Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So what is the international price then?

FYI, I paid full price for the US release and told that I will get my pre order price when the international version arrives...so now I have to pay the full price again ??????? not fair TBH.

BTW, custom could be a bitch but this time I'm going to pay at first instead of getting a fine and pay double lol.

m0sh,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
You're not out any money.

Except the discount they were told they'd get.

But I still haven't heard from anyone doing the math. Would a preorder Cloud with international shipping and customs be any less than one delivered from a local distributor without those expenses?

Almost certainly yes, especially here in Australia where local distributors traditionally tend to gouge. Even with massive shipping costs, most luxury goods turn out significantly cheaper ordered from the US or Asia here. And we don't even have customs fees on sub $1000 purchases. I know VXC don't allow distributors to sell Clouds cheaper than they do, but I hope they also forbid them to charge MORE than VXC's RRP. Otherwise I suspect we'll see AU$700+ Clouds here, even though our dollar is worth 3-5% MORE than the US.

Here's hoping the next Cloud iteration is a universal voltage model.

One thing I'm curious about; Since International users have to buy from a local distributor, how does the VXLOVESFC code for 8 additional ELBs work? Do they just miss out again?

Anonymouse,
Reactions: b0

ccdev

@m0sh
come on, stop beating a dead horse :) . apparently, it's the new business strategy of VXL for international customers. You can order cloud the like anyone else at the same price, but if you don't want to, p*ss off then :p .

I'm surprised to see the mods and some fellas defending this course of action by a manufacturer just cause the company was started by one of the long-term member here. ANY OTHER VAPE MANUFACTURER would be put to the sword for promises which were explicitly stated and reconfirmed thru email ((see below) but is now conveniently swept aside, and their actions merely taken as part of the usual 'business' practices.

NOTICE: If you are a customer outside the US or Canada, you will not be able to order a cloud. This is because our international version is not ready; but please don't worry, 1) We will honor your pre-order price once the international version is available, 2) you will be prioritized based on your original position, please reply to this email letting me know that you are an international customer and you will be placed in that list.

mod note: This account has been closed because it is actually sunsett70, a previously banned member.

ccdev,

way2

I am not a cloud owner but to say these promises were "conveniently swept aside" is a bit of a stretch at best. VXL staff have come here (several times now) and explained what happened...Things NOT IN THEIR CONTROL went wrong and this is the result. They've offered store credit as compensation for something no one even paid for. That's more than adequate IMO. They didn't have to do anything at all. I understand everyone is disappointed but the could have just as easily told you you'll get nothing(and like it!! lol). I for 1 am tired of seeing these posts about VXL "screwed us" or "lied". If they could do what they said.....they'd do it(happily I'm sure). As of now they can't and they've openly explained why(again several times) As other members have said "you paid NOTHING and therefore you're out NOTHING" Shit happens and life isn't fair. Such is the way of the world. If you want to voice your displeasure don't buy....but please stop complaining here it won't change things...

Sorry if this post comes off as offensive but I've been watching this unfold for a while now and felt the need to express my feelings on the matter. VXL is not a giant company with bottomless pockets they are just regular people like us trying to do right by their customers (even if it's not exactly what they promised):2c:

:peace:

ccdev

@way2

oh please, "you paid NOTHING and therefore you're out NOTHING" can you open your eyes and see that your statement should end with...."that is until you pay the full price for the cloud". and your personal opinion about 'adequate compensation' makes me feel so much better.

Those of you who just see the 'complaining' is missing the forest for the trees. I specifically commented because i think it's important future buyers be aware of the character of the person you buy things from, irrespective of how good the product is. If this manufacturer can conveniently sweep aside his promises this time, then where does it stop?

"please stop complaining here it won't change things" if this standard was evenly applied to ALL manufacturers who promise certain things and not deliver, then your words would carry some substance; as it is, VXL seems to be getting preferential treatment here, like some kind of in-house mafia and it makes you look like a shill when you don't even take notice of the company's shortcomings, whether it was in the control or the company or not. And though VXL is a new company, SM55 is not a newbie graduate but rather a business consultant (is that right?) so it's not too much to say that he would have made the promises with some thought.

As it is, i am tired of reading about people complaining about the people 'complaining'. This is a forum to inform, and potential buyers should be aware of past broken promises made by VXL, notwithstanding their current 'good' reputation and the qualities of the Cloud.

mod note: This account has been closed because it is actually sunsett70, a previously banned member.

i feel sorry for you guys who preordered and now feel like you're being left out :)

but i don't quite get it... as i understand it you pay full price but get the difference to preorder price as store credit?

i can believe that for some this may not be what they had hoped for, but to me it would seem like the vast majority of vapists who preorder a vape 2 years before it's actual release firstly don't have any money-problems (so they are not in need of the cash, and can wait to use the store credit until they need something anyways) and secondly surely spend enough on vapes/accesoiries to put the store credit to good use?

with how many elbs does a preordered cloud come? two? how long until you would purchase more elbs? seems just for this the store credit comes in handy... never mind that a lot of people will end up buying more hydratubes

and what i also don't understand: were you promised to get your preordered cloud shipped from within europe?

if not this solution vxl found seems pretty good to me... i'm sure they could just send the preordered units from the US for the preordered price - but for most this would be way more bothersome and in the end more expensive...

did i miss something?

i know why i'm not preordering anything... was tempted with the cloud and was tempted with the cera - but it seems i made the right decision... i'm still just really hyped up about holding a cloud in my hands soon :)

don't want to add fuel to the fire here, just trying to put things in perspective for my fellow european vapists!

