let it completely and totally heat up, and then pack a fairly full ELB and put it, it will vape some without hitting it. You can see the vape come off if you put the ELB, and then pull it out a couple of seconds later. I suspect this might have something to do with how finely I grind my herb (coffee grinder), plus how hot my unit can get.

There is a simple explanation for this. When you are putting the ELB in you are displacing the air that is already in the male 18m joint. The air in there is already hot so it will push some small amount of air through the ELB causing a small amount of vapor to dissipate off top. If you were to turn your cloud on its side and blow a little breeze into the bottom of the bamboo you will see some very light vapor dissipate out the front as well. I have paid attention to this very carefully and this has been my observation. The vapor coming off is just the tiny amount of air flow or pressure equalization that is going on inside of the bamboo.

This happens all the time to me when I use my Cloud on the Mobius 60t upside down. After I clear the Mobius I often put the Cloud right back on it upside down before the water in the tube has a chance to fully settle. I often see vapor farts come out the Cloud's bamboo rear entrance because of my impatience.

Kief

Medicated

Ouch... how long did that one last, about a month?

Kief,

Trickfire

I'm still in love with my light saber, I just wish I could physically hold this unit to see the aesthetics of it. Either way I know I'm going to be buying myself an early Xmas present this year! I'm interested to see if the portable market will come up with a good water filter intended unit. I guess we can always hope....

Trickfire,

Meremoth

Let's try something. Let's both get on the same VoIP client, connect to each other, then I will take a massive rip off of my Cloud and I will open up my CD-ROM drive and shotgun it to you.

BTW, how old was your Cloud before it died and when did you get it and from where?

I feel better using the Evolver with clumsier friends. Mainly because if they break my Cloud I could probably beat them to death with the Evolver.

Hahahahaha! :lol:

I often see vapor farts come out the Cloud's bamboo rear entrance because of my impatience.

LOL! I wanna see a video of that. Gotta add a fake fart sound effect though (or a real one if you're man enough). ;)

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Ouch... how long did that one last, about a month?
A little less then a month..

My condolences LNL. What bad timing too. :ugh:
In my mind, I knew this was gonna happen. It does hurt now that my last ELB from the Cloud wore off after a weed nap.

L-N-L, so sorry to hear of your loss, and I feel your pain (been there, done that!).

Time for Cloud withdrawal syndrome! :doh:

Yeah I already X'd out my Cloud and put the red on it, that was painful. I dont even wanna go get my HA from the other room to plug it in, but it will have to be done.

Live-N-Learn,

Old School

Vape13man
Sometimes I look over my posts and I think, "Am I being way too over zealous about this thing?", then I take another hit off my Cloud and I'm like, "hell fucking no I'm not, this is the greatest thing of all time".

This is the best purchase I've made in... in so long I can't even remember. And it's just so damn easy, relaxing, and stress-free. I can appreciate the art-form of whip vapes, but I honestly prefer the complete and utter ease of using the Cloud. I mean apart from literally floating up to your mouth, this vape is 0% work. I'll admit it, I'm lazy, and I don't want to have to work for my vape, I want my vape to work for me and that's what the Cloud does.

I hope all my eccentric ramblings can be translated into a review for some people and help people people save some money, time, and herb. Also, I love this thing a shit ton and feel like I need to be a witness to its greatness. Very rarely can a company make a product that my OCD/overly analytical mind can not find a flaw with. The Cloud passes the test with flying colors.

I'm seriously trying to find a flaw with it. At first I thought it was going to be the taste and smell, but whatever that was went away. I guess maybe that it's a little warm to hold? Honestly, though, I kinda like that. If your hands are ever cold it can feel really nice to hold the Cloud. I'm not even sure what they could do for that anyway. Wood is probably the best thing to use because it transmits heat poorly, but perhaps there's a better type of wood to use other than bamboo? I really doubt it, but I don't know all the science behind wood. Perhaps they could send out a complimentary koozie with all their units.
You can rest easy because I can tell you that some perhaps not all of your eccentric ramblings helped very much in sealing the deal for me, however most of your comments/review spoken were primarily directed towards performance which oh so important to all of us.
Now perhaps it is because I am from afar but I have no problem seeing the flaws with the Cloud plus and simply stated a few very nice to haves have gone to the way side.
I read every words you posted everything else pales to the performance of the Cloud+ and even though I tell you I am sold....which I honestly am....I can only say for that kind of coin I really would prefer to have a real life temperature indicator and not a gimmick light that turns green well before any of you know it is ready....nice trick right ....Not and then we used to get some indication that she was heating up....who really wants to learn after they waited the 10 minutes that its not heating...can we hit rewind to watch what may have happened to cause it not to heat up.....Not really but those unique few who were able to purchase the "old tickers"....no ticking and they are investigating right away.... Yes Yes they are not big deals... as they do not effect performance... at least where it counts most....but if given the choice I'd really prefer to have those things back or even better....maybe enhanced upon in some way.....
I'm thinking I'm gonna hold out for the should be model not the could be......

