Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
my unit reached the warranty place :) now its just a matter of 1-3 weeks haha its like i just bought it all over again...

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
crap, I just got serious combustion at 11 oclock, it's still smoldering as I type this... I decided to grab my camera and capture the moment... I hope this isn't the beginning of the end of my precious ticker... ELB was clean and fresh, about 1/3 med grind loaded inside. Usual stuff I've been doing all along. I noticed last night that the red light was coming on and blinking more often than the green, it was only going green for a second or two then back to red (wasn't the time out, it was clicking and heating while the light stayed red, then flashed green every few seconds). Today it's staying green again, so I don't know what that was all about. This really took me by surprise for sure, at such a low temp. Should I open a ticket for this, or just take my chances and keep using it?

** I've cleaned all my glass, and loaded another ELB, and hit it at 11 again, and it tastes like I've got it set to 3 o'clock, very hot vapor. Even at the 9 o'clock setting the vapor tastes hot. This isn't looking so good, I'm afraid. Sorry to be bringing bad news to the thread y'all. I guess I will go open a ticket.

That sucks, Jam. :(

It's a good thing you've got backups! Imagine your grief if you didn't.

Hopefully you'll get it resolved promptly. I'm betting that you will.

:peace:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I about to pull the trigger on a cloud. Jam that sucks - you mentioned that you were hoping this wasn't the beginning of the end...has there been alot of issues with clouds? Are they readily available om the website or is there still limited supply?

mvapes,

makisupacurtain

The other day I was in a really nice shop called Funky Monkey in Pacific Beach, San Diego. It's like an enchanted forest of name-brand glass pipes. They had pretty much every lust-worthy scientific tube you can think of.
The shop owner, in the middle of a sale with me and without acknowledging me at all, took a phone call to price-quote a Volcano for someone. Afterwards, I asked if a lot of people still buy Volcanoes, because I think there are a lot of better vapes now for the same or much less money. He claimed the Volcano is still the best vaporizer on the market. I asked him if he had heard of the Cloud. He said yes, that he had even tried it, but it wasn't very good. He said VXL asked him to sell them in his shop but he declined. Can this be true? I had thought VXL wasn't looking for distributors yet. The whole encounter was very puzzling to me.

Is it possible that the owner was referring to the cloud vape pen?

makisupacurtain,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I used to dump my ABV out of the ELB after a session and run a toothpick around in while inverted to catch any clingy bits hanging on to the inside walls of the ELB. However recently I've been blowing on the outside of the ELB and into the bottom of it in addition to the toothpick swirl. I've found that I'm getting the ELBs much cleaner between uses this way. I can get 5 or 6 ELBs this way before they go into the iso jar. I used to throw them in after only 2 or 3 bowls.

Anybody else do this?

fluge

I have been cleaning my ELB's with some pipe cleaners I found at my local headshop. They have extra plastic abrasive bristles sticking out of them. They are called Randy's Tapered Bristle Pipecleaners. I take one and bend it at the end to a 30 degree angle and spin it around the ELB to clean mine. I am semi lazy though and clean my bowls about once a week in ISO. The pipecleaners keep them fairly clean in the meantime.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I used to dump my ABV out of the ELB after a session and run a toothpick around in while inverted to catch any clingy bits hanging on to the inside walls of the ELB. However recently I've been blowing on the outside of the ELB and into the bottom of it in addition to the toothpick swirl. I've found that I'm getting the ELBs much cleaner between uses this way. I can get 5 or 6 ELBs this way before they go into the iso jar. I used to throw them in after only 2 or 3 bowls.

