• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Last night I had my cloud on 3 which is high for me. I pulled a decent rip off and had to go directly upstairs for a few. Coming back in the cave, about five minutes later, I noticed a haze and was thinking "man, nice rip!", like I was proud of myself or something, lol. So I grabbed the elb, ready for another, and damn she was hot. So it must have caught just enough at the end of my pull, to slowly combust the whole elb while I was away from the room. My ELB was left full of ash.I'm glad I never(on purpose) leave the elb in the cloud, otherwise a cleaning sesh would have comenced right away. My table was left with an Elb sized rez puddle.
I've never heard of this happening, I thought I'd share it so peeps know it can happen and to be cautious I guess.

havealight101,
Reactions: Vapinghole

labtest

damn, cloud goes off today :\ oh well, 1-3 weeks(what it said in the email, not sure about holiday times) thats not bad, just a good excuse for me to take a little TOLERANCE BREAK, dont lie everyone, you know you need to take one too.

lets see if i can hold out as long as the cloud haha :)

Dang, i've made it a point to follow your experience because i've been waiting a month for a showercap/cloud... i know you were waiting awhile too.

Can you or someone please tell me:

-Is there one single problem that is causing the failures? What is it and is there a long term/permanent fix, at least on the horizon?

-Does the 1 yr warranty reset after a catastrophic failure? I'm considering changing my order to a devestator in case the cloud goes out after a year i'll at least have a nice bong.

I'm pretty new to vaporizing(ignorant) so i hope i'm not out of line in my questions. Maybe this is techy stuff that is just inherently high maintenance?

labtest,

b0

Cloudy...
-Is there one single problem that is causing the failures? What is it and is there a long term/permanent fix, at least on the horizon?

This is what worries me more, did the people in VXH know why the errors happen? I hope when they start sending overseas they have this "problem" solved, if not will be very costly for them to change units...

b0,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Blinking red/green when it'snot in auto-shutoff seems to be the most frequent failure (don't know how rare, but other failures are imo much more rare). Hope they will find out what causes this soon as it will imo reduce Cloud failures a lot (even when rare).

Seek,

makisupacurtain

My buddy just got a standalone cloud delivered today with the new mouthpiece. I have to say the mouthpiece is awesome with a nice flare out on it, though personally I prefer my hydraline.
dsc_96644.jpg

skyline

It's nice to see that VXL finally offers standalone Clouds! And those dry mouthpieces look really nice too. I've just been using this, I kind of like putting my lips over the mouth piece instead of pressing against the inside a flare because I feel like it puts less horizontal force on the joint. I might have to pick one of those up eventually though...

By the way, does anyone know what to do if you sent in your unit once and the replacement was defective on arrival? Specifically, do you have to open a new support ticket or can you just email them? My old unit died back in early November, go figure since I was sure it ran hot. However my new unit runs cold to the point where I have the dial turned to max temp and the vapor is transparent even with a fresh ELB. The ABV also comes out "golden brown" to "milk chocolate" instead of "dark chocolate", the color my old unit produced even at 1:30.

Here's an example of the replacement unit running at max temp with a fresh and full ELB.

Here's my old unit on 1:30. This is how a Cloud is supposed to perform!

I'm not mad though since I know I'll have a good unit again eventually. I just can't wait until I get a working Cloud again! It's been too long since I've experienced the unrivaled thick vapor that a normal working Cloud can produce. :\ I know after all this waiting it'll be worth it though. I guess that's the price of having the hardest hitting, most flavorful, and most efficient vape on the market!

skyline,

Medical Mark

That sucks about your cloud man but I'm thinking mine might be on the brink ? It seems like it doesn't produce the same clouds at 12 as it did when I first got it I'm powering it up at 2 o'clock to produce the same big clouds I use to,get at 12 o'clock I've tested moister density of the herb And such but I'm sorta thinking its loosing its power to shower me with exceptional vapor clouds.
I don't know maybe I'm wrong I heat it for at least 10 to 15 min to get it ready but I just don't see the same results I used to when I got it in October for my bday

Medical Mark,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Mark, one thing to consider. How clean are your ELBs? The way I see it is the ELB is really the main "interface" between your medicine and the heated air. If your heater core is still putting out the heat, easily verified like Stu did with an infrared thermometer, or by checking ABV color at least, then really the ELB is the only other variable. One sure way to test, bump the temp knob up and see if you get the desired performance. I'll keep thinking . . .

Edit: Only other thing I can think of is the quality of your meds . . . even if they are the same meds, year round like I have, you have to be careful to store in proper temp, light, and humidity levels, vacuum etc . . .

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Speaking of Hydratubes I have fallen in love with mine all over again!
phto.jpg

I was in LURVE with my Mobius Stereo Matrix 60t (t stands for terrific!) but a nice slow pull off of this baby and my eyes iz goin' crazy (to quote the Jerky Boys) with admiration! Thanks again team VXC! Now to jump on those stand alones!!

Hioctane

Vaked
So, points to the VXC crew....Fast as hell shipping on my order. I'm currently out of state and it beat me home! On one hand kinda wish I had it delivered to where I'm staying, but at least I know it's safely at its final destination. Gonna be some restless nights till I'm home.