BTW, I'm trying to come up with some easy/lazy way to keep the ELB's constantly clean of ABV-debris. I was thinking of getting a cheap/mini air compressor and just blast the outside of the ELB every time after I dump out the ABV. That should clear the screen of leftover ABV particles.

It seems like all those mini air compressors use cigarette lighter plug. I guess I could get an AC to DC adapter.

Dude you have definitely got some serious Tim Allen tendencies goin there..... More Power....ha ha

Meremoth

Dude, once you get the Cloud, your concerns will completely float away (into the clouds) and will seem like non-issues. However, a digital thermometer would be awesome. As far as being able to know when it's ready, I can tell just by touch, but a better/more accurate indicator would be appreciated.

All I can say is those two issues are definitely not issues that would prevent me from purchasing one, and if those are your only concerns, I would say get it sooner than later because who knows when they'll come out with a Cloud 2.0. Also, you might be exactly like me and feel like you wasted a lot of time, money, and weed playing the waiting-game. I wish I would have gotten mine sooner, much sooner, like a year ago sooner.

Also, what if Tim Allen came over to your house and saw that you didn't have a Cloud? He'd be disappointed in your lack of powah! ;)

tim-taylor.gif

Meremoth,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Starting to feel like this:

You try to take my Cloud from me!
tumblr_ltnt5fuaC91qip8e9o1_500.gif

Give Me A Fucking working Cloud:
tumblr_lxi2f67QYt1qd0s1wo1_500.gif

I will run up in this bitch and start shooting:
tumblr_lqb4asm8nE1qiijpmo1_500.gif

Okay, now I'm gonna go listen to Snoop Lion - No Guns Allowed.

Meremoth

I wonder what exactly it is that fails or goes wrong when a Cloud dies?

Any time a Cloud dies, an angel loses its wings. :cry:

Meremoth,

Old School

Vape13man
There is a simple explanation for this. When you are putting the ELB in you are displacing the air that is already in the male 18m joint. The air in there is already hot so it will push some small amount of air through the ELB causing a small amount of vapor to dissipate off top. If you were to turn your cloud on its side and blow a little breeze into the bottom of the bamboo you will see some very light vapor dissipate out the front as well. I have paid attention to this very carefully and this has been my observation. The vapor coming off is just the tiny amount of air flow or pressure equalization that is going on inside of the bamboo.

This happens all the time to me when I use my Cloud on the Mobius 60t upside down. After I clear the Mobius I often put the Cloud right back on it upside down before the water in the tube has a chance to fully settle. I often see vapor farts come out the Cloud's bamboo rear entrance because of my impatience.

I don't want to sound like too much of a smart ass....but is anyone else out there thinking ....yeah heat rises so we should expect vapor to gently rise off the ELB if standing right side up and if upside down then I would again expect to see some out the bottom end as well.

what if Tim Allen came over to your house and saw that you didn't have a Cloud? He'd be disappointed in your lack of powah! ;)

tim-taylor.gif

NICE..... RRrrrr RRrrrr RRRRRRRRRRR...

Your comment on "Time" has been heard....ty

Old School,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
I wonder what exactly it is that fails or goes wrong when a Cloud dies?
One well known (documented) point of failure is one of the power leads becoming detached from the cylindrical heating element. I know for a fact that's how my original Cloud failed (don't ask me how I know!).

<This Post> is a veritable autopsy of a failed Cloud, here's a pic from that post showing the detached heating coil power lead:

dPHWxQh.jpg

And that my friend is fucking painful!!

large

Budzman,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I thought Plus had this remade so this failure should happen. VX introduced 2 and 3 years of warranty with Plus and somewhere in this tread it was seen they were telling non-Plus Cloud are prone to this type of breakage. I don't know what to think about it, nobody has seen Plus guts yet.
Any time a Cloud dies, a CLOUD DIES! :suspicious::mad::bowdown::cry::ugh: Thousands of angels could loose their wings, this overweighs everything.

In ideal world no Cloud ever dies...

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
One well known (documented) point of failure is one of the power leads becoming detached from the cylindrical heating element. I know for a fact that's how my original Cloud failed (don't ask me how I know!).

<This Post> is a veritable autopsy of a failed Cloud, here's a pic from that post showing the detached heating coil power lead:

dPHWxQh.jpg
I thought Plus had this remade so this failure should happen. VX introduced 2 and 3 years of warranty with Plus and somewhere in this tread it was seen they were telling non-Plus Cloud are prone to this type of breakage. I don't know what to think about it, nobody has seen Plus guts yet.