Anybody else do this?
I use the ELB loader tool I made, on the left, to blow out any ABV that doesn't easily come free with my SkilleToolz HoneyBun, before inhaling to load my next dose . . . the brush also comes in very handy for extending times between ISO cleans . . . :peace:

elbtools.jpg

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I think I've got the same pick tool :tup:
But it's not a branded one, it came with a bunch of stirring tools I grabbed as a set on BM :D

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: t-dub

bizzum

i see people mentioning bamboo when discussing the cloud, not to be dumb here but can somone explain to me what they meam when they discuss bamboo and the cloud.

to the person who was about to buy a cloud and is worried because some people are having issues, i would not look to deep into it, they are selling tons of these and $hit happens, im sure if there was a massive defect they would mention this and handle it. also they seem to be truly legit people and stand behind their warranty, if you have a issue they will fix it. dont let a few people who might have issues discourage you when it comes to the cloud, its a unit that deserves all the praise it gets and should not be missed.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The bamboo is the glass tube that runs through the cloud. It's got chambers to restrict/agitate the airflow, so it resembles a bamboo chute in that regard.

Stu,
Reactions: BlueHoo

bizzum

to jam with the video on this page, please dont take this in the wrong way, im just going by what i see and maybe help. looking at you cloud itself in the top glass section, inside that top portion at the bottom close to the base, were the bottom of the elb would be when inserted looks brown and oily and gooey, now it possible that is resin build up, i dont know as im just guessing, if that is the case then what might be happening, which happened to me, is that the build up is also on the outside of your elb at the bottom, and that goo along with the heat of the elb and the glass tube starts to smoke off, so clean the inner tube on your cloud and then reclean your elb and then see if you can test it again. if you drop some ground bud in the glass tube while hot it will smoke up a storm, so i think you might be experiencing something that happened to me and its not the clouds fault , so hopefully your cloud is fine, maybe what im seeing is what happened at that moment and it wasnt brown and gooey looking prior to your issue so i might be wrong but its the best guess i can think of

Stu, thanks for the explantion, makes sense , was curious and now i understand, appreciate the info

bizzum,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i usually keep a bobby pin with the plastic tip scraped off, or a paperclip for stir's(the first hit after a stir is nice) and then a fresh q tip everyday for just swabbing out old bowls while they're still HOT. and i never have to clean my two ELB's :)

that is if i ever get my cloud back haha :)

Xchadb,

BossBrew

Metalhead
I've been using the brush that came with my MFLB to clean my ELBs between loads and it certainly has allowed me to use them for much longer. It's a small brush and fits perfectly in the ELBs. :)

BossBrew,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
to jam with the video on this page, please dont take this in the wrong way, im just going by what i see and maybe help. looking at you cloud itself in the top glass section, inside that top portion at the bottom close to the base, were the bottom of the elb would be when inserted looks brown and oily and gooey, now it possible that is resin build up, i dont know as im just guessing, if that is the case then what might be happening, which happened to me, is that the build up is also on the outside of your elb at the bottom, and that goo along with the heat of the elb and the glass tube starts to smoke off, so clean the inner tube on your cloud and then reclean your elb and then see if you can test it again. if you drop some ground bud in the glass tube while hot it will smoke up a storm, so i think you might be experiencing something that happened to me and its not the clouds fault , so hopefully your cloud is fine, maybe what im seeing is what happened at that moment and it wasnt brown and gooey looking prior to your issue so i might be wrong but its the best guess i can think of

Stu, thanks for the explantion, makes sense , was curious and now i understand, appreciate the info

I appreciate the thought, and you are correct my bamboo is building up some residue inside it, mostly at the top where it sticks up. My ELB on the other hand was fresh from a cleaning, and I Iso soak them, then scrub with a tooth brush under hot water... so it wasn't the ELB being dirty... the load inside caught a cherry, and POOF my bubbler filled with smoke, and I yanked the ELB out of the cloud and it was smoldering with smoke, filled my room. I grabbed the camera as it was on my desk, burning away, by the time I had it capturing the moment, it was at the end of burning, and starting to taper down to a smoulder. It was not just the oils smoking for sure... the entire load caught inside the ELB.

I still have not cleaned the bamboo, I was just not ready to deal with that yesterday. I wanted to be focused before I go messing with it, so I don't make mistakes. I wasn't very focused yesterday... Might get to it today some time.

jambandphan03,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
if something catches on fire inside the bamboo, then logicaly the exothermic heat will ignite the ELB. Questionable is if the bamboo is capable to ignite build-up by conduction when the build-up is down there. Also by correct use of the Cloud you should't get any build-up deep in the bamboo, only in the ELB area. I mean when you stop pulling before lifting the tube, the splasback of the tube will force some vapor inside the bamboo. You should lift the HT while still pulling, so no inverse airflow gets in the Cloud.

