Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

BL4ZE

I tried that did not work. tube doesn't fit inside tp roll. what brand did you use and does the tube fit all the way in or just partially( to gong joint). I will lay it on its side on a think wool sock tilted up at one end. until the cloud-station comes out. thanks mongorian (i think)

I'm using angel soft and yes just the joint fits into the center. I was just throwing it out there if people were tired of propping it up on stuff. I've used a shoe as well, but I like the tp roll since it sits completly upright.

BL4ZE,

mmafighterthe25

Well that sucks, I was hoping they would be shipping these out In masses by may. I guess the custom glass is not only expensive, but time consuming to manf as well as keeping up with quality control.

yea man im hoping by may to, i hate to wait haha. my birthday is june would be cool get it then. but they handblow all the hydratubes that probably what takes longest.

mmafighterthe25,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Well that sucks, I was hoping they would be shipping these out In masses by may. I guess the custom glass is not only expensive, but time consuming to manf as well as keeping up with quality control.

Glass pieces like this are not produced by machine; they aren't light bulbs. :) While there are differences in production methods which can affect the amount of labor that goes into blowing the piece, and industrial glass can be parallelized to an extent, by definition production is labor constrained.

VHC's shipping was initially gated by needing to work out the assembly and fulfillment wrinkles, as Robot explained. My guess is that in the meantime, they've been building an inventory of glass. But with the large order backlog, I expect for that to be exhausted and fulfillment subsequently gated by the glass production capacity. That's probably a principal reason for the in-house HT's. And also a principal reason why none of us can forecast future shipments based on order dates.

oldiebutgoodie,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
:2c:
if you don't want to spend $$$ on a stand, i think it's fairly easy to make one out of stuff laying around. the concept is as easy as they come (base + holder). how it will look will depend on materials available and level of craftiness.

1) you will need the base/foot. this can be made of something solid.. a piece of wood for example.
2) you need a holder. something with a diameter large enough for the ht to slide in and out without problems. it can be a hard plastic glass/cup, a travel mug, some kind of plastic juice container, maybe a tennis ball can/tube, pvc tubing, kool aid container, hell, maybe even a block of wood with a tunnel bored into it. just make sure its not something that will scratch the ht (you may have to make some modifications).
3) attach holder part to base. depending on the material, you can drill a few screws in through the bottom of the holder into the base, or use strong glue/epoxy. you can also add a liner to the bottom of the holder part... cut up an old mouse pad or similar soft material.
standsm.png

moodswing,

dirtpie

I've followed this thread and the old thread since the beginning, but have been having difficulty searching for what the dimensions are of the Cloud. If any of the current Cloud holders could let me know how tall and wide the unit it is I'd be very greatful.

Thanks,
dirtpie

dirtpie,

vape4life

Banned for life
regarding the heat up time...I didn't use the beta cloud all the time until recently, and the heat up time was why. I've always got a log vape ready to go. But after deciding to make it my daily driver I can say the heat up time is a non-factor for me, and it used to be. After I plug in and turn on the Cloud I go to work preparing the ELB. I have never waited more than a minute or two after that for the Cloud to go green. All vapes perform better when warmed up a little bit, but the Cloud seems to be the best at actually working when it says it is ready. I don't think that anyone who gets a Cloud will be complaining about the warmup time.

According to a few posters they say that the cloud performs better after 10+ mins, not when it says it's ready at 5 min.

vape4life,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
agreed...the cloud does benefit from being on longer, as all vapes do. I was trying to say that of all the vapes I've used, this one works the best when it reaches the manufacturer's recommended warmup claims.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
:2c:
if you don't want to spend $$$ on a stand, i think it's fairly easy to make one out of stuff laying around. the concept is as easy as they come (base + holder). how it will look will depend on materials available and level of craftiness.

1) you will need the base/foot. this can be made of something solid.. a piece of wood for example.
2) you need a holder. something with a diameter large enough for the ht to slide in and out without problems. it can be a hard plastic glass/cup, a travel mug, some kind of plastic juice container, maybe a tennis ball can/tube, pvc tubing, kool aid container, hell, maybe even a block of wood with a tunnel bored into it. just make sure its not something that will scratch the ht (you may have to make some modifications).
3) attach holder part to base. depending on the material, you can drill a few screws in through the bottom of the holder into the base, or use strong glue/epoxy. you can also add a liner to the bottom of the holder part... cut up an old mouse pad or similar soft material.
standsm.png

I did this way back in the day:

VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

stickstones,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
I did this way back in the day:

VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

ha! i remember that!

more stand ideas....
this is if you have access to scientific lab equipment or live by a science lab equipment surplus store, or have time to research/shop online. you can use a beaker/testtube ring stand. they have various types and sizes with the common being made of a metal base, rod, and screw-on ring. they also have a tripod style stand. if you get one with a metal base, make sure to put a liner on top of the base (mousepad material or rubber matting will do). if you get one with a metal ring, you can use some tubing, slice down the middle, and wrap around the metal.

scistands.jpg

moodswing,

Venomous

Glass pieces like this are not produced by machine; they aren't light bulbs. :) While there are differences in production methods which can affect the amount of labor that goes into blowing the piece, and industrial glass can be parallelized to an extent, by definition production is labor constrained.