Medical Mark

Well I talked to someone regarding my heat issues we came up with a few solutions and I think it worked, I had my VXH plugged into a surge protector ur it was loaded with other stuff mind you not everything plugged into it was running basically a vaporizer charge center lol but he told me that VXH is running 300 watts to warm up and needs a good electrical current. So I switched it to a outlet all by itself and bam bam big clouds again. Now there is a algerythem spelt wrong im sure but he said sometimes after a period of time it corrects itself and adjust to the airflow coming thought the bamboo which determines the aligorythem anyway I think my issue is resolved I'm hitting it at 1 o'clock and its now producing way better vapor and density is better also I used clean elbows so hey maybe the power bar or power source was the problem.

Anyway this is good I love my cloud

skyline

Nice to hear you worked it out Mark!

I also thought it might be the outlet too so I tried it in multiple outlets just to be sure. I talked to someone over at VXL too and they were pretty sure my replacement unit is working fine. We talked back and forth and they agreed to do an inspection and if there wasn't anything wrong with my replacement they'd upgrade my unit to a hotter firmware for a fee.

I was surprised that they thought my unit was fine, though. I always thought that all Clouds could create opaque vapor since I've seen so many videos demonstrating this. Oh well, at least I got this issue taken care of! I'm hoping my next unit will bring me the thick clouds I've been missing. :peace:

skyline,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
my cloud has been gone for like a day now, i feel so lonley haha :) at least i know ill be getting another and im not completley fucked outa 600 bucks or whatever it was lol, i still need to buy a big piece and put my CLOUD BUDDY to use :) this thing is so dope i just wana make all kinds of contraptions with it

Hioctane

Vaked
my cloud has been gone for like a day now, i feel so lonley haha :) at least i know ill be getting another and im not completley fucked outa 600 bucks or whatever it was lol, i still need to buy a big piece and put my CLOUD BUDDY to use :) this thing is so dope i just wana make all kinds of contraptions with it
I can't wait to use mine too!

Hioctane,

BlueHoo

Were you folks notified when your Cloud shipped? I ordered mine last Saturday. The order status has not changed from confirmed. Thanks.

BlueHoo,

Hioctane

Vaked
Were you folks notified when your Cloud shipped? I ordered mine last Saturday. The order status has not changed from confirmed. Thanks.
Yes, I received confirmation a few days later. On both my orders, so far. Usually only takes a few days and I think they kind of send it late. Took them a few, once money was taken from my account I got my notice and it was already picked up from their shop, in transit. Could depend on what you ordered/public demand. IMHO.

Hioctane,

skyline

Wait never mind my Cloud may be working fine after all! I did another test last night and found that when I set my unit to max temp, the LED takes 7 minutes to turn green. My old unit took 14 minutes to turn green when set to 12:00 so this came as a surprise. After waiting a few minutes I tested an ELB and it was still not as thick as I wanted. After the vapor stopped coming, I decided to try it one last time so I packed yet another ELB (with a better strain) and tried it again and this time I got the thick opaque hits I wanted!

This was confusing because I had only used the better strain in all my previous tests and I never got the vapor to be that opaque. I did last nights test to see if the strain made the difference, but with my results, now I'm guessing it was because I left the unit on for longer while packing the second ELB, letting the Cloud heat up even more. I never had to do this with my old unit though - it was always ready to go when it turned green. I guess I have to conduct more tests now with heat-up time as the main focus. I'm happy to say though that I'm back in the Clouds! :)

skyline,
Reactions: VapeArts

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
Wait never mind my Cloud may be working fine after all! I did another test last night and found that when I set my unit to max temp, the LED takes 7 minutes to turn green. My old unit took 14 minutes to turn green when set to 12:00 so this came as a surprise. After waiting a few minutes I tested an ELB and it was still not as thick as I wanted. After the vapor stopped coming, I decided to try it one last time so I packed yet another ELB (with a better strain) and tried it again and this time I got the thick opaque hits I wanted!

This was confusing because I had only used the better strain in all my previous tests and I never got the vapor to be that opaque. I did last nights test to see if the strain made the difference, but with my results, now I'm guessing it was because I left the unit on for longer while packing the second ELB, letting the Cloud heat up even more. I never had to do this with my old unit though - it was always ready to go when it turned green. I guess I have to conduct more tests now with heat-up time as the main focus. I'm happy to say though that I'm back in the Clouds! :)
a lot of variables to be considered. how dry medicine is, how tight do pack bowl, how clean is bowl and then the quality of your medicine. air flow is key in all aspects. i can get nice vapor at 9 o'clock with a clean bowl and dry medicine I might have to take a few more hits but I have no problems getting supremely medicated. I sometimes think that some people expect this vape to suspend the laws of thermodynamics. not going to happen:2c:

ictus

where are folks ordering from? the vapexhale is down for me.

*edit* finally got to the site, but seems really bogged down. Product page gives database error... doh

I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace my Volcano. nothing wrong with my cano, other than I've been dissapointed with the light somewhat tasteless vapor of it. My INH004 is far better tasting but sadly a bit difficult for heavy usage due to small loads.

ictus,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
VapeXHale uses GoDaddy, which is not the most reliable when it comes to shared hosting. Give them an hour and they should be back to normal.

CentiZen,

ictus

thanks... looks like things are running again :)

I'm having analysis paralysis on the HydraTubes.... a few pages back I saw a post comparing 2 tubes, but now one of the tubes no longer exists on the VX site (the shower one?) and they have like 50 new tubes.... yikes.

Does it really matter whcih tube? The post I saw siad the Shower one (showercap? I forget) had better taste.

ictus,
Top Bottom