SoulCaptivesAreFree,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
VXL staff have come here (several times now) and explained what happened...

The explanation was that they'd made an agreement with their distributors not to undercut them on pricing. But seeing as how the preorder agreement predates this by like two years, I don't understand why it doesn't take precedence. There weren't that many (International) pre-orders anyway, and I don't see how any distributor can complain about them selling a few units at a long ago agreed price. Why can't those preorders just ship out direct from VXL US, bypassing the distributors completely?

Anonymouse,

JCat

Accessory Maker
So I finally got my new and improved Cloud Plus (2 months in repair! ... however ... it was just timing of things ... no ones fault and I'm very happy to have my first Cloud back since my backup Cloud died shortly after the first). So far so good ... produces equal or better vapor than my last Cloud within <10 minutes. It will produce great vapor within a few minutes, but not up to its full potential until maybe around 10 :)

I'm assuming it's because it's a repair, but the fit/finish isn't perfect as in the metal casing seams aren't joined properly all the way around, the bottom part of the casing was partially cut out and the semi-circle cut looks just sort of broken off but it's at a spot where it really doesn't matter and doesn't cause any issues/problems. As well (like some other members mentioned), my bamboo is slightly too far down so one of my hydratubes didn't seat fully on it leaving an extremely slight air gap. I gave my bamboo a slight nudge upwards and all is good :tup:

All-in-all, I'm super happy with the upgrade ... it's super nice that it stays cooler to the touch and heats up quicker and the vapor quality is at least as good! (Nice that in a pinch I could turn on my Cloud and within 3 minutes be vaping if need be as well :tup:)

Vessel

I am glad they got rid of the green and red flashing lights at the end of the cycle.
The elbs seemed to have improved slightly as well. I believe they are a set width
at the bottom but closes in slightly in diameter towards the top, comparing them to the old elbs there is this slight difference. The older elbs also have a tighter fit where as the new ones are really easy to take out.

Vessel,
Reactions: JCat

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
The explanation was that they'd made an agreement with their distributors not to undercut them on pricing. But seeing as how the preorder agreement predates this by like two years, I don't understand why it doesn't take precedence. There weren't that many (International) pre-orders anyway, and I don't see how any distributor can complain about them selling a few units at a long ago agreed price. Why can't those preorders just ship out direct from VXL US, bypassing the distributors completely?

Thank you for framing these concerns as questions, rather than accusations. And they are fair questions.

IMO it would be helpful revisit what Stu posted about the tizzy with pre-orders here in the U.S. that resulted from a "demand" by VXL's "merchant processor". In that case, the company that processes VXL's sales/financial transactions required VXL to launch in a way that ran afoul of VXL's earlier promises and VXL's own expectations. Let this be clear: Had VXL not complied, it would not have been able to process any orders, VXL would have been at a standstill, and the business would have been at serious risk. In short, VXL had no choice.

Now something similar has happened with international distribution. I am not surprised. Building foreign distribution channels is very challenging and high risk. A manufacturer's business model for selling and/or servicing in one country or region will be different from another. A small start-up recruiting, contracting, financing, and supporting a master distributor will find that a great deal is outside of its control. The leverage is with the distributor, even more so than the merchant processor above because the distributor is typically responsible for all functions in its region short of building the product itself. There are a myriad of requirements which must be met; product, regulatory, transactional, country-specific, inventory, title transfer, accounting and reporting - the list goes on. It is simply not possible for a start-up to have all of this in place in advance; if that were required, the business would never get off the ground. As a consequence, there are always unpleasant surprises, there are always mistakes made.

The pertinent question is, why would VXL change a policy which it knows will piss off valuable customers, even though there is no significant financial advantage to do so? Why??? For the same reason that it did here last year, as ref'd above: Because VXL has no choice. As SM posted, in order to do the launch, this is what VXL must do. Its alternative is to not be able to launch at all, a totally unacceptable position for the business to be in.

When a contract is negotiated with a foreign distributor, a great many details must be agreed upon. And once again, there are the wide range of uncontrollable external requirements which also will influence the terms. VXL is not in a position to dictate terms. Given all the factors at work, it is not surprising that the "in-store credit" is the best and only mutually acceptable arrangement available for customers who pre-ordered.

About bypassing distributors by going direct . . . there are good reasons why nearly all manufacturers only sell through distributors overseas (or subsidiaries, which are equally governed by local requirements). As daunting as that can be, selling direct can be much more of a challenge, and in many countries, it simply isn't an option at all. Assuming it would be possible, VXL couldn't possibly justify the infrastructure cost to support doing so for a limited number of people across a number of different countries.