VHC's shipping was initially gated by needing to work out the assembly and fulfillment wrinkles, as Robot explained. My guess is that in the meantime, they've been building an inventory of glass. But with the large order backlog, I expect for that to be exhausted and fulfillment subsequently gated by the glass production capacity. That's probably a principal reason for the in-house HT's. And also a principal reason why none of us can forecast future shipments based on order dates.

Thanks for the insight :) it's a good feeling to know their customer service image is something the have great pride in not having tarnished.

Venomous,

Venomous

ha! i remember that!

more stand ideas....
this is if you have access to scientific lab equipment or live by a science lab equipment surplus store, or have time to research/shop online. you can use a beaker/testtube ring stand. they have various types and sizes with the common being made of a metal base, rod, and screw-on ring. they also have a tripod style stand. if you get one with a metal base, make sure to put a liner on top of the base (mousepad material or rubber matting will do). if you get one with a metal ring, you can use some tubing, slice down the middle, and wrap around the metal.

scistands.jpg

You could also have some beautiful cnc pieces made of billet alumn built into the stand to hold the piece as well. Another option at a lower cost but just as strong that would impose no risk of scratches or damage to the glass would be to cnc a holder out of derlin composite material.

Venomous,

B.

War Criminal
american science and surplus is an awesome site for stuff like that.

or if ur in chicago, its at foster and milwaukee on the northwest side. super fun store.

vape4life

Banned for life
^^^
agreed...the cloud does benefit from being on longer, as all vapes do. I was trying to say that of all the vapes I've used, this one works the best when it reaches the manufacturer's recommended warmup claims.

Sorry I misconstrued you then. I see your point, and that's good to know. I am drooling like everyone else and I have my Solo for when I need a "fast" one. Hopefully that will be replaced by VXL's portable when it's released :)

vape4life,

Opahe

Actually, I pre-ordered a long time ago. I got the email for registering, just waiting for the response and I'm ready to order! :)

A Question to those lucky few: What where the shipping options and the approximate costs?

Opahe,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
What is the difference between the Showerdomes and the HT???

And are the Pics of each?

Kuroth1,

sweetdreams4.2.0

shipping options were
ground ($13), 2 day($44), and overnight ($80)
just curious VX team but will you be putting the new hydra tubes on the website now so people will be able to pick the new tube as a package? right now i think it still says only shower and vertigo

sweetdreams4.2.0,

medicated

3 week (I think....sorry I've been heavily medicated in a cloud) update: S/N 0028 with the "collectors item" Vertigo hydratree Absolutely Amazing I love it superb efficiency at low temp extraction and consistent from hit to hit If you can't wait 5 minutes for heatup you need to reschedule your life! My SSV is now in backup mode I love the smoothness of the hydratree great with and without ice I've never had a high end glass piece with trees or other diffusion devices so now I have glass envy and am wondering what would be an additional good piece of glass?? Stonemonkey stated earlier that ice was not that important in smoothness that a 2 chamber design was so on the top end maybe a Mobius clear nano with matrix perk $390) ? of ion bubbler (but this only has one chamber) or a beaker design with a tree or two? like a HVY 8 arm ($260.) or I found a beaker style with 2 x 4 arm trees ($69) I've searched forums but am undecided.....I would like to keep the height at less than 14 inches or so.... thanks

medicated,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
What is the difference between the Showerdomes and the HT???

And are the Pics of each?

I'm going to try to keep this gentle, others might not be so inclined . . .

There is a boatload of info about the tubes on this and the preceding thread, a lot in just the last half-dozen pages or so. Essentially you're asking us to repeat what's been repeated many times, and for the pics, to do the searching for you. Might I suggest you invest a bit of time yourself?

For a short answer: All the tubes are HT's, i.e., HydraTubes. What is currently available is the Vertigo, which is a tree, and the VXC in-house called the HydraCirc, which as the name indicates, is a showerdome circ. The SGW brand Showerdome, a circ, will be available in the near future.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

medicated

3 week (I think....sorry I've been heavily medicated in a cloud) update: S/N 0028 with the "collectors item" Vertigo hydratree Absolutely Amazing I love it superb efficiency at low temp extraction and consistent from hit to hit If you can't wait 5 minutes for heatup you need to reschedule your life! My SSV is now in backup mode I love the smoothness of the hydratree great with and without ice I've never had a high end glass piece with trees or other diffusion devices so now I have glass envy and am wondering what would be an additional good piece of glass?? Stonemonkey stated earlier that ice was not that important in smoothness that a 2 chamber design was so on the top end maybe a Mobius clear nano with matrix perk $390) ? of ion bubbler (but this only has one chamber) or a beaker design with a tree or two? like a HVY 8 arm ($260.) or I found a beaker style with 2 x 4 arm trees ($69) I've searched forums but am undecided.....I would like to keep the height at less than 14 inches or so.... thanks

medicated,

medicated

I made a cloud station yesterday...... bought a 2.5lb weight (with one side flat) at Big 5 and bought 2 3feet long dowels placed some felt furniture sliders on the bottom (nonflat) side cut the dowels into 5 inch pieces placed the dowels (held in place with a rubber band) around the hydratee and then used a glue gun total cost approx $7 turned out great very stable

medicated,
Top Bottom