Seek,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
might help to also note that I had the cloud upside down on top of my bubbler when it happened. I moved as fast as I could, to yank the ELB from the cloud when I saw smoke suddenly filling the bubbler. Once the ELB hit my desk the air got to it, and it burned even faster. It took me a few seconds to grab the camera, turn it on, and get it recording. It was a frantic moment for sure. I don't think anything inside the Cloud caught fire, I think the heat caused the herb to light up inside the ELB.

jambandphan03,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . However recently I've been blowing on the outside of the ELB and into the bottom of it in addition to the toothpick swirl. I've found that I'm getting the ELBs much cleaner between uses this way. I can get 5 or 6 ELBs this way before they go into the iso jar. I used to throw them in after only 2 or 3 bowls.

Anybody else do this?

Yes. I first just dump the ABV out and swirl my little loading spoon around inside the ELB to loosen anything else. For what gets caught inside the mesh, a couple sharp blows clears most of it. I sometimes also use a quick shot of compressed air into the ELB. Like your experience, I can get up to at least ~half-dozen uses this way.

A recent and happy VXC purchaser, thanks in part to this very forum. The sheer fun of using it caused me to tear through a ton of flowers the first few weeks, but I think I'm falling into a more responsible pattern of consumption.:ko:

Common gripe, I know, but I too think the thing gets too hot, maybe I've got dainty hands. I find the supplied sticker was a tad ugly (no offense) so I came up with my own lil solution. Some silicone bands. You could even express national/gay pride, some even glow in the dark. I kept it simple.

KlX1d.jpg
More info on these silicone bands? Haven't seen anything like that. Looks like it works great.

Does anyone know what 3 red blinks, then 2 green blinks means? Submit ticket, I know, but just wondering if this is a code for a certain failure. In the last 24 hr, my cloud has blinked that way twice, and wouldn't turn back on till I gave up and came back 10 minutes later. I very sad to say that I'm pretty sure my cloud is on its way out. It's been going strong everyday since I got it in July. I think its loose solder by the way its acting, but what do I know. I really hope I have a cloud to get through the holidays. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not getting the backup unit I've been meaning to pick up. I may have to break some earl out to get through this.

I know, I know, first world problems...

havealight101,
Reactions: Puffers

b0

Cloudy...
That problem is happening a lot lately, I think VXH must work more in solving that.

b0,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I'm sure they have dealt with enough warranty issues that getting reliability up is their top priority.

Unit #49 purchased in April is still going strong...

elmomuzz,

ictus

can somebody clarify what ABV means?

Does anybody know if there have been any changes to the cloud's electronics since these failures? Ie, any evidence that a newly ordered one is any better? Does anybody know what the actual failures usually involve? I'd like to know what's actually failing.... ie some loose solder like alluded to or some bad circuitry installed too close to heating element?

I really like what I hear about the cloud and it's glass pieces.... but at the same time I already have a few vapes that are very reliable. Volcano, HerbalAir, Inhalater...... I am probably going to buy this cloud because once I have been this tempted I can't often back down.... but I am a bit concerned by the issues as well.

ictus,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
can somebody clarify what ABV means?

Does anybody know if there have been any changes to the cloud's electronics since these failures? Ie, any evidence that a newly ordered one is any better? Does anybody know what the actual failures usually involve? I'd like to know what's actually failing.... ie some loose solder like alluded to or some bad circuitry installed too close to heating element?

I really like what I hear about the cloud and it's glass pieces.... but at the same time I already have a few vapes that are very reliable. Volcano, HerbalAir, Inhalater...... I am probably going to buy this cloud because once I have been this tempted I can't often back down.... but I am a bit concerned by the issues as well.

ABV = already been vaped = duff weed = vape poo :) , it usually contains 5% to 20% of active THC

m0sh,
Top Bottom