So should VXL have made the pre-ordering assurances it did a couple years ago? Evidently not. But let's recognize these for what they were: Premature and impractical, although well intended, decisions made out of limited experience. Also known as growing pains.

For those who cannot accept that this is an unavoidable business decision, those that demand a "pound of flesh" through accusation and character assassination . . . allow me to just respectfully suggest that you simply move on and do business elsewhere. After all, no harm, no foul.

Or perhaps we should just put the evil VXL crew on the executioner's block. Off with their heads - that will teach 'em! :goon:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
FYI when I say not fair it does not equal not legitimate.
I would like to thank VXL again for all their efforts and also I believe in karma so in the end it will all be for good.

Yet, apologizing or admitting a mistake is not the end of the world and it goes both way.

Now, STFU and give me my cloud ! :p

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Does anybody use any specific tools aside from a qtip when cleaning the bamboo? I was thinking of getting soft bristle brushes that are 18 inches long - maybe its just my OCD but I'm like fuck - I just want to clean in there.

I look forward a complete analyses from the king of OCD cleaning - Tdub! :tup:

b0

Cloudy...
For those who cannot accept that this is an unavoidable business decision, those that demand a "pound of flesh" through accusation and character assassination . . . allow me to just respectfully suggest that you simply move on and do business elsewhere. After all, no harm, no foul.

Or perhaps we should just put the evil VXL crew on the executioner's block. Off with their heads - that will teach 'em! :goon:

Well, that wasn't my intention. I only wanted/tried to explain how I feel and my disappoinment. I think that at least I have my right to say what I think if I do in a polite way, and I think I did. And this was the best place to do that IMO because is the comunity that helped me to know more about vaporizers and the place where I knew about VXL years ago.

Also nothing against you or your post OGB, I really like how you argumented your point without bashing other people :clap: Just quoted you because I wanted to make clear that I don't feel any hate against the VXL crew (in fact I talked with them through emails and accepted the unavoidable a couple weeks ago :cry: ) just disappointment that he can't keep his word.

I will have a Cloud soon, the only difference is that I was promised to have an awesome deal and now I will have to do my math to see where is the best place for me to put my money.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well, that wasn't my intention. I only wanted/tried to explain how I feel and my disappoinment. I think that at least I have my right to say what I think if I do in a polite way, and I think I did. And this was the best place to do that IMO because is the comunity that helped me to know more about vaporizers and the place where I knew about VXL years ago.

Also nothing against you or your post OGB, I really like how you argumented your point without bashing other people :clap: Just quoted you because I wanted to make clear that I don't feel any hate against the VXL crew (in fact I talked with them through emails and accepted the unavoidable a couple weeks ago :cry: ) just disappointment that he can't keep his word.

I will have a Cloud soon, the only difference is that I was promised to have an awesome deal and now I will have to do my math to see where is the best place for me to put my money.
I just want to chime in here quickly ... (no offense to anyone intended) ...

I think calling it breaking there promise is pushing it when they made the promise with every intention of keeping it, however, unforeseen circumstances have led them to be unable to provide you with the deal they intended ... completely out of their control

For example, would you blame someone for failing to make it to a prior commitment if they got sick and were physically unable to go (as they were puking every 2 minutes) ... if they promised to go did they then break their promise? ... sometimes things happen that are out of our control ... if one truly does everything they can to live up to ones commitments and when that is not enough and one fails to do so, then one makes amends to the best of their abilities, then what more can one ask?

Just my 2 cents ...

b0

Cloudy...
I just want to chime in here quickly ... (no offense to anyone intended) ...

I think calling it breaking there promise is pushing it when they made the promise with every intention of keeping it, however, unforeseen circumstances have led them to be unable to provide you with the deal they intended ... completely out of their control

For example, would you blame someone for failing to make it to a prior commitment if they got sick and were physically unable to go (as they were puking every 2 minutes) ... if they promised to go did they then break their promise? ... sometimes things happen that are out of our control ... if one truly does everything they can to live up to ones commitments and when that is not enough and one fails to do so, then one makes amends to the best of their abilities, then what more can one ask?

Just my 2 cents ...

I understand your point, but you have to admit that is easier to see all this that way when it doesn't affect you. I know that when they made his promise was with every intention to keep it and that's why I tried to keep all my post about this polite and not offensive. In fact I still want a cloud and hope to have it at the end of next month if everything goes right.

I think I'm done about all this, I already explained my point, my feelings and that bashing VXL wasn't my intention, just wanted to express myself the better way I can, in the best place to talk about it and in a foreign language. Some people will understand me and share my thoughts and others don't, but I think I made this the best way posible.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
deleted . . .

modnote: I just ended this...did you not read it?

We were typing at the same time, I apologize . . .

t-dub,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
20130327_174452_zpsd1ec82f5.jpg

Told you fuckers he was gay!

Top Bottom