The pic posted above is not a fair representation of every Cloud....If you had read further down on that page before just copying a picture...:rolleyes:

Fwiw . . . as discussed earlier there have been a number of design and assembly process improvements since release. E.g., this unit does not have the same heater nor heater jacket as earlier versions (serial numbers do not correlate to age of unit). Also, I believe there have been additional changes to the bamboo and firmware. So anyone opening their unit may very well find some different innards.

Also, one thing I didn't see that I struggled with, was removing the PCB. Did you try to do that? It appears on your unit that the board is mounted the same way as mine, with the rocker switch snap-attached to the casing wall (not accessible) and its feet thru the board soldered from the back side. I had to disconnect the switch from the board to get at it.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
The pic posted above is not a fair representation of every Cloud....If you had read further down on that page before just copying a picture...:rolleyes:
Show me where I claimed this pic showing the power lead failure was a representation of every Cloud.

All I said in attempting to answer Meremoth's question was this was one well known point of failure and I stand by that statement. I would think it's obvious that any number of things other than this power lead problem could kill a Cloud, but this is the only one that I've seen documented on this thread. PC boards subjected to the hot internal environment of a Cloud probably fail as well... just haven't seen it documented though. Please don't read things into my statements that aren't really there! :)

Budzman,

Darb

Got my Cloud with Hydracirc yesterday.
I should have bought it a year ago!
This thing is awesome. I can't believe how many lungfuls of vapor from such a small amount of herb.
I have a couple questions.
Should the outside black piece get extremely hot? I have a clear stick on silicone cover that came with it.
I have fairly tough hands being a mechanic but if I'm sitting back in a chair with the Cloud in one hand while using it I have to switch hands every couple minutes. I think the bolts would burn my hands if the silicone wasn't on it.
How do I know if it's a Cloud plus? It was advertised as one. The cord is ten or so feet long. Serial number 1426.
Do you pack the herb into the ELB or just lightly pour it in and tap it down?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
How do I know if it's a Cloud plus?

If it turns green in about a minute or so, then it's a +. It should also run silent and have a 90 minute auto shutoff (that doesn't go into xmas mode).

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Darb

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Got my Cloud with Hydracirc yesterday:

Yes

This thing is awesome. I can't believe how many lungfuls of vapor from such a small amount of herb.

Should the outside black piece get extremely hot? I have a clear stick on silicone cover that came with it.
It does get very hot, even the Cloud+. The silicone cover doesn't help much (IMO) and is a messy Bi*** to remove. I use an "OvGlove" to move mine around.

I have fairly tough hands being a mechanic but if I'm sitting back in a chair with the Cloud in one hand while using it I have to switch hands every couple minutes. I think the bolts would burn my hands if the silicone wasn't on it.
The bolts do get even hotter than the body.

How do I know if it's a Cloud plus? It was advertised as one. The cord is ten or so feet long. Serial number 1426.
Light should go green within 5 minutes or so. Cord length and serial number don't really relate to its age. Don't think you could buy anything but a Cloud+ anywhere by now.

People do both. The fun is in the experimenting of course. I tend to use less the more potent the herb. You can also dust a little kief in. If you work your way through this thread there are all sorts of ways you can use the Cloud to vape almost anything.
Most of all, relax and enjoy! :smug:

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
Got my Cloud with Hydracirc yesterday.
If it's a Cloud+ it shouldn't get too hot to hold unless it's turned up past 3 O'clock and has been on for quite a while. As far as I know they're not shipping the Cloud+ with an adhesive stick on cover, those were shipped with the original units. If you stick that on, it will be a bitch to remove. Silicone wrist bands work better.
The original units shipped with a 9ft. cord. Serial # doesn't mean much, but here's another way to tell an original Cloud from a Cloud+:
The original Cloud auto shut down in approx. one hour with blinking lights. The Cloud+ auto shuts down in 90 minutes with NO blinking lights.
Well either will work, but If you pack it too tightly you can block the air flow somewhat. Just experiment, that's half the fun! :)

edit: Sinclue you beat me by a minute!

Meremoth

I pack my ELB's up loosely and not too full. Too full and it won't vape as well. And I grind my weed up super fine. The Cloud seems less picky about how to pack it compared to other vapes, which is a big plus in my book. Some vapes you shouldn't grind your herb into a powder either, because you might suck it through, or it clogs the screen, or whatever. With the Cloud you can grind your herb into dust and still properly vape it, if you wanted.

Question for everyone:

How long have you gone without iso soaking your ELB?

Also, I've noticed resin building up around the bottom of my ELB's, close to where it's saudered at the bottom. The resin doesn't melt in the iso. What's the best way to get that off?

It'd be sweet to have like a mini steel wool brush or something.

Meremoth,
Top Bottom